The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Raft spoiler?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-15-05, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TenPin Click to send private message to TenPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Raft spoiler?"
I was reading over at the Lost TV boards and came across this quote from a NY Times article. It gives a brief mention on the fate of the raft the Michael is building. (I bolded the interesting part)

Mr. Lindelof listed his show's many leaps into the unknown: a locked hatch on the jungle floor, a marauding polar bear, an man-eating monster and more survivors from a previous plane crash. As adept as the writers, led by Mr. Lindelof and the "Alias" creator J. J. Abrams, have been at adding new mysteries, they now must subtract some. There's a hard-to-quantify moment when an audience stops feeling tantalized and starts feeling manipulated.

Mr. Lindelof committed to killing off a series regular by season's end; also by that point, the raft that some castaways have been building will have set sail, he said. But just who will live or die has always been a problem for this writing staff. "In the original pilot, Matthew Fox's character died halfway through," Mr. Lindelof explained. "We made him a real living, breathing, three-dimensional guy, so that his death would be shocking…

Questioning its validity, I went to the Times web site and read it there. Now, am I reading this correctly, or are the writers planning on having someone actually leave on the raft? The article doesn’t give any info on who might be going, when it might happen except before the seasons end, or anything else. It doesn’t even mention when the author of the article had this conversation with “Mr. Lindelof” or if the sailing of the raft is still plausible, but none the less it is an interesting tidbit to consider.

The link to the NY times is http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/14/arts/television/14lost.html
(I think you have to be a registered member in order to view the article)

TenPin

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Who is on the raft? TeamJoisey 03-16-05 1
   RE: Who is on the raft? TenPin 03-16-05 2
       RE: Who is on the raft? dabo 03-17-05 4
   RE: Who is on the raft? J I M B O 03-16-05 3
       RE: Who is on the raft? PepeLePew13 03-18-05 5
           RE: Who is on the raft? dabo 03-18-05 6
               RE: Who is on the raft? Risti 03-18-05 7
               Currents TeamJoisey 03-18-05 10
           RE: Who is on the raft? AugustGirl 03-18-05 8
               RE: Who is on the raft? FunTimeLost One 03-18-05 9
                   RE: Who is on the raft? AugustGirl 03-18-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-16-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Who is on the raft?"

Somebody refresh my memory.
Did Michael designate a fourth passenger?

We know Michael, Walt and Sawyer have spots on the raft.

Who might be the fourth?

And does that remove Sawyer from the Dead Pool?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-16-05, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TenPin Click to send private message to TenPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who is on the raft?"
To the best of my knowledge, the fourth passenger had not yet been determined.

In the episodes following the burning of the initial raft, Jin has played a major roll in the rebuilding process and by right should earn that fourth spot.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-05, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who is on the raft?"
Jin is also son of a poor fisherman. River boating isn't the same as ocean boating but he may have plenty of experience to bring to the raft trip.

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who is on the raft?"
And does that remove Sawyer from the Dead Pool?

i don't think so. when the sentence begins "also by that point" it could be refering to the "season's end".

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-05, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who is on the raft?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-05 AT 02:19 AM (EST)

Not only that, but the "the raft ... will have set sail" doesn't necessarily mean that they will keep sailing off into the horizon -- it could sink after going a few hundred yards or something like that and one of the people on the raft fall victim to drowning/shark/polar bear/take your pick.

Scratch and sniff

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-05, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who is on the raft?"
Actually, islands are surrounded by currents, they may take awhile circumnavigating their prison without finding a way to escape. At least not with the raft they have.

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-18-05, 04:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who is on the raft?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-05 AT 04:16 AM (EST)

Or perhaps simply sail around to the other side of the island, perhaps the spot where the Black Rock overlooks the sea...

Now *that* would be an inbetween seasons cliffhanger. The last two minutes of the finale showing them turning the corner with "What the heck" looks on their faces as they see just what they'd been setting up camp so close to for weeks...

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-18-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Currents"
Maybe, just maybe, ALL the currents push them toward the island, and they can't get any further than 500 yards from the beach on any side of the island.

I like the idea that they find the black rock, though. It's about time we learned more about that.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-05, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who is on the raft?"
Not only that, but the "the raft ... will have set sail" doesn't necessarily mean that they will keep sailing off into the horizon

It also doesn't mean that anyone is onboard when it does set sail. Someone/something could launch it without any passengers, and it floats out to sea empty.

a J Slice original. isn't she something?

FunTimeLost One 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-18-05, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FunTimeLost%20One Click to send private message to FunTimeLost%20One Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who is on the raft?"
I had the same thought August, the first one caught fire somehow through Walt, they never said he set fire to it, maybe just wishful think on his part, and his powers which we all seem to believe he has.

As to who the fourth person may be, lets break each passenger down.

Michale and Walt: Michale may realize that taking Walt out on the high ocean on a handmade raft is not the safest place to be, so may choose to leave Walt behind, or give up both their spots and trust that whoever does go will send help as soon as they can.

Sawyer: His spot was only contingent on the cable he provided for the first raft, that raft is now burned. He does not seem to be doing any work on the new one besides guarding it, add to that his attraction to Kate, I do not think he will be on the raft.

Jin: Yes, he is doing as much work as Mike on the boat, the rift with Sun makes hime a very likely canidate. He could also give up his spot to Sun, I believe they made some mention of her being the better swimmer.

Hurley: He has had some involement in the raft building, I really doubt he will go though, or, in a strange twist, take the raft himself thinking he is the only one lucky enough to actually find help.

Personally, I think none of the mains will be on the raft, maybe a group of redshirts, or whoever seems to have the best shot at a career outside of the "Lost" show.

Just my thoughts
Later

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Who is on the raft?"
Personally, I think none of the mains will be on the raft, maybe a group of redshirts, or whoever seems to have the best shot at a career outside of the "Lost" show.

I agree. If any of the mains are on the raft, I have no doubt that their trip will not be lengthy or far. I don't see the raft being a big part of the finale, or a part of the supposed death.

Welcome to the boards, Fun. Please call me Augie. One less letter to type.

a J Slice original. isn't she something?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •