The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"And there it finally was."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-05, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"And there it finally was."
Peeps have been complaining all season that there have been no memorable performances from this season, no one who has just blown you away with a song you couldn't forget.

Well, no more complaining.

Thanks to Bo, we certainly can take that issue off the board. His risky, haunting and INCREDIBLE a capella performance last night probably won this competition for him. When I heard he was going to sing without the band, I was shocked and thought it was an awful idea. Honestly, I thought that the band wasn't getting it right and it was too late to change songs - but that was just insanely god. I don't know that we'll ever hear it on the radio (probably will), but it will certainly remain as one of the outstanding songs in the history of American Idol.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: And there it finally was. Pepito 05-18-05 1
 RE: And there it finally was. syren 05-18-05 2
   RE: And there it finally was. PagongRatEater 05-18-05 7
       RE: And there it finally was. samboohoo 05-18-05 11
           RE: And there it finally was. PagongRatEater 05-18-05 12
               RE: And there it finally was. Spidey 05-18-05 26
                   RE: And there it finally was. DontGetMeStarted 05-18-05 28
       RE: And there it finally was. syren 05-18-05 17
       RE: And there it finally was. seahorse 05-19-05 34
 RE: And there it finally was. geekboy 05-18-05 3
 RE: And there it finally was. Bebo 05-18-05 4
 RE: And there it finally was. zazzy 05-18-05 5
   RE: And there it finally was. dragonflies 05-18-05 6
   RE: And there it finally was. Bebo 05-18-05 8
       RE: And there it finally was. emydi 05-18-05 13
           RE: And there it finally was. PagongRatEater 05-18-05 14
       RE: And there it finally was. Pensha26 05-18-05 19
           RE: And there it finally was. LadyT 05-18-05 21
               RE: And there it finally was. Bebo 05-18-05 22
               RE: And there it finally was. tarmaq 05-18-05 25
                   RE: And there it finally was. nailbone 05-19-05 38
                   RE: And there it finally was. LadyT 05-19-05 43
                       RE: And there it finally was. tarmaq 05-20-05 44
 RE: And there it finally was. shanana banana 05-18-05 9
   RE: And there it finally was. Bebo 05-18-05 10
       RE: And there it finally was. shanana banana 05-18-05 16
   RE: And there it finally was. tamarama 05-18-05 24
 RE: And there it finally was. AMAI 05-18-05 15
 RE: And there it finally was. Ellehcar71 05-18-05 18
   RE: And there it finally was. okaychatt 05-18-05 20
 RE: And there it finally was. Captain_Savem 05-18-05 23
   RE: And there it finally was. BennyBoy 05-18-05 27
       RE: And there it finally was. zazzy 05-18-05 29
           Yup RE: And there it finally was. Roo 05-19-05 37
       RE: And there it finally was. TxMom 05-20-05 47
           Nope Bebo 05-20-05 48
 Question SherpaDave 05-18-05 30
   RE: Question zazzy 05-18-05 31
       RE: Question zazzy 05-18-05 32
           RE: Question zazzy 05-18-05 33
               RE: Question SherpaDave 05-19-05 35
                   RE: Question zazzy 05-19-05 36
                       RE: Question Glow 05-19-05 40
 RE: And there it finally was. Fox41 05-19-05 39
 RE: And there it finally was. okaychatt 05-19-05 41
   RE: And there it finally was. zazzy 05-19-05 42
 I don't know... Reeflex7 05-20-05 45
   RE: I don't know... okaychatt 05-20-05 46
 RE: And there it finally was. J Slice 05-21-05 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-18-05, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: And there it finally was."
Well said, PagongRatEater. I'm not even a Bo fan, and I loved it...

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: And there it finally was."
Exactly my feelings Pre. I thought it was amazing.

But I am a Bo fan, anyways.

05-18-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: And there it finally was."
I need to start coming to this forum more. It's a nice feeling to have people actually AGREE with me.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: And there it finally was."
I do -- most of the time.

Icey bounced my Dicey

05-18-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
12. "RE: And there it finally was."
And I *SMOOCH* you for it!

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: And there it finally was."
Hey, I pretty much always agree with you outside of that "OTher" forum.

Just like I do here.

That performance was fan-freakin-tabulous.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-18-05, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: And there it finally was."
hi.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: And there it finally was."
It is a nice feeling isn't it.

I agree with you, just in different ways, and for different reasons, on alot of things.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: And there it finally was."
I have agreed with you on occasion.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-18-05, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: And there it finally was."
I ditto everything PRE said, and i feel i should add that Bo had the most consistantly good night of multiple songs in AI history. He was three for three as Clive said. He did three distinctly different songs, and owned each one. Even the cliched "Satisfaction" was Bo-ified.

geekboy

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: And there it finally was."
I heard it on the radio this morning - one of our local stations plays and critiques the performances from the prior night. It sounded so damn good.

I thought Bo was talented, but he completely won me over last night. He took a challenging pick from Clive Davis and made it his own. He made a daring pick when given the choice of anything and mesmerized the audience. And he took a bleah song choice from Paula and made it fun. He showed versatility, vocal ability, and innovation as he made the girls look like they weren't in the same league.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-18-05, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: And there it finally was."
I have already replayed Bo's singing "Within a Dream" several times. I absolutely do not tire of it; it is that good.

I agreed when Paula said last night: "America, you have one more week to see Bo for free". Well, maybe I almost agree: AI will be having Bo back in future years, you can bet on it, so I'll have my vcr ready for when Bo makes his encore performances.

I also think that soon AI will run a primetime special with the "best of" AI showcasing all their top earners/preformers from the four seasons: Kelly, Clay, Ruben, Fantasia, Bo and ??? Carrie? Vonzel?

It seems clear to me that even if Bo is not voted AI, it will be like the Clay/Ruben year with Bo selling as many or more than whoever is voted AI.

I say let Bo do more chosing what to sing and not the judges or Clive!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: And there it finally was."
I say let Bo do more chosing what to sing and not the judges or Clive!

Exactly.

another syren masterpiece

05-18-05, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: And there it finally was."
Clive's song choice accomplished something significant for me - it convinced me that Bo can sing anything and make it his. Bo has been pigeonholed by some of his detractors as only being able to perform a particular type of song. By choosing a song completely different from anything he's done so far, Clive gave Bo the chance to prove that he could handle a variety of music, and Bo did.

The one thing that's struck me all season is how comfortable Bo is with his own identity. Last night, he really showcased the ability to add something unique to a song. And for me, that's the type of performer who should win this competition.

Many performers can sing the notes right, and many can be trained to make them sound good. But the trick is bringing that something extra to a performance that makes it unique.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: And there it finally was."
I really liked Bo's Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me. As he sang it, I thought it WAS going to be the song...but it ended up being a close second to Bo's 2nd song, for me, anyway.

Simon said he like when Bo sang this type of song more than the rock...I'm not sure about that--but he does the Elton John/Billy Joel lighter rock just as well...I listened to this song 3 or more times and it was great...I hope Clive puts it on his CD...it was a great choice for Bo by Clive.

05-18-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
14. "RE: And there it finally was."
It WAS great and, I think, very surprisingly so. When I first heard that song choice I shuddered for poor Bo. But not only did he pull it off, he was truly awesome last night.

This competitition is now his to lose - and this is coming from a Carrie fan.

Pensha26 772 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-18-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pensha26 Click to send private message to Pensha26 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: And there it finally was."
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-05 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

Many performers can sing the notes
right, and many can be
trained to make them sound
good. But the trick
is bringing that something extra
to a performance that makes
it unique.

This is why a performer such as Bo can win this show. He has that something extra that the others do not. Carrie can sing but she doesn't have that something special. Same with Vonzell. That is why Fantasia won last year, because she had that extra quality that draws people.

If Harold does not win this, I will be shocked.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: And there it finally was."
What you said. Bo was truly amazing last night, he just owned the whole show from the moment the first note came from his mouth.

However, I do have a question. Am I the only one here that thinks that during the end of his second song, when the camera got real close to Bo's face, did he or did he not look like Jesus?

05-18-05, 05:28 PM (EST)
22. "RE: And there it finally was."
During my local radio station's recap this morning, one of the guys kept commenting on his Jesus moments.

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-18-05, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: And there it finally was."

>
>However, I do have a question. Am I the only one here that thinks that during the end of his second song, when the camera
>got real close to Bo's face, did he or did >he not look like Jesus?
>

And we know what Jesus looked like how? Because we have any existing pictures of what He actually looked like? Or because we automatically think that anyone with a beard and long hair resembles Jesus?

Not that I have anything against Bo - but I sincerely doubt he resembled Jesus. Our life experiences are reflected in our faces... and Bo's life experiences compared with Jesus' cannot in any way be similar.

Sorry. It's just one of my pet peeves when people profess to know what Jesus looked like. We have no idea.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: And there it finally was."
OK, so maybe a better way to ask was did Bo look like one of thos pictures of Jesus...

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: And there it finally was."
Pardon me if I offended you, but for God's sake, I was making a joke. If you had a problem with it, you should have PMed me. You have completely dumbfounded me. Where the hell is Shakes when I need him so that he can call your post the dumbest post ever. IT WAS A JOKE!!!

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-05, 05:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: And there it finally was."
<Pardon me if I offended you, but for God's sake, I was making a joke. If you had a problem with it, you should have PMed me. You have completely dumbfounded me. Where the hell is Shakes when I need him so that he can call your post the dumbest post ever. IT WAS A JOKE!!!>

?????
I did not take it as a "joke" because I was raised not to joke about Jesus.

However, if it was just a joke why are you biting my head off?

You said if I did not agree with you I should have PM'd you - if everyone had to do that if they disagreed with another poster's point there would be a lot of PM'ing and hardly any posting. I did not attack you personally; I disagreed with the point you made. Disagreement is welcome here. At least I thought it was. Do you not agree?

And lastly, why is it "dumb" if I choose to express my opinion? Is it "dumb" because my opinion differs from yours? Why get all defensive? When I said it was a "pet peeve" that pretty much allowed that I was on a soapbox. Since when are soapboxes not allowed on message boards?

I certainly did not expect this angry of a response. I cannot apologize for my post, as it was made from a place of conviction. But I do apologize if I hurt your feelings in any way.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: And there it finally was."
I totally agree with everything said here. It was The Bo Show last night. Although I thought "Satisfaction" was not the best song choice (figures it was Paula), Bo made it work to his advantage.

My hubby was remarking last night that Bo doesn't have a very large vocal range, but he sure knows how to make work what he does have.

Awesome performances last night by Bo.

05-18-05, 10:05 AM (EST)
10. "RE: And there it finally was."
Ruben proved you don't have to have a range to win this competition, and Bo's range is huge compared to his.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: And there it finally was."
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-05 AT 02:06 PM (EST)

Very true about Reuben also. But more than just range, I think Bo brings something even a little more special --- he is a true performer, whereas Reuben really was not. So not only can Bo work wonders with his range, he comes off sounding even more versatile than someone like Reuben because of his personality, the heart and soul he shows when he sings, and his stage performance.

I am going to be very disappointed if Bo does not walk away with this whole thing.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-18-05, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: And there it finally was."
>>Bo doesn't have a very large vocal range<<

I dunno...I think he's got a pretty respectable range.

He's not a tenor by any stretch of the imagination, and alot of (maybe even most) male pop singers are tenors.

Because he doesn't do all the high wailing, it may sound like a smaller range, but I don't think it is. He's certainly got a better command of his whole range than someone like Anwar or Scott (who both had major problems with their lower registers).

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-18-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: And there it finally was."
Agreed 100% PRE - well said.

Long-standing member of the Bice Squad.

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: And there it finally was."
Hey, PRE! Even my 6 year old daughter was mesmerized by this performance! She hardly pays attention to the show (pretty bored by it), and usually "roots" for the girls that look most like her friends or her Barbies. But last night, as I was starting to power-vote for Bo, she said, "Are you voting for that boy that sang with no band?" Yes. "Can I help you vote for him?" She even made tally marks for times we got through compared to times we got the busy message (41-39 in a 20 min. period!) She loved that it was his voice answering! Me, too!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-18-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: And there it finally was."
<times we got through compared to times we got the busy message

All I got were busy messages. Hope that's good for him, though I expect the other four lines were just as busy.

Didn't Seacrest say only 1% was separating the votes?

Bo's performance should have pulled votes from the other two, if genres weren't dictating votes. However, I think that's the case.

Can't wait for tonight's show.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-18-05, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: And there it finally was."
I'll be the lone dissenter here:

Bo was O period K period. His acapella was good, but not great. He needs better range for something like that. But for what he had, he did good. Also, The Stones should sue for the way the half-assed it through their song. But all in all, he was pretty good last night.

Also, I wished Clive would've given his honest critique. Because from some of the comments he was making last, it sounded like "the man with the golden ears" may be losing his hearing. Vonzell's rendition of Deon Warwick's song was forgettable, and Carrie's Shania song wasn't nothing to sing home about either. Clive was way too nice. I'm not saying he should go Simon on them, but he sure did sugar coat it last night.

That being said, I think the Vonz is the odd man out. But it should be her and Carrie battling it out next week. Bo's fifteen minutes are almost up.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved
"Power concedes to nothing.....without a demand. But power won't
even concede to a demand, when that demand comes from a weak
constituency that lacks testicular fortitude." ~ Minister Louis Farrakhan

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-18-05, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: And there it finally was."
Cappy Gets my vote.

I don't know. Something just really turned me off about Bo last night. I think that American Idol is a pop singing competition, it is not a rock or even an r and b competition. My proof is that Kelly and Clay were the only to even remotely sell big. They are pop singers, the large majority of American Idol viewers liked pop. They were sugar coated with Rueben and Fantasia, and when their albums came out, they were in the words of Simon, abysmal.

I think the same will happen to Bo. I just don't think the American Idol fan base likes rock, nor do most of them (teenage girls mostly) even own a rock CD.

Ok just my two-cents. I could be and probably am wrong, but had to get my oppinon out there.

05-18-05, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: And there it finally was."
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-05 AT 09:15 PM (EST)

What Idol probably knows is that there a ton of Idol fans who have never bought an Idol CD...because the winner was not our type of music. Count me in as one of those, and one who is ready to buy a Bo cd!

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Yup RE: And there it finally was."
I'll buy Bo's CD in a heartbeat, but I never even considered buying anything from any other Idol contestant.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

TxMom 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-20-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom Click to send private message to TxMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: And there it finally was."
Check your facts... just because an artist is not played on the radio station you listen to doesn't mean they don't sell big.

Kelly "megahit" Clarkson aside. I would venture that Fantasia & Clay are neck and neck in album sales. Ruben sells are behind theirs.

I have never heard a Clay song on the radio and I guess you haven't heard Fantasia. I listen to a MIX radio station that plays most all kinds of music and sometimes I listen to an R&B station that wears out Fantasia's songs. I hear Ruben occassionally on both also. You don't have to be a "Pop" star to be successful.

As for this year - forget the Claymates... I'm a Bo-Ho and proud of it

05-20-05, 03:25 PM (EST)
48. "Nope"
Fantasia's record sales aren't keeping up:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1001917

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Question"
Who originated this song? I'm doing Google searches on it and not coming up with much so far.

Dave writesDave editsDave blogs

05-18-05, 09:56 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Question"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-05 AT 10:15 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-18-05 AT 10:15 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-18-05 AT 10:07 PM (EST)

Here it is:

http://www.black-sabbath.com/discog/voodoohighway.html

Black Sabbath website ==> Badlands ==> Voodoo Highway ==> In a Dream (1991, no. 13 on the album)

ETA: I think this is it. Ryan said "Within a Dream" but what if he was told Badlands with "In a Dream" and he heard "within"?

05-18-05, 10:06 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Question"
A little more info on the connection of the rockers:

http://www.hardrockhaven.net/tribute/tribute%20jelee.php

05-18-05, 10:24 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Question"
It is "In a Dream":

http://www.jakeelee.com/discography/lyrics/badlands/inadream.html

Here are the lyrics:

-----------

Lyrics originally transcribed by Marc Weatherhead for the
Japanese release of "Voodoo Highway".

Alterations, and many corrections by
Chris O'Neill and Rene Karwowski.

In a Dream

When I'm down and feeling low
And confusion has touched my soul
How I need some place where I can hide away
Let me fall within your arms
Melt away this cold I feel
All I need is to hold you tonight

Hold me close when I'm cold
Let me hear your beating heart
Close my eyes far away in a dream
In the morning I wake and I'm blessed by God's grace
Just to open my eyes to see your face

Hold you tonight sweet child
Never let me go
Tell me everything, oh, will be alright
In the morning I wake And I'm blessed by God's grace

Ah

That's it!

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Question"
Thanks! Wow, funny that it's Black Sabbath. The "blessed" and "God" references, plus the fact that Bo gave it some gospel shadings here and there had me thinking it might be something by a Christian band. Ha!

05-19-05, 08:17 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Question"
Actually, it's not Black Sabbath per se...it just has Black Sabbath connections via some of the musicians. The Black Sabbath website mentions some solo and other projects; Badlands is one of them. So Badlands is the group; Voodoo Highway is the album.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Question"
hmm. My ex-boyfriend has that album. Wonder if he'd make me a copy. heh. Doubt it. I forgot about that song. I really really like it. A lot.

Fox41 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-19-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fox41 Click to send private message to Fox41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: And there it finally was."
Roo, I feel the same way about Bo. I've never thought twice about buying a CD from anyone on AI. But I've been saying all along that I'd buy Bo's CD as soon as it came out. I love music from the 70's myself. Light rock, classic soul, Elton John, Chicago etc ... But Bo has something that I LOVE. I can see Bo going far with his singing career. I love everything about him -- the voice, his look, that hair. Good Lord I'm hot for that boy!!

05-19-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: And there it finally was."
I think Bo has the potential for global superstardom.

I will buy his first solo CD, and I've never done that before.

Hopefully that Black Sabbath song will be featured - a capella, of course.

05-19-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
42. "RE: And there it finally was."
Hi okaychatt,

It's a Badlands song, not a Black Sabbath song. Sorry to confuse people about the Black Sabbath thing--it's just that their website was where I was first able to find the song, on an album by Badlands with artists that had connections to Black Sabbath.

Reeflex7 187 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reeflex7 Click to send private message to Reeflex7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "I don't know..."
I'll join Mr. Savem as a (albeit minor) dissenter. I'm a huge Bo fan, but there was something gimmicky about him going a capella that I didn't like. I didn't see why THAT song NEEDED to be a cappella. Without knowing what his reason was for doing it, I sort of thought it was designed to make himself stand out. Which I guess is fine (I know, it's a competition, etc., don't flame me), but it looked like a stunt to me. Bo doesn't need stunts.

I will say that if you are going to do that, you had better a) pick a song with great lyrics, and b) sing realllllly well. Which he did. So I thought it worked okay, I just wasn't blown away by it like some others were.

05-20-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
46. "RE: I don't know..."
<I just wasn't blown away by it like some others were.

I can understand that, but I was simply blown away by the supreme confidence that took.

A cappella (capella?) is difficult, and the singer runs many risks of getting off key or messing up somehow. )Don't you love my technical language?)

It's the equivalent of Evel Kneival attempting a jump over a canyon - carefully thought out, physics applied, and banking on everything going perfectly.

I enjoy people with that kind of chutzpah, no matter what their field of expertise is.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-05, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: And there it finally was."
I think they should electrify his mic, personally.

I don't want to see him pick it up ever, ever, ever again.

Ventilation goes HERE.
I find him oddly ingenuine. Don't ask me why. But a "rock" guy has no business being on a popularity contest like idol.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •