The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Notice how RACE became an issue when Vee won? After denials?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

thewatcher 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-20-02, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thewatcher Click to send private message to thewatcher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Notice how RACE became an issue when Vee won? After denials?"
Did anyone else notice how RACE became an issue once Vee had her cabin and 40 acres from CBS, whereas she and Sean consistently denied (before this) that they did NOT have "an alliance" and the "color of their skin" had nothing to do with how they played the game? Some of the first words out of her mouth were, "WE did it, BROTHER!" WE???????????????????????

And they call we poor white folk "racists." What hypocrisy!

Neleh should have won, by heck. Or Paschal (who had the "balls" to tell Sean to shut up for running his mouth, but was nauseatingly politically correct for praising how great he was on the reunion).

Personally, I wish that GINA had won. WHAT A BABE !!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Notice how RACE became an issue... pointedhead 05-20-02 1
 RE: Notice how RACE became an issue... SurvivinDawg 05-20-02 2
   RE: Notice how RACE became an issue... Dakota 05-20-02 3
       RE: Notice how RACE became an issue... Mitrelleum 05-21-02 4
           RE: FYI, Mitrelleum Dakota 05-21-02 5
               RE: FYI, Mitrelleum Mitrelleum 05-22-02 10
 Aaaah Shuddup WHITEY! Dianetic 05-21-02 6
   RE: Aaaah Shuddup WHITEY! Jets 05-21-02 7
       being serious for a minute Dianetic 05-21-02 8
           RE: being serious for a minute Jets 05-21-02 9
               RE: being serious for a minute Mitrelleum 05-22-02 11
                   RE: being serious for a minute ShowMeTheWinner 06-01-02 13
 Notice how RACE became an issue whe... Dianetic 05-23-02 12
 RE: Notice how RACE became an issue... icequeen570 06-01-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pointedhead 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-02, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pointedhead Click to send private message to pointedhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Notice how RACE became an issue when Vee won? After denials?"
Can you imagine the outrage if two white people had done and said what Sean and Vee did? Vee says it was never about race and then tells Rosie that her win is dedicated to African Americans. At least Rosie was smart enough to try and attach all women and minorities to it. Racial hypocrisy at it's finest.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-20-02, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Notice how RACE became an issue when Vee won? After denials?"
Or Paschal (who had the "balls" to tell Sean to shut up for running his mouth, but was nauseatingly politically correct for praising how great he was on the reunion).

I must defend Pappy here a little bit. I think Pappy was heartfelt and genuine in his comments about Sean at the reunion show. I think Pappy really likes Sean, and liked everyone out there. Pappy is just that class of individual.

Pappy's argument during the show was largely due to (IMHO) gameplaying and Pappy's depleted mental and physical condition. Once he got some liquids into him, he was his old (good) self again.

I agree with everything else you said, however. Amazing how Vee remembered her skin color AFTER the votes were read...

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-02, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Notice how RACE became an issue when Vee won? After denials?"
Yea, I loved that "We did it" from the non-alliance. The non-alliance was an alliance, by golly, I don't care if they are both African American. They may never have said they were an alliance or wouldn't vote each other out, but they read each others' minds; it was when they realized that everyone else read their minds that they started the "just 'cause we're both African American".

Mitrelleum 257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-21-02, 03:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Notice how RACE became an issue when Vee won? After denials?"
Not that I disagree that Vee's race thing was an issue, but is it possible that she didn't realize the impact until it came down to the wire?
She had to have though to herself, that millions of African Americans and especially AA women, would somehow benefit from the recognizance of Vecepia's victory in a game like Survior?
And just think about all those Reebok ads promoting women?
This show has reeked of women, and with Missy Elliott in those Reebok adds, it had that touch of soul.
Every time I saw that commercial which shows a black woman with long braids doing something athletic, I automatically thought of Vecepia.
Not because she was black, but because she was the ONLY black woman in Marquesas, and because of the hair, I actually thought it was her the first time I saw it.
Not to mention how this year has started for AA's, and AA women.
(I really hate using "AA" but it'I'm too lazy to keep typing it out, and "black" is not informative enough. Gimme a break, no one is actually "black" or "white".) With Halle Berry winning the oscar, Vee had to think to herself, oh man, if I win this, it will be a huge step for people like me, and we need it.
So in the end, she learned to appreciate what it meant.
The question is, will this make her a tool for the African American society, and we she sell herself out in the name of it?
We'll find out.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-02, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: FYI, Mitrelleum "
The girl in the Reebok "Woman's World" ad doing the exercises is Venus Williams, a top 10 tennis player.

05-22-02, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mitrelleum Click to send private message to Mitrelleum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: FYI, Mitrelleum "
Thanks Dakota, I'm not very up on my sports stars.
And just so you guys know, I'm a white guy, and I've kinda been defending Vee on the board.
Don't get me wrong, she ain't perfect, just want people to open up their minds a little.

Dianetic 618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-21-02, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dianetic Click to send private message to Dianetic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Aaaah Shuddup WHITEY!"
Whitey's always got to come up with the argument that everything is all about race with us blacks. Vecepia was a hypocrit, a rat, and a snake no matter what the color of her skin was.
I better watch out or she might sneak up behind me and stab me in the back at any minute.

Tiger Woods and Halle Berry are black. I don't care what they want to call themselves.

No barbecued sausage for any of you!

Jets 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-02, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jets Click to send private message to Jets Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Aaaah Shuddup WHITEY!"
>Tiger Woods and Halle Berry are
>black. I don't care
>what they want to call
>themselves.

Does it matter that Woods is half Asian and Berry is half white?

Just asking that's all.

05-21-02, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dianetic Click to send private message to Dianetic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "being serious for a minute"
>>Tiger Woods and Halle Berry are
>>black. I don't care
>>what they want to call
>>themselves.
>
>
>Does it matter that Woods is
>half Asian and Berry is
>half white?

This is a really sticky issue. Not even Tiger likes to discuss race in the slightest. He also has some Native American blood and he's really not sure what to say about his ethnicity. Maybe it does matter to geneticists, census takers, or to THEM but I regard them both as black.

I don't want to make this thread turn ugly.

Jets 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-02, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jets Click to send private message to Jets Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: being serious for a minute"
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-02 AT 05:59 PM (EST)

>but I regard
>them both as black.
>
>I don't want to make this
>thread turn ugly.

Maybe things are not always as black or white as you seem to think.

Just saying that's all.

05-22-02, 01:22 AM (EST)
11. "RE: being serious for a minute"
Can I just remind you guys how Kathy jumped on Paschal and Neleh just after Vee won immunity?
Isn't it practically the same?

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-01-02, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: being serious for a minute"
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-02 AT 02:48 PM (EST)

Uhhh... I'm just a bit confused regarding the "Kathy jumped on P and N" issue and I'd appreciate it if someone could straighten me out. I had been toggling between channels during the commercials so I might have missed some Survivor action.

Did Kathy really betray P and N? I always thought that she didn't since she only voted with them but they never had an agreed alliance together (as opposed to P and N, and arguably V and S). However, V did betray Kathy because they had an explicit verbal agreement (also shown during the show) that if any of them won, they'd take the other to final two. So isn't it fair to say that Vee had betrayed Kathy but Kathy didn't betray P and N since she didn't have an explicit agreement? (or did I miss it?) I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify the situation. Thank you in advance.

SPECIAL NOTICE TO EVERYONE: If you haven't signed up for the Petition to Mark Burnett yet, please sign up now before our favorite show goes down the ratings toilet. Remember that this site's future rests in our hands now!

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

05-23-02, 02:24 PM (EST)
12. "Notice how RACE became an issue when Vee won? "
I heard Mark Burnett is going to start a new show feaTuring incredible African American people like Sean and Vee.

It's going to be called THE AMAZING RACE.

icequeen570 3 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-02, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail icequeen570 Click to send private message to icequeen570 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Notice how RACE became an issue when Vee won? After denials?"
Race was an issue because everybody was pinning Sean with Vee, solely based on race. They were obviously close but a bond does not equal an alliance. Obviously the two African-Americans are going to bond together over race and because they were together from the start. But that still doesn't mean they were a real alliance. They were together because of necessity (they only had each other) but Sean said it himself, he & Vee had their differences.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •