The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings, Finals Week 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-05, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings, Finals Week 5"
Can't you people start a rankings thread without me? I know some people have already put them in the show thread, but it's easier to read them in a new thread. So here goes.

Everyone did pretty well tonight.

Tier 1
Constantine - Wow. Utterly wow.
Bo - He was the best, til Constantine came along. I would love to see these two as the final two.
Vonzell - Another memorable performance. Quickly becoming the best woman in the competition.
Anthony - Yeah, Anthony. It won't happen again.

Tier 2
Anwar - I would like to see him expand his style, though.
Carrie - On the other hand, expanding your style doesn't always pay off.

Tier 3
Nadia - Uhm, what did she sing again?
Scott - In a just world, Hall and Oates would have stormed the stage and grabbed the microphone from his hands to stop him from butchering the song. To be fair, he came on at the end. To be real - LOSE THE ATTITUDE!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 geekboy 04-13-05 1
 RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 Lisapooh 04-13-05 2
 My take AyaK 04-13-05 3
   RE: My take ginger 04-13-05 5
       RE: My take Tahj 04-13-05 14
           RE: My take ginger 04-13-05 17
 RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 bostonrobfan 04-13-05 4
 RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 Corvis 04-13-05 6
 RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 seahorse 04-13-05 7
   RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 Glow 04-13-05 9
 Cut and pasted: PM's list PhoenixMons 04-13-05 8
 RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 true 04-13-05 10
 RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 MTW1961 04-13-05 11
   RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 weird al 04-13-05 12
       RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 MTW1961 04-13-05 19
 RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 theking0075 04-13-05 13
 RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 lovwigglesworth 04-13-05 15
 RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 geg6 04-13-05 16
   RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 Spidey 04-13-05 18
       RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 MTW1961 04-13-05 20
           RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 Spidey 04-13-05 21
 RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5 I_AM_HE 04-14-05 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-13-05, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
My take on rankings and my reasoning.

1 - Constantine. Paula is actually right. He's the most improved, he seems to be the most competitive, and that is what i look for in AI.
2 - Bo. I think the same for Bo, its just that lately Constantine is outdoing Bo.
3 - Anwar. He seems to be back, and he's taking the judges criticism seriously.
4 - Nadia. I love her, but she shines better when she has an edge. She needs to rock out more
5 - Vonzell. She's good, but i want to see more originality. She takes familiar songs verbatim, she needs to add a Vonzell edge to them
6 - Scott. He too needs to expand and takes some risks. He's quite predictable and he has a voice that can shine.
7 - Carrie. She blew it tonight. Period. She's going to confuse her fanbase.
8 - Anthony. He's been one of the weakest since the final 12. Its time.

geekboy

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
My rankings
1. Constantine - I thought it was gonna be a nightmare. But my jaw fell open - that kicked ass.

2. Vonzell - she surprises me week after week. What a charming, likeable performer she is.

3. Bo - I didn't like him as much as I expected to. I thought he would hit this one out of the park and he didn't. he may have set the bar too high for himself.

4. Scott - I can't believe he's up this high. The beginnign was awful - i mean, really really bad. But I thought he nailed the chorus so well and performed with a lot of passion. I thought the rocker comments were tongue in cheek - they didn't bother me, but his swagger after the performance was really um, unmerited.

5. Anwar - the end was great (as usual) and he is effing hot, but Anwar is not memorable. Every week I have to remind myself what he sang.

6. Carrie - she needs to be who she is. She needs to stop worry about being perceived as boring and start worrying about learning the words to her songs and singing songs that matter to her. It's not that she's boring - it's that she's emotionless. She needs to connect and not be so sterile. It's not the songs that are making her boring. And no dancing Carrie. Please.

7. Anthony - am I the only one that found that perfomrance totally soulless and awful? Daryl Hall wrote that song and I've heard him sing it - it's awesome. Plus Paul young's recording is awesome too - it's the ultimate in blue-eyed soul and Anthony is like a big old slice of stale Wonder bread. You suck Anthony. You suck suck suck suck suck

8. Nadia - WTF? Crystal Gayle? At least they have the hair in common. It doesn't bother me that it was a song no one knew - what bothered me is that is wasn't an engaging song at all. I didn't care about it or her this week.

Bottom Three: Nadia, Anthony, Carrie/Scott
going home: Nadia

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "My take"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-05 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

1) Constantine. For two weeks in a row, Constantine has been #1. The week before that, he was #2. This guy is winning this show on the air, no matter what you think of him personally. Another great song choice for him.

2) Vonzell. What a shocker. Deniece Williams was a fine, underrated singer, and she did a delightful version of Niecy's hit from Footloose. I never expected Vonzell to be one of the final two women.

3) Bo. I really liked his take on Free Bird. However, he has to keep in mind that Simon HATES rock music, and a lot of weak-minded saps in the audience vote the way Simon tells them.

4) Carrie. Rough start -- looked like she fumbled the opening. But she's a credible rocker, and she showed that her range is broader than just Nashville Star.

5) Anthony. My goodness, a miracle: Anthony proved that he really isn't hopeless. Although I'm not a big fan of this song, I thought he did a nice job on it. Wonder what Daryl Hall (who wrote it, along with "She's Gone") thought.

6) Anwar. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Perhaps he should be a male model. As a singer, he has no life whatsoever. Whenever I see him come on, my eyelids start to close.

7) Scott. TERRIBLE version of "She's Gone," which is a clever song with a great production from Arif Mardin (who later made the BeeGees into the top group of the 1970s). Rough, off-pitch, and really not one bit smooth. But not the worst of the week! That honor goes to...

8) Nadia. Who picks her songs? Satan? If Anwar's performance was a snoozer, this was Rip van Winkle-worthy. I think it might have a future on elevators. It could well cause her to leave before Scott and Anthony, who have been weak week-in, week-out.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My take"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-05 AT 11:40 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-13-05 AT 11:34 AM (EST)

1. GODAMNIT! You know who I mean. With special curses for allowing "Bohemian Rhapsody" to be bowdlerized by AI, and then PULLING IT OFF. I hate him. I really hate him.

2. Weirdly, Anthony. I thought that was a perfect rendering of that song. Which I don't like that much to begin with, but Anthony really Didn't Stink last night.

3. Vonzell. Pretty obvious stuff, but she did it fine.

4. Bo. I wanted to like Bo more. I cringed when they announced "Freebird" though. Although the weepy verses have this added resonance now that half the band is dead in a Acme Rock Star Death Corp. plane crash, the song is really one giant guitar solo. Not about singing. And who wanted to hear the AI band to a 15-minute guitar solo? Bo tried. Hope it was enough.

5. Carrie. I gave her props for starting out screaming, and she really did an okay job with one of Pat Benatar's worst songs (I was a Pat fan in the 80s; this song officially ended her career where I was concerned). Anyway, it was more interesting than number 6, and about 80,000 times better than number 7.

6. Anwar. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

ETA: OOPS, FORGOT NADIA. DID SHE SING?

7. Scott. Oddly, I think he did fine on the chorus. It was just those pesky verses (at least 60% of the song) that did him in. Poor Hall and Oates, what were they going to say? "He sucked!"?? I'm sure they were too scared to. Scott seems creepier during intros, perhaps because of that arrest thing coming to light, perhaps because he's just actually creepy.

Hell is for children.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-13-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: My take"
Agree 100% with your list. Anthony rox.

Moves courtesy of Syren

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: My take"
You may be more kindly disposed to Anthony than I. But he truly stepped up last night.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-13-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-05 AT 11:34 AM (EST)

1. Constantine- Wow. The Partridge Family, Sinatra, and now Queen. Very diverse.
2. Vonzell- awesome
3. Bo- Free Bird, yeah!
4. Anthony- one of those songs I got tired of a long time ago, but he sang it really well
5. Anwar- he seems to slowly be getting better
6. Carrie- meh
7. Nadia- just goes to show that a good performance of a boring song is still boring. It's time to stop picking artsy-fartsy songs and pick something people know. And like.
8. Scott- hideous. And so is the attitude

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-13-05, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
1 - Constantine. Consistently good performances the last few weeks. His Bohemian Rhapsody was the best performance of the competition so far.

2 - Bo. He did an excellent job of mimicking the original. I'd like to see him put a Bo-spin on the song.

3 - Vonzell. Same criticism as Bo. She has reached the level Bo started the competition. Now who can make the songs unique and interesting?

4 - Anthony. That's the kind of thing he should be singing every week. Nice job.

5 - Anwar. Good job.

6 - Scott. He did a fine job with the song. It was a little rough early on, but he ended well.

7 - Nadia. Oh, Nadia, choose better songs especially if you have to sing first. She's probably out this week.

8 - Carrie. Terrible. I wish she'd get knocked out but her fans will save her.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
1. Constantine- three weeks ago, I thought he had no chance, now he is a favorite.
2. Vonzell- pretty good job this week.
3. Bo- He has dropped down a notch from a few weeks ago
4. Anwar - How long will his odd choice of songs keep him around.
5. Anthony- Better this week.
6. Carrie- She better stick with country.
7. Nadia- Poor song choice again.
8. Scott- worst of the week.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
Flip Anwar and Vonzell and that's my list.

1. Constantine - grrr. I was so hoping he would butcher that song.
2. Anwar - I thought he did really well and I will remember his performance this week. And he's so pretty.
3. Bo - I just got a feeling that he didn't care if he was there anymore or not.
4. Vonzell - I hate that song but she did a great job.
5. Anthony - I wanted him to suck but he didn't. It was actually really good.
6. Carrie - WTF? Don't ever do that again.
7. Nadia - I really like her. *sigh* I'm just hoping somebody will pick her up and write better songs for her.
8. Scott - Please get him out of my television. Please.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-13-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Cut and pasted: PM's list"
Adding a few further thoughts...

Constantine
Vonzell
***BIG DROP***
Bo
***HUGE GAPING ENORMOUS HOLE SHOULD SWALLOW UP THESE PERFORMANCES***
Anthony (yes I did actually put Anthony this high with a straight face)
Anwar
Scott
Carrie
Nadia

Constantine & Vonzell were absolutely the best of the night, without a doubt. Bo was so-so as he's been as of late. Seems he's not as versatile as I thought (or isn't showing it).

I'm loving that everyone is finally seeing what I saw in Vonzell from day one. She is extremely fun and charismatic and has a distinguishable voice (not as distinguishable as my past faves like Jennifer Hudson and Fantasia) - her energy and stage presence are what sets her apart from the other ladies. She looks at home on the stage. The others, not so much. Constantine, while his facial expressions are utterly annoying, is a good performer if you just forget that he thinks he is some sort of divine musical talent sent from above. His head is a bit too big for my liking, but he's shown that he's got much more talent than I originally thought. When I heard them say Constantine was doing Bohemian Rhapsody on ET, I said to my dh, "this will either be very good or really, really bad". And he really did the song justice. The only time I've ever heard a better performance of this song (other than the original, of course) was when The Baker's Dozen (Yale a capella group) performed it at my high school. They were fantastic. Constantine was extremely impressive last night.

But back to the show...

Anthony was not great by any means, but boy was that an improvement. These are the kinds of songs he should be singing from now on. I still cannot stand the kid, but a vast improvement from anything else he's ever sung, IMO.

Anwar just does nothing for me. His voice is so bizarre and annoying and he had a hard time, yet again, tonight. I hope he goes home soon. Anwar might have the technical abilties, but I don't like the quality of his voice, his stage presence is extremely weird, and he picks the worst songs.

Scott picked a horrid song for his range (WAY too low for him), but the upper stuff was great (why I liked him in the first place...when he's on, he's got a gorgeous voice). I really love what Scott is capable of doing with his voice...I just wish for once he'd actually DO it.

Carrie. YUCK. I like that song, but she really destroyed it. Talk about trying to mold herself into the artist she's singing. That was just so bad in so many ways. I am beginning to really dislike her (her attitude is getting on my nerves).

Nadia - Totally horrible. In tune once or twice, maybe. She cannot do ballads of any kind...she does NOT have the control or the pipes for it. And that dress looked awful on her. Way to make her look even twiggier than she is (not that her hair helps...though I do dig her 'fro). Yet another disastrous song choice. She might be going home after that mess.

Got blog?

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
First two and last two were easy to rank, the rest...pretty dull. I miss the life that Nikko brought to the show.

1. Constantine. I'm not a fan of his look, but he sure knows how to sell a performance. I thought he did great with that song, not an easy accomplishment.

2. Vonzell. She is the biggest shocker of the top 12. I had her out first, but she has been consistantly good, and she has quite a bit of charm and style. She picks good songs, and delivers.

3. Anthony. While I still have last weeks nightmare fresh in my mind, this week he was actually good. (well, compared to the ones below)

4. Carrie. Yes, she flubbed the lyrics, but it wouldn't be noticed by most. I thought it was one of her better performances, and I am not a fan. I just wish she'd not sway so much, makes me dizzy.

5. Bo. Big disappointment. Whipping Post that was NOT. I don't know what happened to him, but I don't think he's long for the competition.

6. Anwar. Last week I fast forwarded through. This week, he was much better, although nothing special.

7. Scott. Most of it was awful, but there were a few good points. His hostile and defensive attitude will probably get him booted this week.

8. Nadia. Ugh. At first I really liked her, but now she just creeps me out. The facial expressions are hideous, and that song choice was awful. Going first won't help her this week either.

Overall, Scott should go next, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Nadia going tonight. Simon really raked her over the coals. I didn't think she was THAT bad, so maybe what fans she does have will rally.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
I'll post mine before I read everyone else's take:

Tier 1:
1. Cosntantine - great song, well sung. Very daring to take on Freddy Mercury.
2. Carrie - I thought she was amazing. Very powerful voice, and she looked smacktabulous. My heart skipped a beat. I don't get why they always complain when she moves away from the country, yet others are applauded for being daring or going out on a limb.

Tier 2:
3. Bo - perfect song for his voice. Well done
4. Vonzell - upbeat song, definitely had me dancing with her.
5. The song showed off his voice well, but he's getting kind of boring to me.

Tier 3:
6. Scott - terrible time with the lower register - it was painful. Did a great job with the more powerful chorus parts.
7. Nadia - her voice is great, but the song was BORING. I agree with Simon - musical wallpaper.
8. Anthony - he has the weakest voice, and I just can't stand him. PLEASE be gone this week!

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

weird al 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-13-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weird%20al Click to send private message to weird%20al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
1. Carrie - I loved the performance and don't get the criticism. Great rocker performance and finally shows some stage theatrics. She was off-pitch maybe a total of two times and made one minor flub of the lyrics. Big f*ing deal - I've heard bigger flubs from established stars performing songs they wrote themselves. But what's important is that she's the only singer in the competition whose voice gives me chills.

2. Bo - quite a solid performance, but I'm a little worried about him. I thought he would be very versatile after hearing "Time in a Bottle", but he's going back into his comfort zone. The stage mannerisms were straight out of "Whipping Post" - how about something new? And the song wasn't very challenging vocally.

3. Vonzell - great song choice, definitely exhibited fun and energy in her performance. Her voice was just slightly off - she had one seriously bad note and a few other minor pitch problems. But she had great stage presence.

4. Anwar - as a stand-alone performance, it was excellent. But he's already established that he can do slow ballads with high power notes at the end. Simon told him that he needed to show his fun side, and he tried to do so for a couple of weeks but lost fans and ended in the bottom three. So choosing this song seems like an admission of failure on his part.

5. Constantine - I strongly dislike him, as I get exceptionally irritated when he makes puppy dog eyes at the camera rather than play to the crowd. But this week, he kept that to a minimum. His voice was good, although too karaoke for me, and his theatrics were exceptional.

6. Nadia - sang well and looked stunning, but the song was forgettable. At some risk of being voted out this week, but I think she was saved by Simon predicting (twice) that she would go. So whatever fanbase she has must have dialed their fingers off last night.

7. Scott - the chorus was good and he finally had some passion behind his singing. But a lot of the early notes were off - probably not a majority like Simon said, but quite a few.

8. Anthony - he did improve considerably from last week, but just about everybody else did as well. Still some off-pitch notes and not a lot of power or feeling.

04-13-05, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
"Carrie - I loved the performance and don't get the criticism. Great rocker performance and finally shows some stage theatrics. She was off-pitch maybe a total of two times and made one minor flub of the lyrics. Big f*ing deal - I've heard bigger flubs from established stars performing songs they wrote themselves. But what's important is that she's the only singer in the competition whose voice gives me chills."

Thanks for posting weird al. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Carrie. Maybe it's just us, though. Are we tone deaf???

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

theking0075 331 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-13-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theking0075 Click to send private message to theking0075 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
I posted it in the wrong thread

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1361&forum=DCForumID44&omm=123

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-13-05, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
There were some great performances last night!
1. Bo- In the words of Ryan, "Everyone loves some Free Bird"
2. Connie- He only gets 2 because the song had to be butchered a little to stay in the time allowed. But it was the perfect song for him.
3. Carrie- I seem to be in the minority putting her in the top three. But I really like it.
4 and 5. Vonzell and Anwar- They are both so pretty and nice, I will have to put them together.
6. Nadia- But nobody knew her song, so the chance of enough votes to stay in is as slim as she is.
7. Scott- When he started I thought it was going to be horrible, but he came through in the second half.
8. Anthony- Not bad, but not as good as anyone else.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
1) Constantine - wow! I never thought he'd pull this off. I thought for sure that Freddy Mercury would be spinning in his grave. I thought wrong.

2) Bo - I hate that song, but it was perfect for him and I even called it for him when I spoke to my sister about a half hour before the show. But he did fine.

3) Anthony - I can't believe I have him here. Perfect song for him. Keep picking songs like this and he might last a while.

4) Vonzell - I don't like her and I don't think she has a chance on earth of winning this. But it was the right song and she sold the h*ll out of it.

5) Scott - started out rough, but he came through under very nerve-wracking circumstances. Pretty ballsy choice. But lose the attitude, dude.

6) Anwar - his looks are hot, hot, hot. But that is why I am so puzzled that he puts me to sleep. This guy is a bore.

7) Nadia - girlfriend, I really want to like you. I think you have ten times the vocal chops of that pretender Vonzell. But you should not be allowed to choose your own songs. Ever.

8) Carrie - there is nothing I like about this girl. She has not an ounce of charisma. She can't dance. She can't sell a song. She butchered Pat Benatar. She can't sing anything that doesn't come out sounding like country. And I hate country. She can't be voted off soon enough for me.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
Carrie - there is nothing I like about this girl. She has not an ounce of charisma. She can't dance. She can't sell a song. She butchered Pat Benatar. She can't sing anything that doesn't come out sounding like country. And I hate country. She can't be voted off soon enough for me.

But she's purty! What, you didn't think the 1 1/2 minutes of wiggling her hips back and forth was dancing? Go figure.

04-13-05, 05:40 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
Hey, Spidey, don't overlook the fact that while she was wiggling her hips back and forth, her oobies were shaking. For me, that more than compensates for her lack of dancing ability.

And I don't think she butchered that song at all. It's a very difficult song to sing live. Pat Benatar would have had a hard time doing a live version that well.

Course, I was sold at the sight of that slinky black blouse!

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-05, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
I thought this was her most engaging performance so far, but that's not saying much. I liked that she at least tried to do something unexpected.

I'm lukewarm on her. Actually, I'm lukewarm on all of them. Anwar's the sexiest, Constantine the best performer, Vonzell can really sang, I love rock like Bo. Roll em all together and you have one hell on an American Idol. (The rest can all go home now) Individually, eh, I have to go with Constantine, but I'm not totally thrilled about it.

And I agree, Carrie did look really HOT last night.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Rankings, Finals Week 5"
this was the first week i actually watched most of, so i thought i'd put my thoughts in, even though a dead internet connection didn't allow me to until after the boot...

missed Nadia and Anthony's performance, so no ranking for them.

1. Vonzell - Wow. totally floored me especially given the few (and usually partial) snippets I've had from her.

2. Carrie - almost as good. missed the very beginning though, so unless the forgotten words Randy mentioned happened there, I didn't notice at all (of course when Clay forgot words, I didn't notice either. probably more of a function of my not knowing the songs)

*gap*

3. Bo - good, but somehow...uninspiring. subdued.

4. Constantine - there were some really icky moments, especially the last held note, but I'll agree with Simon - it worked, and it was a gutsy choice

5. Scott - agree with Randy, the low notes were bad, but the rest was very good. the singing was better than Constantine, but the overall package wasn't quite as good

*gap*

6. Anwar - what the hell were the judges smoking to praise that warbling mess of crap????

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •