The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Full Monty at the 19th Hole"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-07-04, 03:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Full Monty at the 19th Hole"
This probably should have been a Florida case given the circumstances.
If I was judge Weimer and this was my 15 minutes of fame, I think I’d shoot myself.

Court rejects men-dining-nude claim
Orders club to let women into restaurant
Tuesday, July 6, 2004 Posted: 10:12 PM EDT (0212 GMT) \NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (AP) -- The Louisiana Supreme Court ordered a country club to open its men-only restaurant to women, rejecting claims that members sometimes dine there in the nude.
"In the twenty-first century, it is simply archaic to cite protection of women from the sights and sounds of a locker room environment as an excuse for excluding them from the public dining area as it exists in this country club," Justice John L. Weimer wrote for the unanimous court.
Tuesday's decision upheld an appeals court ruling against Southern Trace Country Club in Shreveport. The club has three restaurants; only The Men's Grille is open Sundays.
According to the high court, the club failed to prove its claim that allowing women into the restaurant would violate men's privacy.
Weimer noted a privacy screen is often put in the hall between the restaurant and locker room so women can dine in the restaurant.
Though witnesses testified some men eat at the restaurant dressed in a towel or nothing at all, that violates the club's own dress code requiring "casual but appropriate attire" in dining areas, Weimer wrote.
The locker room itself has tables where men can eat, he added.
"When the men-only discriminatory policy is eliminated, use of the privacy screen and enforcement of the dress code ... will maintain the men's locker room environment inviolate and at the same time accommodate those members and guests of both genders who have no penchant for dining in an area with men in various stages of undress," Weimer wrote.
Julie Lafargue had sued the club and its owner, Club Corporation of America, after she and two friends went to The Men's Grille after playing a Sunday round of golf in 2000. One of her guests and three other female club members also are plaintiffs.
A lower court judge ruled the discrimination was reasonable because it was "dictated by economic reasons, and not an intent to discriminate," Weimer noted. But he said that would be like letting airlines keep men from being flight attendants because passengers are thought to prefer attractive women in the job.
"We always thought we were right," said Allison Jones, attorney for the women.
Southern Trace issued a statement saying it would comply with the court's ruling.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*I'm so glad justice prevailed in this case*

The Order of Banana Delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Full Monty at the 19th Hole CantStandToLook 07-07-04 1
 RE: The Full Monty at the 19th Hole arkiegrl 07-07-04 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-04, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Full Monty at the 19th Hole"
lol...the only way this story could be funnier is if the judges name were Weiner instead of Weimer which is how I read it anyway

Handcrafted by RollDdice
The Fellowship of the Banana has begun.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-04, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Full Monty at the 19th Hole"
The locker room has tables so the men can eat in there??? WTF???
Why would anyone want to eat in the locker room?

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •