The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why Aren't the Numbers Posted????"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

GreenChili 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-28-05, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GreenChili Click to send private message to GreenChili Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why Aren't the Numbers Posted????"
Are there other people out there who would like the actual numbers of votes received by the contestants posted on the official Idol site each week? After the elimation show, I think that the actual number of votes received by each contestant should be posted. I would love to know whether a contestant lost by 10,000 votes, 1,000 votes or 100 votes. The fact that the "public" never gets to know the actual number of votes casts suspicion on the process. I don't see what the big deal is, unless the results aren't what they seem to be.

I sent the network an email today asking that they consider posting the results on the official site.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted??... EmpressEmmie 04-28-05 1
   RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted??... bystander 04-29-05 2
 RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted??... GreenChili 04-30-05 3
 RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted??... Spidey 04-30-05 4
   RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted??... EmpressEmmie 04-30-05 5
       RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted??... AprilleW 04-30-05 6
   RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted??... seahorse 05-03-05 10
 RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted??... silvergenie 05-01-05 7
   RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted??... SouperStar 05-03-05 12
 RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted??... beau_30 05-03-05 8
   RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted??... seahorse 05-03-05 9
       Fishy Numbers tamarama 05-03-05 11
           RE: Fishy Numbers seahorse 05-03-05 13
 RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted??... pinay_racer 05-03-05 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

EmpressEmmie 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-28-05, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EmpressEmmie Click to send private message to EmpressEmmie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted????"
I agree! It would certainly motivate the viewers into voting more for their favorites if they knew how "low" or "high" they were. Ofcourse that's assuming our votes count... or are even counted... =)

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-29-05, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted????"
How can your votes really count when the phone lines are open for "at least 2 hour". What is that? Is that so if they don't get the results they want they will just let more people call in until they match the outcome they want??

GreenChili 3 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-05, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GreenChili Click to send private message to GreenChili Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted????"
I agree. The fact that the voting process is so skewed to begin with is an even worse problem. Where is the fairness when people are clearly abusing the system? The voting process has be be tightened up and secured. And "America" has got to be shown the votes. The way things are now, it is just not working.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-30-05, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted????"
Consider that if they DID show the figures and, say, Carrie (gag!) was winning in a run away and had millions more votes each week than anyone else, wouldn't that take all the "fun" out of watching?

EmpressEmmie 15 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EmpressEmmie Click to send private message to EmpressEmmie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted????"
I disagree Spidey... knowing that "Barbie" was in the lead by 10,000 votes or "Dough-thug-boy" was squaking ahead by a mere 100... would motivate the fan bases of other IMHO more worthy singers... like Bo... or Nadia... Anwar... or Connie.

AprilleW 15 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-05, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AprilleW Click to send private message to AprilleW Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted????"
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-05 AT 10:37 PM (EST)

This is a huge concern to me. I smelled something majorly fishy last week. I called in for Constantine (as usual) for two hours and got many, many busy signals. And yet he had the lowest number of votes. I know I am not the only one who has felt the sting of losing their fav but this voting process is questionable at best.

I wish I knew what they could do to improve it. I understand what was said before. Letting everyone know that one contestant was running away with it (like Fembot Carrie) would take away some of the fun ... but there must be a better way than what we have now.

For all we know letting the public "vote" is just a gimmick.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted????"
You are absolutely right on why the numbers are not posted, FOX wants it to be a surprise as to who the winner will be. If one person always geets the most votes by a wide margin., the surpise would be gone.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

silvergenie 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silvergenie Click to send private message to silvergenie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted????"
I watched another show where Ryan Seacrest was a guest and he specified on the air that Constantine received 23.2 million votes! I will remember that number for a long time. However he made no mention of any other contestant vote numbers at all.!!!That's all I can say about that.Oh, by the way, I just looooove Constantine!

SouperStar 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-03-05, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SouperStar Click to send private message to SouperStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted????"
SeaQuest said that Constantine had received 23 million votes THIS SEASON.
He had that many votes over how ever many weeks he's been voted on.

beau_30 952 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-03-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted????"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-05 AT 10:55 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-03-05 AT 10:54 AM (EST)

There was link posted here
www.livejournal.com/community/constantine_m and somebody had posted the votes link to another persons journal but the link was blocked after a while. But luckily someone had enough to catch the total votes of last weeks show. His friend worked for the fox network and spilled and told him the votes, but the guy wants to be kept secert. Yeah that is a little supicious but I believe it.
The totals are like this for Tuesdays Nights Shows
Carrie had 3,000,000 votes
Bo had 2,000,000 votes
Constantine had 2,000,000 Votes
Vonzell had 1,000,000 votes
Anthony had 1,000 votes
Scott only had 700 votes.
That was the score tally that the person posted from the phone lines. Something is fishy, well we will wait and see about the behind the scenes of American Idol. Forgot to mention that if you look closely at the credits for the american idol, at the end it says "The votes are not always accuarte and we can change it if we like" its like very small print.

05-03-05, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted????"
I can assure you that Scott and Anthony had many more votes than that. If your numbers were right, those 2 would never have gotten any busy signals on their lines and one person could vote several hundred times for them in a 2 hour period.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-03-05, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Fishy Numbers"
Plus...

Going by the total number of votes Ryan has been giving, there's somewhere around 30 Mil votes per week. I think the last "Record number of votes" he hit us with was about 34 Mil 2 weeks ago. If this week had topped that, he surely would have announced it.

That being said, there had to be fewer than 34Mil votes this week...if Constantine had gotten 23.2 Mil, there's no way he could have been booted.

Also, according to Beau30's numbers for the conspiracy theory, there were only 8,001,700 votes...I don't believe the total votes would have fallen from 34 Mil to 8 Mil.

It's a bit hard to believe that the difference between contestants could be in the millions. They've got to be closer than that at this late stage of the game.

I also don't believe the show has anything to gain by fudging numbers to boot a contestant that's doing well.

05-03-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Fishy Numbers"
"It's a bit hard to believe that the difference between contestants could be in the millions. They've got to be closer than that at this late stage of the game."

Especially with the phone line situation With the limited phone lines the actual votes are probably pretty close because when many people vote for one contesants they just have a lot more busy signals whereas if a contestant gets less votes a much higher percentage of the votes get thru.

"I also don't believe the show has anything to gain by fudging numbers to boot a contestant that's doing well."

Agreed, AI is their ratings Bonanza. They would be crazy to attempt to fix the outcome and risk getting caught.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

pinay_racer 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-03-05, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinay_racer Click to send private message to pinay_racer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Why Aren't the Numbers Posted????"
just a thought..maybe scott's group does more of the text messaging thing rather than call. after all, when you send a text message, there arent any busy signals.

what i'd like to know is out of the total # of votes, what is the percentage that comes from text votes, and what comes from the 570_ numbers.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •