The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did you vote? Could you get through?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-04-05, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did you vote? Could you get through?"
I tried to vote for Bo and it was constantly busy. I got through 3 times over two hours. I even tried that call service thing where you in punch in a code for it to call you back when the line is free, but it never called me back. I tried Anthony's line after 10pm to see if it were as busy and it was-- I did not get through and I only tried it for a few calls.

Did anyone else try? Did you get through?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... BriarRosie 05-04-05 1
 RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... Glow 05-04-05 2
   RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... theking0075 05-04-05 3
   RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... zazzy 05-04-05 4
       RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... Glow 05-04-05 5
 RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... dragonflies 05-04-05 6
   RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... zazzy 05-04-05 11
       RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... dragonflies 05-04-05 15
 RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... Snidget 05-04-05 7
 RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... bostonrobfan 05-04-05 8
   RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... zazzy 05-04-05 9
   RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... Flairmarq 05-04-05 10
       RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... zazzy 05-04-05 13
 RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... aquariaqueen 05-04-05 12
 RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... Harrison 05-04-05 14
   RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... yankee fan 05-04-05 16
       RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... frisky 05-04-05 17
           RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... kahanasunset 05-04-05 18
               RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... theking0075 05-04-05 21
               RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... skyhoneybear 05-04-05 25
                   RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... frisky 05-04-05 26
                   RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... kahanasunset 05-04-05 27
           RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... ChaTTerBoxX 05-04-05 19
   RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... DonnaLynn 05-04-05 32
       RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... zazzy 05-04-05 33
           RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... zazzy 05-04-05 34
 RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... Ellehcar71 05-04-05 20
 I got through moonbaby 05-04-05 22
 RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... tamarama 05-04-05 23
 RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... thndrkttn 05-04-05 24
 RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... Maroonclown 05-04-05 28
   RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... lovwigglesworth 05-04-05 29
       RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... Maroonclown 05-04-05 31
   RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... Snidget 05-04-05 30
 RE: Did you vote? Could you get th... Drive My Car 05-05-05 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-04-05, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
Text messages.

I threw plenty of votes at Bo. Hope they stick.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-05, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
I tried off and on for two hours, as I usually do. I didn't get through at all, as I usually do not.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-04-05, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
>I tried off and on for
>two hours, as I usually
>do. I didn't get
>through at all, as I
>usually do not.
>

Same Here! I couldn't get through on the Bo or Scott line last night.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

05-04-05, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
Glow, was that for Bo (like we need to ask! ) ? Anyone else?

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
LOL. Good guess! No. Nobody else.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
I started trying 1 1/2 hours after show ended. It took me about 15 min to get through about 10 times. Then the lines opened up a bit, although I still got a lot more busy/no connection signals than in past weeks. Also tried Carrie, only got a busy.

another syren masterpiece

05-04-05, 10:43 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
Who were you able to get through on? Bo? Someone else?

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
I got through on Bo. Tried Carrie with no luck

another syren masterpiece

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
I tried from about 9:45 to 10 pm to get through for anybody but Scott. The only one I got through on was Vonzell about 3 times. Called at least a dozen times each and that was the only line I got through on.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-04-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
I got through and voted for A-Fed about 5 times.

05-04-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
Who?

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
I got through on Carrie an hour after the lines were open. I tried initially 10 times to call her number. I got Anthony's after seven tries 15 min after the lines opened. So, I am thinking Anthony is in the bottom three and more than likely gone.

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

05-04-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
I was wondering if we could predict the bottom 2 or 3 tonight from the phone traffic last night--if Bo is in the bottom 3 even I will be ticked off because that will meant they do not have enough phone line support AGAIN and it is unfair to the contestants.

Sounds like Anthony and Vonzel may be in the bottom 2 from what the call traffic has been like so far.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-04-05, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
It took over an hour for the Vonzell lines to open up, and that was just a little bit.

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-04-05, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
I've never actually voted (never will), but I'd have assumed that the process would be easier than you've described.

There have been allegations about impropriety with voting results etc, perhaps the show (amid these claims) is redoubling its effort to keep things "above board".

In any case, your inability to get through seems like yet another reason that a 'one phone-one vote' policy should be instituted no later than at the beginning of next season.

yankee fan 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-04-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail yankee%20fan Click to send private message to yankee%20fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-05 AT 02:00 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-04-05 AT 01:58 PM (EST)

I did get through to vote within an hour of the show ending.
I voted for Bo (four times) and my husband voted for Carrie (twice)! This was all before 10 p.m., eastern time.
I heard lots of people are voting for Scott to get him to win as a kind of joke! That's so wrong!
I guess they do have to figure out some sort of "fair" system.
Until, then, I will vote for Bo as long as I'm awake!
I really think Bo are Carrie and "head and shoulders" above the other three.
And then I think Bo will win!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
I heard lots of people are voting for Scott to get him to win as a kind of joke! That's so wrong!

And why, may I ask, is it so wrong?

I guess they do have to figure out some sort of "fair" system.

And as of this season, there is no motivation to do this. This phone-lines-tied-up-forever business happens year-after-year, and each year a marketable person wins. The Scott Plan isn't just a joke, it's a ploy to force a change in the voting system.

Don't get me wrong, I *heart* Bo, but I want him to stop short of winning the "American Idol" title because it's cheesy, which he isn't.

The world is my litterbox.

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
Totally agreed, Frisky. Let Carrie win it. Bo will be successful no matter what. Have we seen Fantastia?? Where the eff is she? Why isn't she visiting the show? Why don't we see more of her. Bleh.

I cringe to think what will happen to Bo if he wins AI. We can only hope that Fox'll take AI to a different level if Bo wins. However, I'm not naive enough to believe that Fox will.

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
>Have we seen Fantastia?? Where the eff is she?

Doing voices for the Simpsons.

By the way, I've thought the same thing you are saying about Bo. It would be a little lame if he won.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

skyhoneybear 158 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyhoneybear Click to send private message to skyhoneybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
Actually Fantasia's songs are playing on the R&B stations and some of those mixed stations. She is also on the Russ Parr Morning Radion show on Friday's giving $500 to single parents to help pay for their child care.

Don't hate untill you have all the facts.

"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a grown a$$ kid"---Kanye West "Through the Fire"
"If Karma is a boomerang, I will see you sooner than later."---Will, Big Brother 5, USA

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
That's nice for her, but I see bigger and better things for Bo, and I think he's capable of reaching greater heights using his own creative juices rather than being tied down to a contract that will dictate his music, his style and his audience.

The world is my litterbox.

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-05 AT 01:27 PM (EST)

I wasn't hating, I was just wondering why Fox doesn't showcase Fantasia more. They may be waiting until the end. We'll see.

ChaTTerBoxX 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-04-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ChaTTerBoxX Click to send private message to ChaTTerBoxX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
Ok.. I tried to vote for this years next American Idol Carrie from 8:57 - 11:00 with some breaks in between!! =) But none longer than maybe 10 mins. And I NEVER got thru, which I am taking as a good sign, but I feel alittle bit of guilt for not using my "voice" to vote for the best!!!!!!!!!! (IMO) Also, with Constantine gone, It's kinda a wake up call 2 vote!! This is the 1st time this season that I haven't been able to get through with my vote. So.. I am glad to hear of you that did get thru! LUCKY DOGS!!!! ;)

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-04-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"

>In any case, your inability to
>get through seems like yet
>another reason that a 'one
>phone-one vote' policy should be
>instituted no later than at
>the beginning of next season.
>

I also have not voted before and don't plan to, but what really bothers me is that it appears that most of the fans vote for a bunch of people "got thru for Carrie and Vonzel" or "voted for everybody but scott". How in the world is this fair? If you place one vote for Bo and one vote for Carrie they cancel each other out! HELLO! What am I missing here? Why would anyone vote for someone other than who they want to win???

Anyone else here also think that Idol needs to limit the voting to one call from each telephone and that's it. No more multiples...

--Donna :~)

05-04-05, 05:15 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
Donna,

At this point in the contest they will show us the top 2 and the bottom three, then the bottom two and then announce the boot.

Voting for more than one can help separate the top vote getters from the bottom three or two.

If you voted, say 10 times for all five, then that would be cancelling the votes out. But you could vote for 4 of the 5 without and still be helping make an impact on the one who did not get votes.

Maybe some people like more than one contestant and would be happy to see more than one win--and so they vote for each of the people they would like to win.

05-04-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
P.S. One thing I like about tonight is that you can get a sense of the contestants' ranking. There will be two front runners and then the bottom three but since Ryan will tell us which of the three is safe before the break, we'll know the third and fourth place contestants by the end of the show. My guess is that tonight's rankings will hold through the rest of the Idol shows (unless there is something odd, like Bo getting the boot) and we'll know who is destined for final two tonight.

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
I didn't start voting until 10:30, and I was able to get through on Bo's line about 30 out of 40 times (just a guess - I always plan to count but lose track around 5.) I thought I'd throw Baby V a few, too, but was only able to get through twice in about 10 tries.

At that point, I thought, "Bo's in trouble." But, historically, I don't think we can make accurate guesses based on the number of busy signals.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "I got through "
to vote for Bo and I started dialing about 9:45. I got lots of busy signals and voted about 5 times.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-04-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
Voted for Bo -- of course!!

I got TONS of busy signals, but managed to get through about 6-7 times.

I hit redial pretty consistently through the 2nd half of TAR, and L&O/Jury (kick-arse! Alfred Molina, Angela Lansbury & Bradley Cooper!).

Plus, I continued to try beyond the 2 hour limit, and got through once or twice then -- I don't know if it's because they don't REALLY shut down the phone lines region by region, or because I call on a cell phone & they don't know where I am -- although my area code should tip them off. Is it even possibly to block by area code? Is it only possible to block land lines?

I'm in Central time zone, so my 2 hour cut-off (10pm) is right when Pacific is starting to call, right?

I confuse myself. Anywho, I kept trying. I checked back shortly before midnight CST, which would be right before the Pacific cut-off, and got nothing but busys.

Does anyone know what it sounds like when the lines are actually closed?

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-04-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"

I *tried* to vote for Carrie no less than 25-30 times and NEVER got through whether is was 9:01 or 10:00 or 10:59. Never got through.

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
Having never voted (blame Canada) I am curious as to what some folks have been saying about trying to figure out whose lines is busy and who's line is not.

If you call, say, Anthony's line just to see if you can get through, are you not then placing a vote for him, as unintentioanl as it would be?

Or can you hang up as soon as it starts ringing and not have the vote be counted.

Please enlighten this little Canuck who cannot for the life of her figure out why Pillsbury Psycho and Anthony Federup-to-here are still on that stage?

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-04-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
The phone has to be answered. So if you just get busy, it is not a vote yet. If the call is answered the vote is in for that number you called. It is just a recording, you don't talk to anyone or push a button or anything.
I tried four different numbers last night (everyone BUT Scott)and got through for Carrie, Anthony, and Vonzell but not Bo. Not that my one vote will mean a lot when others are voting 300 times for people. I'm sure Bo will have enough votes without my one going through.

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
Thanks lov. Helpful to know but that just blows my theory for why those two lunkheads are still there.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"
Yep you do end up casting a vote in their general direction. But if you are going to vote many times for someone else a quick check to see if the person you don't want to win has clear lines is usually worth the risk, and if it is busy I think people feel they need to vote for the person they want to all the more.

I've done it a few times if I am having problems getting through just to make sure I can get through. Now that the vote totals are so high I do not know how much difference between the the high vote getters and low ones are for time to get through. I think they are all probably pretty crowded (and it usually get worse at the stage when there are only a few to vote for in the getting through on any line thing)

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-05, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Did you vote? Could you get through?"

I'm done voting, the Constantine thing left a bad taste for me.
BUT! My child decided she wants Vonzell to make it, so I set her up to vote and she called for a half hour straight, got through several times but it was mostly busy.

I called for Nikko for 2 hours straight, got through probably 200 times, but that was the night they screwed up the phone numbers and then had a re-vote. I was pissed. My power voting days were over, I voted some after, but not like that again.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •