The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Last night's detour was bad"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

donracefan 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-04-06, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail donracefan Click to send private message to donracefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Last night's detour was bad"
I want to say that I think last nights detour was complete bunk. The description was so long for dry, it's no wonder that the 2 teams in the lead would choose wet because if it took that long to describe a clue, one could certainly see how they might think their lead would evaporate actually trying to do it. I think the descriptions of the tasks were a disservice to the teams that chose wet. The teams choosing dry were both done before wet even though they started later - in MoJo's case, much later. Just my humble opinion. I have nothing against RaYo (though I am tired of MoJo) and I'm no fan of the Frats so I'm not saying this because it benefitted or detrimented any particular team. I can just see that bad choices were made because of the clue descriptions.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Detours realitybites 05-04-06 1
   RE: Detours donracefan 05-04-06 2
       RE: Detours nailbone 05-04-06 4
 This is not a spoiler topic IceCat 05-04-06 3
 RE: Last night's detour was bad MsShel330 05-05-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-04-06, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Detours"
I actually liked both detour choices last night. One choice was simple to follow, but physical and slow. The other choice was more complicated and took longer to get to, but quicker one you put the pieces together. Both, for sure, were better than the "find one of X needles in XYZ haystacks" detours that had been infesting this race.

In past races, Phil had explained some of the pros and cons of the detour choices, but I notice he hasn't been doing that this time around. I miss it.

I'm realitybites and I approved this post.

donracefan 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-04-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail donracefan Click to send private message to donracefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Detours"
If you were looking to get away from needle in a haystack, last night didn't do it. The teams had to find the oboe looking thing that matched theirs. True, it's not nesting dolls or laundry but it was still a searching task. Probably yet another reason I didn't care for it.

By the way, my apologies that I started this thread in the speculation forum. I realized it past too late.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-06, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Detours"
It was a searching clue, but you were looking for guys sitting in an area that you can run around in, not digging through piles of straw or dirt. Similar, but much easier.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-06, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "This is not a spoiler topic"
Moving to Bashers...

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-05-06, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Last night's detour was bad"
I liked the detour. I was completely wrong on how long it would take though. I figured that the 1st option, Wet, would be shorter than Dry. It's a good thing that I watch TAR instead of competing. It's always a gamble deciding which detour option to take. The time factor isn't only because of the tasks involved but also based on the skills possessed by each team.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •