The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-10-07, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-07 AT 12:08 PM (EST)

I am confused. Here we have this season's bachelor..Andy...physician, friendly-neighbourhood do-gooder...and he works for the military. The last time I checked, military salaries were not on par with those salaries...oh...say...of FREAKIN' MILLIONAIRES!!!

So...how, pray tell, does this young pup have such a damn expensive car and yacht? Or..am I totally mistaken and these luxury items are actually just on loan to him for the show? He talked about the yacht last night as if it was his...

Anybody shed some light on this?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? riverrocker 04-10-07 1
   RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? JoeGazillionaire 04-11-07 2
       RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? hooked2reality 04-11-07 3
           RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? trillium 05-13-07 18
 RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? Flowerpower 04-11-07 4
 RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? pmspml5 04-11-07 5
   RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? JoeGazillionaire 04-12-07 6
       RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? alaholly 04-12-07 7
           Update MKitty 04-13-07 8
   RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? AshLanie 04-18-07 11
 RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? navydoc 04-17-07 9
   RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? riverrocker 04-17-07 10
       RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? JoeGazillionaire 04-18-07 12
           RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? MKitty 04-18-07 13
               RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? JoeGazillionaire 04-19-07 14
       RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? LisaPles 04-20-07 15
 RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? belanah 05-06-07 16
   RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht? riverrocker 05-06-07 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-10-07, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
No light to shed...but I'm hoping someone will answer because I had exactly the same questions! Surely these two pieces of property 'belong' to ABC???

JoeGazillionaire 349 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-11-07, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
I was thinking the same thing. You're right...a naval doctor doesn't make a lot of money. Unless, you have your own practice with a huge client base or happened to be a neuro-surgeon, then you're not going to own a car that looks like that. I kind of wish that the producers didn't mislead viewers like that because it really makes us feel cheated. Last season, they made that Prince Lorenzo to be more of a royalty than he was and richer than he sounded---his business wasn't raking in as much money as they would have you believe. Next season, they should have the women date the executive producer or high level executive of the show because those are the guys who have the means to own these things. I heard somewhere that the Bachelor house was actually from some executive that loaned out his house for the shoot.

hooked2reality 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-11-07, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hooked2reality Click to send private message to hooked2reality Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
I know! that car is apparently a Saleen (thanks, husband) and it costs almost half a million bucks! I mean, c'mon, it makes no sense! How does he afford all that and more importantly, do the women belive he owns all that - thus leading to their insane i've-found-my-soulmate enthusiasm for him?

trillium 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-13-07, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trillium Click to send private message to trillium Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-07 AT 11:59 PM (EST)

>I know! that car is apparently
>a Saleen (thanks, husband) and
>it costs almost half a
>million bucks! I mean, c'mon,
>it makes no sense! How
>does he afford all that
>and more importantly, do the
>women belive he owns all
>that - thus leading to
>their insane i've-found-my-soulmate enthusiasm for
>him?

Slight correction; it's a Saleen Mustang i.e. a Mustang manufactured by Ford then modified with Saleen after-market parts similar to the way Mustangs have previously been modified to be Shelby Mustangs or Rousch Mustangs.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-11-07, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-07 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

I would say yes, I think that really is his car and his yacht. He's 30 years old, has been to West Point(educated for free without debt), than Medical School and Residency via the military as well, so there is no debt there, then he's now serving back his time, and getting some pay for it as well. If he doesn't own a home on land, I could definately see him owning that yacht and that car. Now I don't think that they are paid off yet....

one nation, under Romber...

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-11-07, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-07 AT 09:44 PM (EST)

In an interview he gave I'm sure he said that it was nice to be treated like a king while on the show. All the extra perks like the house, boat, and car were nice and hard to give back. He said that he was not use to all the luxury since he is in the navy. He is a Lt. which is the equivalent of a Captian in the army and in the military your jobs (ie Dr.) has nothing to do with you pay - it is all based on rank and how many years at that rank. So at the very most his annual salary is around $65,000 and that would be with like 20 years service so I highly doubt he makes that much. It is very very doubtful any of that stuff belongs to him.

04-12-07, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
Military guys don't get paid a lot of money...so it's pretty much provided for by ABC just like the ring will be. Are people still watching this show? It seems like the postings have died down in recent seasons....how's the ratings doing? I would realy like to see more romance like reality shows i.e. For Love or money like they used to have...but they seemed to be disappearing.

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-12-07, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
I'm sure they are just props for TV.

04-13-07, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Update"
I just got a PM from another poster saying they were not his, but ABC's....

Now it all makes sense....

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-18-07, 07:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-07 AT 07:36 AM (EST)

>LAST EDITED ON 04-11-07
>AT 09:44 PM (EST)

>
>In an interview he gave I'm
>sure he said that it
>was nice to be treated
>like a king while on
>the show. All the
>extra perks like the house,
>boat, and car were nice
>and hard to give back.
> He said that he
>was not use to all
>the luxury since he is
>in the navy. He
>is a Lt. which
>is the equivalent of a
>Captian in the army and
>in the military your jobs
>(ie Dr.) has nothing to
>do with you pay -
>it is all based on
>rank and how many years
>at that rank. So
>at the very most his
>annual salary is around $65,000
>and that would be with
>like 20 years service so
>I highly doubt he makes
>that much. It is
>very very doubtful any of
>that stuff belongs to him.
>

Military pay is based on rank, years in service, if one has a specialty, and if it is hazardess duty.

He has three of the four...no idea if he works in a hazardess place so not sure if he gets extra pay for that.

In addition, he could be getting COLA, extra housing allowance in order to live in the style that a doctor in civialn life would live...or he might have opted to live in a single officers house *free if on base) instead of living in BAQ (Bachelors Officers Quarters=Free)....corse right now he is on a ship which means extra money.

BUT even with all that no way could he afford the car and yatch unless he is hocked up to his little ole brain...I would bet he show either loaned him these items for the show or those are his *pay* for being on the show.

navydoc 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-07, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail navydoc Click to send private message to navydoc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
Glad someone else posted that these are the props that ABC gives the guy to be even "dreamier"! Besides - the guy is stationed in Hawaii - you think he drove that car to LA?

As a Naval LT he get the standard pay that a LT gets plus extra bonuses that are awarded to doctors to keep physicians in the Navy. Since he is does not have a specialty - he only did one year of surgery i.e. an internship so he is eligible for that special pay - it's about $15000 per year. If he was a surgeon - that is four more years of training or another specialty he would eligible for bonus money based upon being board certified in that specialty. That ranges from around $10K for pediatricians to $30K+ per year for the surgical subspecialties. Then once your obligated service is complete you may reobligate yourself for more bonus money.

He is a dive medicine officer so he is eligible for some sort of bonus there but it's not fabulously high.

Last correction - He did not go to West Point. He went to Duke on an ROTC scholarship and then to San Francisco for med school. Probably also on scholarship from the government so the poor boy owes his entire soul and at least 8 years to the Navy - that is if he doesn't decide to go back and get more training.

Finally - I think that rather than have the girls traipse off to a mothballed aircraft carrier they should have them follow him around as a low level trainee at a hospital - believe me - it is NOT like Seattle Grace - more like ER - the hours are long, when you get home you have to study and you frequently get your social life interrupted by the pager and the calls to the hospital. Why do doctors have crazy high divorce rates? That's what they should prepare the girls for. And the reason I know all this is I'm a retired Navy doc.

04-17-07, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"

>Finally - I think that rather
>than have the girls traipse
>off to a mothballed aircraft
>carrier they should have them
>follow him around as a
>low level trainee at a
>hospital - believe me -
>it is NOT like Seattle
>Grace - more like ER
>- the hours are long,
>when you get home you
>have to study and you
>frequently get your social life
>interrupted by the pager and
>the calls to the hospital.
> Why do doctors have
>crazy high divorce rates?
>That's what they should prepare
>the girls for. And
>the reason I know all
>this is I'm a retired
>Navy doc.

Thanks, Navy doc, for the insider's perspective. I think the ladies on the show are totally unaware of either the medical profession and/or the military's "demands." Several seem to be blinded by the "glamour" of everything--that isn't even his!

04-18-07, 10:18 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
So, what do you think his annual salary would be after it's all said and done?

Judging from the numbers you were throwing around, it sounds like very little money.....especially if he was going to live this fairytale extravagant lifestyle with his girl in Hawaii! I think it's honorable that he is serving the country, but ABC is once again creating a false movie image of him. If they wanted to present an image of a millionaire bachelor doc, why not get a real one? Otehrwise present the real him, which would have been perfectly fine....I think his credentials can stand on its own---a fit straight naval doctor without too many skeletons in his closet---rather than making it fake with extravagant sports cars and yachts that he doesn't use in real life. It's supposed to be "reality television" not made up fairy tales.

04-18-07, 06:56 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
Yeah, I agree with both you and Navy Doc. It might be a harsh reality for the new "love of his life" to realize that hey..he doesn't live in a mansion or drive the $500,000 car (my DH looked up the price out of amusement) but is a Navy doc and is likely away a lot...and not making a millionaire's salary. That is why I think he knows it's important not to choose an obvious "gold-digger"...as they won't get very far!! LOL...

Hopefully he chooses a woman who already has a career and is independent enough to handle spending time on her own!

04-19-07, 03:55 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
It would be nice, but not likely since most bachelors don't think with their big head when making these decisions. Unfortunately, the nice girl who has the most substance does not always win out.

Even millionaires would rarely live that kind of lifestyle where they are buying half a million dollar cars, sailing on luxurious yachts, and living a jet set life....they usually live within a certain means and pick and choose where to reward themselves. The guys that live like that seem to end up being deeply in debt. That bachelor house alone has to be at least 8 million or more... The life they are presenting is more of the multi-millionaires who have 5 mill or more....and not that of even a regular doctor. I realize they have to make things theatrical...but viewers feel kind of duped when they find out that everything presetned was completely misleading.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-20-07, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
>I think the
>ladies on the show are
>totally unaware of either the
>medical profession and/or the military's
>"demands."

Yes I have thought about that, too. It should be a serious consideration. I personally wouldn't sign up for that. Of course, we have probably all done crazy things in the name of "love". I want my husband to be home with me every night!

belanah 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-07, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail belanah Click to send private message to belanah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
I know in one of the episodes he told one of the girs that it wasn't his car

05-06-07, 05:12 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Is that really HIS car? Yacht?"
Yes, you are correct. Last week, he said that the car and yacht weren't his; that he drove a Jeep!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •