The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Apprentice selection process! what?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

royal_teen 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-21-05, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail royal_teen Click to send private message to royal_teen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Apprentice selection process! what?"
Hello all,
I went to a recent Apprentice open CAST call.
I am surprised the selection process for the show that was to select a good, capable manager will be so disorganized and useless.

They had a plastic top table with 10 foldable chairs, on a mall lobby (with dry wall quickly put up may be a day or two ago, not even painted (actually the place looked worst than the motel they had couples of shows before))

There was no door for room, but had two entrances. All this going on in a mall, where 100's people are talking loud etc.,

There was no recording in our room.

They did not even collect applications before, there was no one to read it either.

There was a girl, who was doing the selection process, she had no chair. She stood at one end of the table, (may be 21 years old) for sure had no college education. She claimed she is with the show for a year.

This is how it went..(less than 10 minutes).
She said it will be a group discussion, on some topic.

First she ask every one to say their name/work. (2 minute)

Second, she asked do you all watch the show. Let us discuss about the show.

One guy on the table said Michael sucked...then she said let us discuss this (!).
Everyone but three had some opinion. (2 minutes)

Next topic, what do you think about women on the show? (!!)
2 minutes of useless discussion

Next topic, do you think DT will select highschool graduate as a apprentice (!!!)
Another 2 minutes of useless discussion

Next topic, with the discussion we had so far, who would your hire and fire from this table? (2 minute)

OK. If you are selected for next level of interview, we will call you tonight before 9pm. All OUT this way, through doorless door.

NOW
is this done, just for some tax credit purpose?
is this done, just to make the show popular in different cities/regions?
do they really select cast this way?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Apprentice selection process! w... kathliam 02-21-05 1
 RE: Apprentice selection process! w... mrc 02-21-05 2
   RE: Apprentice selection process! w... royal_teen 02-21-05 3
       RE: Apprentice selection process! w... kathliam 02-21-05 4
       RE: Apprentice selection process! w... mrc 02-21-05 8
 I find the story absurd, but on sec... miss_ganda 02-21-05 5
 I HAVE AN IDEA miss_ganda 02-21-05 6
   RE: I HAVE AN IDEA royal_teen 02-21-05 7
       RE: I HAVE AN IDEA ladro 02-21-05 9
           RE: I HAVE AN IDEA royal_teen 02-21-05 10
 RE: Apprentice selection process! w... Bebo 02-21-05 11
   RE: Apprentice selection process! w... royal_teen 02-22-05 12
       RE: Apprentice selection process! w... mrc 02-22-05 13
           RE: Apprentice selection process! w... royal_teen 02-22-05 14
               RE: Apprentice selection process! w... mrc 02-22-05 15
                   RE: Apprentice selection process! w... ladro 02-22-05 16
                       RE: Apprentice selection process! w... miss_ganda 02-22-05 17
                           RE: Apprentice selection process! w... royal_teen 02-22-05 18
                               RE: Apprentice selection process! w... Bebo 02-22-05 19
                               RE: Apprentice selection process! w... miss_ganda 02-22-05 20
                               RE: Apprentice selection process! w... mrc 02-23-05 21
                                   RE: Apprentice selection process! w... miss_ganda 02-23-05 22
                                       RE: Apprentice selection process! w... royal_teen 02-23-05 23
                                           RE: Apprentice selection process! w... mrc 02-23-05 25
                                           I AM SO DONE WITH THIS THREAD miss_ganda 02-23-05 27
                                       RE: Apprentice selection process! w... mrc 02-23-05 24
                               RE: Apprentice selection process! w... singer 02-23-05 26
                                   RE: Apprentice selection process! w... royal_teen 02-24-05 28
                                       RE: Apprentice selection process! w... mrc 02-24-05 29
 LOCKING WITH WARNINGS Bebo 02-24-05 30
 One comment AyaK 02-24-05 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-21-05, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
Recent, how recent? What size group did they put together for interviews? Did they ever collect the applications? A call by 9PM the same night seems awfully quick. Isn't usually a couple of weeks, especially since they still have 2 weeks of auditions to go? Are you sure it was The Apprentice? And not a credit card application?

Details, we need details.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
Sounds like a college student doing research for a business (or maybe psych) class.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

02-21-05, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail royal_teen Click to send private message to royal_teen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
It is true. No research for any class.
Sat 19th, New Orleans, Clearview mall.
There was total of about 300 people.

they called 10 people to one room. 14 people to another room.
it took less than 8 minute for each batch.
they collected application, and said will call before 9pm that day if selected for next level interview.

even a simple job interview is not that fast.

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-21-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
Well, Clearview is on the list of casting call locations. 10 people per room, 10 minutes per room, 300 people. That's about 10 hours, if my math is correct. 5 hours if they process 2 groups at a time.

On the website, it mentions you need not attend open casting call if you've submitted a tape. I've never seen any discussion of who is chosen via tape versus open call. Anyone have any information, or can point to a link?

02-21-05, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
To clarify: it sounded like you were the victim of said college student, not the perp.

What's a teenager doing at an Apprentice casting call anyway?

miss_ganda 457 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-21-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miss_ganda Click to send private message to miss_ganda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I find the story absurd, but on second thoughts"
It may not be far-fetched considering there are millions of applicants in most cities. It's sad that the unqualified wannabes are messing the process up for the real qualified ones. No wonder we've been getting a bunch of misfits since Apprentice2, it's so difficult to filter out the many undesirables. I bet there are really quality candidates that just don't bother anymore.

I now feel for the casting crew, it is no picnic.!

P.S. We've seen the season opening where they took snapshots of the long looooooong lines at the casting call. With that, I'm giving the original poster the benefit of the doubt.

P.S.S. Paging Simon Cowell, the Apprentice needs your help !

02-21-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miss_ganda Click to send private message to miss_ganda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "I HAVE AN IDEA"
Maybe Mark Burnett and his casting staff can take a cue from the Networthies. They should start charging a minimum amount from each applicant just to ferret out the riff-raffs.

$25 (like the NWs charged) is still affordable for people that are just playing and/or want their 15 minutes. I say $250 and you'll still get plenty of worthy candidates. With the reduced lines, more time can be spent screening the candidates. Don't worry Mark B, you'll still find some that are TV material. With so many unemployed college grads and the economy such as it is, you won't be lacking for applicants.

By the way Donald & Mark or Mark & Donald, no charge for the advice... this time.

02-21-05, 03:39 PM (EST)
7. "RE: I HAVE AN IDEA"
to make it more clear.
by the time i reached the queue 7am, i have seen about 86 nicely dressed men/women on the line already. then around 8.50am about 200 in queue.

Just before 9am there were 4 young staff from local tv station came and tied everyone on the queue a green paper wrist-band.(That is my only souvenir of the event) I saw a old lady reporter interviewing a blond girl from the queue for 5 minutes with a microphone.

then about 10.15am they started calling 14 people in to one room(that at least had doors), and next 10 people to another room. This was repeated again and again.

I just could not believe I drove 5 hours for this interview. Even though they might have several other steps before picking candidate, they are missing out on so much of good people through this false first step.

To me they could set up a website for people to log on and choose a particular time, and come straight for interview. In that way at least there is no waste of 1/2 day on queue.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-21-05, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I HAVE AN IDEA"
Haven't you figured out that the primary factor for selecting who is on the show is looks? How old are you and what is your native language?

02-21-05, 05:46 PM (EST)
10. "RE: I HAVE AN IDEA"
of course, handsome man know that.
on top of look, there should be content (well some of the recent candidates, does not show up, as they have that, but they should have had right attitude to begin with).

M29 Spanish. Want to be the first mexicana aprantize candidat. (leeghal)

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
FYI, your duplicate post on the Spoilers/Speculation forum has been removed. It is against the Community Guidelines to post the same message in multiple forums.

02-22-05, 09:24 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
Thanks. I was not aware of the rules.
I will go by the rules.
I have a phd from california.
I still cannot believe the selection process. Is anyone in this forum, has gone one of the casting call.
Is it different in different cities, i would like to know.

02-22-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
What is your Ph.D. in?

02-22-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
construction management.

this discussion is moving away from the content. i want discussion about casting call.

02-22-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
Construction management? Wow, I didn't know there was such a thing. Did you have to write a dissertation, or did you have to supervise a construction project instead?

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-22-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
I have an engineering degree and have built a few homes. But I had never heard of degree in Construction Management. I googled it and found a few colleges that offer degrees in Construction Management. But, an advanced degree still seems odd to me. I would think everyone would prefer a degree in Arch. or Civil engineering.

02-22-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
How does one say I smell a TROLLa in Espanola?

I live in California and have met, worked and associated with both educated and uneducated Mexican Americans. Those that are able to get a college education, or even mere High School students, don't speak that badly. In fact, many of them that are born and raised in the US are quite good in both verbal and written communications.

Puede vas a decir "Trollsky"?

02-22-05, 04:14 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
This discussion is moving away from, discussion about "casting call".
Construction management is the specilaization under Civil engineering. There are several 100 colleges offering program of studies in this area. You do not need google to find them, but need brain though.

02-22-05, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
>This discussion is moving away from, discussion about "casting call".

That's what happens sometimes in message board discussions. Kinda like life, really - you start out talking about one topic, and it spawns discussions of others.

As long as the discussion stays within the community guidelines, there's no problem with that.

02-22-05, 05:40 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
As tactfully as I can put it... Whatever !

I'm not here to dissect some poster's alleged credentials. I was going with the flow of the conversation and if I digressed a bit, that's only because, repeat, I smelled a troll. You seem to have corrected your grammar usage at the end, so maybe you are what you say you are. I take (most) everyone's word around here at face value anyway.

Oh well, carry on and more power to you.

02-23-05, 08:22 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
I can verify that most people on these boards have brains.

I can also affirm that some have Ph.D.s.

02-23-05, 02:49 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
Ditto !

02-23-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
really!!
I did't know mrc is a brain surgeon and miss_ganda is a tatoo artist(they do ditto their design, all the time).

It is interesting the whole group here is ready to talk, not for action. Has anyone here, gone for casting call? at least one(other than royal_teen) for that matter? Let us come back to subject matter.

02-23-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
Brain surgeons don't have Ph.D.s, so I can't claim that one.

I think Slicey is the tattoo artist, but I could be wrong. It might actually be Tech.

02-23-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
27. "I AM SO DONE WITH THIS THREAD"
I've been very sympathetic but this is turning into a circus and a drag (add that to the list of oxymorons: a circus drag) and most of all, I am surprised people can understand the original poster at all. Forget the Apprentice, but isn't excellent verbal and written skills a prerequisite in job applications? Even clerks are required to have those skills in their job desc.

No wonder, royalteen or whatever the heck your name is, couldn't even get your foot in door. One look at your video, and wham, off to the brown round file it went.

Just a suggestion, and I offer it with all sincerity, you might want to go to your local community college and take ESL at night (English as a Second Language). How in the world did you pass written exams? Eye-roll here.

Happy posting anyway, the board hosts don't seem to require anyone to make sense all the time, much less speak good English.

02-23-05, 03:00 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
Play-doh!

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-23-05, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
>This discussion is moving away from,
>discussion about "casting call".
>Construction management is the specilaization under
>Civil engineering. There are several
>100 colleges offering program of
>studies in this area. You
>do not need google to
>find them, but need brain
>though.

Hi, royal_teen. Your experience in the audition process is fascinating. I wonder if they conducted the interviews in a similar fashion for Season 1. Thanks for sharing.

--Singer

PS Check your private message inbox.

02-24-05, 09:01 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
Miss_ganda,
That is real joke now.
ESL class. I have to laugh out loud, but your ear drum might get burst.
Throw away your thinking on people, who are are non native english speakers, cannot match your poor english.
Do you read papers. People who have english as second language, are the top earners in US for the last decade. (Never mind, I will tell you what decade means..10 calender years)(Neven mind, calender year means Jan to Dec). If you still cannot understand,(I am sure you cannot, since you have a opionion to begin with) go to local CC.

As for MRC...interesting brain surgeon..I know brain looks like a big play dough to you..
You too are some character..though..they might select you two for apprentice without application.

02-24-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Apprentice selection process! what?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-05 AT 09:42 AM (EST)

You too are some character..though

Thanks for the compliment--I do try.

Not that interested in being on the Apprentice, though--most of the people MB and DT cast don't strike me as all that bright.

02-24-05, 10:10 AM (EST)
30. "LOCKING WITH WARNINGS"
Royal_teen, we require all posters to follow our community guidelines, even those with PhDs. Bashing other posters is not allowed. And if you believe other posters are attacking you, the only acceptable response is to alert the mods and let them handle it.

Mrc and miss_ganda, I shouldn't have to be reminding either of you about these guidelines either. Remember not to bash other posters, even if you question their credentials. Also remember that if you alert a post, you are to leave it alone and let the mods handle it.

I'm locking this thread, with the reminder:

If a post or a thread has been locked or deleted, reposting any content from that post or thread without permission from a member of the administrative staff will likely result in the termination of your RealityTVWorld.com membership.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-05, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "One comment"
I unlocked this thread just to add a comment.

Yes, this is an accurate depiction of the casting process for The Apprentice. The show is bombarded with applications from fully-qualified people, so the casting staff is looking for people who make an impression right away at these little group discussions.

In Apprentice 2, the casting staff tried to shunt people that they were interested in to a special discussion table before they left, so that there was a second level of review of each positive impression before the candidate went forward. However, that proved to add too much time to the process, and they dumped it for Apprentice 3. And yes, a negative impression in the table discussion, judged by someone in their 20s, is fatal to your chances.

Now, since this discussion went so far off-base and turned so negative, I'm re-locking this thread. But at least we've now answered royal_teen's question.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •