The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ageism"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

zulu227 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-22-02, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zulu227 Click to send private message to zulu227 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ageism"
This isn't the greatest crop of contestants -
but being on the older side myself, I'm much
amused to see that all the 20-somethings are gone,
two of the three 30-somethings are gone, and the
remainder are all the elders, except for Brian, and
Pastor John was booted early. So by that criteria,
Brian goes next and then Ted. Ha! Ha!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ageism BaquaR13 11-22-02 1
 RE: Ageism BMH 11-22-02 2
 RE: Ageism SteffiGurl 11-23-02 3
   RE: Ageism BMH 11-23-02 4
       RE: Ageism SteffiGurl 11-25-02 9
 RE: Ageism PhoenixMons 11-23-02 5
   RE: Ageism rockluver 11-23-02 6
 RE: Ageism bubbastan 11-23-02 7
   RE: Ageism I_AM_HE 11-23-02 8
       RE: Ageism toddE 11-26-02 12
 RE: Ageism Survivorchick 11-25-02 10
 RE: Ageism Kokoro 11-26-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-22-02, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ageism"
I was actually just thinking the opposite!! I actually liked some of the younger ones (especially Penny), so i wish they were still here. My ideal final four would have been: Ken, Erin, Penny, Jed!! ( i liked Jed!!! He left too early. )

The Reality Show Queens!!

BaQuAr13

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-22-02, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ageism"
I agree Baquar..this is why I am so disappointed by this season...It isn't that I don't like the older generation on survivor as a whole..I just naturally like the younger ones..cuz I am young myself...I mean at least in the other survivors the final 6 was more of a variety

S1~Rich,Kelly,Colleen,Rudy,Sean,and Sue

3 younger ppl(Sean,Colleen,Kelly)
3 older ppl (Rudy,Rich,Sue)

S2~Tina,Colby,Amber,Rodger,Liz,Keith

3 younger (Colby,Amber,Liz)
3 older (Tina,Rodger,Keith)

~However as a whole this cast was the youngest and most attractive in my opinion

S3~Ethan,Kim J,Teresa,Tom,Lex,Kim P

2 younger (Kim P,Ethan)
Lex and Teresa are somewhere in the middle..but closer to the older peeps
2 older (Tom and Kim J)

S4~Vecepia,Neleh,Sean,Kathy,Paschal,Robert

2 younger(Sean and Neleh)
Vecepia somewhere in the middle
3 older(Robert,Paschal,and Kathy)

I mean see what I am saying..I like variety..but I still wouldn't mind having a final 6 of all 20 and 30 year olds...But I feel cheated cuz the final 6 in S5..are almost all over 40..not cool

Ideal Final Four~Penny,Shii Ann,Jed,Ken

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-23-02, 04:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ageism"
I find it very intriguing that all the youngins are gone. It's definitely a first. Maybe there will we bill an all under 30 final six one day.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-23-02, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ageism"
Ya I am hoping for a all 35 and under final 6 for Survivor 6..but I won't hold my breath lol

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-25-02, 05:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ageism"
I hate to say it, because I'm under 35, but I think older contestants have that wisdom advantage. Ethan was a rare occasion. I don't doubt that some of the best Survivors will probably be older.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-23-02, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ageism"
Zulu,

I couldn't agree more. I think it's hilarious that after all this time, it's still the older folks (according to survivor casting, I'd place anyone at least hovering around 40 in the "older" batch) on top. They ALWAYS fare better in the long run than the younger ones. With the exception of Vee, every young survivor (as far as I can remember) who has done well has been attached to an "older" survivor (Kelly W had Sue till their little fall-out, Lis had Rodger, Ethan had Tom/Lex, etc.). At the beginning of the season I knew Jan chose wisely. My husband and I were in total disagreement and he said that SJ would kick CGs butt in this game. I, of course, told him CG would kick SJs butt if only because they are much more likely to get along and use their "life experience" to their advantage in terms of co-habiting, interpersonal relationships, etc.

I know I would have been thrilled to be on Jan's team!

rockluver 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-23-02, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rockluver Click to send private message to rockluver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ageism"
Shoudn't this be more on the basher forum ?

And I agree that next season should have more youngens in the final 6 .

bubbastan 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-23-02, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bubbastan Click to send private message to bubbastan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ageism"
Zulu, I am right there with you. Hovering rather close to the big 40 myself, I find it interesting to see that for the first time there is no one in the final six who is even in their early thirties.

The oldest winner so far has been either 40 or 41, so I think it would be cool to see one of the over 40 members pull off the big win.

Not that I have anything against the younger Survivors, I was definitely hoping for Ethan's win in S3, and I actually thought that Neleh did very well in S4, and was hoping that she would win over Vee (of course Kathy would have been my overall preference, since she made such an amazing comeback).

The show has proven that sex or race is not a factor in winning the whole thing, and I would like to see that age need not be a factor as well.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-23-02, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ageism"
another person in agreement here (and this from a younger person here)

while i'll usually be a big fan of one or two of the younger folk, its the older ones as a whole that I like better. almost all of the people i couldn't stand were younger (lindsey, brandon, silas, jerri, mitchell, kimmi, jeff, rob, gabe, sean, shii ann, robb)

with the exception of linda and ghandia, who weren't even all that old i don't think, i've liked all the older contestants just fine. maybe add debb in there, but we didn't really get to know her, so i'm not going to say i didn't like her based on so little exposure

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-26-02, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ageism"
The funny thing is, I'm NOT a younger person (age 38), yet many of the people I AM HE doesn't like are the ones I've most enjoyed--Lindsey, Silas, Brandon, Sean Rector, Jerri, Shii Ann--those are most of the more interesting characters. And I really don't think Jeff Varner qualifies as a younger one.

I guess I don't generally like the oldies. Carl and Linda were the all-time worst, but B.B., Maralyn, Keith, Kim J, Tom, Pastor John, Michael Skupin are among my unliked list as well. They have come off as awfully self-righteous, IMO. I do like batty Jan, and I liked Tina Helen, Rodger, Rudy, Paschal were all ok.

But the mix is crucial. A bunch of oldies, like the Chewies are now, is boring. But the high-school-popularity-contest Sook Jai was lame as well. I hope they don't pick teams again.

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-25-02, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ageism"
I'm a younger person as well and I have to agree that I like to see a variety. While I don't always root for the younger people, it would be nice to have seen someone make it further in this game. I don't discriminate though. My favourite in this game is Jake and he's the oldest guy out there.

Often the younger people cough*S3*cough seem a little bit lazy and immature. Too young (ie. Robb) gets on my nerves.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-26-02, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ageism"
I actually find this season really boring now that there's only old people left (not that many of the younger ones were all that interesting either). However, I like the older contestants better usually anyway. The 35+ers have always ruled the game and have always made the show more fun (even if you do root against them most of the time ;)

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •