The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Poll Watcher"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

crashstop 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crashstop Click to send private message to crashstop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Poll Watcher"
I saw something new today. Every week, MSNBC polls who should win American Idol. Almost every week, Carrie has been on top. In fact, I don't remember ever seeing her in second, until today. Bo has 46 and Carrie has 44. Now, I think that MSNBC readers who voted are less Idol-maniacs than people who vote in AI polls on AI themed web sites and are the people who probably either don't vote or only vote once, BUT I think it did shed light on one thing:

More of Anthony voters went to Bo's camp after his ouster than went to Carrie. This makes sense to me. Now, Bo's the only guy so I'm pretty sure he's definately safe next week. So here's the question. Will a majority of Vonzell's voters go to Carrie when she goes? In other words, who will win?

Now that assumes Vonzell is gone next week. I think it's almost a certainty, but to be honest, I converted last week to Vonzell. Bo made it obvious he doesn't care if he wins or not and Carrie is an idot. She doesn't know what she's singing about and even her biggest supporters will admit she only had one memerable song, Alone. ONE!!! And she's always been the favorite to win?!? THAT is the reason I'm now voting for the girl who actually tries each week. She was so weak at the beginning of the top 12 and now she is hot! I don't know about the whole crying thing...but she's still it for me. But like I said, she's gone.

Personally, I think Carrie will get enough Vonzell votes to win it all. And I'll be at home shaking my head with a "Where's Nadia" shirt on.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Poll Watcher Pepito 05-12-05 1
   RE: Poll Watcher kahanasunset 05-12-05 2
 RE: Poll Watcher seahorse 05-13-05 3
 RE: Poll Watcher Snidget 05-13-05 4
   RE: Poll Watcher Snidget 05-14-05 5
 RE: Poll Watcher scottyg124 05-14-05 6
 RE: Poll Watcher geekboy 05-14-05 7
   RE: Poll Watcher nicola 05-14-05 8
       RE: Poll Watcher geekboy 05-14-05 9
 RE: Poll Watcher nicola 05-19-05 10
   RE: Poll Watcher crashstop 05-19-05 11
       RE: Poll Watcher nailbone 05-20-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-12-05, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Poll Watcher"
I don't how you could state that Anthony's votes went to Bo. Anthony was just ousted yesterday, and obviously, the group has not had a chance to perform again since. "Anthony's Votes" just haven't gone ANYWHERE yet...

Or did you mean Scott's votes? He was ousted last week...

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-12-05, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Poll Watcher"
He's talking about the MSNBC poll, which changes every few days....

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-05, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Poll Watcher"
Carrie is a country music singer. I can not see her picking up most of Vonzell's voters. There's styles are too much different.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Poll Watcher"
I've been posting the AOL polls on the rankings threads (I've watched them longer than I posted, so there isn't a complete record).

IIRC they tend to be fairly close on who is safe/bottom three, sometimes there are those on the cusp that go opposite of the final numbers.

On those polls I think Carrie started out on top for the first several weeks, but Bo has been leading for a couple of weeks now.

I would tend to think that Anthony's voters would go to Carrie and Vonzell's to Bo, but America is generally not all that logical.

AOL hasn't been updated yet to see where Anthony's votes are, but I'll keep an eye out and let you know.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Poll Watcher"
AOL now has the poll three way.

Bo went up quite a bit and Carrie and Vonzell are in a close race for second based on those numbers.

Earlier Carrie was doing a lot better than Vonzell.

scottyg124 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-14-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail scottyg124 Click to send private message to scottyg124 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Poll Watcher"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-05 AT 01:26 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-14-05 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

Its weird to think if vonzell was to get voted off that any of her votes would go to bo or carrie, if she goes home I'm probably not going to vote because that would mean anyone I favored to win went home, but I would probably vote for Bo becasue I really don't like country, plus he's pretty down to earth and I have a feeling a lot of people might do the same, I think it may be supprisinly close between carrie and vonzell, we'll see!

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-14-05, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Poll Watcher"
I had never looked at teh AOL poll before tonight. I find it quite interesting since Bo is ahead with 65% of the votes. This is what i would have hoped for and expected. Carrie had 21, and vonzell at 15%.

Has anyone been watching this poll since the beginning? How well did it do w/ predicting bootees? i'd love to know.

geekboy

nicola 30 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-05, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nicola Click to send private message to nicola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Poll Watcher"
i've seen this poll before, and last time for the botee it predicted anthony. the week before it predicted scott. this time it says vonzel. i cant remember the other results but it has been fairly accurate.
- nicky

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-14-05, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Poll Watcher"
well, if that is the case, then the Bo win will be a blowout.

GO BO!!!!

geekboy

nicola 30 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 06:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nicola Click to send private message to nicola Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Poll Watcher"
vonzell left
which is what the poll said
so thats one more correct prediction!
i checked it today for the final 2 and carrie is at 38% while bo is at 62%!!!
so its bo all the way!!
but...
in tiny tiny print there was a link that said
not a scientifically valid survey
so to answer your question on accuracy geekboy
heres the link
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3704453/
but after bos performance on wednesday
he has soooo won it.
i was wondering though
do the contestants have to sing again on wednesday? and if they do, do they get to pick the best song or something like that?
- nicky

crashstop 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-19-05, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crashstop Click to send private message to crashstop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Poll Watcher"
I think all the polls have Bo ahead now that there's two. If there's any with Carrie ahead, I haven't seen them. While I think that Carrie COULD blow the audience away next week, I have a hard time believing the audience could change their minds. At least the audience members who will stay up for 2 hours on Tuesday voting.

Here's the problem I have. Both the finalist have told Ryan on camera that they don't care if they win or not. They don't care and it's given that both will come out with a record so does it really matter what happens next week? They should ask any other members of the top 12 if they really want to win and if they actually do find someone who does WANT TO WIN American Idol, they should put them in the final show to compete with the two who don't care. This is dumb. Where's Nadia?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-05, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Poll Watcher"
Neither DON'T WANT to win AI. Both do have things to fall back on if they don't, and know that they're gonna be OK and not be totally devastated if they don't win it all. That's what they were trying to express. But I think you can rest assured that both really DO want to win.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •