The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thinking about the time difference"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

KelvinKing 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-11-01, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KelvinKing Click to send private message to KelvinKing Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thinking about the time difference"
Hey guys, just a few last min thoughts about this episode.

As it stands, the time difference is about 6 hours, maybe more.

The 3 earlier teams reached the pit stop at night, so that means they will start off in the morning. In that case, all the shops will be open, so there's no waiting, or equalization (which occured in other episodes)

On the other hand, the dildos and momily reached the pit stop in the morning, so they'll set of in the evening/night. That means that most of the tourist attractions are closed, and they'll have to wait even longer to get to the fast forward. This cannot happen (too boring/too dumb - by the time they even tear open the evenlope all the other 4 teams would have reached the next pit stop).

So I suspect that the fast forward is indeed in another country.
Which was mentioned in a previous thread. Seems logical, OR the FF could be in some 24 hour tourist attraction, like the rat temple.

What do u guys think ? 24-hour tourist attraction or another country ?

WOW ! This really makes the game very open ended, and the FF people will difinately NOT be gauranteed 1st place this time round. Should be an exciting show.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thinking about the time differe... samced 11-11-01 1
 RE: Thinking about the time differe... trillian 11-11-01 2
   RE: Thinking about the time differe... Styxfan 11-12-01 3
       RE: Thinking about the time differe... dave_worrell 11-12-01 4
           RE: Thinking about the time differe... KelvinKing 11-12-01 5
 RE: Thinking about the time differe... asperella 11-12-01 6
   RE: Thinking about the time differe... Styxfan 11-12-01 7
       RE: Thinking about the time differe... AyaK 11-13-01 8
   RE: Thinking about the time differe... heymikey 11-13-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samced 72 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-01, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samced Click to send private message to samced Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thinking about the time difference"
Another country or city nearby.
I do think there is going to be another "bunching station" somewhere in the next episode.
I figured even if F & M who left 11 hours earlier
had gone to the Taj (lets assume everything is open 24 hours)
picked up the clue, gone to the temple/wise man in record time
they would have gotten to the train station say at 4-5 am
only to be told that the first train was at 3p.m.
Whoever maped this race did an fantastic job making sure that no one team got to far ahead.

trillian 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-11-01, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trillian Click to send private message to trillian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thinking about the time difference"
We know from the previews (and digging by some excellent posters here) that the FF is in Thailand. Since the FFs tend to take place near the beginning of each leg, my guess is that the teams leave immediately from the pit stop to Thailand. There might be some bunching-up at the airport. (Not sure, I don't know what plane service in Asia is like) This would allow Momily and Guido some catch-up time. But still, for the FF to do any good, the roadblocks must be pretty time-consuming. I don't see how a team could lose the FF and still avoid elimination, although that's what the previews suggest.

Styxfan 64 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-01, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Styxfan Click to send private message to Styxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thinking about the time difference"
In every episode so far there has been at least 3 stops(roadblocks and detours), plus, at least 1 lengthy travel stage(plane, train, taxi). It's almost a given that at one of those, the trailing teams will wind up gaining a considerable amount of time on the leaders. Considering that the FF winning team gets to skip some of those stops, I don't see how they could possibly come in last unless they get seriously lost on their way to the pit stop. Therefore, I think the twist has something to do with the team that misses the FF, or involving some kind of tie. It's also possible that the FF winning team might come in some place other than first, but for them to end up last, that's really a long shot.

dave_worrell 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-12-01, 03:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dave_worrell Click to send private message to dave_worrell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Thinking about the time difference"
I'm suspicious of the "shocking" ending for the most part. It could be as simple as one team being way ahead of everyone but ending up coming in next to last. It really could be just about anything.

KelvinKing 64 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-01, 05:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KelvinKing Click to send private message to KelvinKing Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Thinking about the time difference"
Actually, I was thinking that the supprising ending would be the dildos getting the boot. This was everyone's initial thogut, I wonder why they have changed their minds to momily...

Oh well.

asperella 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-12-01, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail asperella Click to send private message to asperella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Thinking about the time difference"
I believe the destination for the next pitstop is in another country, but the FF ticket is still found in India itself. If you have seen the last few FF carefully, the FF ticket is always planted not far away from the place of rest. Of course, you have to go through the routine steps in order to look for the FF ticket.

If the FF ticket is planted in another country, it will be disastrous, coz if 2 or more teams are after the FF, the loser will have to make their way back to square one to start again.

As to who got the FF, I only watched the shots once, and they showed Momily doing some kind of a lotus hunt in a temple in Thailand. I don't think FF are that difficult to perform, and judging from what I saw, it doesn't seem that they were doing an FF. So my guess is that the guidos got it.

But one consolation is that if momily did not get the FF the next round, but they advance to the next round, or even to the final 2 by luck, they can still use the FF right?

Styxfan 64 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-01, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Styxfan Click to send private message to Styxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Thinking about the time difference"
Both the Guidos and Momily are seen running around placing something in pots in the preview. Someone on the board said they recognized that building from a trip they took in Thailand.

Assuming there is another FF to be found, the team who misses it this time around could indeed get it in a later episode.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-01, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Thinking about the time difference"
>Assuming there is another FF to be found, the team who
>misses it this time around could indeed get it in
>a later episode.

...that's also assuming that the team that fails to get the Fast Forward is still around -- a pretty big assumption!

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-13-01, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Thinking about the time difference"
>>> If the FF ticket is planted in another country, it will be disastrous, coz if 2 or more teams are after the FF, the loser will have to make their way back to square one to start again.

Nope. If the FF is planted in another country, that would make it easier for the losing team to catch up. Since the FF is given out at the start of the leg, they'll go straight to Thailand (the assumed country containing the FF). Besides, all of the activities tomorrow will occur in Thailand giving the losing team a chance to catch up.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •