The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ethan Zohn - contestant #2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-23-01, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ethan Zohn - contestant #2"
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-01 AT 08:46 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-23-01 AT 07:28 PM (EST)

Assuming he's the soccer kid from New York...

- looks like he played on some kind of Israeli Team USA soccer competition:

http://www.maccabiusa.com/old_maccabiah_teamusa.html

-played for Zimbabwe’s Highlanders F.C. club (??? ...can there be TWO Ethan Zohn's who play soccer?)

- played for Cape Code Crusaders soccer team
http://www.brooklynknights.com/980725.htm
http://www.capecodcrusaders.com/press-box/news-releases/2000/march_28.htm
http://www.thecrew.com/news/000605_opencup.shtml
http://www.capecodcrusaders.com/press-box/news-releases/2000/may_15.htm

- Was an assistant soccer coach at Fairleigh Dickinson University (Vassar '96 grad) (both mens and womens)

http://alpha.fdu.edu/thsports/msoccer/2000roster.html
http://alpha.fdu.edu/thsports/wsoccer/2000wsoccerroster.html

(that's DOZENS of teammates and players -- someone somewhere must know more)

EDITED to correct improper "played for Brooklyn" info

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ethan Zohn diamond 08-23-01 1
   RE: Ethan Zohn SurvivorBlows 08-23-01 2
       Lexington AyatollahKhomeini 08-23-01 3
           RE: Lexington SurvivorBlows 08-23-01 4
           RE: Lexington diamond 08-23-01 5
               Welcome, Diamond sleeeve 08-23-01 6
               Welcome! idiotcowboy 08-23-01 7
                   RE: Welcome! skierdude10 08-23-01 8
                       More info skierdude10 08-24-01 9
                           RE: More info SurvivorBlows 08-24-01 10
 RE: Ethan Zohn SurvivorBlows 08-24-01 11
 Wild Onion Boy! SurvivorBlows 08-24-01 12
   Here's the excitement AyatollahKhomeini 08-24-01 13
       RE: Here's the excitement Mumbo Jumbo 08-25-01 14
           RE: Here's the excitement skierdude10 08-25-01 15
 Edited subject... SurvivorBlows 08-25-01 16
 Photo added SurvivorBlows 08-25-01 17
 RE: Ethan Zohn - contestant #2 dabo 08-26-01 18
 All-Scholastic diamond 08-26-01 19
 Boston Herald -- August 31 AyatollahKhomeini 09-04-01 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-23-01, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ethan Zohn"
Minor correction - if you look closely at the Brooklyn Knights article, he did not actually play for them - he was playing for the Crusaders (against the Knights). And yes, all those sites you found refer to the same guy, who also happens to be the same guy pictured on the EBT website referred to in another thread here (aside - that picture does not do him justice).

More info. - native of Lexington, Mass. (Lexington High School Class of 1992).

And no, before anyone asks, I have no way of proving the info. I've added, at least not at the moment.

08-23-01, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ethan Zohn"
Before anyone jumps on diamond, I'd like to mention that I've just verified her information is correct and she knows of what she speaks.

Thanks for the additional info diamond and hope you stick around...

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-23-01, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Lexington"
Hi, diamond, good to see you over here! Thanks for sharing the info. You're right; it's time that we get out of our torpor over here on SB. BTW, skierdude10 is posting good information all over the EZboard regarding these people.

Ethan appears to be a struggling soccer goalkeeper, trying to make the jump from semipros (the Cape Cod team in the A League) to the big time. I know someone who is planning to check on the Lexington, Massachusetts connection.

08-23-01, 09:13 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Lexington"
Well that was quick... yes, if only we knew someone in that area...

Guess Ethan is this season's Boston/Providence area contestant (I'm not counting Nick, he was just going to school at Harvard) -- Rich and Liz have left some pretty big shoes to fill, hope Ethan is up to the task.

08-23-01, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lexington"
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-01 AT 09:36 PM (EST)

Thank you both for the welcome. I read this board throughout the last go-around of Survivor but never felt like I had anything to post. I think it is amzaing how much you guys could figure out about this show from the smallest of details.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-23-01, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Welcome, Diamond"
>Thank you both for the welcome.
> I read this board
>throughout the last go-around of
>Survivor but never felt like
>I had anything to post.
> I think it is
>amzaing how much you guys
>could figure out about this
>show from the smallest of
>details.

Thanks for the praise, and glad to see you here!!!

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-23-01, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Welcome!"
Welocome Diamond!

Nice to have you aboard.

Hope you plan on sticking around, we're going to have a lot of fun this season, and spoil the show to boot... pun intended

-ICB

skierdude10 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-23-01, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skierdude10 Click to send private message to skierdude10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Welcome!"
Welcome Diamond....nice first post...

08-24-01, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skierdude10 Click to send private message to skierdude10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "More info"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-01 AT 11:26 AM (EST) by SurvivorBlows (admin)

Ethan Zohn played on Zimbabwe before he was traded to the crusaders:

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:z3wUVrUSE-w:www.capecodcrusaders.com/press-box/news-releases/2000/march_28.htm

08-24-01, 11:26 AM (EST)
10. "RE: More info"
Hi ski... that's the same link I'd already posted. I've edited the URL so that it doesn't screw up the page width.

...and I don't believe he was "traded" -- they way many of these small leagues work is they take what they can get -- and if Zohn told them he was going to be a few weeks late because he has to finish the Zimbabwe season (which my guess was probably a better paying gig since soccer is much bigger overseas) then, fine, he's a few weeks late.

08-24-01, 01:56 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Ethan Zohn"
Ethan's bio from the 2000 Women's soccer page:

ETHAN ZOHN - Assistant Coach - Zohn begins his first season with Coach Gaglioti and the Knights' keepers. Zohn is familiar with FDU, as he has been a member of the men's soccer staff for three seasons. The 1996 Vassar College graduate was a goalkeeper for the 1997 US Maccabiah team. He has also played professionally with the Hawaii Tsuname and the Cape Cod Crusaders of the USISL. Zohn's work with the men's team was highlighted last season as the team posted seven shutouts and its goals against average was 0.78.

I haven't tried tracking down the Hawaii Tsuname yet...

...interestingly, his bio picture is gone but that of the other two coaches remains (probably because he's not listed as a 2001 coach and they are -- although interestingly there doesn't seem to be a new third coach for the 2001 season.

08-24-01, 02:27 PM (EST)
12. "Wild Onion Boy!"
Not very useful, but funny....

Senior Research Projects:

Zohn, Ethan ('96). Soil community effects on the growth rate in Allium vineale.

...Allium vineale are wild onions. Boy, and I thought I worked on some boring stuff in the past

08-24-01, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Here's the excitement"
Ethan's tale of the start of his time in Zimbabwe, as found by MadBananaRush on the EZboard (no spelling corrections made):

EZimbabwe

New Years
I know everyone keeps rushing to check my page for the most current news on my life in Zimbabwe...so I apoligize for my lack of updates. But, since Y2K the computers have been in and out of commission...therefore I have not written...yeah right.
Anyway, my Chanukah and New years were absolutely crazy. A 23 day trek around Zimbabwe and South Africa. I'll give you the Cliff note version. I started out in Bulawayo and drove to Victoria Falls with my friend Kely and his family. While there I went White water rafting down the Zambezi River. These are all class 5 rapids and ...lets just say the safety standards in Africa are not as strict as in the US. So I got dumped at about 5 out of the 10 rapids. At one point I was actually a bit scared for my well being. So..what do I do...I go river boarding down ther river the next day. Imagine using one of those kick boards from grade school and then dunking yourself into a raging river and tryiing to survive. Thats basically what it was like. Next, we saw the falls, went to Bostwana to see some hippos and then departed for Hwange National park.
At Hwange, we stayed in tree houses...literally little hut situated in the bush and in the trees. I wopuls awake to the sounds of elephants chomping the leaves and wildabeast running through the grass plains. I was there for 2 nights and went on 4 safaris...saw every animal possible. But, the most amazing thing was when I witnessed a Pack of wild dogs chase down and kill a adolescent Kudu. They tore it apart, ripped its flesh, drank the blood..and I was about 30 yards from it all. I took a whole roll of film.
Then we hopped in the mini-bus and began the drive down to Cape Town , South africa. It was a long, long drive...about as long as it takes to drive from Boston to San Francisco. But, I picked up Diana in Jo'berg...so she could join the festivities. As we approached Cape Town the landscape changed from barren desert to beautiful mountains and ocean. Cape town is amazing. We went to the beach, saw penguins, ate good food, went to a rave with 15,000 people for new years and had an amazing time.
After that we drove to Cape St. Francis...one of the world best surf spots. This pplace was majestic...I tried to surf but was not too good...so I just hung out on the beach, dreading the return to bulawayo fro pre season.

Life In Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
I still have an address and I can see people are not using it.

Ethan Zohn
Edited out because he's back in the USA!

Zimbabwe is in some trouble. The president , Mugabe is doing a crappy job. It does not affect me so much because I am living the life of a millionare...but everyone else is suffering. There is no diesel, which means no public transportation, which means people cant work , which means poor and hungry people. But, the one good thing is the rains have been incredible. Lots of rains so the people are happy and their crops are doing well.
Also, therte is a bit of a stir because the Highlanders have not played a regular league match since july. So the entire city is looking forward to the start of the season. I have not seen it yet, but people say that when the Highlanders are winning, the people are happy and their is a glow in the city. It gives everyone something to loook forward to. However, the price to get into the games was just increased ..so that may pose a problem.

Highlanders F.C.
Since January 5, 2000 we have been training 2 times a day. The first time we saw a ball was on January 29th, and that was for a scrimmage. We would run 10kilometers every day followed by sprints and push ups and wall sits. We would have to run "Danger Hill", which is a steep 2.5 k hill. we would run up 3 times and down 3 times...no rest...it was 1hour and 28 minutes of running. And not to mention the heat, lack of water and the huge 18 wheeler trucks zipping past you while you struggled to lift your legs.
But, today is Feb. 19 and we had our first match last weekend. I was chosen for the fisrt team only to discover my clearance was not yet organized. I found this out 2 hours before the match...I was a bit dissapointed...but I have a good story to tell about what goes on for match preparation.
>>>The first team goes to a house out in the bush the night before every game. So Saturday night we all meet at the house at around 6:30 pm. And we chill for a bit, watch half scrambled Jackie Chan movies and lastly are given our chores…..could be making a fire, cleaning toilettes, make the beds ect… Well, my chore was to kill the goat. No lie. The witch doctor went to the farm and picked the "right goat", I dont know what this entails, but it was Highlanders colors (black and white), happy, cooperative and healthy. So he does his little blessing thing and then slits the throat of the goat...he does this right in front of me…blood gushes everywhere…I love it. The goat dies nicely and quickly (which is a sign of a winning season). Then two guys on the team and I begin skinning the goat, slicing it up the belly, taking out all the insides. Then I was handed the axe.….to start chopping off the legs. Wow...it was nuts. So I chop off the ##### legs (mind you I am still a vegetarian ). I hold the leg while someone else slices off the meat. Once he meat is off you cut off the hoof and then snap the bones and throw them in the pot also. Lastly, we hung the rib cage and spine on a tree to let the blood drain. The funny part is I did not mind doing this… actually kinda liked it.
I also learned that in the Zimbabwe culture, the testicles are very sacred. Usually, the youngest born child will have to wear the testicles around their neck for the entire dinner…it’s a sign of good luck. Meanwhile the witch Dr. is splashing blood all around the outside of the house...as a peace offering and thanks to the earth for the goat we will be eating later. So the whole goat goes into the pot...bones and all...and all that is left is the head (which they say is the best part). By this time it is dark, the fire is ready, and the goat is thrown on to be cooked. I did not eat it…I had sadza and veggies instead. The guys on the team could not believe I was not eating it…they said it was good, and good luck to eat this this was special because it was the night before the first game of the season, but it was an experience I will never forget. And, if I was not so lazy I would tell you about the rituals that happened the next morning before the match…but I was not directly a part of them. I had to watch. But when I am, I will let you know.
About an hour before the game the manager approached me and told me my clearance for US soccer was not through…so I was dropped from the team. It sucked ass. But, I just got word that I am going to play this weekend against the Dynamos…our biggest rivals. This is bigger than any jets v. giants, or sox v. yankees rivalry. They won the league 2 years ago, they are the other largest city and most importantly it’s a political and tribal rivalry also. We are Ndebele and they are Shona…. the opressers vs the opressed.. They play in the National Sports Stadium in Harare. It holds about 80,000 people but only like 70,000 show up. 70,000 …holy #####!! Everyone has been pumped during practice…I am so psyched to be on the first team….its crazy I will be playing in this game. Wish me all the luck in the world. If I screw up I may be lynched.
So here's MB's vegetarian for S3!

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-25-01, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Here's the excitement"
LAST EDITED ON 08-25-01 AT 10:35 AM (EST)

>Well, my chore was to kill the goat. No lie. ... So he does his little blessing thing and then slits the throat of the goat...he does this right in front of me…blood gushes everywhere…I love it. The goat dies nicely and quickly (which is a sign of a winning season). Then two guys on the team and I begin skinning the goat, slicing it up the belly, taking out all the insides. Then I was handed the axe.….to start chopping off the legs. Wow...it was nuts. So I chop off the ##### legs (mind you I am still a vegetarian ). I hold the leg while someone else slices off the meat. Once he meat is off you cut off the hoof and then snap the bones and throw them in the pot also. Lastly, we hung the rib cage and spine on a tree to let the blood drain. The funny part is I did not mind doing this… actually kinda liked it.
>************************
>So here's MB's vegetarian for S3!

Obviously not a Kimmi-style vegetarian who will make a big deal out of the killings. Sounds like a personable Skupin type outdoorsman with Colby's athletism and a vegetarian chaser. Wow! An interesting kid. Hope he does well.

08-25-01, 11:03 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Here's the excitement"
From what I've read Ethan Zohn also played lacrosse, I've already e-mailed the coach of the lacrosse team for some info...

08-25-01, 02:11 PM (EST)
16. "Edited subject..."
I edited the subject to reflect "contestant #2"

08-25-01, 02:45 PM (EST)
17. "Photo added"

Added MadBananaRush's photo found originally at:

(who knows how long it might last there)

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-01, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ethan Zohn - contestant #2"
Expect this one to be the Performer.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

08-26-01, 09:54 PM (EST)
19. "All-Scholastic"
For those looking for more photos, Ethan appears to have
been a Boston Herald All-Scholastic for the fall
1990 high school soccer season. The Herald online
archives only go back to July 1991, and the
All-Scholastics would have been published in late 1990 or
early 1991. Presumably there was a photo, so if anyone
is enterprising enough to go to a library that archives
the Herald, they could probably find another photo of
Ethan. I would bet that the Boston Public Library has
it (on microfilm, perhaps).

09-04-01, 06:25 PM (EST)
20. "Boston Herald -- August 31"
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-01 AT 06:34 PM (EST)

The Boston Herald "Inside Track" reported on Ethan being a contestant on August 31:

Lexington native reportedly got his kicks on 'Survivor'
by Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa

Friday, August 31, 2001

Don't breath a word of this, because nobody's supposed to know. But word is, another homeboy will get a shot to Outwit, Outplay and Outlast - this time in Africa - on the new season of "Survivor."

Ethan Zohn, 27, a Lexington homey and former goalkeeper for the Cape Cod Crusaders professional soccer team, reportedly is one of 16 contestants marooned in Kenya for the third season of the hit CBS reality series, according to spoiler Web site surviiivor.com.

Ethan is the fifth New Englander picked for the series, which throws 16 strangers together in a desolate place - the first season, Pulau Tiga in the South China Sea; the second, the Australian Outback - and gives them a shot at a $1 million prize.

Rhode Islander Richard Hatch won the cash the first season and BC cutie Elisabeth Filarski made it to the final four in the second season. Not so lucky was New Hampshire prison guard Deb Eaton, who was the first to get the boot off the Outback, and Harvard Law student Nick Brown, who also finished out of the money.

CBS spokesguy Chris Ender said he couldn't "confirm or deny" that Zohn is a contestant. And Zohn's mom declined to comment. Wethinks we have our answer.

Meanwhile, Ethan's former teammates said they think their former keeper has what it takes to Survive in the savanna.

"I think he'll be awesome," said Boston Bulldogs Capt. Methembe Ndlovu, who played ball with Ethan both here and in his home country, Zimbabwe. "He's a really selfless person who got along with everyone. He spent some time in Zimbabwe and everyone loved him."

Hmmmm, but Methembe, sometimes the secret to success on "Survivor" is to be the biggest bastard in the bunch.

"He's not known to be a bastard so that might be his downfall," he said. "But we're all excited for him. We hope he comes home with the loot."

One potential pitfall: Zohn reportedly is a vegetarian. And we all know how Kimmie, last season's meat-shunner, made out when they butchered the pig.

Word is, the cast has already returned from Kenya, where they were dropped July 8 for the 39-day competition. The show debuts Oct. 11, so do stay tuned.

...and, in that spirit, here is a picture of Zohn from a Lexington High yearbook and contributed by one of his classmates:

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •