The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why Was No Colby Reaction To Amber Ouster Shown?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-01, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why Was No Colby Reaction To Amber Ouster Shown?"
OK, something else I think might have something to do with the upcoming votes... did anyone else notice that the producers opted to not show ONE SECOND of film addressing Colby's reaction to the booting of Amber without his inclusion? Why? ...when Amber was left out of Jerri's vote comments from both Amber and the other Ogawhore's were included in the next show. This is a potentially significant plot development that should not have been left "unexplored."

Why was nothing mentioned of Amber's booting without Colby's inclusion? ...could it be because it's clear that Colby's alliance days are over and to have shown the comments would have made this clear to the viewers?

Just throwing some thoughts out there... Amber ouster reaction footage certainly would have seemed to have been more interesting than the stare-at-the-campfire or look-we-make-campfire-like-cavemen footage.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why Was No Colby Reaction To Am... volmel 04-20-01 1
   RE: Why Was No Colby Reaction To Am... volmel 04-20-01 2
 Significance AyatollahKhomeini 04-20-01 3
   RE: Significance SurvivorBlows 04-20-01 4
       RE: Significance westerberg14 04-20-01 5
           RE: Significance volmel 04-20-01 6
               RE: Significance theclerk 04-20-01 8
                   RE: Significance TechNoir 04-20-01 12
                       RE: Significance theclerk 04-20-01 13
                           RE: Significance disneychriss 04-20-01 16
                               RE: Significance Lurking 04-22-01 27
           RE: Significance stickboy 04-20-01 14
               RE: Significance Loree 04-20-01 18
                   Kimmi AyatollahKhomeini 04-20-01 19
                       RE: Kimmi Loree 04-20-01 20
                       RE: Kimmi true 04-20-01 21
                           RE: Kimmi Loree 04-20-01 23
                               RE: Kimmi true 04-21-01 24
                       RE: Kimmi SurvivinDawg 04-22-01 28
                       RE: Kimmi Bebo 04-23-01 34
               RE: Keeping the Jury Happy PokeyOkie 04-22-01 29
           RE: Burning log George Tirebiter 04-20-01 17
           RE: Significance SurvivinDawg 04-21-01 25
               Lightening sleeeve 04-21-01 26
       RE: Significance Bebo 04-20-01 15
 Rodger a backstabber, too? volmel 04-20-01 7
   RE: Rodger a backstabber, too? SurvivorBlows 04-20-01 9
       RE: Rodger a backstabber, too? volmel 04-20-01 11
   RE: Rodger a backstabber, too? westerberg14 04-20-01 10
       Whether Colby knew Amber was going Outfrontgirl 04-20-01 22
           Colby's fatal mistake Mumbo Jumbo 04-22-01 30
               RE: Colby's fatal mistake SurvivinDawg 04-22-01 31
 RE: Why Was No Colby Reaction To Am... mavsfan 04-23-01 32
   RE: Why Was No Colby Reaction To Am... Outfrontgirl 04-23-01 33
       RE: Why Was No Colby Reaction To Am... Doglip 04-23-01 35
       Ranch "spoiler" flying squirrel 04-24-01 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-20-01, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why Was No Colby Reaction To Amber Ouster Shown?"
Or, could it be that Colby was in on the whole thing and it was decided to give Rodger an extra vote so he would have two, which they might not want us to realize yet? It appeared that Amber was told to vote for Rodger, too, instead of Liz.

Come on Tina, do Tennessee proud

04-20-01, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why Was No Colby Reaction To Amber Ouster Shown?"
Also, Tina was still tight with Colby during last night's show. (frisbee throw, backgammon)

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-20-01, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Significance"
SB, I agree that whatever Colby told the cameramen about the Amber ouster would have given us a clue as to his upcoming strategy ... and it hasn't played out yet. But I think there are many different things he could have said that MB wouldn't want us to see!

04-20-01, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Significance"
i agree there are many possible reasons -- that Colby is concerned he is out of the alliance is one of them, but yes, only one.

...but I don't believe for a second that they DO NOT ask him -- for whatever reason the responses in that footage must have some implication for or indication of future gameplay.

westerberg14 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-20-01, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail westerberg14 Click to send private message to westerberg14 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Significance"
Assuming Colby voted for Rodger to get him a few votes doesn't make sense if they already planned to whack him in the next episode anyway. I agree that the talk of Amber's outing would have shown us alot. Same thing with Kucha's choice of voting against Colby in first post merger TC. The show would be alot tighter if these events continued to the next week, but maybe they would tell us too much...

PS - anyone think it was a *coincidence* that a burning log was found so close to camp when their fire went out?? I think it was planted by MB and the crew - just like the can of rice was a set-up in the river last week...

PPS - I'm new here - so don't torch me too bad about mixing topics...

04-20-01, 01:59 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Significance"
West, I'm with you about the log. When I saw that burning log, I was thinking, "well, how convenient".

theclerk 16 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-01, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theclerk Click to send private message to theclerk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Significance"
Hmmm, I guess I'm not as skeptical generally about MB as volmel and West are (that is, I don't think he messes with the game without letting us know) more specifially, I don't think there's any way he planted the burning log. Why would he do that? It's not as if k&r would have been unable to make fire, it just would have taken them some time. And, as we know from last night's show, they have a lot of time.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-01, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Significance"

> (that is, I don't think he
>messes with the game without
>letting us know)

Yes. I'm sure he shares that with us. As a matter of fact, I'm quite certain
every single challenge is on the up and up. He in no way interferes with the
game play, nor does he set up challenges with a winner in mind. <rolling of
eyes>

Now if I could only figure out how he got Michael to jump into the fire,
I'd be a happy person.

theclerk 16 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-01, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theclerk Click to send private message to theclerk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Significance"
>Yes. I'm sure he shares that with us. As a matter of fact, I'm >quite certain every single challenge is on the up and up. He in >no way interferes with the game play, nor does he set up >challenges with a winner in mind. <rolling of eyes>

It's true that certain challenges favor certain types of players. But there's nothing evil about that . I fail to understand your paranoia about interfering with the game play. if you believe this, you should share an example. here's a counterexample - are you saying MB made keith lose track of that chain during the rc?

disneychriss 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-20-01, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail disneychriss Click to send private message to disneychriss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Significance"
I don't think he could make Keith lose track of one of his locks... but, do YOU think that there is any way in the world that Roger was gonna win that IC? MB knew that, too.

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-22-01, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lurking Click to send private message to Lurking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Significance"
It doesn't matter.

stickboy 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-20-01, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stickboy Click to send private message to stickboy Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Significance"
I agree. It doesn't make sense for Colby to vote for Rodger just to give him another vote.

BUT! I think I've come up with a good reason why Colby voted for Roger.

Everyone "playing the game" knows that part of winning the game involves keeping the jury happy. And every Ogakor member still alive knew that Amber would be very pissed at them for voting both Jerri and know Amber off.

So, why not use a vote to vote for Rodger (the same person Amber voted for) so that Amber does not know which person did not vote for her.

It keeps the playing field even for all the Ogakor members & Kucha members because Amber does not know if Liz voted for her or not either.

And even as I'm typing this, I'm talking myself out of this idea, so I'll just leave it at that. But, anyways......

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-01, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Significance"
I was waiting for some reaction from Colby about The Amber Vote too. But they never mentioned it. And Colby seemed to still be voting with the Ogakors this time. I wonder if instead of Colby being surprised at the last TC if maybe it was Keith and Tina that were surprised? Maybe Colby knew they were voting for Amber behind her back and decided to vote for Rodger with Amber to help his chance with the jury. We are left out of so many conversations that we never know for sure who decided what.

Also who was Jeff V referring to when he said that a person told Kimmi to vote for him. We heard Rodger say this morning the only time he lied was to Debb about his vote. He never said he told Kimmi who to vote for. Was it Liz who was being sneaky behind Jeff's back? Does it really matter anymore?

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-20-01, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Kimmi"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-01 AT 05:43 PM (EST)

Actually, it was Kimmi who told us about it -- when casting her vote at the E5 TC, she said that this vote should have been for Alicia, but someone had told her that there would be others voting for Jeff V. I had assumed until this morning that Rodger was the person who told her that. Now I'm not so sure. Could it have been Lis?

Edited to add: it still matters if Lis was the devious one, because that might give us a clue regarding her strategy this week. This is the last vote in which strategy is critical. It doesn't matter if it was someone else.

04-20-01, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kimmi"
Well if Liz was the one behind the Jeff vote, maybe she betrays Tina? What if Liz wins the IC & she tells Keith and Colby she will vote Tina who has no votes. Colby and Keith would both be scared of being voted out by Tina. So they vote with Liz without telling Tina. It would certainly be a shock and take out the most controlling player. Liz maybe thinks Tina is too likeable and wants her out. It would certainly be interesting if Tina left. And I think she would feel betrayed by Liz who she has been protecting.

I know it will probably never happen that way. But I was trying to find a way that Liz could betray someone.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-01, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Kimmi"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-01 AT 06:21 PM (EST)

you know... I always thought it was Mike who told Kimmi to vote for Jeff. I have a very vague recollection of Mike going around telling people who to vote for. According to Rodgers interview on The Early Show, his alliance was with Mike first. He just thought Liz would follow along with them.

So..It wasn't Jeff(duh)
not Alicia (alligned with Jeff)
Nick ?-if it was they dropped the whole thing
Rodger-no, unless he's lying
Elizabeth-I really don't think so.(why would she do the dirty work if she's not the mastermind behind the alliance?)
Mike- thats what I think, and I doubt it will ever be explained.

edited to add-

Maybe Jeff didn't want to expose Mike as the one, since he had just been eliminated the week before. People were feeling pretty sorry for him at that time, and he probably didn't want to look like a poor sport.

Think it's possible?

04-20-01, 08:40 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Kimmi"
I doubt it was Mike because Jeff said this person had arranged to give him those votes and was still in the game. He said he couldn't say who because it would come out later. But it hasn't yet. I have no idea why this was a big secret. Probably just another dead end.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-01, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Kimmi"
I sure don't remember Jeff putting it that way, but I don't doubt you either. I just don't picture Elizabeth doing it, and at this point, I don't see how it could effect the game. I just get annoyed when stuff is brought up to be important, and then dropped.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-01, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Kimmi"
I always thought NICK was the one that told Kimmi to vote as she did. Partly due to the "mole" theory, possibly due to other reasons Nick might have had. We might have seen some more/different gameplay from Nick if he hadn't gotten sick, so we might now never really know what Jeff was talking about...

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-01, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Kimmi"
I don't think it was Lis or Rodger, based on a radio interview Jeff gave last week. He was in Raleigh and was interviewed on the local station in the morning. They asked him if Lis and Rodger were as nice as they were being portrayed on TV, and he said very kind things about both of them. I don't think he would have been that nice if he held either one of them responsible.

PokeyOkie 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-22-01, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PokeyOkie Click to send private message to PokeyOkie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Keeping the Jury Happy"
Yo Stickster...

>>Everyone "playing the game" knows that
>>part of winning the game involves
>>keeping the jury happy. And every
>>Ogakor member still alive knew that
>>Amber would be very pissed at them
>>for voting both Jerri and know Amber off.

I agree with you. I think Colby is looking ahead towards the Jury Vote.

Colby's votes are all a very distinct, small "ALL CAPS" print lettering, which I think is familiar to more than just us viewers.

As I have posted in a previous thread, JP often reiterates that the power does swing to the jury. When Jerri was booted, Colby's vote was never shown during TC. Therefore it is unlikely that she knows he voted for her. I think, during Amber's booting, his vote for Rodger was a "message" to Amber and others in the jury, ie. Jerri, that he wasn't one who sent her to "Loser Ranch."

Although, by not aligning with Tina and Keith, there are resultant risks, it is likely that if he's in the final three, so are they anyhow. If he makes it to the Jury Vote, this play may have helped him.

Just thoughts....

Pokey

"You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But you can't wipe your friends on the couch."

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-20-01, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Burning log"
Coming from the Land of the Wildfires, I might be able to add something to this. . .

When we have a major fire in FL, they may well soak the areas thoroughly (the recent I-4 fire, they flooded the swales around the interstate for weeks!), but the roots of the trees continue to burn for weeks (up to three months), so they have to keep an eye out for new fires that spring up. Sometimes, a fire will whip through so quickly that the trees look untouched, and two weeks later they'll start falling over because the root system has turned to ash. Sounds improbable, but it happens all the time here.

Sorry if this takes the air out of your conspiracy theory, but I think it was just a happy accident. . .

GT

04-21-01, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Significance"
Give Westerberg15 a GOLD STAR for an excellent observation!

Does MB expect us to assume that ONE LOG was still burning from that forest fire after all those rains? After Baramidriff Beach was washed away by Noah's second coming? Oh yes, and Keith was able to PICK IT UP OFF THE GROUND (after smoldering for two weeks).

The Fix Is In. I cannot wait for that lawsuit to hit the courts.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-21-01, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Lightening"
Ummm... actually, I think that the survivors were just dumb... right before they found the log, we saw a shot of lightening... it's pretty clear that the log came from a lightening strike, but Keith apparently was unable to figure that out... he thought it was from a forest fire (right... like that log would burn that whole time from the forest fire, but when they move it to the fire pit, it goes out in a matter of a few hours.)

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-01, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Significance"
>i agree there are many possible
>reasons -- that Colby is
>concerned he is out of
>the alliance is one of
>them, but yes, only one.

We also were never given an explanation of why suddenly the target shifted from Lis to Rodger. During last night's episode, we discovered why Rodger got the boot instead of Lis when they showed us Tina's conversation with him about the money. But unless MB showed things out of sequence (which would have been hard, given the change in camp locales it could have been obvious), there was no explanation before.

The only obvious thing I can think of is that Tina wanted to make sure she was the only one going into the final four with no previous votes, so she wanted to "paint" Rodger while she had a chance. There was a remote possibility that IC's could have foiled that plan, so she wanted to take advantage of the first opportunity.

04-20-01, 02:04 PM (EST)
7. "Rodger a backstabber, too?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-01 AT 02:12 PM (EST)

Edited because I found the "Tina is pissing me off" thread in Bashers. Sorry.

04-20-01, 02:13 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Rodger a backstabber, too?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-01 AT 02:14 PM (EST)

Hey volmel, get a clue, it's in the basher's board -- where it belonged in the first place. ...and don't be dragging it back in here.

...and for the record, Rodger's "offense" pales in comparison to Tina's multiple offenses, the fact that you are trying to compare them is a joke, but if you want to discuss it further, don't do it on the spoilers forum, this is not the place.

04-20-01, 02:17 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Rodger a backstabber, too?"
Oops, sorry, SB. I realized my mistake too late. I blame it on being flightly. I will deduct 10 points.

westerberg14 23 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-01, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail westerberg14 Click to send private message to westerberg14 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rodger a backstabber, too?"
Who would you rather vote for if you were Rodger?? Not Mike or Liz - they were his friends... no reason to piss off Jeff or Alicia - because they wouldn't forget it... that only leave Nick - but it wouldn't make sense for Rodger to rock the boat to do a favor for someone who couldn't last 3 days!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-01, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Whether Colby knew Amber was going"
At the risk of posting redundantly (but no one answered my point in my earlier post):
Here's why I'm convinced that Colby and Amber were told the Ogies were voting for Rodger but Tina and Keith switched to Amber (Tina having told Lis and/or Rodger) to go for Amber and get to play for another round.

1) Colby said at the confessional that he was sticking with the batting order in voting R. Batting order surely means elimination, not strategic vote placing for future ties.
Because the voting box comments are not seen by anyone else until after the game is over and aired (and maybe not then), Colby had no reason to lie there. Colby thought it was R.

2) Amber thought it was Rodger (Early Show) and she was next.

3) Note that in opening footage of Amber episode Keith and Tina voice reasons to boot Amber, but not Colby.

Why leave C out of loop? Guess--Amber was his pawn with Jerri gone and they knew that. He could have used her later. He wouldn't want to go jury with 2 Kucha, but if he had rebelled against Amber boot, he could have gone with her to Kucha and had a F4 where he could win all immunities (likely) and take Amber Jerri's minion to jury.

Anyway, once she was gone so were his defecting options.
Response?

Mumbo Jumbo 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-22-01, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to send private message to Mumbo%20Jumbo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Colby's fatal mistake"
outfrontgirl,

I totally agree with your assessment of the Amber boot and Colby's not knowing about it ahead of time. It was definitely in his best interest to keep Amber around and possibly (probably!) take her to the final two. It would almost have guaranteed him a jury win and Lamber would have followed him just like she did Jerri. T/K knew that booting Amber would give Colby very few options for defecting because he wouldn't want the Kuchas against him in the final two.

Colby's fatal mistake was last week when he should have voted off Keith with the Kuchas. He knew he couldn't trust t/k but he didn't defect because Keith is the best person to go before the jury with. The problem is everybody in the final four is thinking the exact same thing. With t/k voting as a block, unless Colby wins immunity all the way to the end, he'll be tossed either this week or next. But if he had tossed Keith with the help of the Kuchas, he would have essentially forced Tina to reunite with him as a voting block to not face the Kuchas in the last two. He would have been needed immunity this coming week, but only he and Keith have won any immunity challenges of the survivors still in the game so would r/l/t have been able to beat him? Now he still needs immunity but Keith is there to challenge him. With Keith gone, Colby would have been the person the remaining players would have wanted to face the jury against (although given the chance, Lis and Rodger would have stuck together). He was thinking ahead to the final two when he should have been thinking about the best way to get there. And he didn't even get any peanut butter out of the deal!

04-22-01, 11:33 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Colby's fatal mistake"
Colby needs to get to the Final Three any way he can. He's been winning immunities and he probably needs to win these last two to assure him that he stays in the game. If he DOESN'T win IC, he better start lobbying Lis hard to vote for Keith. She just might do it, as she needs to make the Final Three just as Colby does.

Once in the Final Three, it all comes down to that Final IC. So Immunity is extremely important for Keith, Colby and Lis. I don't see Tina as having any worries for the Final Three. It would actually be in Tina's interest to boot Keith... If Keith is available to take to the Final Two and Colby (or Lis) wins Final Immunity, they'll vote Tina out in a heart beat.

So it may not have been fatal for Colby to stay with Ogawhore, but he's betting no less than one million dollars that he can win the next two ICs.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-23-01, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Why Was No Colby Reaction To Amber Ouster Shown?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-01 AT 03:15 AM (EST)

Colby could have had 1 of 3 reactions when asked by the camera crew "so what did ya think when Tina/Keith left you out of the loop and voted Amber off".

The could have said:

1) He already knew how Tina and Keith were going to vote, it was enough to vote Amber out, they agreed he would get Amber to vote with him against Roger, and Tina/Keith voting Amber out came as no surprise. (Unlikely, I don't think it's very logical, and I think they would have shown this).

2) He was left out of the loop/alliance and he'll have to win all the immunity challenges or be voted off like Amber was. (Unlikely, I don't think Colby is going to roll over like Amber did).

3) He knows he was left out of the loop/alliance but knows that Tina/Keith can't vote him out until they vote out one more Kucha (Roger). After they vote the second to last Kucha out, Colby plans to switch side like Amber SHOULD HAVE. (This is the same game he was trying to play with Jerri/Amber against Tina/Keith). At that point Colby/Liz vote Keith out with Keith losing the tie breaker to Colby. (I think a conversation along these lines is very likely. MB could have show such a conversation, but doing so would take away from the build up next week when MB will probably make it look like Colby's neck is on the chopping block, only to surprise the audience at TC when Colby switching sides).

This would be a better move for Colby than sticking with the Tina/Keith alliance which would very likely stab him in the back.
It could also explain why Colby was willing to be openly hostile to keith over the rice.

After Keith is eliminated Colby is virtually assured of making the final 2. In a Colby/Tina/Liz final 3, Tina could win final immunity, and could go to FINAL TC with the last Kucha
(Roger or Liz - either of whom she would lose against) so she would select Colby. The final Kucha (Liz) could win final immunity and select Tina instead of Colby, but selecting Tina might not sit well with the jury after Colby saved her from expulsion, so I think the final Kucha would select Colby. Colby could win the final immunity at which point he would probably select Tina to go to the final 2 with him.

Edited to eliminate redundancy.
Edited to eliminate redundancy.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-01, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Why Was No Colby Reaction To Amber Ouster Shown?"
Thank you Mumbo Jumbo, for your feedback and for expanding the thread and likewise to S Dawg and MavsFan.

I agree with the logic about how Colby could easily get to F2, and personally I would like to see him do it; however, there are some spoilers from the know-it-all folks and also the Nick/Colby at the ranch spoiler that indicate Colby doesn't make it.

I've been trying to figure out how Colby would be gone instead of Lis or Keith this week and come up with the following:
As everyone's aware, the upcoming vote is last chance to get a tie and boot one of the strongest males due to their former votes. I think Tina will make sure that happens. With Lis' vote alone, Tina could oust either Colby or Keith, whichever one loses immunity.

If Tina boots Lis and lets Colby and Keith stay, then the scenarios you've outlined above come into play. If Colby wins immunity in the Final 3, she knows he's going to pick Keith to go up against, just as she hopes to do. Therefore I think Colby is Tina's choice to go, regardless of any prior alliance they may have formed.

So, back to the tiebreaker--if it came down to 2-2 Keith vs. Colby, Keith would go, and Colby could likely get Lis' vote against Keith. Therefore, if Colby goes it's probably not because Lis wins immunity; it's because Keith wins immunity.
If Lis wins immunity, she will be the swing vote to either oust Keith with Colby or to join with Keith and Tina against C.
It seems to me she would vote against Keith as she has before.

So, in the end, whether or not the game plan that Colby discused--having an all Ogie F3--comes to pass depends, I think, on Tina, and how worried she is that she can't win the final immunity against the two IC champs, and whether she feels safe with the likelihood that she can't control whether she's in the F2.
My guess is that she makes sure one of the men gets taken out.

Doglip 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-23-01, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Doglip Click to send private message to Doglip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Why Was No Colby Reaction To Amber Ouster Shown?"
If Liz wins immunity...she will vote for whoever Tina tells her to vote for. Colby will be gone.

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-24-01, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "Ranch "spoiler""
Didn't the Final Two go to the ranch after the last TC? FWIW (not much), I think everyone is reading too much into Colby's comment. I don't think it's a "spoiler" at all, because it doesn't tell us anything about boot order.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •