The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Should Episode 9 an elimination round?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

keat1 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-28-03, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail keat1 Click to send private message to keat1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Should Episode 9 an elimination round?"
Hi

I am wondering whether episode 9 should be considered an elimination round?

Phil always said 'who will be eliminated, tonight' when there is an elimination round and said 'who will be eliminated, next' when there is a non-elimination round, so how come this episode turned out to be elimination one?

Also in the Road block, neither Kelly/Jon or Millie/Chuck spell out the elimination sentence ' the last one get to the pit stop will be eliminated ' when they reading the clue ??

I think suddenly the producer decided this round is an elimination by seeing Kelly/Jon matched up closely with Millie/Chuck and then decided this is an elimination round...

By right it shouldn't be an elimination round... as following trend of TAR

So guess next round will be another elimination round before leaving last 2 episode non elimination round?( as follow TAR3?)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Of course realitybites 07-28-03 1
   RE: Of course keat1 07-28-03 2
 RE: Should Episode 9 an elimination... mikey 07-29-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-28-03, 03:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Of course"
Welcome to the boards, keat1.

1) Phil also said, "Who will be eliminated next?" in episode 7 when Tian & Jaree were eliminated.

2) Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Both of these were designed to mess with our heads since Phil & Co. had been so predictable about them in the past.

>I think suddenly the producer decided this round is an
>elimination by seeing Kelly/Jon matched up closely with
>Millie/Chuck and then decided this is an elimination round...

I disagree. I'm pretty sure they decide the elims and non-elims when they decide the course.

Though it's true that in TAR3 leg 9 was a non-elimination leg, in both TAR Classic and TAR2 they were eliminations.

There are 4 legs left in the race - leg 13 is the race to the finish (doesn't count as either elim or non-elim), and leg 12 is the one just before it which I'm pretty sure will remain non-elimination. That leaves leg 10 (this week) and leg 11 (next week) as the other non-elimination episode. I have a good idea which it is, but I'll keep it to myself for now.

keat1 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-28-03, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail keat1 Click to send private message to keat1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Of course"
Hi

Yeah, i also think if Phil have always said like that then people will know whether the episode is elimination round by judging what he said before the show.

For what i think, based on my judgement, this week will be an non-elimination round, this is because if this week is an elimination round, that would means the last 3 episode will be all non-elimination then the remaining 3 teams will not be motivated to work hard to reach towards the pit stop.

Hope my reason justified that.. but if CBS decided this would be elimination round, it would really dissappoint me, as TAR 3, i hate seeing Flo and Zach knowing that they won't be eliminated then they lag to reach the pit stop

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-29-03, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Should Episode 9 an elimination round?"
From the tarflies.com website (an excellent source to answer many of these questions:

"Do the teams know ahead of time which legs are non-elimination?
They're never told directly. In the first two seasons, however, the teams could guess which legs were non-elimination by the way the last clue was written. In elimination legs, this clue would say something like, "The last team to check in to the pit stop will be eliminated." But the last clue of non-elimination legs would say nothing about elimination. Starting with the third season, all clues were re-worded as, "The last team to check in to the pit stop may be eliminated" after the first few legs."

I seasons 1 and 2, the non-elimination legs were the second-to-last, fourth to last, and sixth to last, setting up a very predictable pattern. The only loop thrown into the mix was in season 3, when the fifth-to-last episode was non-elimination rather than the fourth-to-last. To the contestants who did not know when the episodes would be shown --particularly our heroes Jill and JV who went for the FF one leg too soon -- this must have been something of a shocker. However, it made perfect sense under the TV schedule, putting a nonelimination episode the night before thanksgving when very few were watching.
This time around, the airing has been delayed for several months so it is hard to tell when the originally-envisioned airdates were, and thus whether there is any TV-schedule reason to alter the pattern. I think it would be quite entertaining this time if they moved the final elimination episode up a week to this week -- to see if they can catch anyone napping and see if anyone goes for the FF early --but this would appear to be unlikely as it would leave the next two weeks as obvious non-elims.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •