The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sharpies"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-24-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sharpies"
are they or are they not THE most magical markers ever created?

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--bought some metallic silver ones for no apparent reason other than they looked cool

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sharpies Glow 05-24-04 1
   RE: Sharpies anotherkim 05-24-04 2
       RE: Sharpies Lisapooh 05-24-04 4
       RE: Sharpies StarryLuna 05-24-04 32
   RE: Sharpies deerhunter 05-24-04 21
 RE: Sharpies Lisapooh 05-24-04 3
   RE: Sharpies anotherkim 05-24-04 6
 RE: Sharpies grit 05-24-04 5
 Shar Peis? Devious Weasel 05-24-04 7
   RE: Shar Peis? cqvenus 05-24-04 24
       RE: Shar Peis? probably clueless 05-24-04 27
           RE: Shar Peis? cqvenus 05-24-04 31
 RE: Sharpies greenmonstah 05-24-04 8
   RE: Sharpies qwertypie 05-26-04 41
 they are. the. cqvenus 05-24-04 9
 RE: Sharpies landruajm 05-24-04 10
   RE: Sharpies Devious Weasel 05-24-04 14
       RE: Sharpies greenmonstah 05-24-04 15
       RE: Sharpies Glow 05-24-04 17
       Dawwwwg! probably clueless 05-24-04 18
           RE: Dawwwwg! Devious Weasel 05-24-04 19
               RE: Dawwwwg! probably clueless 05-24-04 29
                   RE: Dawwwwg! Devious Weasel 05-24-04 30
                       RE: Dawwwwg! probably clueless 05-24-04 33
 I've always had a thing moonbaby 05-24-04 11
   RE: I've always had a thing Magic Fingers 05-25-04 38
 RE: Sharpies true 05-24-04 12
 RE: Sharpies callalilly3000 05-24-04 13
   RE: Sharpies grit 05-24-04 16
 RE: Sharpies DoodleBug 05-24-04 20
 RE: Sharpies udg 05-24-04 22
   RE: Sharpies geg6 05-24-04 25
       RE: Sharpies udg 05-24-04 28
 sharkies? cqvenus 05-24-04 23
 RE: Sharpies Tiggertramp 05-24-04 26
   extra fine point sharpies boomerang 05-24-04 34
       Staples? moonbaby 05-24-04 35
 I agree with True Coconut 05-24-04 36
 I heart sharpies! Sheila 05-24-04 37
   RE: I heart sharpies! anotherkim 05-25-04 39
 RE: Sharpies ballerina_of_doom 05-25-04 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sharpies"
I just bought a huge package of them for $2 at a flea market. Every color imaginable. They looked pretty. I'm just not sure what I'm going to do with them.

an incredible JSlice creation

05-24-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sharpies"
You don't have to actually have a purpose for them. Just owning them in every possible color brings satisfaction to true Sharpie devotees. I've got my eye on one of those multi-packs and it WILL be mine as a "back-to-school" present, oh yes it will.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--currently only owns black (in varying tip widths), blue, red and green

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sharpies"
I have no use for the colors. It's all about the blue baby.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-24-04, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Sharpies"
Oh, Kim you must get the big multi-colored pack! Its fabulous! I bought myself a pack last year as a back-to-school present and I like the markers so much that I made my fiance buy me a second pack to put in my stocking at Christmas, just so I could keep a set at school and a set at home. I personally like to draw and doodle with them, which I do frequently in my sketchbook while the kids are working. Of course, I always forget about the bleeding through and proceed to ruin a second sketchbook page, but I just save those for testing color combinations for other projects.

"No woman ever falls in love with a man unless she has a better opinion of him than he deserves."

deerhunter 3325 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-24-04, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deerhunter Click to send private message to deerhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Sharpies"
With all of the different colors, you can have your own Tattoo Parlor.

Just a suggestion.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sharpies"
I could not edit copy or function in my career at all without an endless supply of blue ultra fine point Sharpies.

More important to my job satisfaction than the Cheetoes in the vending machine.

05-24-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Sharpies"
I enjoy the ultra fine point the most. I use it to write checks. THey look more official that way.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--of course there is the bleed through factor, so you have to be careful

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sharpies"
I have the full spectrum of colors and I use them at my Girl Scout meetings. My girls make the prettiest signs for our cookie booth sales.

I also use them on a big pad of paper when we plan our camping trips - I color code everything.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Shar Peis?"

Yes, I'm recycling that joke. There are tons of people here now who weren't around the first time I used it.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Shar Peis?"
i love the cyclic nature of this community

~ cq

i also love the stoners, for whom everything is brand new and hysterically funny each and every time

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Shar Peis?"
If I had a sharp thing, I'd paint it black.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Not sharp*

05-24-04, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Shar Peis?"
i see a red door and i want it painted black

~ cq

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sharpies"
Yes they are...unless you have employees, who for whatever idiotic reason du jour, insist on using them to write on the dry erase board...

This is why ISO is a big, stoopid joke around here.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-04, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Sharpies"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-04 AT 02:25 AM (EST)

Sounds like where I worked. Dilbertville all the way.

La Vida es un Tango!

05-24-04, 11:10 AM (EST)
9. "they are. the."

most.magical.markers

they just rock. i'm jealous of your silver one.

~ cq

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Sharpies"
Agreed. Pull off the cap, take a real deep breath...magic.

Which, come to think of it, explains an awful lot about Ratboy.

05-24-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Sharpies"
I've never sniffed a dog in my life.

I'm giving that joke one last chance.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Sharpies"
Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!

Always willing to help out DW

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Sharpies"
I thought it was funny.

an incredible JSlice creation

05-24-04, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Dawwwwg!"
How could I not recycle?

A Kittyloaf®Original

05-24-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Dawwwwg!"
How could I forget that time?

05-24-04, 02:31 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Dawwwwg!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-04 AT 02:33 PM (EST)

You're not gonna get all weird on me, cross-thread, and cry out loud, right?

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Knockers..we kneed a 'LUV U DUDE' here anytime you feel like dropping in*

ETA: That was kinda strange

05-24-04, 02:54 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Dawwwwg!"
No. I'll just keep it inside.

05-24-04, 04:15 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Dawwwwg!"
And hide all your feelings?

A Kittyloaf®Original
*this is getting rather pathetic but WTF*

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "I've always had a thing"
for magic markers of any kind. Loved to draw with them when I was a kid! Now? I'd love a whole room made of white board

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-25-04, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: I've always had a thing"

I have one whole room in my basement for the teens to write messages on the walls with Sharpies! Each wall is painted a bold bright color and we have a basketfull of Sharpies for their words of wisdom. I was a YFC leader for a few years and this was a way for the teens to express themselves. They had to keep it clean. I really don't think I could even paint over those walls, people still go down there to see what is written. I have been labeled the "cool mom" for letting the kids do this...lol.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Sharpies"
I hate them.

We might have one, or maybe two in the house, and somehow, the kids always manage to find them. Then, they proceed to color the furniture. Ugh.

This competition is not about who's singing in tune.--Simon Cowell

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-24-04, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Sharpies"
Sharpies make lovely wall decorations. As my two year old has shown me.

My oldest son left them out after doing a school project, and two seconds later, the wall in his room was filled with beautiful colors.

My question is: Other than painting the room, how do you remove these "Most magical markers ever created?"

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Sharpies"
Try Simple Green, rubbing alcohol, or nail polish remover...

...or a new coat of paint...

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Sharpies"
You are such a teacher. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
Survivor All Stars PTB Champ!

Loves a good sharpie.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Sharpies"
I've been told that Sharpies are the best for marking containers/baggies of food for freezing. Other markers run when frozen. Sharpies? Don't run.

UDG
"So when the audience speaks, so to speak, they're speaking." ~Jeff Probst

The last pen I used ran.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Sharpies"
It's so true that they don't run when frozen.

However, you will never be able to use the container for anything else ever again.

It's also true that they never come off the container.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Sharpies"
I'm a bad person. I use disposable containers for the freezer.

UDG
"So when the audience speaks, so to speak, they're speaking." ~Jeff Probst

Also ziplock style baggies.

05-24-04, 02:14 PM (EST)
23. "sharkies?"

am i the only one who saw this real quick and thought "sharkies? ooh... what's funny now???"

~ cq

where is that shark, anyway?

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Sharpies"
I *heart* purple sharpies, and the extra fine point sharpies are the very best ever.

Can not live in long term care without them. must label everything as someone will walk away with it...not on purpose mind you, just because they think it's theirs. If it's labelled we can get it back to the correct person.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

boomerang 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-24-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail boomerang Click to send private message to boomerang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "extra fine point sharpies"
Yes , I think the extra fine point sharpies are the best, too, but I have a devil of a time finding them. I usually have to special order mine through the mail. Does anybody know what national chain sells them?

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Staples?"
They sell everything! If you have a BJ's or Sam's Club check there too-I always use micro-rollerball pens and they sell them at BJ's pretty cheap.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-04, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "I agree with True"
in that I hate the dang things. I have washed approximately six billion Sharpies in my life (Luminou brings them home in his pockets), and, though they don't run, they annoy the heck out of me because they bing around in the washer.

I do have to wonder what the mill thinks when they have to order a new case of Sharpies every week.

Sheila 2069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-24-04, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheila Click to send private message to Sheila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "I heart sharpies!"
How do the metallic silver ones look on paper?

I've really only stuck with the basic black, red, and blue. But I totally freak out if my sharpie starts to dry up. I may forget to buy milk or toilet paper (ugh! I KNEW I forgot something today) but I never forget to buy sharpies when I need them.

05-25-04, 01:07 PM (EST)
39. "RE: I heart sharpies!"
They are just gorgeous. Shiny but not too shiny. They are designed for use on dark surfaces, so I plan to use them on black construction paper and to label various possessions, such as my stapler.

--I caved and bought the multi pack last night at wal Mart. Now I need to get the ultra fine set, too.

ballerina_of_doom 1462 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-25-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ballerina_of_doom Click to send private message to ballerina_of_doom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Sharpies"
I always signed my shoes with sharpies. They're the best.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •