The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SPOILER from ET website......"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

AtlantisRoyal 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-19-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AtlantisRoyal Click to send private message to AtlantisRoyal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SPOILER from ET website......"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-05 AT 03:59 PM (EST)

Okay, I hope I did this spoiler thing right.....
Confirmed songs for tonight for 3 of the finalists:

Anwar --"September" Earth, Wind, and Fire
Carrie -- "MacArthur Park" Donna Summers
Constantine -- "Nights on Broadway" Bee Gees

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SPOILER from ET website...... Lisapooh 04-19-05 1
   RE: SPOILER from ET website...... Lisapooh 04-19-05 3
       OMH! PhoenixMons 04-19-05 11
 Please edit your post Bebo 04-19-05 2
 RE: SPOILER from ET website...... geekboy 04-19-05 4
 "September"- Anwar's Choice MarleyCat 04-19-05 5
   RE: "September"- Anwar's Choice JOSHIDOL 04-19-05 6
   RE: "September"- Anwar's Choice Breezy 04-19-05 7
 Secret confession to make... lovwigglesworth 04-19-05 8
 Constantine -- "Nights on Broadway"... MarleyCat 04-19-05 9
 Eeeek! PhoenixMons 04-19-05 10
 Why, oh, why Ellehcar71 04-19-05 12
   What disco song did Fantasia do? niteowl 04-20-05 13
       RE: What disco song did Fantasia do... PhoenixMons 04-20-05 14
 RE: SPOILER from ET website...... theking0075 04-20-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-19-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SPOILER from ET website......"
MacArthur Park? Oh Lord.

I hope Constantine changes the words up to be
talking it out!
On the Barry Gibb Talk Show

that would rock!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SPOILER from ET website......"
ok - I had to go google the lyrics because I really don't want to work today.

Talkin' it up!
On The Barry Gibb Talk Show
Talkin' about issues
Talkin' about real important issues
Talkin' it up!
On The Barry Gibb Talk Show
Checkin' out politics
In this crazy, crazy tow-own!"

We.. have.. bee-en..
"Talkin' it up
On The Barry Gibb Talk Show!
Talkin' about chest hair
Talkin' about crazy cool medallions!
Talkin' it up
On The Barry Gibb Talk Show!

I will be singing this all dang day now.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-19-05, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "OMH!"
That was freaking hilarious! That skit was one of the funniest I've seen on SNL in a while.

Got blog?

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-05, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Please edit your post"
Please put some breaks between some of those asterisks - having one line like that is wreaking havoc on page widths. Thanks.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-19-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SPOILER from ET website......"
WHY? oh WHY?! oh WHY!!!!!

McArthur Park .. AGAIN?!?!?!

Besides the fact that it has some of the dumbest lyrics in a song ever....why do people repeatedly do this song? Its bad enough Ms. Donna Summer had to do it on the show....

I wholeheartedly endorse a 'Banned Song' list on AI, and add this to it along with many many many others.

geekboy

MarleyCat 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-19-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MarleyCat Click to send private message to MarleyCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. ""September"- Anwar's Choice"
I love this song! I'm showing my age by admitting that I still have the 45 record of this from back in the day.

How Anwar will do with it, we will have to see.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-19-05, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "September"- Anwar's Choice"
"September" is a great song and I would think a good choice for Anwar.
What was Carrie thinking when she chose that song? Of all the songs she took that one?? She better nail it or she will see her first Bottom 3.
Not even sure if Constantine can pull off that song a Bee Gees but we will see.
Wonder why they only gave us these and none of the others?
Can't wait to see what Scott is singing. ughhh..
Also wonder if Anthony will repeat Clay's disco night performance of "Everlasting Love"

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: "September"- Anwar's Choice"
I love this song too, I sure hope he does it justice.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-19-05, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Secret confession to make..."
I love the BeeGees.

I also love Earth, Wind, and Fire and can't wait for Anwar's version. I hope he lives up to his earlier semi-final performances.

MarleyCat 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-19-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MarleyCat Click to send private message to MarleyCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Constantine -- "Nights on Broadway" Bee Gees "
I had to look up this song because I didn't recognize it. Not really exciting to my ears. Out of all the Disco songs to pick this...Might be his first bad song choice.

04-19-05, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Eeeek!"
I get disco as a theme for my summary week! I was really hoping for big band or Motown

Anyway...I have to disagree with those who said Anwar's choice was a good one. I love the song, but on him I think it will lend to a dreadful performance. He is soooooo uncoordinated and it's kinda hard to sing a song like September without moving. Plus, I don't think he's sounded so hot when he's singing uptempo stuff (I don't like him anyway, but he's better when he sings ballads, IMO).

And I'm scared for Carrie with her selection. Yikes.

Constantine's choice should be pretty good for him...not very vocally impressive compared to some of his latest choices, though.

I'm curious to see what the others choose. Vonzell will no doubt do something fun and popular. On the Radio would be fun...she seems like a Lady Marmalade type gal, too - that style would be good for her...maybe I'm Every Woman

Scott should do Working my Way Back to You (The Spinners) or maybe some Barry White (and hopefully it'll be arranged in a key that suits him this time) - You're the First, My Last, My Everything, perhaps...

Hopefully Anthony will do something fairly uptempo (like last week, which was a HUGE improvement from weeks past) - no clue what would 'work' with him and disco though.

No clue on what Bo might do as disco-era rock stuff is so totally out of my musical comfort zone...

Tonight should be interesting to say the least...

Got blog?

Ellehcar71 163 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-19-05, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ellehcar71 Click to send private message to Ellehcar71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Why, oh, why"
must they always do a disco night? I enjoy a little disco now and then (being a child of the '70s), but it just can't be redone! Plus, the ambiguity of the category drives me crazy! MacArthur Park just doesn't give the same effect as YMCA. And even if they defined it further to only include dance music, or something, do we really want to see ANY of these guys doing these songs? Remember how horrid Fantasia sounded on disco night last year? UGH!

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-20-05, 03:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "What disco song did Fantasia do?"
Do you remember what she sang that night?

04-20-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
14. "RE: What disco song did Fantasia do?"
They each did two songs on Disco night (as if one wasn't enough), but I think the poster was referencing "Holding Out for a Hero", arguably Fantasia's worst performance.

A little bit of info on that song selection (from a Time magazine article in May '04)

Sometimes, the lessons backfire. Rehearsing for last week's disco night, Barrino was ready to perform the Emotions' Best of My Love. Vocal coach Debra Byrd, musical director Michael Orland and co-executive producer Nigel Lythgoe felt the song didn't showcase her well enough. "I'm just not sure what you'll gain from singing it," said Lythgoe. Instead, Byrd handed Barrino Holding Out for a Hero, the Bonnie Tyler anthem from Footloose. "That's the kind of song that gets you votes," said Lythgoe. It's easy to see why they felt that way: the song is dramatic, with big, brassy notes. It's also a gooey slick of '80s cheese whose histrionics aren't well suited to Barrino's funky style and slinky voice. (It's not really disco, either.) On the show, the judges singled out the song as a terrible choice, and Barrino finished second to last.

I have a feeling that Fantasia's big band selections were probably "chosen" for her in this same sort of 'hinted' fashion.

Got blog?

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-20-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SPOILER from ET website......"
I'm disappointed no one did "Stayin Alive"

or "Disco Duck"

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •