The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christina's big lie"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

golfinmom 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-01-05, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail golfinmom Click to send private message to golfinmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christina's big lie"
Christina doesn't know the difference between what is the truth and what is a lie. She is only concerned with getting her assignments done, no matter what she has to do to finish. I was glad to see that Jessica figured her out right away and didn't cooperate with her. There is a big difference between doing something out of love for your friend and doing it because you have to. She has been lying to everyone, including herself, since she came to the house.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Christina's big lie SOinEden 11-01-05 1
   RE: Christina's big lie golfinmom 11-01-05 2
 RE: Christina's big lie paigesmom 11-01-05 3
   RE: Christina's big lie mhb0125 11-01-05 4
   RE: Christina's big lie rookwood 11-01-05 5
       RE: Christina's big lie Labyrinth 11-01-05 7
   RE: Christina's big lie Labyrinth 11-01-05 6
       RE: Christina's big lie BBH101 11-01-05 8
 RE: Christina's big lie hawkfrog 11-01-05 9
   RE: Christina's big lie penni1153 11-01-05 10
       RE: Christina's big lie Sharon_L 11-01-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SOinEden 157 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOinEden Click to send private message to SOinEden Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Christina's big lie"
I see what you are saying, I think the fact that she didn't finish high school, might have something to do with the way she approaches her assignments. Its like she just wants to get it done but not "getting it".

golfinmom 157 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail golfinmom Click to send private message to golfinmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Christina's big lie"
I think she hides behind her ignorance by pretending not to "understand".

paigesmom 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-01-05, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail paigesmom Click to send private message to paigesmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Christina's big lie"
I think Christina will have to work hard to get the hustle out of her system. It is something she's done so long and for survival, it's her safety net. She knows how to get things done with minimal investment. I think she is in survival mode and once she realizes that she can begin to move on. Hopefully, she will learn from today.

On another note, how could she really do today's assignment without hustling. Iyanla basically told her "do good things to get rid of these chips." She gave Christina something to gain from the task and isn't that the essence of hustling, to do something for self-gain. It didn't matter what Iyanla had her do to get the chips, because she gave christina a motive, the assignment was tainted. Christina didn't have a chance to do good things "from the heart." i think having to earn the chips back is more of the same, but at least the hgs can judge for themselves.

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-01-05, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Christina's big lie"
You are dead on. I think Christina doesn't understand what she did was wrong. All she's known is the histle for so long it would be extremely hard to just suddenly stop. I'm glad she was called out on it though. The SO house is there to help her and I think she will be making progress soon. Her life has been such a struggle and now she feels like she's struggling to get her life back. I really like Christina and I wish her all the best. I don't think she's just there to be on tv or the other reasons others have stated. I see something in her that seems genuine; I hope it comes to surface so everyone else can see.

rookwood 350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-01-05, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rookwood Click to send private message to rookwood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Christina's big lie"
I must be really dense today, but I felt like I missed something about the whole "lying" aspect of Christina's assignment. I understand that her assignment was, in effect, to hustle her housemates, just like the last time. What I DON'T get is why Iyanla felt C had lied to her.

Now I'm sure you'll all tell me if I missed something (and thank you for doing so), but what I saw was that Jessica WAS resistant to Christina. She (Jessica)told TJ (I think)that she knew it was part of C's assignment to go around helping the women. But instead of helping C, Jess says she "doubts her motives" and refuses to let C help her. Well she knows C's motive - it's to complete her assignment. Don't all the women have the "motive" of completing their assignments? I did not understand how Jess's attitude and resistance was helping C.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, since I've been VERRRY suspicious of some of C's junk and keep wishing she'd get called out on it - and now I'm about to complain when she gets called on something! But, I heard C tell Iyanla that she couldn't get all her chips because Jess was refusing to let her help her. I do not see what is untrue about this statement. Jessica WAS categorically refusing to let C help her, even though she knew it was part of C's assignment. So, I thought to myself, how IS C supposed to complete the task?

I acknowledge that the girl is a hustler - and she knows she had to hustle to get her assignment completed - but I simply did not perceive any untruth or attempt to mislead in what she said to Iyanla.

If I'm mistaken, I'm sure you'll all quickly help me to see the light! ;)

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-01-05, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Christina's big lie"
>I must be really dense today,
>but I felt like I
>missed something about the whole
>"lying" aspect of Christina's assignment.
>I understand that her assignment
>was, in effect, to hustle
>her housemates, just like the
>last time. What I DON'T
>get is why Iyanla felt
>C had lied to her.

I have very ambivalent feelings about this episode and what IV felt was a lie by Christina to her. On one hand, I feel it was a pretty shallow incident to get all worked up on and isn't IV there to offer unconditional love? So now I have to say that IV is offering conditional love.

OTOH, the more the show progressed, I *think* I see IV's point. Christina is not taking the full responsibility of what she did but wanted to cast blame on Jessica. She presented it to IV as if it was Jessica who would not allow her to help her but to Jessica it was the manner in which Christina approached her - and it would be important to remember - this was done right after Christina hustled her HG's and drew Jessica into part of the hustle. When Christina started acting way out of character that each and every HG noticed it, Jessica probably wondered immediately how she was being played.

It is interesting that Christina will be around people such as her family that once she comes back home they too, no matter how good her intentions are, will wonder how they are being played.

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-01-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Christina's big lie"
.On another note, how could she
>really do today's assignment without
>hustling. Iyanla basically told
>her "do good things to
>get rid of these chips."
> She gave Christina something
>to gain from the task
>and isn't that the essence
>of hustling, to do something
>for self-gain.

Think of it this way -- She could have gone around the house doing good things without ever bringing any notice to how she was helping people. Didn't IV say something about doing it in a "loving manner."?

She could have just pitched in and got the groceries instead of responding to a request. She could have cut a flower and put it on Allison's pillow with no note. These were things she could have done without any acknowledgement or recognition from her fellow HG's.

Even Christina said that the first few times she did it she FELT like it was coming from the heart. The flip side of that is that there were times she did things and did not feel that they were from the heart.

BBH101 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-01-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BBH101 Click to send private message to BBH101 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Christina's big lie"
The tears at the end of this episode tells me Christina is on
the edge of huge breakthrough. Sometimes, you have to be broken down, and then built back up. I do think Christina was
honestly confused. AND, I do believe she is getting there. Change is painful, and for the first time, we are starting to witness some of Christina's pain. I just hope that we don't get
a new heading on the board, "I am sick of Christina's crying."
To me, it is where she needs to be for awhile. And, at the same
time, she will be moving closer to goal of being an "Honorable" woman.

hawkfrog 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-01-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hawkfrog Click to send private message to hawkfrog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Christina's big lie"
I think today is the first time we have seen the real Christina and it's also the first time I haven't been suspicious of her. She was actually called out on something and Iyanla wasn't letting her out of it.. I hope Christina succeeds... I'll be cheering her on... that'll be a first for me toward her.

penni1153 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-01-05, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail penni1153 Click to send private message to penni1153 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Christina's big lie"
I think the whole thing is unfair to Christina. Every time I watch this show it seems like there is one standard for certain people and another standard for others. Why was it assumed that Christina lied based on Jessicas' word? Even if she was lying, which I didn't see by the way, that just seemed so contrived to me. I think Jessica is jealous of Christina and was looking for a way to sabatogue her assignment. Jessica even said during the group discussing, "If you would have asked me what you could do for me I would have been receptive." That seems very egocentric to me. Shouldn't a mature person meet others where they are at? She knows Christina is 20 years old, and to me seems genuinely nieve. Mabey the HG's should stop second guessing each other, that would save a lot of confusing. Leave the analysis up to the professionals.

Sharon_L 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-01-05, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sharon_L Click to send private message to Sharon_L Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Christina's big lie"
I felt the whole thing was overblown. Bigger fish to fry in C's pan, way bigger. I think this incident was more for Iyanla's benefit, anyway.

As for Jessica, she showed me once again what a gossip she is when she was gabbing with TJ about C. TJ handled that pretty well, imo. Pretty much just listened.

Out of all the hg's I would trust Jessica the least. As for her little chat with C afterwards, well....
I'm just glad I wasn't eating lunch.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •