The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"MSN Network news report on Survivor 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

heresy 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-03-01, 05:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heresy Click to send private message to heresy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"MSN Network news report on Survivor 3"
Hi all, just found the following at http://entertainment.msn.com/news/eonline/090101_survivor3.asp

================================================================
Assuming you're one of the few who've been hiding under a rock and haven't heard of this show called Survivor, then CBS has the special for you.
Milking the reality phenomenon for all its worth--and needing filler for Thursdays until Survivor: Africa premieres--CBS is preparing a new Survivor special that will preview the cast and challenges of Survivor: Africa and also explain how to play TV's most-watched game show.

While details are still sketchy on the "how-to-play-the-game" special, Survivor mastermind Mark Burnett apparently plans to analyze some of the more useful tactics that have helped tribesfolk from the first two Survivor installments outwit, outlast and outplay their competitors.

Want to know how not to fall in a fire? Or how to keep down those creepy crawlers? Survive a flash flood? Spear a ray? Stalk a piglet? Maybe there will be a few pointers from Richard Hatch on protecting your private parts while prancing around the jungle in the buff.

The big problem with the upcoming special is that, with the exception of prepping future contestants for the in-the-works Survivor 4 and the inevitable 5, 6 and 7, the people who really need advice on how to play the game have already played it.

Production on the third installment wrapped earlier this month, although info on the location and the cast have been well guarded.

The Survivor special is slated for broadcast on Thursday, October 4 at 8 p.m., while Survivor 3: Africa is set to debut in the same time slot one week later.

Which is precisely why CBS is bowing the spinoff special in the first place: hype. Aside from rehashing old clips compiled from the first two installments, Burnett and company plan to give viewers an advanced peek at Survivor 3: Africa's new cast and their safari location, Kenya's Shaba National Reserve.

The special also helps CBS fill three weeks worth of empty Thursday night time leading up to Survivor 3's premiere. The network has already plugged one hole with the season finale of Big Brother 2 set to air September 20, the first Thursday 8 p.m. slot of the season. The following Thursday, September 27, is still up for grabs (the net is considering airing an episode of C.S.I.).

But while CBS teaches viewers how to play the game, the pop-culture site Futurizmo.com is reporting that the rules for the new Survivor are going to be changing--big time.

The Website says the contestants are not going to merge into a single tribe midway through, as was previously done. Instead, at the time of the merge, the two tribes will be divvied up into three, making it more difficult to form alliances. The site also says Tribal Council will take place in a giant, man-made tree.

Earlier this month, on Surviiivor.com, a group calling itself the Ellipsiiis Brain Trust released what it said was a list of the new contestants. Among them, a 45-year-old dentist from Florida, a 27-year-old professional soccer player, an advertising exec from Oregon, a 56-year-old cattle farmer from Virginia and a 27-year-old former Miss Puerto Rico.

Per the custom with Survivor, CBS would neither confirm nor deny the rumors.

But, says CBS spokesman Chris Ender, "All of us are impressed by the lengths Survivor fans will go to try and get information."

Ender says CBS doesn't plan on revealing the identities of the Survivor 3 contestants until at least mid-September.

=============================================================

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: MSN Network news report on Surv... dabo 09-03-01 1
   RE: MSN Network news report on Surv... SurvivorBlows 09-03-01 2
       RE: MSN Network news report on Surv... dabo 09-04-01 3
   Duplication (plagarism???) heresy 09-04-01 4
       RE: Duplication (plagarism???) dabo 09-05-01 5
 RE: MSN Network news report on Surv... SurvivinDawg 09-05-01 6
   Speculation PepeLePew13 09-05-01 7
       RE: Speculation colbysincharge 09-10-01 8
           Confirmation. Krautboy 09-10-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-01, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: MSN Network news report on Survivor 3"
This is nearly (maybe entirely) word for word the same news report I read (but on yahoo) which lead me to suspect that the preview show may be another hoax courtesy of those boobs at futurizmo. See Preview Show. I've been to futurizmo now, it appears to be primarily a gaming site, but it would help if someone who is into gaming could go there and check things out. Also, while the top bar says there is are message boards there, you can't click to get to them. Futurizmo, in my opinion, is out to yank everyone's chains, be suspect of them.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-03-01, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: MSN Network news report on Survivor 3"

>yahoo) which lead me to
>suspect that the preview show
>may be another hoax courtesy
>of those boobs at futurizmo.

I'm not sure what you're saying here, but there is going to be a preview show -- that is not a hoax.

09-04-01, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: MSN Network news report on Survivor 3"
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-01 AT 02:02 PM (EST)

>I'm not sure what you're saying
>here, but there is going
>to be a preview show
>-- that is not a
>hoax.
>
Good, I hope that is correct.

I have read whatever I could find about this preview show and except that it was reported in Variety it has no cachet; there is nothing anywhere from CBS confirming (or, admittedly, denying) this rumor. In fact, from what I've been able to get from CBS, they are still listing the premiere of S3 for October 11.

Meanwhile, there is this futurizmo place which seems to be generating a slew of red herrings, and at a suggestion made in chat I went there to see what was there. Basically, it seems to be a gaming site that has recently branched out into Survivor, but there are any number of suspicious things about the place, notably that while the top bar indicates the existance of message boards there you actually cannot click on anything to get to any message boards. They also have a register where, if you provide them with your email, they will keep you apprised of the news they have. When it comes to Survivor their news consists of "parasites in the drinking water" (nonissue), the "up a tree" tribal council set, the "no merge new teams" scenario (which is unworkable within the dynamics of the game; ie. there is no point during the game where it is feasable to send less than three people to tc except in the final tc), and all their other Survivor news is raided from elsewhere. They also have a bunch of gaming news, but I have no ability to assess any of that stuff; but it appears to me that this may be a "serious" gaming site which has recently branched out into being a Survivor hoax site. They do have the preview show listed in their material, I also note that it was updated between when I first visited the site and now. I have to wonder.

In any event, CBS is keeping mum until at least mid-September about anything involving Survivor: Africa, and I would caution everyone to not take anything for granted until such time as CBS confirms it.

If anyone has read anything which confirms this preview episode, where CBS or some known spokesperson for CBS or Mark Burnett make such a confirmation, or seen anything on TV with video or audio of such a confirmation, that's all I want. I dearly do hope there will be this preview episode, honestly; but I have to ask for the proof. Variety can get away with reporting from anonymous sources, but with a suspect internet site purporting to be a source of Survivor news we all should be suspect of anything that might come up just now.

That is what I'm saying.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

heresy 94 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-01, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heresy Click to send private message to heresy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Duplication (plagarism???)"
Actually, during lunch today, I came across this same article both on yahoo and a couple others which were very close.

As in, if we both turned these in as papers in college, we'd flunk the class for plagarism.

The same data, with the same references to the same places. A few words different here and there, but altogether the 4 articles I saw were the same.

I wish I had saved the URLs.

09-05-01, 00:51 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Duplication (plagarism???)"
I was actually very glad to see this piece, heresy, since I couldn't get the link right to the yahoo piece (I mean, I even emailed myself a copy and have yet to have it show up; yahoo is notorious for having odd little problems turn up). The amount of duplication on the net wouldn't be half so frustrating if all these people would simply learn (as some do) to properly list their source when the story is a pick-up from somewhere else.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-01, 06:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: MSN Network news report on Survivor 3"
>But while CBS teaches viewers how
>to play the game, the
>pop-culture site Futurizmo.com is reporting
>that the rules for the
>new Survivor are going to
>be changing--big time.
>The Website says the contestants are not going to merge into
>a single tribe midway through, as was previously done. Instead,
>at the time of the merge, the two tribes will
>be divvied up into three, making it more difficult to
>form alliances. The site also says Tribal Council will take
>place in a giant, man-made tree.

With Jeff Varner talking about this on Big Brother 2 (see my earlier post somewhere in this section), either Burnett is going waaaayyy out of his way to create a red herring OR he's advertising this rule change for our interest. I'm beginning to think that this is pretty much for real in an attempt to solve the issues of boredom in the middlegame (a little chess lingo, there).

Yes, those snowballs on the Hades floor are indeed because this Dawg actually found a spoiler.

>*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-01, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Speculation"
>the "no merge new teams" scenario (which is unworkable
>within the dynamics of the game; ie. there is no point
>during the game where it is feasable to send less than
>three people to tc except in the final tc)

>either Burnett is going waaaayyy out of his
>way to create a red herring OR he's advertising this
>rule change for our interest. I'm beginning to think
>that this is pretty much for real in an attempt
>to solve the issues of boredom in the middlegame (a
>little chess lingo, there).

I, too, am quite skeptical of anything that comes from Futurizmo.com ... but what if there IS a rule change when it comes to the merger? How would it work? Can we conclusively rule out a split of the two tribes into three smaller ones during the merge week? I'd like to hear if anyone have some theories or debunking of possible ways a merge can or cannot happen.

I'm having trouble visualizing how a split into 3 tribes of 3 people can work. There's the question of how to fairly slot the 9 people evenly into three groups without making one group significantly stronger than the others. The only way to make it fair for the final four is to have one person from each tribe plus a fourth make up the final four for the last ep., but how can the immunity challenges work if some tribes will have 1 or 2 members and others have 2 or 3 members...

In all likelihood, there won't be a rule change with regards to the merge ... but, what if?

"Permit me to introduce myself. I am Pepe Le Pew, your lover."

colbysincharge 71 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-01, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail colbysincharge Click to send private message to colbysincharge Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Speculation"
It appears that I had addressed this in the wrong thread.

What if there are three tribes to start with and merge into one?

Calling for 18 contestants, 3 tribes of 6, merge at 10 and hopefully MB gets a 4, 3, 3 mix of tribes to create some excitement at the merger? Therefore, hard to make a tribe alliance and you would be forced to recriut another tribe and bring politics into the show.

Unless it is has been verified that there are only 16, and not two more contestants out there?

The season could easily be extended two weeks.

If MB doesn't do this I recommend he would.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-10-01, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Confirmation."
The CBS Survivor 3 website is up and appears to confirm 16 contestants and 2 tribes.

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •