The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Live jury tally is DURING the 2-hr finale..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

frogspit 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-01, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frogspit Click to send private message to frogspit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Live jury tally is DURING the 2-hr finale..."
and NOT during the one-hour reunion show.

For what it's worth, the live tally of the jury's final votes will take place DURING (at the end of) the two-hour finale. For all we know the live tally could even take place in the Outback... but it WILL be -during- the two-hour finale. There is every reason to believe that the long speeches, etc, could take place just as they did last season... and then after the last commercial the votes would be tallied live either in the studio or in the Outback. There is no reason to think that it cannot be a Tina/Keith (or Colby/Keith) F2 and a near sweep if the live tally is done during the two-hour finale. It is only AFTER the two-hour finale that the one-hour live reunion show takes place with the winner already known. Essentially it's going to done EXACTLY as it was for S1 -- only difference being the tally is done live... big deal.

This from the CBS Survivor email newsletter:

"This Thursday night at 8pm ET/PT, you can witness the event that
millions of SURVIVOR fans have been waiting for. Colby, Keith or Tina --
Who will be the ultimate Survivor? A live tally of the jury's final votes will reveal the winner and cap the gripping two-hour finale. Then, all 16 Survivors will gather for a live reunion show."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 just a questoin Lightmage81 05-02-01 1
   Magic of tape delay sleeeve 05-02-01 2
       RE: Magic of tape delay SurvivorBlows 05-02-01 3
           RE: Magic of tape delay Outfrontgirl 05-03-01 4
               RE: Magic of tape delay frogspit 05-03-01 6
           RE: Magic of tape delay brain 05-03-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-02-01, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "just a questoin"
>"This Thursday night at 8pm ET/PT,
>you can witness the event

if it is going to be "live" at 8pm ET then how can it also be "live" at 8pm PT?

I do not live in USA so can someone please enlighten me.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-02-01, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Magic of tape delay"
Through the magic of tape delay, we will be able to watch it in the Pacific Time Zone LIVE! (recorded from an earlier live broadcast)... just like every other live television event.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-02-01, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Magic of tape delay"
...except sporting events

This is one of the reasons I could never imagine living on the West Coast... events are tape delayed... markets close at 1PM... and let's not talk about your stone age-like lack of electric power, you poor bastards

But I to have to say it's always a nice place to visit

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-01, 02:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Magic of tape delay"
Frogspit,
Since the reunion show is being broadcast live from Los Angeles, it's not very likely in terms of time/space physics that the live portion of the Finale could take place in the Outback just prior to that.

To our non USA resident:
As to how a taped, delayed broadcast can be termed "live"--unlike the standard taped show where a variety of footage may be taken and the taping stopped while various setups or retakes are done, the "live" show is taped in real time and the decisions on which cameras to cut to, etc. must be made in the moment rather than later. Plus they can't edit out the content, so there's more possibility that something wild can end up broadcast:
example: years ago, streakers across the stage at the Oscars, if memory serves.

SB, I was hurt at first that you couldn't imagine living on the West Coast, but really there are plenty of people here who wouldn't live anywhere else, too many--not that I would want you to cut off our lifeline to staying current on Survivor, the West Coast update thread.

It would be unfortunate if the Survivor show taping in LA was interrupted by a rolling blackout and couldn't go forward until everyone on the East Coast was past their bedtime, while we on the West Coast were just watching the sun set into the ocean...

I just saw a preview of the Finale, at 11:30pm PT, or 2:30 ET, so if it wasn't shown on the East Coast tonight, you can read all about it when you wake up...

frogspit 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-03-01, 04:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frogspit Click to send private message to frogspit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Magic of tape delay"
>Frogspit,
>Since the reunion show is being broadcast live from Los Angeles,
>it's not very likely in terms of time/space physics that the live >portion of the Finale could take place in the Outback just prior to
>that.

I don't think it's very likely either. I only threw that in to make the distinction that the live tally and live reunion need not be tied together. The live tally -could- take place in the Outback (logistics permitting) for nothing more than EFFECT. I can just see it... after the last commercial with about ten minutes left in the finale, MB's mug comes on from the Outback and announces that it's now been about five months and Jeffy is finally going to count the ballots LIVE before our eyes from the Outback while the 'survivors' are ogling the screen in the studio... hehe.

brain 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-03-01, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brain Click to send private message to brain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Magic of tape delay"
Like Webby said... except for sporting events and it makes it all worth while when there is a good Monday Night Football game and we got to watch it all and still get to bed before 1 in the morning.

Or during the '91 World Series and they had the two mid-week games in Atlanta that were pushing 3am local time because of extra innings. I was in bed before midnight.

Or how bout not getting the complete list of box scores from the previous nights games. That would drive me nuts.

I could never imagine living on the left coast.

Besides, who really cares if I don't get to see Saturday Night Live live. It'll still suck just as badly on tape delay.

Brain

-----------------
Doing the same thing everynight since 1993

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •