The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-26-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Move of the Week: Episode Nine"

Welcome to the episode nine Move of the Week voting thread!

I'm back this week. Thanks very much to Bebo for filling in for me last week! You did great picking those moves!

Now let's move on to the show...

There are five choices here and you can pick one. The choice that gets the most votes will move on to the Move of the Season Vote at the end of the season.

These choices are based on moves of intelligence, great decisions made by a team, or great movements in the field of competition.

If you'd like to take a look at the episode eight thread, go here...
Episode Eight Voting Thread

1.Reichen/Chip and Jon/Al turn on their defrosters at the Poring Hot Springs parking lot before they leave to head toward Trushidup Palm Oil Plantation. Jon/Al still have some problems with the fog, but they don't suffer as much as Millie/Chuck and David/Jeff. Reichen/Chip move up to first place.

2.Jon/Al tell David/Jeff where the correct wheelbarrow is at the Trushidup Palm Oil Plantation. Jon/AL might be able to get some kind of future information out of David/Jeff, which could be crucial in the final episodes.

3.After heading miles in the wrong direction to the Detour, Reichen/Chip decide to just take the Fast Forward since they're on the road that leads to it. They win the Fast Forward and finish the leg in first place. They make good use of it in an elimination round, especially since at least one team won't even get to use their Fast Forward by the end of the race. They also win a trip to Latin America.

4.Jon beats Chuck in the critical race down the cave ladders. They're able to get a slight lead heading into the race for the finish.

5.Kelly/Jon observe that Millie/Chuck can't find the gear on their car. Jon quickly speeds up and starts to pull away. Kelly also remembers that the Pit Stop was near the Sanctuary they went by earlier. Millie/Chuck can only simply follow. In the sprint to the finish, Kelly/Jon finish in 4th place and stay alive in the race.

This vote will close Thursday 8:00 PM EST.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 #1 realitybites 07-26-03 1
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine cyclehausen 07-26-03 2
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine MsShel330 07-26-03 3
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine Steen 07-26-03 4
 #4 I_AM_HE 07-26-03 5
 #3 Survivorerist 07-26-03 6
 #3 tvgeek401 07-26-03 7
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine TeamJoisey 07-27-03 8
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine Violet Nyte 07-27-03 9
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine smiley 07-27-03 10
 #3 ShowMeTheWinner 07-27-03 11
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine Spidey 07-27-03 12
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine mikey 07-27-03 13
   RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine dajaki 07-28-03 18
 Move of the Week: Episode Nine 321Jump 07-27-03 14
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine Edgeless Grass 07-27-03 15
 #4 SteffiGurl 07-28-03 16
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine dajaki 07-28-03 17
 None of the above SurvivinDawg 07-28-03 19
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine cmanly 07-28-03 20
 #3 please tig_ger 07-28-03 21
 RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine PlumBlossom 07-29-03 22
 #4 memacmur 07-29-03 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-26-03, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "#1"
Reichen & Chip do it again.

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings

07-26-03, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine"

"I am an unlimited person, sadly living in a limited world."-Harlan Ellison

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-26-03, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
#4.

Steen 1544 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-26-03, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steen Click to send private message to Steen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine"

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-26-03, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "#4"
#1 was smart, but pretty minor

#2 i think won't matter much, this close to the end

#3 i can't give credit for since it was just another mistake by the dolts

#5 i guess deserves some consideration, but i'm gonna go with

#4, coming from a slight disadvantage to a slight lead that they were able to keep the rest of the way (of course its possible taht they could have come from slightly behind to win to, which would give the edge to #5). but i'll go with #4

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-26-03, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "#3"
Making the best of a bad situation. Love how they always stay calm when they make mistakes and can usually come up with some sort of contingency plan

(Another IceCat original )

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-26-03, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "#3"
its better than retracing steps. besides, they may not have been able to use the FF later on.
smiles
the tvgeek

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-27-03, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine"

I'll say #3 as well. They kept calm and made the best of their mistake. They didn't NEED the FF, but I'll bet the rest will rejuvenate them. Good use of a FF, in my opinion, even if they did stumble into it.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Violet Nyte 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-27-03, 03:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Violet%20Nyte Click to send private message to Violet%20Nyte Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine"

And it screwed over Jon/Kelly... too bad it didn't get them elliminated

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-27-03, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine"

OK so it wasnt an intended move but they got the fast forward which put jon and kelly in a bad position. And they won a vacation with it so who can complain LOL

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-27-03, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "#3"
I think it was a good use of the FF even when it's not intended. Backtracking would cost them precious time, and since so many teams have yet to use their FF, going after it at a later time might not prove to be a good idea.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-03, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
4.Jon beats Chuck in the critical race down the cave ladders. They're able to get a slight lead heading into the race for the finish.

Jon was a good 30 seconds behind Chuck (according to Kelly, anyway) and did a great job in overtaking him. (And the shots of Mille losing it were priceless. She must have used up all of her patience waiting for Chuck to commit. )

Had Jon not finished before Chuck, they could very well be out of the race.

Chip/Reichen's FF (#3) is a close second, but I just can't give them Move of the Week because it started with a mistake.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-03, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
4. Jon versus Chuck was the move of the race thus far. They were both flying up that ladder -- even the clown was taking it slow.

# 3 was a close second. I disagree with the theory (Jon's) that it did not make sense for any of the teams ahead to take the FF. There were only two meaningful FFs left, and four teams yet to take them. If you let Jon/Kelly take it from last place, someone in the first four will be eliminated -- had Millie/Chuck not messed up it could easily have been Reichen/Chip.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-28-03, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
I disagree with the theory (Jon's) that it did not make sense for any of the teams ahead to take the FF.

Should it surprise any of us that most of Jon's theories don't make sense or turn out to be accurate? LOL

321Jump 606 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-03, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 321Jump Click to send private message to 321Jump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
I'm going with #4. Some of the other choices were opportunities caused by prior mistakes.

(Has anyone noticed the irony? The move that was unanimously voted to be the move of week in episode eight may have indirectly caused the elimination of Millie and Chuck. Instead of sleeping, they tried to find an earlier flight. The lack of sleep caused by this and other plotting may have resulted in Millie being too tired to notice the sign instructing them to make a turn.)

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-27-03, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-03 AT 11:31 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-27-03 AT 11:28 PM (EST)

Tough job for you Magic Star! When there are SOOOOOOOOO many not so move this week, inversely proportionally, there will be very little 'move of the week'.

My thought process...(Actually I like the 'not-so-move' better)

1. This is a good move, telling us they are indeed experience traveler. With no more bunching along the way, every seconds do count.

2. Other than good friendship after the whole race, I don't think the clowns will get anything else out of this. At this late of the race, who will give you any critical information and make you win the race? Anyway, as long as Jeff and David don't get themselve in anymore situation which need Jon/Al to waste their time to rescue them, I think that would be of great help already!

3. This is fated. And R/C just follow what the fated move god given them...and win the cruise which they miss just by nick of time in last episode! Actually it's just right to take it as with so many other team not claim their F/F, you might not get it when you need it....as demo by Kelly and Jon.

4. Jon is looking stronger physically...so it's just merely race..nothing so much to do with 'move' or 'not-move'. Anyway, with Kelly know the way to the pitstop and Millie needs Chuck to read the map..even if M/C is in the lead, they will be caught up easily by Jon/Kelly, no matter what.

5. I wonder how does Kelly and Jon actually 'observed' that Chuck is having problem with his gear?? They should be busy looking at the traffic and their way, how could they 'view' M/C like we do? However, the act of 'remembering the way' is indeed of great help, at least that shows that Kelly did not actually give up the race thinking they would lose and still do her part of remembering the route they passed.

My vote: #1, follow by #5, follow by #3.

----------------- Bye!! ^O^ --------------------

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-28-03, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "#4"
Go Jonny Go.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-28-03, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
#3 - Adaptability keeps good racers in the hunt. Last week it was Millie and Chuck using their time to find an earlier flight. This week it is Reichen and Chip who, upon discovering their mistake, turned their error into an advantage.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "None of the above"
My choice would be simply Kelly/John not giving up in spite of the adversity of being soundly beaten to the Fast Forward. Their perserverance enabled them to defeat the hapless Chuck and the strung-out Millie in a race to the finish that was not as close as was edited.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

cmanly 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-28-03, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmanly Click to send private message to cmanly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
My vote is for #3. We won't know how much of a move it was until we see how much of a head start they have, and whether it become irrelevant with some bunching at the beginning of the next episode. I do think that there's a chance that 2 teams (Kelly & Jon for sure, and maybe joined by the clowns) will go for the fast forward together on one of the next episodes, which will probably cost the team that loses it the game. Reichen and Chip have elimiated themselves from that possibility.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-28-03, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "#3 please"
When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. (or margaritas)

Reichen and Chip make the best of a bad situation, fast forward in to rest, while Kelly and Jon have to fight to remain in last place. No point in backtracking, and it shows that this team knew their options and selected the best one. Good move.

A Kyngsladye Original

Tig_ger: The Holy Mother of Inclusion

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-03, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Move of the Week: Episode Nine"

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-29-03, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "#4"
Only because #3 was actually a mistake. Had they planned to do things that way, it would have looked brilliant - use the FF at a time when not everyone else is looking to do so as well (the next 2 weeks should be interesting in that regards), get a sizeable lead thanks to the screwing of J/K, and win a trip.

However, it was an accident. So I'll go with #4 because it was a good move. The rest of the choices seemed more like 'lack of a horrible moves'. But given the incompetence shown last episode I'm amazed magic_star could find ANY good moves!

MEmacmur

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •