The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is this a joke???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-29-01, 04:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is this a joke???"
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,33054,00.html

"the site of the Tribal Council is a gigantic man-made tree constructed in the middle of a barren plain.

The tree has "spiraling staircases leading up to a wooden platform," where contestants will meet each week to decide who among will be voted off the show, according to Futurizmo.com, a Web site that has been accurate in the past in digging up inside information about the hit series."

...I've been following this show since they first released the first press releases looking for folkst o be in S1, and I'd never heard of "Futurizmo" until they listed themselves in our resource directory a few weeks ago. What past history?

"To vote, the contestants must climb up a branch through thick leaves to the edge of a long branch. "When voted out, they would cross a rope bridge to a treehouse on another tree," the site reports. "

"...a major change in the structure of the game. In the past, tribes have merged into a single unit at the halfway point — when the two tribes are whittled down to eight players. In the new scenario, Futurizmo.com reports, instead of a merger after eight weeks, the last remaining players will be split again — into three tribes, each with an even number of contestants. That way, the ability of Survivor contestants to align themselves with and against each other will be severely limited. There are even reports that spies will be used in Survivor 3 — players who eavesdrop on one team and reveal what they learn to the other tribe. "

Some of the mainstream media is just so irresponsible... one site -- a site that, as far as I know, no one has heard of before and has no track record to speak of -- lists something as a RUMOR, a RUMOR, not even a fact they are confident in -- and the paper (granted it is the NY Post) just runs with it...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is this a joke??? moonbaby 08-29-01 1
 Probably yes AyatollahKhomeini 08-29-01 2
   RE: Probably yes soulSurvivor_23 08-29-01 3
       Welcome AyatollahKhomeini 08-30-01 4
       RE: Probably yes SurvivorBlows 08-30-01 7
 RE: Is this a joke??? dabo 08-30-01 5
   RE: Is this a joke??? SurvivorBlows 08-30-01 8
 RE: this just looks silly mavsfan 08-30-01 6
   RE: this just looks silly soulSurvivor_23 08-30-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-01, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is this a joke???"
I got the same impression, SB. Made me think of Ewoks. Could be the Burnett disinformation machine at work. Also didn't see any kind of tree to tree bridge in the satellite pics. Those pics and the analysis are awesome, btw.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-29-01, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Probably yes"
After talking to people from other sites, no one knows anything about the Futurizmo site. Everyone thinks it's a hoax, perhaps to see how desperate people are for Survivor news.

soulSurvivor_23 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-29-01, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail soulSurvivor_23 Click to send private message to soulSurvivor_23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Probably yes"
Maybe it's just my annoying lack of common sense, but if the gigantic man-made tree is in the middle of a barren plain, then, there is no other tree which contains a treehouse which the contestants go to after they are voted out. Of course, it could be an insanely long rope bridge to another tree somewhere, but might be unstable to walk on if it is made a long way up from the ground.
So, as a completely unknown poster with a DAW level still hovering at 'Got Milk Spokesperson', I second the Ayatollah in that the Futurizmo site, if it exists, is completely screwed up in this depressing attempt at spoilers.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-30-01, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Welcome"
Nice to have you with us, soulSurvivor_23. I like your analysis regarding the tree and the treehouse. Hope you bring some more good logic to the boards over the next few months!

08-30-01, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Probably yes"
> Maybe it's just
>my annoying lack of common
>sense, but if the gigantic
>man-made tree is in the
>middle of a barren plain,
>then, there is no other
>tree which contains a treehouse
>which the contestants go to
>after they are voted out.

Soul, I had the same thought last night when I posted the above -- particularly after seeing the satellite photos of next to no trees in the area (unless the TC is right next to the little forest shown on the maps) -- but was too tired to do little more than post the above nonsense. I guess my bigger issue is with the media sources out there that would take some a obviously suspicious story and blindly run with it.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-01, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is this a joke???"
>The tree has "spiraling staircases leading
>up to a wooden platform,"
>where contestants will meet each
>week to decide who among
>will be voted off the
>show, according to Futurizmo.com, a
>Web site that has been
>accurate in the past in
>digging up inside information about
>the hit series."

Obviously, this is absurd: Where would they put the fire and the torches?
>
>"To vote, the contestants must climb
>up a branch through thick
>leaves to the edge of
>a long branch. "When voted
>out, they would cross a
>rope bridge to a treehouse
>on another tree," the site
>reports.
"
And just where would the camera be for them to show their votes and compete in the "show mine not the others" speechifying?
>
>"...a major change in the structure
>of the game. In the
>past, tribes have merged into
>a single unit at the
>halfway point — when the
>two tribes are whittled down
>to eight players.
>In the new scenario, Futurizmo.com
>reports, instead of a merger
>after eight weeks, the last
>remaining players will be split
>again — into three tribes,
>each with an even number
>of contestants. That way,
>the ability of Survivor contestants
>to align themselves with and
>against each other will be
>severely limited. There are
>even reports that spies will
>be used in Survivor 3
>— players who eavesdrop on
>one team and reveal what
>they learn to the other
>tribe. "

Merge is seventh not eighth week; dividing remaining players into new teams is an interesting idea but it just wouldn't work with the structure of the game, and MB was so anti the teams be able to find out very much about one another that in S2 he made certain to keep them far apart except during challenges, because he didn't like that the teams knew so much about each other before the merge in S1.
>
>Some of the mainstream media is
>just so irresponsible... one site
>-- a site that, as
>far as I know, no
>one has heard of before
>and has no track record
>to speak of -- lists
>something as a RUMOR, a
>RUMOR, not even a fact
>they are confident in --
>and the paper (granted it
>is the NY Post) just
>runs with it...
I totally agree.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

08-30-01, 01:41 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Is this a joke???"
>Obviously, this is absurd: Where would
>they put the fire and
>the torches?

LOL -- dabo, I never even thought about this. I can picture it now -- a clumsy Survivor accidently lights fire to the tree and burns it down in Week 4.

>>Some of the mainstream media is
>>just so irresponsible... one site
>>-- a site that, as
>>far as I know, no
>>one has heard of before
>>and has no track record
>>to speak of -- lists
>>something as a RUMOR, a
>>RUMOR, not even a fact
>>they are confident in --
>>and the paper (granted it
>>is the NY Post) just
>>runs with it...
>I totally agree.

Unfortunately some folks out there are going to read this junk in the paper, realize how absurd it is, and then paint all the online sites with the same brush -- namely that we're a bunch a wackos. ...toward that end, all articles like this do accomplish is to make us ALL look bad in the eyes of the general public.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-30-01, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: this just looks silly"
<< To vote, the contestants must climb up a branch through thick << leaves to the edge of a long branch.

Really? At night, in the dark? MB might enjoying seeing his contestants double crossing each other, but I think there is ZERO chance he's going to run the risk one of his half starved contestants falling out of a tree and killing themselves. (Skupin aside).

<< In the past, tribes have merged into a single unit at the << halfway point - when the two tribes are whittled down to eight << players.

I guess I've been watching a different SURVIVOR. The SURVIVOR I watched had them merge at TEN players.

<< In the new scenario...instead of a merger after eight weeks, << the last remaining players will be split again - into three << tribes, each with an even number of contestants.

Not only would they have to be split into 3 tribes of equal strength, but the 3 tribes would have to be equally balanced between the original team A and team B. The only combintion I think that really works is three teams of 4 ie.

AABB, AABB, AABB. - fair (but difficult to assure)
ABB, AAB, AAB. - unfair, the lone A matched with BB would have a real complaint against Mark B that they were set up to lose.

The only thing that might make even a little sense is letting 2 or 3 or 4 players from the two teams spend time together away from the main camps so that they could form "secret cross tribal alliances". And I'm in no way saying I believe this will happen either.

I've got to think this is either a joke, or some University trying to measure how fast an obviously false internet story spreads to main stream belief.

soulSurvivor_23 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-30-01, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail soulSurvivor_23 Click to send private message to soulSurvivor_23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: this just looks silly"
Hi, now that we've all determined that this new information is a slanderous pile of crap, I just wanted to thank everyone who welcomed me to the board and thank God I wasn't greeted by a certain clown (I'm terrified of clowns anyway). So, yeah, I'll try and contribute to the board as much as possible. Sleeeve and I started at the same time and look how far he got. So, thanks again.
---Soul---

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •