The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"You call these people street smart?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

sniknuh 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-20-05, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sniknuh Click to send private message to sniknuh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"You call these people street smart?"
So let me get this straight.. Net Worth is supposed to have all the street smarts, including negotiating and communication skills. In fact, these are usually the strengths of most "street smart" business people. Funny than that Angie can not even communicate her "own idea" to the casting directors (John - don't call me Vince Vaugh and Craig - AKA Real Bad Hair Day look on with blank stares in their eyes) and than, when Tara steps in to rescue them, she demonstrates her complete lack of competance when she asks the casting director how much it would take to get her to come out. The casting director tells her not less than $500 bucks. Being the genius that she is, she than proceeds to offer her $1000 bucks.....hmmmm Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't an offer of around $400 to start been in order. Than fall back on $500 if she had too. Guess not, just blow an extra $500 instead. The candidates on this show are a joke. My secretary could run circles around most of them. By the way, this is my first post....sorry for running on!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: You call these people street sm... treena924 02-20-05 1
 RE: You call these people street sm... frodo2 02-21-05 2
   RE: You call these people street sm... kathliam 02-21-05 3
       RE: You call these people street sm... amea_gari 02-21-05 4
           RE: You call these people street sm... Wacko Jacko 02-21-05 5
               RE: You call these people street sm... Flairmarq 02-21-05 6
   RE: You call these people street sm... sniknuh 02-21-05 7
       RE: You call these people street sm... frodo2 02-21-05 8
   RE: You call these people street sm... treena924 02-21-05 9
   RE: You call these people street sm... ARnutz 02-21-05 10
       RE: You call these people street sm... Olympic 02-21-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

treena924 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-20-05, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail treena924 Click to send private message to treena924 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: You call these people street smart?"
Maybe i see things different but i think the reason for tara asking what it will take was because they had already wasted so much time with angie calling alot of other people and they were running out of time.

frodo2 289 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-21-05, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodo2 Click to send private message to frodo2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: You call these people street smart?"
I think Tara did the right thing. They weren't trying to haggle a potential down, they needed a solid commitment in a very short time frame. She gave the woman an offer she couldn't refuse.

This shows good social skills. The goal isn't always to squeeze the hell out of everybody you deal with. They needed a director who would cooperate every step of the way, and any resentment as a result of a poor negotiation would have hurt them.

Tara is turning out to be one of the stronger ones in the NW team.

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-21-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: You call these people street smart?"
I agree! She secured the deal quietly, effectively, and without histronics. I was impressed. I'm sure even DT would agree that there are times you spend money to make money and don't always have to make the lowest deal. Now I do not compare this to Stephanie and the party planner. Good idea, bad execution.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-21-05, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: You call these people street smart?"
I was very happy to see Tara get more air time, and all of it positive. She's been on my radar since day one, because of the reasoning she gave for the name of the team. She also came up with the name of the team, and came up with the idea for this task being a casting director (admittedly I thought it was a bad idea but I was wrong). I'm positive she'll be in the final four. The only thing that worries me is the intimation that she was the one who was whining to Omarosa (see the article where Omarosa targets Mark Burnett). I HOPE it was Verna and not Tara in actuality.
Lastly, I don't think Tara offering a thousand was stupid. That was obviously what they had budgeted for the casting director. I don't think that what they have left over from the budget actually gets included in their income, though I could be wrong. They needed the casting director to be happy, as someone already said.

If you really want to be a sheep, I can point you to a shepherd.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-21-05, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: You call these people street smart?"
I agree a Smart team would've done better marketing of the Talent Agent than just pass flyers out on the street. They would've better targeted people interested in acting. They way the show appeared it looked as if they just assumed everyone on the street was an actor. This is New York not LA people!

I would've done Stacy's approach from the 2nd Apprentice. When they had the Bridal Show. Stacy acquired a list of potential brides.

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-21-05, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: You call these people street smart?"
Time is important. A lot of times when starting a business, you need weeks to prepare and get advertising out. Now, if they had a day or so to advertise, I would say post at acting classes, theaters, ect. At least call acting coaches and agents and the like to let them know they have a casting big wig out there.

Plus with possible tv exposure on "The Apprentice"

sniknuh 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-21-05, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sniknuh Click to send private message to sniknuh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: You call these people street smart?"
This shows good social skills. The goal isn't always to squeeze the hell out of everybody you deal with.

How are you squeezing someone when you give them EXACTLY what they ask for???? This has nothing to do with social skills....we are looking for business accumen.

frodo2 289 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-21-05, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodo2 Click to send private message to frodo2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: You call these people street smart?"
Business acumen is social skills.

treena924 113 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-05, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail treena924 Click to send private message to treena924 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: You call these people street smart?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-05 AT 07:22 PM (EST)

frodo2 I agree totally with you. I actually think tara has a shot at the final 4.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-05, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: You call these people street smart?"
I'm with you and everyone else, I agree.

She gave the woman an offer she couldn't say no to. This allowed the team to move on to the next activity of their plan. If the woman had said no, then they would've potentially wasted more time.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

Olympic 168 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-05, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Olympic Click to send private message to Olympic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: You call these people street smart?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-05 AT 11:29 PM (EST)

Doesn't matter if they gave her $500, $1,000...they had $5,000 in their credit card to give away....and I agree with everyone in here, it was better to give more money since the Casting Director did give people immediate jobs and I did hear them say that one person was going to start at $75 an hour.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •