The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So, has the scandal passed?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-10-05, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"So, has the scandal passed?"
There have been a few new cycles ABC's attack piece was designed to cripple FOX's rating bonanza.
Since that time, Ms. Abdul has appeared on SNL (involving yet another network) poking fun at the report, and herself.

There hasn't been a discernible hailstorm of requests for Abdul's ouster (though I do think she should go) and this week's episode is sure to feature Ryan Seacrest's obligatory "But first, we really do need to address (long pause) the songs for this week...", winking to the judges as he does so as if to suggest that they love the fact that controversy has struck yet again.
Indeed, if the ratings are up this week, they will have been indebted to ABC for the added exposure.

Given the age of the show and the shelf-life of novelty (not very long), it could well be that this was the best thing to hit AI in years...in the short run.

Excepting of course for Paula.
She should be given the option of resignation or termination with no third option, regardless of whether or not throngs of fans request it at this time.
These things don't just "go away" without some resolution. It could be that AI is simply holding things together until a suitable replacement is found.
That should happen before the start of next season, and I think in probably will.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So, has the scandal passed? Devious Weasel 05-10-05 1
   RE: So, has the scandal passed? nailbone 05-10-05 2
       RE: So, has the scandal passed? kahanasunset 05-10-05 3
 RE: So, has the scandal passed? Devious Weasel 05-10-05 4
   RE: So, has the scandal passed? ginger 05-10-05 5
   RE: So, has the scandal passed? Harrison 05-10-05 6
       RE: So, has the scandal passed? Devious Weasel 05-10-05 7
           RE: So, has the scandal passed? toddE 05-16-05 12
 RE: So, has the scandal passed? kahanasunset 05-11-05 8
 RE: So, has the scandal passed? zazzy 05-11-05 9
   RE: So, has the scandal passed? uglier than sarah w 05-12-05 10
       RE: So, has the scandal passed? seahorse 05-12-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-05, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: So, has the scandal passed?"
I'm actually thinking this has secured Paula's job for at least another year if not for as long as she wants it. Letting her go now would be an admission that she had done something wrong, and I don't think Fox would do that even if they felt that.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: So, has the scandal passed?"
I agree with Dweezil. I think they should replace Paula, but not for this scandal stuff. But it screws the timing up, so she'll be around at least another round.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-10-05, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: So, has the scandal passed?"
Agreed, and now Paula can't leave even though she wants to (to return to her solo career), because it would look like she has her tail between her legs.

05-10-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: So, has the scandal passed?"
By the way Harrison - have you ever visited the Off Topic Board? I think you'd fit in with us over there.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: So, has the scandal passed?"
Agreed (re Harrison).

I still would not be surprised if we hear that, due to all these "health issues", Paula decides to "take a breather" next season.

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-10-05, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: So, has the scandal passed?"
I can see your point with regard to the timing of Abdul's departure equating an admission of sorts (because it would, of course).

Still, I wonder which the producers would want to have more: the allegations, rumors and conspiracy theories which will result from keeping Paula, or the brief "AHA!" moment followed by a clean slate which would follow her departure.

Being a competition, AI lives and dies by remaining above reproach (the front office at the NBA will tell you that).
The very hint of impropriety can eat away at the show like a cancer.
Death by a thousand cuts.

I suspect that a mutually gratifying "solution" will be concocted by both parties (Abdul and AI) and, in the end, she'll be out the door.
While they could lose face in seeing her go, American Idol stands to lose much more by keeping her.

**I will stop by the OT forum to see what's going on there.
Thanks for the invite!

05-10-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
7. "RE: So, has the scandal passed?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-05 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

Here's a statement from the Idol Web site:

STATEMENT FROM AMERICAN IDOL PRODUCERS
We have concerns about the motives behind the purported news special, as much of it was filled with rumor, speculation and assertions from a disqualified contestant who admitted during the special to telling lies. Regardless, we are absolutely committed to the fairness of this competition. We take any accusations of this nature very seriously, no matter their source, and we have already begun looking into them.
Despite documented procedures and multiple opportunities, as well as contractual requirements for contestants to raise any concerns, we were never notified or contacted by Mr. Clark or any other individual, nor presented any evidence concerning these claims.

Upon recently hearing rumors of Mr. Clark's claims, we contacted him and requested that he detail his accusations to us. That has yet to happen.

It should also be noted that the ultimate decision on which contestants move forward on "American Idol" has always been determined by the voting public. We have gone to great lengths and great expense to create a voting system that is fair and reliable. Judges may offer opinions, but viewers vote using their own subjective criteria; and it is the voters who ultimately determine each season's American Idol.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-16-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: So, has the scandal passed?"
Upon recently hearing rumors of Mr. Clark's claims, we contacted him and requested that he detail his accusations to us. That has yet to happen.

Well, not that I would normally watch him, but I was channel surfing and came across Corey Clark on Howard Stern. He certainly couldn't have given more details than he gave there. I was amazed by what Corey said. He is vulgar and uncouth, and apparently never wants to work in the industry again. But he totally had an affair with Paula, for sure!

He seemed like such a bobo, too. I kept thinking of Vili Falau, like "what exactly did she SEE in this dumb bell to take such risks with him?"

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-11-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: So, has the scandal passed?"
Didn't want to start a new thread so putting this here.

If Paula had always been (and would continue to be) like she was last night, we could live with her more. She obviously decided to play it more straight (for lack of a better description) and it showed. Or maybe she was admonished to do so.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-11-05, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: So, has the scandal passed?"
CNN headline news has an entertainment hour and Friday night? they had Corey on with Treneyce and another former contestant from his season talking about Corey's accusations...and they showed a poll about whether Paula should lose her job or not:

71 percent said she should NOT lose her job
29 pervent said she should lose her job

Based on public opinion and how Idol has handled all of this; it is extremely doubtful that Paula would lose her job.

I also saw an interview with the AI producer who said they were behind her and another with Simon C., same thing.

Paula is safe. Corey will fade away. His book will be remaindered and it remains to be seen whether his CD will sell; whether he gets a second one and so one.

One thing I think we can be sure of--we will not be seeing Corey spotlighted, sitting in the AI audience for one of the future shows.

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-05, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: So, has the scandal passed?"
doubtful...i saw on msn that the fcc is looking into allegations of cheating and comparing it to the 1950s game show fixes!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: So, has the scandal passed?"
The FCC will need a lot more proof than Corey supplied.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •