The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Class even in defeat"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Average Joe Forum (Protected)
Original message

Mr B 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-09-03, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20B Click to send private message to Mr%20B Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Class even in defeat"
The true measure of a man is how he responds in difficult situations. Adam was a class act--even after Malena "sent him packing". At the same time, it seemed as if "Pretty Boy" couldn't wait to get out of the airplane and go back down there with them. Hey, that was Adam's moment.

Yes, I am a new poster. I'm a 38-year old married male with three children. For some reason this show captured my attention, because at first I thought one of the "average guys" was going to get a chance to break down some stereo-typical walls. (Though the producers didn't give her a whole lot to choose from).

In the end, I think everyone was pulling for Adam. He seemed to be the most genuine of all. But, obviously that wasn't what Malena was looking for. I don't guess we should be surprised.

I seriously doubt Adam will have trouble finding someone even better than Malena now. From a man's point of view, I would think his confidence level is extremely high now and probably won't settle for less than someone just as classy as he is and someone that shares his feelings.

Let's hope so.

Mr. B

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Class even in defeat ce62 12-09-03 1
 RE: Class even in defeat teevideot 12-09-03 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ce62 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ce62 Click to send private message to ce62 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Class even in defeat"
I loved the line "I've trusted your judgment up until now, so you must have made the right choice." (Or something to that effect.)

I think she did make the right choice FOR HER. I noticed that she always said how wonderful (or should I say "amazing" to quote Melana) Adam was, but she never sounded like she meant wonderful for her. Just wonderful for someone.

She was all over Jason from the beginning.

teevideot 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-03, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail teevideot Click to send private message to teevideot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Class even in defeat"
It's interesting to me to hear that Mr. B in the top posting is a 38-year-old married male with kids. My husband also found himself drawn to the show -- a guy who is a lot like Adam (maybe I'm biased) in looks and personality. I really believe that this show touched on something that the producers never anticipated, or at least if they did, they failed to understand.

I believe the producers thought America would be laughing AT the geeks, and that we'd feel relieved when the eye-candy models finally "saved the day" (allowing for a few valiant efforts from the relatively-less-geeky final Joes like Adam). But what happened instead is that the show became wildly popular because the 90 percent of us who weren't among the "popular" elite, tuned in and cheered ourselves on.

We even felt for the jerks in the group, because they were still us. But when the models arrived, they looked and seemed like ALIENS! We all hid behind our proverbial high school locker doors and tried not to look them in the eye.

I speak for a diverse group of viewers (my friends) when I say, Producers, try this again. Do it without the hard-body models. Do it for real. We can handle it. We want it, for our own satisfaction. Leave the models at the agency, nibbling on cucumber slices and having their nails buffed. Send us real people with real hearts, like Adam, and all the rest. And we will respond!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •