The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Safety Dance"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-25-05, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Safety Dance"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 08:21 AM (EST)

S-s-s-s A-a-a-a F-f-f-f E-e-e-e T-t-t-t Y-y-y-y Safe-safe-safe-safe-ty Dance-dance-dance-dance...

Was it just me or did anybody else feel both contestants made really safe song choices last night? I don't think either performer pushed the boundaries of their voices. It seemed to me we saw just what we would expect from Bo and Carrie.

Don't get me wrong, they were both good. But I saw last night as an opportunity for either to just blow everybody away with something done great, but totally unexpected. Fantasia's song where she sat on the floor the whole time comes to mind.* Something like this could really separate yourself from your competition. But both wanted to stick with "their" style.

Perhaps I'm wrong. This close to the title, perhaps it's best to stick with what you know and you're known for. But I see it as an opportunity wasted and felt that even though the performances were good, as a show it was just aw'right for me, dawg. KnowwhatI'msayin'?

Exorcised by Syren, 2005
* I can't remember what the song was or even what round that was in, but I do remember it to be a defining moment for her. It was when most finally said, "Yup, she's the next Americon Idol."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Safety Dance dragonflies 05-25-05 1
 RE: Safety Dance nailbone 05-25-05 2
   RE: Safety Dance geekboy 05-25-05 7
       RE: Safety Dance nailbone 05-25-05 11
       RE: Safety Dance TeamJoisey 05-25-05 16
 RE: Safety Dance Tahj 05-25-05 3
   RE: Safety Dance seahorse 05-25-05 5
       RE: Safety Dance newsomewayne 05-25-05 6
           RE: Safety Dance Tahj 05-25-05 8
           RE: Safety Dance Devious Weasel 05-25-05 10
 RE: Safety Dance tamarama 05-25-05 4
   RE: Safety Dance Devious Weasel 05-25-05 9
       RE: Safety Dance ginger 05-25-05 12
           RE: Safety Dance Devious Weasel 05-25-05 13
               RE: Safety Dance newsomewayne 05-25-05 14
                   RE: Safety Dance Flairmarq 05-25-05 15
               RE: Safety Dance ginger 05-25-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Safety Dance"
You can dance if you want to...

I agree, but I think Bo already did that, last week with the acapella song.

another syren masterpiece

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Safety Dance"
I think both did really well on their "favorite" songs, but the other two "original songs", which I think are ones that the winner will record or something, were dreadful. Especially for Bo, who's style doesn't fit those songs.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

"Summertime" was the song Fantasia sang.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-25-05, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Safety Dance"
Am i the only one who truly liked Bo's rendition of "Inside Your Heaven"? I didn't hate his first song either.

geekboy

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Safety Dance"
Bo sang them just fine. It's just the songs I didn't like, and I don't think they fit him. He CAN sing anything, but some things work better than others.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-25-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Safety Dance"
I think Bo did a very good job with a mediocre song.

He certainly outsang Carrie's version.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-25-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Safety Dance"
On two of the songs they had no choice. Then they chose a song that they had performed well on previously.

Fantasia's song was Summertime.

Moves courtesy of Syren

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Safety Dance"
I agree, they had no choice on the original songs and they had a very limited choice on a repeat song from the season that they did well on.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

05-25-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Safety Dance"
are you sure they had no choice. Because I thought both got a little criticism on song choices on the originals. Bo for his first from Randy and Carrie, the same for her I think.

Exorcised by Syren, 2005

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-25-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Safety Dance"
The judges didn't think the songs really suited them but Bo and Carrie didn't choose them.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Safety Dance"
The judges were criticizing the songs, not the song choices.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-25-05, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Safety Dance"
I dunno...

I really liked Vehicle, though my personal favorite of Bo's was Whipping Post. That was before Final 12 though, right? Maybe they had to do a Final 12 song.

I agree wholeheartedly with Simon that Carrie picked the wrong song. She got some criticism for song choice the first time she sang Independence Day, why do it again? Plus, if you're not a country fan, that song is pretty forgettable -- she should have done something that would hook a broader audience.

And I do think they both tried to have their big moments last week (Bo's hit, Carrie's missed). Maybe they thought with 2 original songs to learn this week they'd better stick a little closer to the comfort zone with their own choice.

05-25-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Safety Dance"
I think Carrie wanted to go with an uptempo song to counter the two ballads. She didn't have a whole lot of them to choose from, though.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Safety Dance"
She needed a wench costume. And some dwarves.

05-25-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Safety Dance"
None of us want to hear about your private life...

05-25-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Safety Dance"
You shut up!

*Rests elbows on table and head on hands. Looks up at Ginger*

Do go on, sweetie.

Exorcised by Syren, 2005

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-25-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Safety Dance"
Carrie should have done "Love Out of Nothing at All" by Air Supply again--I think that was her best performance of the season.

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-05, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Safety Dance"
Let's just say a certain ferret is no longer welcome in My Heaven.

No matter how hard he bangs them pearly gates.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •