The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Frozen dinner"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

littlemisssmartypants 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-19-04, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail littlemisssmartypants Click to send private message to littlemisssmartypants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Frozen dinner"
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-04 AT 07:32 PM (EST)

When I'm having a party of one, I like to have me a frozen dinner. You zany Americans have a much better variety than we have in Canada. Particularly when it comes to the diet kind (so yummy, I sometimes eat 2! why can't I lose weight?). Tonight I had Healthy Choice Country breaded chicken with sour cherry crisp. I bought it the last time I was across the border (at which time I also stocked up on yoghurt, but forgot to get a Watchemacalit bar). It would have gone nicely with a Sauvignon Blanc.

What's your favourite frozen dinner?
How do you fancy it up?

Edited because I have never been "across the boarder." I do not have any boarders, and if I did, I wouldn't be across them. Unless it was that kind of movie.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Frozen dinner Puffy 06-19-04 1
 RE: Frozen dinner probably clueless 06-19-04 2
   RE: Frozen dinner AugustGirl 06-19-04 3
   RE: Frozen dinner littlemisssmartypants 06-19-04 4
       Actually probably clueless 06-19-04 5
           RE: Actually AugustGirl 06-19-04 6
   Thanks, Clueless Coconut 06-19-04 7
       RE: Thanks, Clueless probably clueless 06-19-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-19-04, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Frozen dinner"

Years ago, Tyson made a nice balanced meal frozen dinner. All of a sudden "Poof" or "Puff", they were gone. The markets checked for me; no more Tyson frozen dinners. Now I buy frozen dinners, but don't like them much. DH will eat them, which is a blessing for me. Healthy Choice, Smart Ones (Weight Watchers), Marie Callenders (way too many calories and fat), Lean Cuisine, etc. Anything I have a coupon for.

AKA Puff Homes
sig pic courtesy of J Slice

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-04, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Frozen dinner"
Unless you or one of your friends just pulled the shrimp out of the water, then the shrimp you get will be, or have been frozen.

Given that, here's my favorite 'frozen' dinner.

Garlic Lime Shrimp

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
Pinch of sugar
3/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
Pinch of cayenne pepper
10 large uncooked shrimp in shells
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Mix in next 6 ingredients. Sauté 30 seconds. Add shrimp; sauté until opaque in center, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*And if you're from Tennessee, put it between a couple of slices of stale bread with some Velveeta and steam.*

The Order of Banana Delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-04, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Frozen dinner"
*gets in line for dinner* Yum!

*smooches* for Hot Stuff

The order of the banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

littlemisssmartypants 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-19-04, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail littlemisssmartypants Click to send private message to littlemisssmartypants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Frozen dinner"
Mmmmmmmmm

I bet that would be good with a mixed green salad. Or over rice.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
Too bad I don't make rice.

06-19-04, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Actually"
Its best served on the deck with a good looking babe like Hot Lips, a bottle of wine and no utensils.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Strawberries with a dulce de leche dipping sauce doesn't hurt to finish off the meal*

The Order of Banana Delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-04, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Actually"
*swoon*

*thud*

*smooch*

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-04, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Thanks, Clueless"
In a surprising series of coincidences, I read this recipe an hour ago, just before my darling husband was going to make shrimp for dinner. He used this recipe (sans parsley, with lemon instead of lime, and a couple of drops of fish sauce *ick*) and it was delicious. I would never have thought of Worcestershire with shrimp, but it was perfect. Thanks so much for brightening our evening!

Courtesy Slice & Dice Chop Shop

06-19-04, 11:38 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Thanks, Clueless"
So glad I was able to contribute. Simple ingredients and quick prep.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*To me, recipes are suggestions. I'm the primary advocate for the chef and cooks to break the rules.*

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •