The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bootee Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bootee Thread"
Should Be: Well, there shouldn't be anyone going home. Why not take three people to the finals, especially if they are as good as these three are?

Will Be: Vonzell. Carrie's never been in danger of going all season, and it's not about to start now. If anything, I think Carrie is probably going to be the biggest beneficiary of Anthony leaving.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Vonzell brvnkrz 05-18-05 1
 RE: Bootee Thread samboohoo 05-18-05 2
   RE: Bootee Thread Flairmarq 05-18-05 4
 The Vonz PagongRatEater 05-18-05 3
 RE: Bootee Thread geg6 05-18-05 5
   RE: Bootee Thread Former CBSer 05-18-05 7
       Vonzell emydi 05-18-05 9
       RE: Bootee Thread geg6 05-18-05 15
   RE: Bootee Thread draeko17 05-18-05 17
   RE: Bootee Thread okaychatt 05-18-05 18
 RE: Bootee Thread Bebo 05-18-05 6
 Carrie Pensha26 05-18-05 8
 RE: Bootee Thread Harrison 05-18-05 10
 RE: Bootee Thread frisky 05-18-05 11
   RE: Bootee Thread Flairmarq 05-18-05 12
   RE: Bootee Thread Harrison 05-18-05 13
 RE: Bootee Thread true 05-18-05 14
   RE: Bootee Thread zazzy 05-18-05 20
 Vonzell lovwigglesworth 05-18-05 16
 Bo TeamJoisey 05-18-05 19
   RE: Bo ginger 05-18-05 22
   RE: Bo callalilly3000 05-18-05 23
 After Tonight........ okaychatt 05-18-05 21
   RE: After Tonight........ Harrison 05-18-05 26
 Vonzell's going home. seahorse 05-18-05 24
   RE: Vonzell's going home. miss_ganda 05-18-05 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Vonzell"
I agree. And based on Anthony going last week, obviously the voting is going by overall favorite and not weekly favorite. I think Vonzell did better than Carrie did this week but based on overall favorites it will be Vonzell going home tonight.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bootee Thread"
Vonzell. She was in the bottom last week, and should go this week. While she hasn't been that bad, I honestly believe this is where she should go.

Icey bounced my Dicey

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-18-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bootee Thread"
I think Baby V dropped the ball last night. Carrie, who has always been safe will be once again.

So long Baby V.

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "The Vonz"
Of three very strong competitors, she's the weakest and didn't have the kind of night she needed to stay for the finale.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bootee Thread"
Well, as far as I'm concerned, they should just end it right now. Both of the ladies were completely outclassed last night. I don't know how it could even be close (of course, there's no accounting for America's tastes--the popularity of Paris Hilton would be exhibit #1).

Bo - I was a bit nervous about the Elton song, but he amazed me with his version. With song number 2, I was completely flabbergasted. Has there ever been a performance on this show to match it? In a word...no. That is the best AI performance ever. I can't even find words for how good I thought that was. "Satisfaction?" Good, but what was Paula thinking picking this? Stupid song choice, but it wasn't his so I don't hold it against him. He did what was required with it.

Vonzell - Dionne Warwick she is not. Enough said about that. She does "Chain" in her sleep probably. Though the emotion in the song is angry, I think she just has such joy singing it that she can't hide how much fun she's having. And, though I'm no disco or Donna Summer fan, "Radio" was a terrific choice for her and she seemed to have so much fun doing it that I really liked it.

Carrie - Am I just prejudiced against her or was she a train wreck last night? Yes, she has natural singing talent. But she is not a natural performer and not always technically good. She hit the notes in "Crying" but I found myself wishing for Roy Orbison to be singing, not her. She did nothing unique with the song. And Air Supply? Could she pick a more horrible group? Or a more horrible song? And screech it more than she did? Ugh! And, as for Randy's choice...well, he gave her enough rope to hang herself. He gave her a chance to hit it out of the park with some country/pop that required showing a sense of fun. This girl doesn't know fun and I'm not sure she even knows how to feel like a woman.

Safe: Bo
Should go: Carrie
Will go: Vonzell, which is a total shame because I enjoy her a thousand times more than Carrie. She is much more of a total package.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Former CBSer 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-18-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Former%20CBSer Click to send private message to Former%20CBSer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bootee Thread"
GEG6: I note you are a Steeler Fan. Here in the Steel City we like Carrie. BO is so wooden and Paula just wants to bed him. Randy is a ##### and I am just ashamed of Simon. I think Vonzel will go tonight as well as her 'Pimp My Outfit' entourage. I bet you liked Bubby Brister!!! Sorry board but his comments just PMO.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Vonzell"
Um, that's 2 votes against Carrie in Steel City Hi GEGGY!!!

I do think that Carrie did better than V last nite, but not by much.

Geggy, I agree with you on your assessment my order of songs:

1. Bo 2 -JUST AMAZING
2. Bo 1--Love this song and he did it great!!
3/4. Vonz 3 Carri3 --tie on this both good songs for them
5. Bo 3--agree, bad choice ditzy Paula but he did fine
6. Carrie 1--Better than the Air Supply
7. Carrie 2--why she didn't pick a country song???
8. Vonzell 2-I agree with Clive more soul..if you want fun, pick a fun song
9. Vonzell 1--Agree, Dionne she ain't and again Clive was right on about her stupid smiley attitude during the song...

Should go--V
Will Go-V

Should win: Bo (you're right geggy, pack it up tonite, Bo wins it)
Will win: Bo

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Bootee Thread"
Maybe in your part of the Steel City (wherever that may be), but in my neck of the woods and apparently in Emy and Glow's, too, it is Bo country. Guess you're outnumbered.

I'm such a slut for the blues.
Bo wooden? Compared to Carrie? Not on the show I've been watching.

draeko17 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-18-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail draeko17 Click to send private message to draeko17 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Bootee Thread"
geg6, I agree with everythng you said. Bo should be safe, although I worry that people will assume that and vote for others. It has happened before. I find Carrie very boring although she rocked her first song last week. Vonzel has been a favorite of mine for many weeks but I do expect she will be leaving the show tonight.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-18-05, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Bootee Thread"
<train wreck last night

She could not handle the opening notes of "Crying" - too low for her.

She was unnerved by Bo's performance.

She was the weakest, hitting a couple of sour notes.

Nice kid, good singer, powerful singer, technically ok. Lackluster performer - she still seems overwhelmed at being on stage, in the lights. She's just not in my dawg pound.

Carrie should go. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but with not much hope.)

Bo won the competition last night - Clive Davis practically promised him a contract whether he wins or not.

Go BO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bootee Thread"
Should Be: Not Bo
Will Be: Unfortunately, I think Vonzell, but as long as it's Not Bo, it's OK with me.

I'd just like it to be Carrie so that there's no uprising from her fans next week that leads her to the title she doesn't deserve.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-18-05, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Carrie"
It is Carrie's time to go to the stiffs.

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-18-05, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Bootee Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-05 AT 01:20 PM (EST)

Well, it's really going to come down to which genre is best represented in the votes. There doesn't seem to be a head-to-head clash of "rockers" or "R&Bers" etc. which would probably make for a better/truer contest of skill.

That said, if it does come down to talent, I guess I'd predict a Bo v. Carrie final with Vonzerelli hitting the bricks.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Bootee Thread"
As good as Bo is, I really don't want him to win this. Bo is too good for the cheesy "American Idol" label.

The world is my litterbox.

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-18-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Bootee Thread"
I am surprised people thought that Baby V did better than carrie last night. I thought Carrie was creative and gave emotion to her songs, vs. Vonzell being nervious and shaky at points last night.

What I like about Carrie and Bo is that they take other genres of songs and make them rock and country respectively. Vonzell always pics r & b songs.

It would be more interesting next week if its Bo vs. Carrie, because they can take the same r & b song (more than likely this will be one of three last songs they sing in the finals) and make a rock version and a country version.

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

05-18-05, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Bootee Thread"
This is an interesting point, Frisky.
I think each of these contestants had to choose between the perception of credibility and stardom when they joined into this competition. A classic compromise made by those who hope to "make it".
I've watched Bo claim to be indifferent when he asked what he'd do if he was booted. I didn't buy it at the time. Bo (like everyone else) has chosen to go after this particular brass ring. I think he would need to deal with both sides of the coin he's after here.

I just don't think you can be Jim Morrison while wearing Clay Aiken's shoes.

And that's the thing I think Bo is truly indifferent about. If he wants this bad enough to sleep on the floor of a gymnasium with his mother, he can't object to any cheesy labels which stick to him should he get it.

He's fighting hard to wear that label.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Bootee Thread"
It'll probably be Vonzell, but it should be Carrie.

Bo was great last night, even though I'm not sure how I liked his second song. I just don't know if it worked for me, I thought the beginning was kindof boring, but then I see all these raves, and figure I haven't a clue. I loved his first performance, and think it was his best since Whipping Post. However, he should never, ever attempt to do Mick Jagger again.

While I think Bo deserves to win, (with Vonzell a close second) I'm thinking it would be better for him, career wise, not to win. I just don't think he fits the Idol mold, nor do I think he really wants to. He'd be much more free to be himself if he isn't tied to the title, and his fans would be so outraged, that I think he'd get even more support. Maybe I'm just nuts.

There will always be a market for the Carrie's of the world. I have no doubt, that she will find success, especially if she works on her actual performance skills.

Of the three, I think Vonzell needs it the most to be successful, but I fear that if she did somehow manage to win, the fans of the other two would be so outraged that it would end up hurting her in the long run as well.

After all this rambling, I guess I'm hoping for a Carrie win. I don't think the title of AI would hurt her as much as it would the other two, and lets face it, she is very mainstream, and that's what a show like Idol wants/needs in the winner. (see Kelly Clarkson)

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-18-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Bootee Thread"
Do you have Bo's second song on tape? Listen to it when you have a moment and think about the words he is saying. You really feel like he is in love as he sings it. "Sigh".

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-18-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Vonzell"
I will be very surprised if it is not Vonzell.
We have always known who the final two would be.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-18-05, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Bo "
He shouldn't leave, but it has clearly become The Bo Show.
That leads to:

Overconfident Bo fan base...
Nervous Vonzell fan base...
Unwavering RedState fan base for Carrie.

The stunning elimination of Bo.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Bo "
Wouldn't be a bit surprised. Thought the same thing myself. Really hope we're wrong.

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-18-05, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Bo "
I was thinking the same thing today. It sounds very logical. I hope this won't be the fact tonight. However, I think you just might be right.

Slice and Dice Shop 2004

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-18-05, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "After Tonight........"
........the question becomes, "Who win earn the bootee's votes?"

Since the polls indicate the bootee will be Vonzell, which of the two remaining, Carrie and Bo, will inherit V.'s votes - IF there is any inheriting to be had.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

05-18-05, 08:39 PM (EST)
26. "RE: After Tonight........"
MmHm, good question.
With the stark differences in style and genre, I wonder if fans of Vonzell would simply stop participating rather than go over to "the rocker" or "the country/westerner".

That's what I think makes this less a contest of skill and more an assessment of the nation's musical tastes at any given time.

(Of course, you'd need to be at least somewhat skilled to motivate fans of any genre to vote, I suppose)

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Vonzell's going home."

Handcrafted by RollDdice

miss_ganda 457 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-18-05, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miss_ganda Click to send private message to miss_ganda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Vonzell's going home."
Thank you, I like your crystal ball!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •