The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-19-02, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
Big huge important spoiler warning: If you have not seen the finale of Survivor: Thailand, please stop reading until you do. This thread will have spoilers from it and it would just majorly suck if it got ruined.

Fanatics Love List 5.13 - It all Thais Together

Well, this is it. The end of another season. Helen took the first walk, followed by sweetheart Jan, then Brian proved that he could take the game, all according to his master plan (hopefully not to make more movies). So, that leaves one more thing for us fans. When all is said and done, who's the big winner in your hearts? In this finale list, list all 16 Survivors in the order that you like them and then, if you wish, a short explanation why. So let's go out with a bang!

Note: The awards are just my own little thing. Feel free to dole out your own if you want to

Position. Name (Special Award Won, If Any)

1. Stephanie Dill (Kelly Wigglesworth Memorial Award)
2. Tanya Vance (Colleen Haskell Memorial Award Co-Winner)
3. Shii Ann Huang
4. Helen Glover (Queen of the Heap Award)
5. Robb Zbacnik
6. Penny Ramsey
7. Ted Rogers Jr. (Gervase Peterson Memorial Award)
8. Jake Billingsly (Gretchen Cordy Memorial Award)
9. Jan Gentry (Colleen Haskell Memorial Award Co-Winner)
10. Clay Jordan
11. Brian Heidik (Richard Hatch Memorial Award)
12. Jed Hildebrand
13. Erin Collins
14. Ken Stafford
15. John Raymond
16. Ghandia Johnson

Survivorerist's Chart Notes:

- I believe this season gives rise to my first ever all female top 3, with Stephanie, Tanya and Shii Ann taking the top three spots in El Grande Listo. All three of my top picks this season proved to be underdogs, as Stephanie showed great perseverence but unfortunately couldn't keep up, Tanya fell victim to unfortunate circumstances early on, and Shii Ann was blindsided by a SHOCKING NEW TWIST! Well done ladies, I only wish you'd sticked around longer.

Now for my favourite part of the finale list, the handing out of Awards. Note that the Ethan Zohn best hair award has been discontinued this season, due to the fact that nobody had really funky hair that I got a kick out of. Anyways, my award winners for Survivor Thailand:

- First up, the prestegious King/Queen of the Heap Award (Previous Winner: Neleh Dennis). This award goes to the Survivor: Thailand contestant who charts the most weeks at #1 on the Fanatics Love List. This season's winner is Helen Glover, who charted 5 weeks at #1 and landed in second place on the all time FLL #1's list (second only to Dennis herself, who sits pretty with 11 #1s). What can I say? Watching you was a pleasure

- Next, the Richard Hatch Memorial Award (Previous Winner: Rob Mariano). This award goes to the Survivor: Thailand Contestant who exhibits the most conniving nature and does the most scheming to keep himself or herself alive. This season's winner is none other than new millionaire Brian Heidik. You played everyone like a fiddle, and it ended up paying off for you. The master Hatch himself would be proud.

- The Kelly Wigglesworth Memorial Award (Previous Winner: Tammy Leitner) is presented to the Survivor: Thailand Contestant who proves himself or herself to be physically strong, but at some point in the game breaks down emotionally, causing him or her to effectively slit his or her own throat. This season's Award goes to Stephanie Dill, who was the first player picked to a tribe but eventually got bogged down both physically and emotionally.

- The Colleen Haskell Memroial Award (Previous Winner: Gina Crews) is presented to the Survivor: Thailand Contestant who survives by staying under the radar and not upsetting others. This season, we have two winners; Tanya Vance and Jan Gentry. The former didn't survive too long due to early sickness, but managed to make friends with her tribemates for the short time she was on. The latter managed to survive up to the final 3 by playing sweetheart/crazy old grandma. One more council and the million would've been yours, Jan

- The Gretchen Cordy Memorial Award (Previous Winner: Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien) is presented to the Survivor: Thailand Contestant who acts as a mother or father figure to his or her team, helping them through challenges. This season, we have a male recipient, Jake Billingsly! The picker and father figure of Sook Jai, you helped calm the tensions between various members of the tribe, yet still showed you had some fight when you were getting picked off. Jake, you are a great man.

- Finally, The Gervase Peterson Memorial Award (Previous Winner: Sean Rector), presented to the Survivor: Thailand Contestant who gets by on charm and being all around well liked by his or her tribemates, goes to Ted Rogers Jr. this season. It was a toss up between you and Clay, but in the end I chose you because you seemed to genuinely be having fun out there and seemed more sincere about your friendships. You may not have won the million, but you came away very well liked.

And that's it for me this season. This is Survivorerist signing out for Survivor: Thailand. Can't wait to hear what you have to say!

(Another IceCat original )

The Top 5 FLL Castaways

1. Neleh Dennis (11 weeks at #1)
2. Colby Donaldson (5 weeks at #1)
2. Helen Glover (5 weeks at #1)
4. Amber Brkich (4 weeks at #1)
4. Lex Van Den Burghe (4 weeks at #1)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 magic_star 12-20-02 1
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 ejm92 12-20-02 2
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 Kokoro 12-20-02 3
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 bubbastan 12-20-02 4
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 evanakm 12-20-02 5
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 ivoryElephant 12-20-02 6
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 johnthemod 12-20-02 7
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 Jims02 12-20-02 8
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 sittem 12-20-02 9
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 dabo 12-20-02 10
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 bichon 12-20-02 11
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 FesterFan1 12-20-02 12
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 Swami 12-20-02 13
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 I_AM_HE 12-20-02 14
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 Draco Malfoy 12-20-02 15
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 BaquaR13 12-20-02 16
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 djandy 12-20-02 17
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 echogirl 12-20-02 18
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 BMH 12-20-02 19
 RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 molerific 12-20-02 20
   RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13 martini man 01-05-03 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-20-02, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
1.Erin- Looked great all season and worked really hard. I think she definitely proved that you can be hot and not be a Sarah.

2.Jan- Local Florida favorite. She never said anything bad about another survivor. Never gave up and did well to the very end.

I'll give a twosome female top two.

3.Brian- Came in with the best startegy, left with the money. I really think he had good intentions with other people though.

4.Ted- Got a little cheated, but kept pushing all season.

5.Jed- Early boot but he was really cool.

6.Helen- Sweet until the last episode of coarse. Some humor, always worked hard.

7.Stephanie- Was somewhat boring, didn't bring game face along.

8.Penny- Was sweet, voted for wrong person though and never retreat your tibe again like that.

9.Robb- Gave us some entertainment. This season needed a little bit more of that.

10.Tanya- Gotta feel bad for her and everything. Was a sweet girl.

11.Jake- He gave it everything he had to mix up the voting. I never really liked his attitude though.

12.John- Never had a chance.

13.Clay- At least I got an occasional laught from him.

14.Ken- Boring, stupid, moronic.

15.Shii Ann- Tough vote, who do I give last to? Well I'll give #15 to Shii but just barely.

16.Ghandia- Worst nightmare of show.

Just some other comments... I thought the jury was being rude most of the time. All they ever did was giggle at the Tribal Councels. I think it was a pretty good ending to a rather boring season. Maybe a little mixup in editing is needed. It wasn't much of a challenge to pick who was going to be eliminated in each episode.

Also the Amazon logo looks really cool! I'm looking forward to the next season of survivor.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-20-02, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
The finale worked over some of my opinions.....but I think the list is pretty accurate.....

1. Jake
2. Brian
3. Clay
4. Ted
5. Helen
6. Jan
7. Shii Ann
8. Erin
9. Tanya
10. Penny
11. Ken
12. Robb
13. John
14. Jed
15. Stephanie
16. Ghandia

2002 NFC North Champs

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-20-02, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
Thank the Lord it's over.

1.) Jan
2.) Jake
3.) Helen
4.) Shii Ann
5.) Ken
6.) Erin
7.) Tanya
8.) Ted
9.) Robb
10.) Ghandia
11.) Stephanie
12.) Jed
13.) John
14.) Penny
15.) Brian
16.) Clay

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

bubbastan 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-20-02, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bubbastan Click to send private message to bubbastan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
Hey Sir Erist, a big thanks for keeping this list going every season. As I've mentioned before, it was your luv list that got me from being a lurker to a poster, and it's still my favorite!

1. Clay - I just enjoyed watching my scrappy little underdog. What a character! His antics definitely entertained me in this rather boring and clinical installment. He earned me some bucks for his second place finish in my pick at random pool, so I've got to stick with him. I think he made some mistakes, but he was pretty candid in admitting to them, and I think that he is definitely a good guy with a good sense of humor. Even though he lost, he didn't appear to be bitter, and he seemed to have really enjoyed his experience.
2. Jake - he was first on my list for many weeks, and he's definitely the sweetest guy that was in this edition. A good man through and through, and watching him with his wife just gave me goosebumps. I only hope that my dear hubby and me are fortunate enough to still have that kind of relationship when we hit his age.
3. Ken - he played the game in his own straight up way, and while it didn't get him to the end, I enjoyed watching him while he was on. A decent, honest guy, and not bad on the eyes!
4. Jan - she drove me nuts the first few weeks, but she definitely grew on me. Not the most savy surivor, from a strategic point of view, but she did last until final three, so that's something. She was a sweet person who had probably the best attitude out there. Being a colorful character also earns her points in my book.
5. Erin - Definitely not a bimbo, I liked what she had to say the few times that she was actually allowed to speak. Seems like a nice person.
6. Tanya - Sympathy vote here. It was too bad she was sick, or she probably would have lasted much longer. It was really sad that she had to experience the loss of her father while so far from home, and she probably had the most tragic experience of any of the Survivors to date. I really would have liked to have been able to have seen more of her.
7. Ted - Seems like a solid guy. Boy, did he look great at the reunion! Glad to see that the whole Ghandia-gate didn't cause any lasting harm to his relationship with his wife.
8. Penny - I don't think that she was as evil as she appeared to be at some points in the show, particularly the episode where she snuffed Jake's torch in the IC. I think she was just desperately trying to stay in the game. They seemed to have mended their fences, which is cool.
9. Pastor John - I honestly didn't think that this guy was so bad. He just pushed too hard too soon.
10. Jed - the biggest hottie out there this go-around. Couldn't play the game worth a damn, though.
11. Shii Ann - Just never cared for her comments, and I thought that it was pretty crappy to come out and tell Jed on the reunion show that they wanted him gone so bad that they threw the challenge. She just seems to enjoy rubbing people's noses in things....
12. Helen - bitter, bitter, bitter. Sorry, but her tirade was not even Sue Hawk-worthy. Too bad that she was so completely duped by the used car salesman. Liked her right up until the last three weeks, too.
13. Robb - well, at least he admitted that he can really be a jerk at times....
14. Brian - He played a hell of game, and I have to give him credit for that. I just find him pretty repugnant though, overall. He's lucky that Jiffy was hosting the reunion and provided him with damage control. It was pretty funny that he still couldn't give a straight answer even after he won the millon.
15. Stephanie - I didn't really dig the 'ho audition tape.
16. Ghoneria - What I have to say isn't fit to post to this forum.

evanakm 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-20-02, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail evanakm Click to send private message to evanakm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
This season could have been so much better than it was. The people were made to look extremely flat, and it didn't need to be that way. This season was the opposite of S4, it got progressively better, all the "integrity" people were weeded out, and this finale was by far the best. S4 started off great and just tapered off until nobody cared who won.

1) Shii Ann - She'll always be Numero Uno

2) Clay - My palms were sweating for that whole final TC, I wanted him to win, but I didn't mind seeing Brian take it.

3) Brian - Finally, a good ending. I loved his subtle bashing of Colby. Finally, Colby may actually fade into the abyss. Naw, that's just wishful thinking.

4) Helen - Loved the way she made Brian squirm.

5) Ken - I didn't really like him before he got the axe, but his vote for Clay showed that he wasn't quite as flat as I had thought.

6) Stephanie - I love people who are insane, but I'm deducting a few points for not getting along with Shii Ann.

7) Jan - I know I've been keeping her low in my ratings recently, but that's just because most of the people who I disliked were voted off early. Jan's pretty cool.

8(tie) Erin - She got screwed by the editing room. She's not my favorite person, but she showed some spunk tonight.

8(tie) Tanya - Wish we could have seen more of her

10) Jake - His bad game play looms over my picture of him, but I'm sure he's an okay guy.

11) Jed - He was hated, but I'm still not sure why he was anything more than just a little pain in the ass. They did a good enough job of showing us why to hate Robb.

12) John - A little condescending

13) Ted - He was #2 when he was voted off, but He came across as a sore loser tonight. Yes, I know it was a plot against Clay, but he still didn't tell Brian, and looking like a liar is as bad as being a liar in Survivor.

14) Robb - I detested him, but Ghandia and Penny have to go lower.

15) Ghandia - We all know why.

16) Penny - Phony, manipulative, and a bad sport. She had some dignity in this episode, but this episode was the exception rather than the rule.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-20-02, 02:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
At least the ending was more entertaining than S4.

1. Helen Glover
2. Clay
3. Jake
4. Shii Ann
5. Stephanie
6. Tanya
7. Robb
8. Ted
9. Penny
10.John
11.Ken
12.Jed
13.Erin
14.Jan
15.Brian
16.Ghandia

Helen: She is by far my favorite survivor of S5, in fact she is so far ahead of everyone else. She was smart, funny and would have won if Jan had done what Helen told her. She was fair and was NOT bitter. Blunt and to the point she was the greatest player EVER in my mind.

Clay: a distant second. He was funny and crafty. I enjoyed watching him battle it out.

the survivors in the middle were hohum

Robb: although he was an idiot at least he ADMITED it. He knew what he did was wrong and owned up to it. He was VERY entertaining and I was sad to see him go

Jan: The DUMB #####! Helen gave her a SURE plan for the final 2 and granny ##### jan just blew it!!!. WHY?? Does she just sit back and think that the men are superior and so she shouldn't try? What was that ##### bullshit trying to tell helen that she never came to her!?!@?!?!?!?!

Brian: the sleaziest slimiest lying sack of ##### I have ever seen play the game. I couldn't believe how bad he was messing up the questions in the end. The jury was priceless.

Ghandia: Just too much drama around this #####
"I got a kiss from Clay Jordan, oh my god am I queen for a day" - Helen Glover

johnthemod 423 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-20-02, 05:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail johnthemod Click to send private message to johnthemod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
Well, I guess this season wasn't really all THAT bad. That was a HEATED tribal council. I was almost hoping Clay won at the end, even though I hate him. Brian was just such a squirmy bastard at the end.

1. ROBB - he's my favorite survivor from this season. He provided most of the entertainment on the show, and was one of the only new types they had on. He definitely shouldn't have won, but I would have liked to see him get further just because of the thought of him having it out with Chuay Gahn (especially Clay)

2. JAKE - he tried damn hard to make it to the end, and I was really rooting for him. He had that Teresa like determination/fire that really captivated me. Also, he reminds me of my best friend's dad.

3. HELEN - she was a good player, and she got screwed and hurt, and I LOVED watching her making Brian squirm. She was definitely the Kathy of this season (despite the bad teeth). If only Jan hadn't been so dumb, she would've won the game.

4. SHII ANN - I don't think her switching tribes was necessarily a good idea at that point anyways, and especially not once she realized there wasn't a merge... that said, Shii Ann was witty, intelligent, and sarcastic, and I love her for it.

5. KEN - Ken was a hottie, and just plain cool. He played with integrity, and you've gotta respect that. I don't know really what he was hinting to Brian about at the end, but yeah..

6. JED - super hottie that really didn't deserve to go so soon, plus he's from Dallas, and you gotta root for the hometown a bit (though Penny ranks a bit lower)

7. STEPHANIE - man I wish she hadn't reacted so badly to the hunger. She looked like she could've been a lot of fun out there, but she was, at least the first night (remember the skinny dipping anyone?)

8. JAN - the old bat started growing on me towards the end. Despite her complete lack of strategy, she was amusing to watch (the pet cemetary, the boozehound old lady)

9. BRIAN - he really made me hate him this last episode, almost enough to want Clay to win. However, I have to think back to past episodes, and I mean, I have to admit, he was a really outstanding player.

10. ERIN - she was hot. not one of the worst, not one of the best personality-wise.

11. TANYA - I liked her alright, but didn't really get a chance to know her. Plus, she coughed all the way through the reunion and it was REALLY annoying.

12. PENNY - conniving little b*tch. turning on Ted at the end was just awful. She'd be even lower if she wasn't cute and from Dallas.

13. CLAY - Despicable yes. Disgusting yes. Entertaining...eh. HOWEVER, he was probably the most entertaining final two member ever in front of the jury. Something about the way he acted the last episode made me like him a lot more than I have all season.

14. TED - I really thought he sounded less like a big idiot on the jury. Cleaned up well too. Too bad he had to play the race card. And I just can't forget that gut at the beginning.

15. JOHN - yeah, I didn't like him, and never got a chance to try.

16. GHANDIA - WORST SURVIVOR EVER! thought it was rather funny that her whole family has dreds though

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-20-02, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
Here we go...

1. Helen- She deserves number one in my mind. She's been the top of my list for quite awhile now, and I really respected the way she played the game. She also handled herself strongly with the jury, while not looking like a Susan crybaby. WHY did you get duped?

2. Shii Ann- Funny, sarcastic, a DAW... She was a fun person on the show. I didn't like Sook Jai (as a group) that much, but she was refreshing to see.

3. Robb- Hate to give him THIRD on my list (that's sad), but he was the most memorable person I think of, in S5. I really liked the way he talked about making up with his pappy.

4. Ted- I've had some problems with him, but I feel like he is a relatively good guy. I had a problem with that whole racism question, because I don't remember Clay saying anything, but he had his reasons for asking.

5. Erin- I've always like Erin. She's the hot chick who's not an airhead!

6. Jan- The woman's crazy. She'll be the next spokesperson for Budweiser!

7. Jake- Nice guy. I could've liked him more, but he was never that interesting to me.

8. Stephanie- She's crazy!!! She also got somewhat of a bad wrap on the show IMO.

9. Ken- I like his honesty/integrity.

10. Clay- The guy's growing on me. I have to admit it. I wouldn't give him the mill, but I'll give him some compassion.

11. Tanya- Nice girl. I think she could've been the next Colleen if she didn't get sick.

12. Brian- I'm glad he won, but this is a Love List. WAY too arrogant for me!

13. Jed

14. John (weren't here too long)

15. Penny- Penny always annoyed me. I liked her a little more after S5 is over, but I remember the stuff she pulled.

16. Ghandia- The whole Ted incident. It was very nice to see that no one was permanently hurt, and it looks like she lost some weight! So, I can't really hate her...

Quotes of the week
1. "You will NOT see my ta-ta's" -Shii Ann

2. "Do they think I'm too controlling?" -Helen (um, yeah)
3. "My two year old (had a tantrum) one time and I whupped its @$$ and put it back to bed." -Clay
4. "I'm putting in an order for a bigger butt in my next life." -Jan (randomly)

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-20-02, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
I'm realy going to try to keep this list brief - here's hoping!

I thought the jury interrogation this time was the best ever - lots of provocative statements/questions and there had to be a few people wondering why they had to vote for either of the finalists.

1. Ted - Great to the end. His vote wasn't based on racial issues. He made a commitment and kept it. Hear that, Brian?
2. Helen - Should have been the winner. Her bitterness "worked".
3. Jake - He really was a good guy. Love his commitment to his wife.
4. Ken - Quiet, intense and straight up guy. But, you can't win S that way - only in life.
5. Shii - Doomed to wrong tribe - she could have been great.
6. Brian - This high because he won. He really did sell lemons. I really wonder if he's a "winner" in life.
7. Robb - Originally a jerk who did learn a life lesson - good for him!
8. Erin - Picked to play a role, she was much better than that.
9. Penny - Maybe she was sweeter/nicer than I thought.
10. Jan - Deer in the headlights award. Carried to final 3. Have a few beers.
11. Clay - Played "smart", but only in finals due to being as-. A conundrum for me and up and down my list all year - he kept things interesting. Not a classic "racist", but ignorant of his affect.
12. Tanya - Sweet girl in the wrong place at the wrong time.
13. Jed - Still doesn't get it.
14. John - Maybe I'd connect with him with more exposure??
15. Stephanie - Lost whatever respect I had for her seeing the video.
16. Ghandia - Her apology was good and she cleaned up well, but still to much drama. The anti-Vee.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-02, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
1. Shii Ann.
2. Helen.
3. Jake.
4. Tanya.
5. Ken.
6. Stephanie.
7. Brian.
8. Ted.
9. Jed.
10. John.
11. Jan.
12. Erin.
13. Penny.
14. Robb.
15. Clay.
16. Ghandia.

SMILES ARE FREE

bichon 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-20-02, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bichon Click to send private message to bichon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
1. Shii Ann Huang - What can I say? She was intelligent, witty and had the most interesting confessionals. Would have made it much further if not for THE TWIST.

2. Helen Glover - My first impression of her was that she was fiesty and very competitive and she finally showed it at the final TC.

3. Jan Gentry - I'm sure that a lot of people didn't think that she'd make it this far. Neither did I. When I saw her picture on CBS.com - an old woman with pigtails - I thought she would be the first one out. Proved me wrong and really deserved to win.

4. Ken Stafford - I'm a sucker for good looks.

5. Jake Billingsley - Could have made it further had he chosen a different team?

6. Ted Rogers Jr. - Nice guy.

7. Penny Ramsey - OK, so she was set up by Clay. I think she has had enough bashing already. Just look at the topics on Survivor Sucks. ;)

8. Erin Collins - Whatever it is, I have to say that she asked a very good question during the final TC. Thus, she is at No. 8 despite her lack of character during the show.

9. Stephanie Dill - If SJ had not thrown so many challenges and she had not fallen sick, she could have made it further and would have been a much more interesting character to watch.

10. Ghandia Johnson - I know a lot of people hate her but she was actually one of my preseason favourites. *ducks to dodge rotten eggs* Could have made it further and made the show much more interesting if not for THE incident.

11. Clay Jordan - Nothing much to say. Have to respect him for making it so far.

12. Brian Heidik - Well, I have to admit that he was a great player. But this is a LOVE list and he was just too cocky.

13. Robb Zbacnik - ...

14. Tanya Vance - Only here because we didn't really got to see her and I don't detest many of the survivors.

15. Jed Hildebrand - I don't like sore losers.

16. John Raymond - Don't have much of an impression of him.

Awards:
Kathy Varick O'Brien Memorial Award (for survivors who really really deserved to win and should have won): Jan Gentry

Colby Donaldson Memorial Award (for the hunk of the season): Ken Stafford

Colleen Huskell Memorial Award (for the sweetheart of the season): (tie) Shii Ann Huang and Jan Gentry ( to Penny and Erin) *ducks again to dodge rotten eggs*

Michael Skupin Memorial Award (for survivors who were screwed by something they couldn't control): Shii Ann Huang

Greg Buis Memorial Award (isn't it obvious?): Robb Zbacnik

P.S. Hope you don't mind me using your idea, Survivorerist.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-02, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
Sorry I've been AWOL this season. It's just that S5 was so absolutely dreadful, I didn't have the stomach for it. I'm hoping for better things for S6...

1. Jake – He seems like a genuine guy. He and Shii Ann are the only 2 from this cast that I would actually like to meet IRL. I would’ve liked to have seen him win it, but he just didn’t have the numbers. Unfortunately, he has no one to blame for that but himself. He picked his team after all.

2. Shii Ann – It’s a shame she got sandbagged. I really felt like she was the only one out there who gave really candid and interesting confessionals. Who knows how it would’ve turned out if she had wound up on CG and Tanya on SJ, or if she had decided to follow her instincts and jump ship to CG when Jeff made the offer.

3. Jan – I really question her mental health, but she was entertaining. Bat funerals, chicken funerals, drinking heavily, stumbling into rocks after drinking heavily, she was the comic relief for me for S5…not Clay.

4. Helen – She was a great player, but she scared me a little. OK, she scared me A LOT. She should’ve listened to her husband.

5. BrianBest. Player. Ever. Say what you want about him, but he was the best player this game has seen. Why? He did what he did without the benefit of a true alliance. He got Ted, Helen, and Jan to do his bidding without having a traditional bloc. They all may have thought it was a bloc, but it wasn’t. And when Brian turned the knife on them? They still voted for him over Clay. You simply can’t play the game better. All this talk of “integrity” always makes my skin crawl. You’re playing a game for Chrissakes. It’s a business trip, plain and simple. Dicque understood that. So did Brian.

6. Ted – A generally likable guy, but still tainted by Grindgate. I certainly don’t think it rose to the level of sexual assault, but I’m not really sold on the “I was dreaming” story. Whatever happened was definitely inappropriate.

7. John – Got a bad rap, IMO. Ghandia should’ve definitely been the first CG to go. Maybe there was more that we never saw, but voting him out first could’ve been a very costly mistake. Fortunately for CG, the Sookies were even worse strategists when it came to voting.

8. Tanya – She really was never in it. A sentimental favorite because of her personal tragedy during filming and her sweet personality. She should’ve been the S5 sweetheart.

9. Jed – SJ made a mistake in voting him out no matter how prickly his personality was. You can trace their downfall to his ouster, IMO. The Hutsleepers may have had the numbers, but they didn’t have the challenge skills. It was clear that the Beachsleepers had those in spades. It cost SJ the game.

10. Erin – What did she do on this show exactly? Nice window dressing, I guess. Still, she was the Zzzzzoe of S5.

11. Ken – All of the NYC attitude and none of the charm. He’s Kevin and Drew from TAR without their sense of irony. Too self righteous, too rigid in his thinking, and too weak in the challenges for a guy of his youth and strength.

12. Clay – The Big Tom to Ken’s K/D. Took himself WAAAAAY too seriously. Big Tom had sense enough to laugh at himself occasionally. Clay, on the other hand, suffers from a healthy Napoleon complex. Thank God he didn’t win.

13. Stephanie – Like Jeff said last night, if the girl from the audition tape showed up, she’d be much higher on this list. Sleeping in the rain, not getting along with the Hutsleepers, and making Dood your best friend were not recipes for success. Oh, and going the Gabe route with the “I was there for the experience” crap didn’t help matters. At least Gabe had the experience, she was just miserable.

14. Robb – Redemption or not, Dood was the most annoying Survivor ever. Choking Clay, flipping off Jeff, “Look at my hands!”, and the surfer speak were a little much. I’m glad he got something out of it, though. I was just glad to see him off my TV screen.

15. Penny – Me, me, me. Everything had to be about Penny. Even her jury question was all about her. I now have a #2 worst way to determine your jury vote behind the “pick a number” method…”who got to know ME better”. PLEASE. This isn’t Cheerleader camp, Pen. Oh, and way to have absolutely NO strategy there at the end other than throw your only friend under the bus. You sure made Jake look like the better person…not that we didn’t already know that.

16. Ghandia – What can be said that hasn’t been said already? Worst. Survivor. Ever. The bar is now so low, I shudder to think what miscreant MB could cast to slither under it.

Fester

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-02, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
I love to read everyone's final opinions on the survivors. Thanks for doing this, Erist.

1. Helen. She was smart & I liked her droll sense of humor. She seemed to understand the game well, stayed UTR as much as possible, and would have won if only she could have got Jan to think selfishly. Did well on most challenges.

2. Shii Ann. She was a smart, capable person who got shafted from the start by the little cheerleader. I wonder if Brian could have won had she been on his tribe? Loved all the verbal barbs in her confessionals.

3. Ted. Seems like a kind & decent guy, played well. I just liked him. Too bad he will be most remembered for his little 'episode' with G.

4. Erin. A caring person, did well in all the challenges. The boobs had her lower on my list at the start. Wish she hadn't been Penny's pet.

5. Tanya. What a sweetheart, too bad she got sick. And coughed throught the whole reunion show too. What was with that?

6. Robb. Alternately funny & annoying, he came of age on camera with his pre-boot epiphany. For that moment, I will always like him.

7. Jan. A sweet old lush. Funny & very smart, but not smart enought to go with Helen for the endgame. I just never got the cemetary for dead baby bat, chicken head & whatever - that's why she's so low here..

8. Jake. A nice decent guy.

9. Brian was very non-engaged emotionally throughout the game. It was just business, like he said. He probably is a very nice guy, but he wore his game face 24/7, so who can know?

10. Clay. Did not like the little weasel, and was thankful that I only understood about half of what he said. He did really well in the challenges.

11. Ken. Yeah, yeah - Mr. Honesty & Integrity. But this is a game where you advance mostly by artful back-stabbing. Don't belittle people for playing the game. Came off as a little too sanctimonious.

12. Stephanie. Hello? Wake up! Get out of the rain and play the game! Earth to Stephanie!

13. Jed. A darn fine looking guy, but something seemed 'off' about him. A view shared by his tribe.

14. Penny. Reminds me of a cheerleader I hated in high school. The thing with girls like her is that they do not hesitate to totally ostrazise another person (like Shii) yet still believe they are sweet & wonderful people. And for final 2, she based her vote totally on who knew her the best. Because everything is all about her, right?

15. John. Forgot that he was not the annointed leader of this flock & p.o.ed his entire tribe with his arrogant assumption that he was. Gave off serious control-freak vibes to me.

16. Ghandia. Pfffft.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-02, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-02 AT 09:37 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-20-02 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

upon further review, i've decided to put Brian and Clay ahead of Stephanie. being the final 2, they deserve at least spots in the top 10, and i really couldn't stand steph for most of the game

edit 2: ok, i'm back with some awards to give out! see below for details

Final Rank) Survivor (Preseason Rank)
-------------------------------------
1. Jake (2)
2. Helen (12)
3. Tanya (3)
4. Penny (8)
5. Jed (1)
6. Jan (11)
7. John (4)
8. Ted (7)
9. Brian (15)
10. Clay (9)
11. Stephanie (14)
12. Erin (5)
13. Ken (10)
14. Robb (16)
15. Shii Ann (6)
16. Ghandia (13)

Jake- only had 1 #1 all season long, but never fell below #4 on my list. just seemed like an all-around good guy

Helen- almost made her #1, but she was so totally snowed by Brian, and so falls just below Jake, despite her 6 #1s and 3 #2s

Tanya- too bad she was so sick, I didn't particularly care for most of the rest of the cast by the end of the show. only member of the top 6 not to have had a #1

Penny- claimed 2 #1s, and 4 #2s (although she would have fallen on had she survived one more week). I really don't think she was that bad, and although I'm disappointed she tried to snuff Jake, I respect her trying to stay in the game (although her decision was wrong and likely would not have mattered anyway)

Jed- never fell below #1 (that's 3 #1s if you count PS) while he was on the island, though he would have had a big drop had he not been booted when he was, just because he was playing stupidly. Still, I can't drop my fellow Bear too low.

Jan- sweet old lady and completely off her rocker. definitely entertaining, and she scored the last #1 of the season.

John- definitely deserved to stay ahead of Ghandia!!!!!!!!!!

Ted- stayed pretty constantly in the middle of the pack, and guess what, he's #8. seemed like a good guy, though a little bitter at the end - did he really call Clay a racist like someone said on the spoiler thread?!?!

Stephanie- the highest she got on my list was #11, but I was rooting for her her last episode over Robb and Shii Ann

Brian- falls back near the place he started, but not quite. I have to respect his game play, even if he makes me feel dirty just watching him

Clay- lost to Brian, so its only fitting that you finish below him in the poll. Don't like or hate him, sometimes he was funny, sometimes annoying

Erin- who?

Ken- very very bland. Never really did like him very much

--- the last 3 could have gone in any order really ---

Robb- matured at the end, so despite the fact that he never got out of the basement during the season, I'll give him the nod here

Shii Ann- ugh, I really couldn't stand her after the first couple weeks. I loved the non-merge and her demise. so totally deserved

Ghandia- yeah, so its a bit of a tired ranking. deserved to be the first gone. the whole grinding thing was obnoxious and deplorable. on the whole not much worse than Shii or Robb for me though

------------
And now for the prestigious BlowMe awards! I haven't given awards in the past, so these will be named after whichever Past Survivor I feel best personifies the award. In a couple occasions I will retroactively award a past survivor!

First award of the evening is the Dr. Carl Award, given to the contestant who was voted first off his tribe thanks to the stupidity of said tribe. This award could also be named the Kel Gleason award, but its not. (don't worry Kel fans, he has another award named for him)

And the BlowMe goes to...
Pastor John! Congratulations!

Next we have the Jerri Manthey Memorial Evil ##### Award, retroactively awarded, and renamed for Lindsey Richter. Also retroactively awarded to Rob Mariano. The reason for the award is self evident.

And the Lindsey goes to...
Shii Ann Huang! Its a half-hearted award, but I really couldn't stand her, and there just wasn't another evil ##### this season.

Next up is the Oh-my-heck-please-shut-up Award in honor of Neleh Dennis. This award has been grandfathered to Lindsey Richter and Kimmi Kapenburg. The award is given to the contestant who most makes me want to puncture my eardrums.

Robb Zbacnic! Show me your hands!!!

Now is the Zoe Zanidakis Award, given to the player I really liked but no one else could stand.

Penny Ramsey! go you!

And as a corollary to the Zoe is the Jeff Varner Memorial Award, given to the player everyone else liked, but I hated.

Shii Ann Huang!

Next, as a corollary to the Dr. Carl, is the Hunter Ellis Memorial We-was-screwed! Award, given to the player (regardless of boot order) who not only was booted too early, but also was booted wile holding the number 1 spot on my list (or possibly just a person I really liked)

And the BlowMe goes to....
Jed Hildebrand!

Next is the Nick Brown Award, for the player so boring and/or lazy that I couldn't bother finishing this sent

Its a tie! Congratulations to Erin Collins and Ken Stafford!

Next is the Mother Afreaka Award in honor of Linda whatshername, given to the player who wasn't quite right in the head, or was just weird and annoying. Retroactively awarded to Peter Harkey.

Jan Gentry! (although I actually liked Jan)

Next we have the Richard Hatch Award, given to the sneakiest, schemingest bastard on the island.

Brian Heidik! (I'm sure the suspense was killing you)

As a follow-up, we have the Rob Mariano, aka the mini-mr-hatch award, for the player who thinks they're sneaky but is about as subtle as a punch in the balls (ok, sorry, this is a family list). Co-awarded to John Carroll.

And the BlowMe goes to....
Shii Ann Huang! Wow, your third BlowMe, your mother must be proud!

Next is the Survivor Sweetheart Elisabeth Filarski Memorial Award, given to the gosh-darn cutest survivor out there. Retroactively awarded to Kim Powers.

Tanya Vance!

Next is the Kentucky Joe All-Around Good Guy award, given to the player who I just liked the best, period.

And the Blow Me goes to...
Jake Billingsly!

Next up is the Lex Van Den Berg Coulda Been a Contendor Award, retroactively given to John Carroll. This is given to the contest who had a legitimate shot to win, but listened to their GUT.

Helen Glover!

Next we have a few first time awards, named for the Survivors who are geting them.

The What's Your Dill, Pickle? Award is named for Stephanie Dill, and is given to the contestant too stubborn or dumb to come in out of the rain.

The "Whup my ass and put me to bed" Award is in honor of Clay Jordan, given to the player who might be funny but could need an attitude adjustment. Retroactively given to Sean Rector.

The "I thought you were my wife" Award, in honor of Ted Rogers Jr is given to the player who has the stupidest line, or the joke that just won't get old.

Ted is also the winner of the Kel Gleason Beef Jerky Award, given to the contestant falsely accused of something stupidly. I think its safe to say you-know-who ain't getting of your beef jerky!

Finally, the King or Queen of the Heap Award, shamlessly stolen from Sir, goes to either the survivor who SHOULD have won, OR spent the most weeks atop my list (or some combination thereof)

Helen Glover!

And that's our show for tonight, thanks for tuning in! What's that you say Ghandia? Everyone but you get an award? Here, you can have this one I found in the trash.

The Gabriel Cade WORST.SURVIVOR.EVER. Award. And sorry Ghandia, not even you could change the name on this one.

Some of these awards will be retired next season, and new ones may be created. I don't think I'll be handing 19 of the suckers out next season though

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-02, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
OK, cue the Green Day music, this one's gonna take a while. The number in parenthesis is their final position on the list whenever they got the boot, the second number is how many were still in the game their final week on the list)

1. Clay- One of my all-time favorite Survivors. He's like Archie Bunker. Was he a mysoginist? Yes. Was he racist? Possibly. But he never tried to hide either of those facts. Sure he lied and backstabbed his way to the top. But at the same time, he was probably the most honest Survivor ever. I enjoyed seeing how far the diamond in the rough went. Glad to see you put that weight back on, too. (1/4)
2. Helen- This year's Kathy, she was waaaaay down the list early, but jumped up quickly. Had she not been so trusting, she could have won this game. I still really question her final vote, but at least she tried not to let personal feeling influence her. Good job. (2/4)
3. Ted- Turned out to be smarter than we ever gave him credit for. Problem is he wised up a little too late. Took 10 years off his age when he shaved and bathed. Oh, and Ted, never ever drink again. (3/5)
4. Shii Ann- My highest-ranked non jury member. Another person who really could have gone far if she hadn't trusted the wrong person at the wrong time. (4/10)
5. Brian- Who would've ever thought a porn star would win this thing? Probably no one. But is anyone really suprised that a used car salesman was able to manipulate the game like this? (4/4)
6. Robb- What? The guy who in his first week was actually ranked below the person who was booted? The guy who I predicted would be a cellar-dweller all season? At 6? I know, I can't explain it either, but the goof kinda grew on me. (8/11)
7. Ken- Of the SJ 4, he stood out. If only he had a better sense of direction. (6/8)
8. Jan- She just got on my nerves all season, not to mention how quickly she wasted away. She just looked creepy by the end. But I can't put a final 3 lower than this. She earned respect at least by not going the way of other old ladies on this show. (3/4)
9. Jake- At one point he hit #1. But he got all weepy and stuff and it just didn't work for me. Too bad, he had a lot of potential. (4/6)
10. Tanya- Not really through any fault of her own. I really liked her. But there's just not enough shown of her to make a decision. Except that damn upchuck shot they KEPT SHOWING! (5/15)
11. Erin- Oh, was she on the show? I keep forgetting. She may have had boobies, but she had nothing else. Very appropriate she ends up in the middle, since that's where I had her all along.(5/9)
12. Stephanie- If we'd gotten the Stephanie that was on her audition tape, she might've ranked higher. Oh well. (12/12)
13. Jed- Boring boring boring. Hermie the Dentist. Don't care enough to hate him or like him really. (12/14)
14. Penny- I got a bad vibe from her in the very beginning. The Me Monkey took over at the end too. Bleh. (7/7)
15. John- Probably could've actually done ok in this game, but came out of the gates too strong. It's like a footrace. Survivor is not a sprint, it's a marathon. You've gotta pace yourself. (15/16)
16. Ghandia- Ramen Noodle Hair is the nicest thing I can say about her. Still not the Worst. Survivor. Ever. though.(13/13)

Honorary #1 spot goes to Magilla. The wiping away the tear as Brian and Clay went to the final council was so cute.
Other Honorable Mentions: Jim (Helen's Husband/B!tch), Jenny (Jake's wife), Iwon (Ted's brother), Lisa (Clay's Wife), Jef (Jan's son)
Let us never speak of her again: CeCe

The Chamber of Secrets Has Been Opened. Enemies of the Heir... Beware!

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-20-02, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
1. Penny
2. Tanya
3. Erin
4. Jake
5. Ken
6. Robb
7. Jed
8. Stephanie
9. Brian
10.Jan
11.Ted
12.Clay
13.Helen
14.John
15.Ghandia
16.Shii DEVIL

The Reality Show Queens!!

BaQuAr13

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-20-02, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
(Final Ranking) Survivor (Pre-Season Ranking)

1.) Tanya (1)
2.) Helen (4)
3.) Jake (5)
4.) Jan (6)
5.) Ken (3)
6.) Erin (14)
7.) Jed (2)
8.) Shii Ann (7)
9.) John (13)
10.) Stephanie (10)
11.) Ted (11)
12.) Penny (12)
13.) Brian (16)
14.) Robb (15)
15.) Ghandia (9)
16.) Clay (8)

Biggest gainer: Erin, Biggest loser: Clay

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-20-02, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-02 AT 09:59 PM (EST)

Okay I was also AWOL on the Love List most of the season because I simply did not love, or even like, many on this cast.

1) Helen I did enjoy watching Helen. She was fiercly competitive, yet maintained her integrity throughout. She reminded me of Kathy at times. Plus I thought she had some of the funniest lines of S5. And beleive me there we're not many!

2) Tanya The sweetheart we didn't get to see. She seems so genuine. Had she avoided getting sick I think the outcome of this game may have changed. But she did get sick and suffered a personal tragedy as well. She was Thailand's Elisabeth.

3) Erin Ended up being my favorite Sookie. Last picked, but she obviously tried hard. She seems like a really sweet person. I don't think she was the bimbo Basher's made her out to be, nor do I think she was deserving of some of the cruel jokes. Sarah she was not.

4) Ted Ted had his moments. Sometimes hilariously funny, other times sullen and withdrawn. He dropped after the Ghandia incident, but slowly regained my respect. When he is not drinking I think he's a great guy. Brian knew he would lose if he faced Ted in the F2 which is why he cut him loose.

Those are the only 4 I genuinely liked.

5) Ken Funny I didn't like Ken much in the game. But in retrospect he was exactly the person he said he was. Not the most interesting character, but a decent human being.

6) Jan Provided some of the funnier moments of S5. She really didn't have a clue though. Had she stuck with Helen instead of Brian/Clay I would have moved her up. But she did not so 6 is as high as she can go. Definitely more likable than MamaKim.

7) Jake At times I really liked Jake, and at times I did think he was the snake. I thought his best moment was when his wife arrived for the challenges. That is the Jake I like! But I also thought he was a poor leader of Sookie. He simply made some bad decisions (getting rid of too many strong members early) and IMO tried to play two sides as much (or more) as Shii Ann and Penny did. However his merits keep him here.

Numbers 4-7 we're simply okay.

8) Brian After Jake I find little redeeming qualities in the remaining players on my list. Brian gets number #8 not because I liked him. Okay at one point I did! Brian gets number #8 simply because he really duped everyone. But I bet he's this way in real life too. And no I don't like deceptive, shady people. But he won, and the rest on this list are pretty bad also.

9) Stephanie Isolated herself too much and showed almost no personality. And she messed up a golden opportunity by not switching. And she's number #9 on my list!

10) Robb The Dood is number #10? This show really stunk! I guess I put Robb this high for enertainment value only. Okay he sorta redeemed himself the episode he got booted, but most years would be about #15 on my list.

11) Jed The male version of Stephanie. Awesome in challenges, but totally aloof and isolated. One positive. He was the hottest hottie Survivor has ever seen. He was gorgeous to look at! But his #11 ranking proves that I don't solely base my picks on looks alone!

12) John I absolutely hated this guy. He was abrasive, annoying and deserved to be the first boot, even with Ghandia on her tribe. But he gets this ranking simply because he only annoyed me one episode. See I told you S5 was bad!

13) Clay Oh normally Clay would rank dead last on my list. Clay was Big Tom in a tiny body. But like Big Tom, what you saw is what you got. He was an annoying, whiny little man. From the first episode to the last. Somehow I still rank him above three.

14) Shii Ann At times I really liked Shii Ann. And other times she really turned my stomach. Her attempt at switching sides didn't particularly bother me, but her confessionals and attitude did. She wanted to make herself out to be the poor, misunderstood minority. Oh she was treated horribly by Sookie. Yeah right. They booted three physically stronger members to keep her around. And she didn't seem to sympathetic about that. She thought she was clever, funny, but I found her annoying.

15) Ghandia Surprise, surprise! Wait I still have one more? Okay Ghandia was the most annoying Survivor ever. No contest. Not even close! I hated her the minute she opened her mouth. And she still annoys me. But somehow she escapes last place.

16) Penny Last place goes to our Kelly wannabe. Yes Penny! The rich, manipulative and annoying Texas cheerleader. A simple smirk, a seemingly innocent smile, hey anything and everything she did annoyed me. Perhaps I have known too many Penny's in my life. I don't like them, and I don't like her. Was I shocked she turned on Jake? No. Was I shocked she duped her friend Erin? No. Penny was the female version of Brian with about 1/100 of the brains. Then again she is pretty, wealthy and heartless so she should do very well in life. Congratulations Penny for being number 16 on the worst Survivor ever!

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-20-02, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
Oh well..this season was pretty disappointing..definitely not as good as Survivor 4..but the finale was pretty good I guess..alright the final rankings..

1.Shii Ann Huang!-love her to death..Shii-Devil Rules!
2.Jake-this guy just rocks..I don't know what to say..
3.Robb-very entertaining..and grew alot out there
4.Tanya-sweetheart this season..It sucks that she got booted so soon..another Jessie..
5.Helen-I really grew to like her..and great speech to Brian and Clay
6.Ken-he's okay..I respect the guy
7.Penny-turned out alright..got a bad rap..still cute
8.Ted-poor guy..a brother wins a car and he gets the boot..it's a curse I swear lol
9.Jan-sweet old lady..deserves props for making it so far
10.Erin-hot..and nice
11.Brian-okay winner..not as good as Rich,Tina,or VEE but better than Ethan
12.Stephanie-not wut I expected like the rest..
13.Jed-I had high hopes for him..booted too soon
14.John-didn't really get to know him obviously
15.Ghandia-agree with the rest..worst player ever
16.Clay-thank god he didn't win! I hate the this hobbit

molerific 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-20-02, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail molerific Click to send private message to molerific Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-02 AT 11:20 PM (EST)

1. Helen. She was just so real and witty...with a bit of an actress in her. It was tough to see her trust Brian. But it was fabulous to see her grill him at the final tribal counsel.

2. Shii Ann. She seemed normal, like she'd be fun to know in real life. She knew her team was doomed and scrappily tried to get people to play the game, to shake things up. I enjoyed when she was onscreen. Her dumbest move, however, was not failing to realize there was no merge, but was throwing the pyramid-building game just to vote out Jed. Dumb! But that was the whole team, not just her.

3. Ken. I liked him. He was great to Robb and a good guy. No, he didn't play well, but he was cool. His speech to Robb in the cave was awesome!

4. Stephanie. I liked her. (I'm not allowing her ridiculous audition tape to enter into this equation---but that showed a lot about what Survivor and Mark Burnett are looking for---what a disappointment.) She made wrong moves, but she seemed solid and interesting to watch IMHO. There was something strong and smart about her, inability to withstand the elements notwithstanding.

5. Jed. He didn't bug me at all. I still am not clear on why people despise him. I thought he appeared to be working hard. He was just a loner, that's all. But he was interesting to me, not cookie-cutter, like Tanya, Penny, and the other gen-x's. Then again I loved Greg on S1.

6. Robb. He was fun to watch. Shocking that he said and did some of what he said and did. The word "spoiled" comes to mind. But his epiphany was priceless.

7 and 8. Ted and Ghandia tie. He seemed genuinely nice and I enjoyed him, but man! Whatever he did in the middle of the night was not just a dream. It was icky and inappropriate. And that he didn't figure out Clay and Brian when Brian chose Clay for the elephant ride is sheer blindness. As for Ghandia, I didn't think she was awful, as others seem to think. She was colorful and certainly enjoyed the victim stuff, and I didn't like that she felt she could "cuddle" with Ted with no consequences. The two of them are on a par...one is no better or worse than the other. Well, maybe Ted is better by a nose or two.

9. Jann. She did drive me nuts ("Baby Boy!! Baby Boy!!") (her terrible posture when she ran), but she played fair. I do think, though, that she did not deserve third place. She rode coat tails. And why did she just give up?? I hated when Clay and Brian talked as though it was always a given they'd be the final two, and Jann seemed to noddingly agree.

10. Jake. He was kind of moldy...I didn't like when he tried to insinuate himself with Clay by talking about the babes on the island. He seems nice enough. But he played the game all wrong!!! Can you say "Desperate?"

11. Penny. She's just young and dumb. Not hate-able. She still has to learn about loyalty and team-work. She had spunk though. I like spunk.

12. Brian. Ugh. Ugh. Smarmy. You knew from day one he was no good, with his sexist comments and flirtation with the interviewer during confessionals. Gag. The conceitedness, the ego, the narcissism. (Hey, my turn with the mirror!)

13. John. Blah. Vanilla.

14. Tanya. Cute. Vanilla. Sloooooooow. Borrrrrrring. she could never be a Colleen.

15. Erin. I thought she was a two-faced weasel the way she talked about Shii Ann behind her back. I didn't like that quality. I also think she's hard to look at. I don't like her face and I found her implants obstructive. Shallow.

16. Clay. The way he laid around like a Buddha in a semi-circle pose on the cave floor with the other boys was so icky. He's a caveman. weak, dumb, opportunistic, wimpy. Whoever said that their vote was for the lesser of two evils could not have summed it up better.

It would be fun to average all our lists and come up with a final list...maybe I'll do that in a couple days after more folks have weighed in.

martini man 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-05-03, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail martini%20man Click to send private message to martini%20man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Fanatics Love List Vol 5.13"
Just two thoughts to add to this posting.

My only 2 people worth mentioning are
1) Helen. She rocked and IMHO provided the best quote of the series: (after a water run with Jan) "... if I had a gun I would've shot her first and me second, that's why I don't carry a gun." In the final TC she was towards her finest and given the options mind you, voting for Brian and the reasons she gave showed a bit of class.

2) Shii-Ann. She was ripped off. Let's face it, she was on as the token Asian. RE: her eating chicken hearts - it's not her fault her tribe were pig-ignorant and have never travelled outside the USA and had NO concept of "foreign cultures". To me, their reaction just showed how small minded they all were. Hell, if I was out there and I was hungry, yeah, I'd be eating everything.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •