The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My First and Only Political Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-10-04, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"My First and Only Political Thread"
Handy Email Response for Well-meaning Friends and Neighbors
By Jim Coutu

Dear < > Friend < > Family Member < > Concerned Citizen,
Thank you for your recent email concerning the political future of our country. I am glad that you are concerned about the political process and that you thought well enough of me to send me a copy.

However, at this time, I've made up my mind who I'm voting for. Chances are that you have too. Barring last minute acts of cannibalism by either party (verifiable), I'm not changing my mind. Chances are, you aren't changing your mind either.

Personally, I'm not interested in hearing about what happened 30 years ago, or which candidate was rude to someone, or what the candidate's third grade teacher thought of him. Really.

There is still a long way to go until the election, and I'm already tired of the discourse. So let's agree not to discuss politics. If you need something to discuss/argue, I'm more than willing to discuss/argue:

Your favorite castaway on Gilligan's Island
Which religion is the one, true religion
Your favorite (Kosher)hotdog topping
Hockey
The appropriateness of wearing white after Labor Day
If you are one of the few people left who haven't made up their mind who they are voting for; here's what I recommend:

Keep up on current events, read the newspaper
Search out news sources that present both sides in an open format; they are tough to find, but they do exist
Your friend, (unless you send me another one of these emails)
<insert name here>

Oh, and Kerry is boring. And Bush is dumb.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My First and Only Political Thr... weltek 09-10-04 1
 RE: My First and Only Political Thr... CantStandToLook 09-10-04 2
   RE: My First and Only Political Thr... emydi 09-10-04 13
       RE: My First and Only Political Thr... CantStandToLook 09-10-04 15
           RE: My First and Only Political Thr... emydi 09-10-04 16
 RE: My First and Only Political Thr... seahorse 09-10-04 3
   RE: My First and Only Political Thr... anotherkim 09-10-04 6
       RE: My First and Only Political Thr... seahorse 09-10-04 7
       RE: My First and Only Political Thr... grit 09-10-04 8
 RE: My First and Only Political Thr... Drive My Car 09-10-04 4
 RE: My First and Only Political Thr... PagongRatEater 09-10-04 5
   RE: My First and Only Political Thr... Silvergirl1 09-10-04 11
       RE: My First and Only Political Thr... PagongRatEater 09-10-04 14
 LOL moonbaby 09-10-04 9
 RE: My First and Only Political Thr... Immunegirl 09-10-04 10
   RE: My First and Only Political Thr... CantStandToLook 09-10-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-10-04, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
OMH, that's good stuff!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
Is it any wonder I *heart* you

I'm going to copy and paste this right now and set it as my autoreply to all messages

Handcrafted by RollDdice
I dont have to lay-low from anyone or thing...I just had nothing to say

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
Hi CSTL!!!!!

Nice to see you!! How's thing in Hotlanta???

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

My sis just got back from a 3 week vacation in Africa!!! She starts her 3 yr. stint at the CDC on Monday!!!

09-10-04, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
Atlanta is doing just great ..despite Frances trying to drown us as she passed thru.

tell sis I'm waving Hi

Handcrafted by RollDdice
never that far away

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
Frances hit us here in Pittsburgh too on Weds all day and until yday afternoon. Lots of flooding..the 10th street bypass and parking along the Monongahela River were flooded today!!

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

The Mon (I'm looking at it right now) and the Allegheny form the Ohio, geggy's favorite place in the world!!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
One thing is for sure, if you never post in political threads, you will not piss many people off and maybe that is a good thing.

Maybe not.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
ah, life would be so boring if we didn't p!ss each other off, though.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--called a b!tch more than once, but lived to tell the tale

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
That's what I'm talking about.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-10-04, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
It's much better to be p!ssed off than p!ssed on, I always say...

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
Thanks deb! I have several people I need to send this email too. I may include a part about chain letters too.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
Congrats on dipping your feet into the oh-so-shallow waters of politics. And here are my thoughts:

Your favorite castaway on Gilligan's Island - Gilligan (a well meaning bumbler like me)

Which religion is the one, true religion - Latter Day Saints (South Park told me so)

Your favorite (Kosher)hotdog topping - all you need is the mustard, deli-style

Hockey - umm, go Yankees?

The appropriateness of wearing white after Labor Day - punishable by a trip to the Salt Lake City LDS Temple

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-04 AT 03:38 PM (EST)

The appropriateness of wearing white after Labor Day - punishable by a trip to the Salt Lake City LDS Temple

Hey, I got to go there in July and the Salt Lake Temple is really beautiful! Just saying.

PRE, did you know that most Latter Day Saints are right wingers? I consider myself to be a moderate, but most of the people in my church are Republican and swear by the Fox News channel.

Edited for open tag

Have a nice day!

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
Oh yeah - very GOP friendly state. I worked for 2 years for an SLC based company and it actually IS beautiful. Once at a sales meeting my LDS boss put on a South Park segment where the whole town was in Hades and someone said they shouldn't be there cause they were Christian and the devil said "sorry the correct religion were the Mormons."

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "LOL"
I love this-thanks, Deb!

Immunegirl 2304 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-10-04, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Immunegirl Click to send private message to Immunegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
Thanks deb!! That was great.

Only replying to the ones I feel like replying to...

Your favorite (Kosher)hotdog topping = ketcup. Is ketchup kosher?

Hockey = I *heart* the NJ Devils, and am very sad that I will likely not get to see Marty in action this year

The appropriateness of wearing white after Labor Day=sacrilege

Slice and Dice Chop Shop 2004

09-10-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
12. "RE: My First and Only Political Thread"
Hi Iggy...

I heard they sent out a search party looking for you. Maybe my GPS will guide me to the bar later. Miss chatting with ya.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
It's friday it's friday it's the end of the week and the last day

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •