The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Now that it's over...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Irisheyes 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-25-00, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Irisheyes Click to send private message to Irisheyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Now that it's over...."
is everyone going to leave? The show is over, but the book is coming out soon and sad to say I will probably be the first one to buy it and finish it that night. I will miss everyone's posts, for they were very enjoyable. But I will still be around, anyone else?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Now that it's over.... Vampkira 08-25-00 1
 RE: Now that it's over.... Paulie 08-25-00 2
   RE: Now that it's over.... Irisheyes 08-25-00 3
       RE: Now that it's over.... Paulie 08-25-00 4
 RE: Now that it's over.... shanana banana 08-25-00 5
 RE: Now that it's over.... Cherberrie 08-25-00 6
 RE: Now that it's over.... SuperPole2000 08-27-00 7
   RE: Now that it's over.... freakydique 08-29-00 8
   RE: Now that it's over.... swimfin 08-29-00 9
       RE: Now that it's over.... SuperPole2000 08-29-00 10
           RE: Now that it's over.... swimfin 08-29-00 11
               RE: Now that it's over.... SuperPole2000 08-29-00 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Vampkira 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-25-00, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Vampkira Click to send private message to Vampkira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Now that it's over...."
I'll be here, lurking around...I also can't wait to read the book..But I REALLY can't wait till the three years is up, and the survivors are able to write one.( Gosh! I hope someone does. ) I'll bet THAT would be one hell of a read.

"Hey, we ARE on a game show!"- Colleen

Paulie 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-25-00, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Paulie Click to send private message to Paulie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Now that it's over...."
You know you can download the first three chapters of the book now for $2.75 at: http://www.contentville.com

The only drawback is that you have to read it from your computer thru MS reader but it is not that much of a hassle, it is not exactly a tough read.

I actually downloaded and read them yesterday. It is interesting to read how much Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst disliked almost all of the Pagong tribe except BB and Gretchen.

Irisheyes 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-25-00, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Irisheyes Click to send private message to Irisheyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Now that it's over...."
Paulie, is it worth it to download the chapters? I think I just want to wait for the whole thing, but I'm in need of a fix. Kinda like an addiction. Anything good yet in the chapters?

Paulie 19 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-00, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Paulie Click to send private message to Paulie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Now that it's over...."
Nothing really earth-shattering but it is worth the read. I know some of what is in the first chapters has already been reported but it was worth the 3 bucks.

Basically each chapter covers one episode of the show. There are some interesting tidbits in the first chapters. For example, Rich told everyone on the way to the island that he was married and had a kid and only told them he was gay and his son was adopted later on. Also, the book makes a few less than kind remarks about the people on Pagong saying Pagong was every bit as duplicitous as Tagi. Joel, Jenna and Greg come off not looking so good while it is really sympathetic to BB.

Bottom line is that there are some things that you already know but there are enough new things to make it worthwhile.

Hope that helps.
P

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-25-00, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Now that it's over...."
I imagine I'll continue to lurk about until Survivor II starts. Although the boards probably won't be as active, I imagine we can find some fun things to talk about: upcoming castaway commericals, interviews, "The Book," tidbits about S II. I'll tell you one thing, though, I'll be missing Island's summaries over the fall/winter. I hope he is contemplating a triumphant summary return for the Australian Outback!

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-25-00, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Now that it's over...."
Yes, I will still be lurking about (see...I'm still here now and the show is over!). I will continue to post stuff as I stumble across new tidbits of information in my worldly travels (around the Internet, that is).

SuperPole2000 120 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-00, 05:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SuperPole2000 Click to send private message to SuperPole2000 Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Now that it's over...."
Hey, can you guys who buy the book please post all the good stuff in it for us cheapskates. It would be much appreciated. SuperPole2000 the tightwad

freakydique 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-29-00, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail freakydique Click to send private message to freakydique Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Now that it's over...."
I hear ya there SuperPole..when is the book set to come out? I may just opt to sit in Barnes and Noble and read it there...

swimfin 13 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-00, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail swimfin Click to send private message to swimfin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Now that it's over...."
I have to admit that I bought the book in the 4th week or so. It is due to be shipped in early September, I believe. I'll post my thoughts as I read it, as well as a few quotes from it.

Some books I read while relaxing, some in the bathroom. This looks like a bathroom-book to me.

08-29-00, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SuperPole2000 Click to send private message to SuperPole2000 Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Now that it's over...."
Thank you swimfin. You are a boon to mooches everywhere.

swimfin 13 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-00, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail swimfin Click to send private message to swimfin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Now that it's over...."
The way I look at it, it is a win-win situation. You need information from the book, I need bathroom reading material.

08-29-00, 01:17 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Now that it's over...."
True enough, but thinking of what our mission statement might be causes me to shudder.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •