The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Games Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-18-06, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 01-18-06 AT 08:27 PM (EST)

Survivor 12 - Exile Island Office Pool

Come one, come all -- it's time to sign up for the Survivor 12 – Exile Island Office Pool! After my first season as your Office Pool Hostess, I have learned a lot and will continue to keep this game as simple and easy as possible, but mostly, more like the Office Pool! Although I will stay true to last year’s format, I have also planned on adding a few of my own little twists along the way. So be prepared!

So come on in friends, gather round the Office water cooler, and let me explain how the Office Pool is played.

The Rules:

1. Every week in the entry thread you must put a survivor's name in your subject line. If you do not get an entry in before 12 NOON EST the day of the show, you will be penalized -50 points and will be assigned (at random) a survivor from the remaining survivors by the Host. If 16 are playing the game, than every survivor can be picked only once during a week. If 32 are playing than each survivor may be picked twice during the week.

2. You may NOT pick the same survivor two weeks in a row. Ever. Under any circumstances.

3. Scoring: You will get points if your survivor wins a team or individual Immunity; wins a team or individual Reward; is selected by the Reward winner to share in the reward; finds a hidden Immunity Idol; delivers an elimination vote; and for every confessional your survivor has. You will receive an additional bonus if you correctly guess the number of confessionals your Survivor has each week. This bonus shall be called the “Hit the Nail on the Head Bonus.” When counting confessionals, the Hostess counts each time the survivor is shown talking directly to the camera (with or without their name shown). You will also have the opportunity to win or lose Bonus points throughout the season. You will lose points if your survivor gets votes without being eliminated, has no confessionals or is exiled to Exile Island. You will also get negative points for NOT putting your Survivor’s name in the Subject Line of your post. Please note, the Hostess is prone to use hidden clues for random additional bonuses, so it is imperative that players be on their toes at all times.

4. If your survivor gets voted out, you are eliminated from the game. Always. There will be no Immunity.

5. This year, to keep everyone on their toes and to let everyone have an equal chance of winning, I will post the entry threads at random times sometime before 12 noon on the Tuesday before each new episode. The picking will be in a musical chairs-type fashion – first come, first pick and so on. ALL PICKS MUST BE MADE BY 12 NOON EST ON THE DAY THE SHOW AIRS. If you must be out of town for some reason and cannot make your pick, please pm me in advance with your top three pick choices and I will make your pick for you.

6. Points and Leaderboards will be explained and posted each week by yours truly in a prompt manner.

7. This game can only be played in numbers of 16. However, learning from experience, I will accept up to two alternates. If, for whatever reason, a player goes awol, then I will contact an alternate to enter the game at that time. Alternates cannot play unless they are invited to do so by the Hostess. I repeat, All players must pick their Survivor by 12 noon on the day the show airs. The first 16/32 players to sign up will play the game.

8. Occasional discrepancies or oversights in scoring are few and far between, but sometimes can occur. If you have a concern or question about your score, kindly PM the Hostess. You will find me very open and agreeable.

These are the rules. Welcome and Jump In!

List of official Survivors to Choose from each week:

Dan Barry
Aras Baskauskas
Austin Carty
Terry Dietz
Danielle DiLorenzo
Cirie Fields
Misty Giles
Melinda Hyder
Bruce Kanegai
Courtney Marit
Bobby Mason
Ruth Marie Milliman
Shane Powers
Tina Scheer
Sally Schumann
Nick Stanbury

Lastly, I would like to once again formally thank my good friend Tribephyl for the spectacular graphics for this game! They couldn't be better! Thank you, my talented friend and Game Host Mentor!!

And in The Office Pool Creator OhmyHeck's words ... "Why is it official? Because I said so." In the spirit of the game, I will do my best as Hostess to make this fun and fair! Let the Office Pool begin!

First 16/32 people to sign up in this thread are in the game. First come first serve. Please note this is NOT an entry thread, just a sign-up thread!

The Tribe has spoken!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread Wallflower66 01-18-06 1
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread Flowerpower 01-18-06 2
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread Das Mole 01-18-06 3
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread kircon 01-18-06 4
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread adricharlie 01-18-06 5
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread DearAbby 01-18-06 6
 I'm in!!! vince3 01-18-06 7
 Sign me up tribephyl 01-18-06 8
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread malb730 01-19-06 9
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread byoffer 01-19-06 10
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread bystander 01-19-06 11
 #12?? CattyChat 01-19-06 12
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread survivor_21 01-19-06 13
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread Scarlett O Hara 01-19-06 14
   RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread dreamerbeliever 01-19-06 24
 The Players ... Scarlett O Hara 01-19-06 15
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread svk 01-19-06 16
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread Road Kill 01-19-06 17
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread taffnic 01-19-06 18
   RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread Vandeley 01-19-06 21
 Well I hope.... emydi 01-19-06 19
   RE: Well I hope.... agressionx 01-19-06 20
 WE HAVE ROOM FOR 12 MORE Scarlett O Hara 01-19-06 22
   Count me in smokedog 01-19-06 25
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread MJewel 01-19-06 23
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread xwraith27 01-20-06 26
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread coolbluepig 01-20-06 27
 Pick me! Pick me! Kermit the Vixen 01-20-06 28
   HAVE ROOM FOR 9 MORE PLAYERS! Scarlett O Hara 01-20-06 30
       Your wish is my command Kermit the Vixen 01-20-06 31
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread alwaysintruble1 01-20-06 29
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread Scarlett O Hara 01-21-06 32
   Don't forget me smokedog 01-21-06 33
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread mckelviej 01-21-06 34
 Sign me up! Mo0 01-23-06 35
   RE: Sign me up! tribephyl 01-24-06 36
 Here Angelfood 01-24-06 37
 Me too, please Lolly 01-25-06 38
   Welcome Ladies! Scarlett O Hara 01-25-06 39
 RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread kingfish 02-01-06 40
   Psst...good news tribephyl 02-02-06 41
       RE: Psst...good news Scarlett O Hara 02-02-06 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-18-06, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
Please sign me up! I haven't played before, but am looking forward to it!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-18-06, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
Of course I'm in! Got to defend the only game I ever won!

....and I'm looking forward to it!

Office Pool Winner:

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-18-06, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
I'll play

- - - - - - -
DAS's Pre-Show Ranks

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
I love this game. Sign me up. I will keep my eyes open and try not to get blindsided this time. Let's swim.

adricharlie 1340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-18-06, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail adricharlie Click to send private message to adricharlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
I would like to play please!!!

DearAbby 3008 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
You better believe I'm jumping in! I had loads of fun last time. Thanks for hosting again, Scar.

Deer Abbey sig courtesy of tribephyl 2005

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I'm in!!!"
CANNONBALL!!!

A gift from Cygnus!

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Sign me up"
Can't wait Scarlett.

malb730 123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-19-06, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail malb730 Click to send private message to malb730 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
i'm in... wasn't able to play last season so im looking forward to it

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
sign me up... for another ticket to Loser Lodge!

Thanks Scar

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-19-06, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
Phew, I'm in please. Had problems loggin in this am and thought I'd miss this! Thanks Scarlett!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "#12??"
Ooh, count me in, please. Sounds like a game I might have a chance at.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

survivor_21 506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-19-06, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivor_21 Click to send private message to survivor_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
Sign me up! This sounds like its going to be good! Not that I'm any good at figuring things out. In my own office pools I've been the first bootee 3 of the 4 times we've done it!

Oh well, try, try again!

01-19-06, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
Signing up dreamerbeliever. He pm-ed me wanting in and I have had trouble logging in this am, so I am going forward with signing dreamerbeliever up for the Office Pool.

Scarlett

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
*smoosharoo* Scar, thanks darlin! I must say that I love your thong bikini this season! Might have to fake a drowning so you can come save me

01-19-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
15. "The Players ..."
Welcome one and all! So far I see returning players and a few newbies. So far, here are the Official Players. We still have room for two more OR 18 more + two alternates.

1. Wallflower66
2. Flowerpower
3. Das Mole
4. kircon
5. adricharlie
6. DearAbby
7. vince3
8. tribephyl
9. malb730
10. byoffer
11. Bystander
12. Cattychat
13. Survivor_21
14. dreamerbeliever

Scarlett

svk 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-19-06, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail svk Click to send private message to svk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
If you still have room I'll play.

Road Kill 1101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-19-06, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Road%20Kill Click to send private message to Road%20Kill Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
Please sign me up.

Thanks

taffnic 5392 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
I would like to join in.

Vandeley 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-19-06, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Vandeley Click to send private message to Vandeley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
If you are extending to 32 players, I would like to join. Thanks.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Well I hope...."
some more people sign up for a total of 32

Put me on the list...Or better yet, somebody should just drop out for me....

or there will be consequences

agressionx 1136 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agressionx Click to send private message to agressionx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Well I hope...."
dang looks like i'm gonna be missing out on the office pool game again...

I would like to go ahead and sign up for the next season please..lol

01-19-06, 03:58 PM (EST)
22. "WE HAVE ROOM FOR 12 MORE"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-06 AT 06:25 PM (EST)

....PLAYERS! We have 20 23 and I'll take 10 9 more! Come on in guys, its fast and easy -- no extra homework is necessary!

Scarlett

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-19-06, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Count me in"
I missed last season, would love to get back into the pool for a nice little swim.

MJewel 1951 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MJewel Click to send private message to MJewel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
I would like to play also if there is still room .

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-06, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
Same here! Count me in, please. Thanks!

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-20-06, 06:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
would like to join
Co0L 3luE P1g: OINK OINK...

Kermit the Vixen 1639 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-20-06, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kermit%20the%20Vixen Click to send private message to Kermit%20the%20Vixen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Pick me! Pick me!"
Can I play??

- Vix

Holiday Siggie courtesy of TribeElf.

01-20-06, 06:29 PM (EST)
30. "HAVE ROOM FOR 9 MORE PLAYERS!"
Of course you can play, Kermit!! But you'll have to show us some more of those African pix, Vix!

We have room for just nine more players!

Kermit the Vixen 1639 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-20-06, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kermit%20the%20Vixen Click to send private message to Kermit%20the%20Vixen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Your wish is my command"
Umm... have you seen this one yet?

A breathtaking Acacia tree.

Holiday Siggie courtesy of TribeElf.

alwaysintruble1 2878 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-20-06, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alwaysintruble1 Click to send private message to alwaysintruble1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
I'm never around when it comes time to pick, but I'll play anyway.

Miss Scarlett, if you get more than the 32 needed to play, move me to the bottom of the list(aka an alternate). I don't want to take a spot from anyone who might have a chance at winning.

Why did the chicken cross the road? It was poultry in motion.

01-21-06, 07:10 AM (EST)
32. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 01-25-06 AT 01:36 PM (EST)

Here is the Official list of players so far:

1. Wallflower66
2. Flowerpower
3. Das Mole
4. kircon
5. adricharlie
6. DearAbby
7. vince3
8. tribephyl
9. malb730
10. byoffer
11. Bystander
12. Cattychat
13. Survivor_21
14. dreamerbeliever
15. svk
16. Roadkill
17. taffnic
18. Vandeley
19. emydi
20. agressionx
21. smokedog
22. M.Jewel
23. xwraith27
24. coolbluepig
25. Kermit the Vixen
26. alwaysintruble1
27. mckelviej
28. moo
29. Angelfood
30. Lolly

And we only have room for 2 more max! Everyone, stay tuned for the first Office Pool Entry Thread which will be posted sometime before 12 noon on Tuesday, January 31.

Vix ... and a lovely tree it is! Thanks for the Heads Up smokedog!! Sorry about that!

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Don't forget me"
I signed up in post 25

mckelviej 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-21-06, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mckelviej Click to send private message to mckelviej Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
I'd like to join if it's not too late.

Mo0 427 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-23-06, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mo0 Click to send private message to Mo0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Sign me up!"
Hopefully I won't lose every game in the span of a week and then disappear like last season!

-Mo0cow--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.

01-24-06, 05:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Sign me up!"
Yeah, no more disappearing "...like last season".

By the way, where did you go?
And how do we stop that from happening again?

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-24-06, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Here"
I'm in. Haven't I done this before?

Lolly 721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-25-06, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lolly Click to send private message to Lolly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "Me too, please"
I missed this the first time. This looks like fun. So if you still have room, sign me up.

01-25-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
39. "Welcome Ladies!"
... Jump on in!! The water's good!! Of course we have room for two lovely ladies such as yourselves!

In fact, we only have room for two more.

Stay tuned for the Office Pool Entry Thread ... it will be posted any time between now and next Tuesday! Good luck!

Scarlett

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-06, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: S12 Office Pool Sign-Up Thread"
Well, heck. Missed it by THAT much. Looks like you'll have a lively game with 32 players.

WOW, Survivor is on again - TOMORROW NIGHT!!. I need to keep up a little better.

Happy Valentines. Whenever that is.

Signed,
Lost in time.

02-02-06, 05:09 AM (EST)
41. "Psst...good news"
I think there's still only 30 people in the pool.
So there should be room for you kingfish.

The most recent tally for available survivors is here.

Of course, this is all without knowing what Scarlett will deem appropriate. So make sure to check-in in the entry thread and ask for sure.
But, I feel confident it'll be okay.

You have till Noon today to put your swimtrunks on and make your survivor choice.

02-02-06, 07:00 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Psst...good news"
... Here, here! And I fully agree with Tribe, Sugar!! Now git on over to the Pool and make your picks before I sic the Mistress on you!

Scarlett

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •