The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor World Cup - Final Results"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-02-02, 03:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor World Cup - Final Results"
Again, I would first like to note that this is merely a fictional account. Except for the voting, none of this actually happened. So with that said, in the spirit of the Survivor World Cup, sit back and enjoy!

<The Survivor Sports Update Theme plays>

SirErist: Welcome back to Survivor Sports Update. Our main story tonight, the conclusion of the Survivor World Cup. A little information for anyone who hasn't been following this marvelous event. The SWC was a World-Cup style tournament between 32 Survivors from the 4 various American casts, with us, the fans, deciding the winners and the losers. As the contest went on, Survivors began to get eliminated, until there were only 4 remaining. The finals matchups were Survivor: The Australian Outback's Colby Donaldson against Survivor: Marquesas' Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien for the championship, and Survivor: Africa's Lex Van Den Berghe (which I have been misspelling the entire time) against Survivor: Marquesas' Gina Crews for third place. Let's take a look at the roads these four mighty warriors have travelled to get where they were today.

Colby Donaldson came into this tournament as the #2 seeded player. He pulled off a victory in the extremely tough Group A and proceeded to emerge victorious against Hunter Ellis of Survivor: Marquesas, Gervase Peterson of Survivor: Palau Tiga and Lex Van Den Berghe of Survivor: Africa to secure his place in the finals.

Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien was a longshot ranked #26 coming into this tournament. However, she triumphed in Group D, despite #4 seed Elisabeth Filaski as competition, to advance to the knockout stage. Here, she beat Susan Hawk of Survivor: Palau Tiga, slayed the #3 giant Jeff Varner of Survivor: Australia, and then triumphed over Survivor: Marquesas tribemate Gina Crews to earn her place in the finals.

Lex Van Den Berghe was the one that everyone was looking out for. Known for his quick temper and wild agression, it was no doubt he managed to capture the #1 seeded position going into the tournament. His confidence, however, took a hit as he was only able to secure 2nd place in Group A, losing the top spot to Colby Donaldson. In the knockout stage of the tournament, Van Den Berghe knocked off Survivor: Africa's Brandon Quinton and Survivor: Australia's Rodger Bingham before falling yet again to Donaldson in the semi-finals.

Gina Crews, known for her proficiency with a watermelon seed, hoped to carry her talents onto the soccer field as this tournament's #10 ranked player. After levelling the competition in group E, she racked up two more victories against Alicia Calaway and #4 seed Elisabeth Filarski. However, her hot streak ended there as she was shocked in a blowout against Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien in the semi-finals.

So there you have it, our two matchups for the finals of the Survivor World Cup tournament. In these two matchups, the winner was put to a vote by fans from the insanely popular SurvivorBlows.com There were two ways to vote, by post reply or by e-mail. In the end, there were 30 votes cast in total, 23 by post reply and 7 by e-mail. First, the results of the third-place matchup...

Consolation Match (Winner takes 3rd place)

Lex Van Den Berghe (#1 overall) vs. Gina Crews (#10 overall)

1st Half (Post Reply Votes)

In terms of post reply votes, the sugary sweetheart nature of Crews hammered Van Den Berghe's berserker-type strategy which served him so well in the past. Out of the 23 votes cast, Crews received 16 and Van Den Berghe received 7.

Halftime Score

Lex Van Den Berghe: 7
Gina Crews: 16

2nd Half (E-mail Votes)

Van Den Berghe made his move in this category, winning e-mail votes 5-2. However, it would not be enough as Crews held too large a lead at that point.

Final Score

Gina Crews (18) vs. Lex Van Den Berghe (12)

SirErist: Now, we go to the moment we've all been waiting for, the results of that big match, the one that decides who takes home Survivor: World Cup Gold...

Championship Match (Winner Takes 1st Place)

Colby Donaldson (#2 overall) vs. Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien (#26 overall)

1st Half (Post Reply Votes)

This match was slightly closer than the last, with Vavrick-O'Brien winning 14 of the 23 Post Reply Votes and Donaldson winning 9. In the 2nd half of the game, Donaldson would need 6 of the 7 votes to tie the match or all 7 to win.

Halftime Score

Colby Donaldson: 9
Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien: 14

2nd Half (E-mail Votes)

As the votes from the E-mail portion of the contest were being tallied, the two competitors watched in anxiousness. The first five votes cast were all for Colby, as the Texan began to get excited. However, he would fall short of his mark as the final 2 votes both went in favour of underdog Vavrick-O'Brien, who became the first Survivor World Cup champion!

Final Score

Colby Donaldson (14) vs. Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien (16)

SirErist: At the closing ceremonies and official presentation following the finals game, champion Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien graciously accepted her gold medal and trophy, exclaiming, "Holy Mother McGrady! What an awesome tournament!" Colby Donaldson, standing proud atop his second place platform, jumped up and embraced his victorious opponent. Gina Crews, the third place winner, dedicated her consolation victory to an unknown "fellow Gator" and Lex Van Den Burghe noted that he would now be training for next time, when he would hopefully get another shot at victory. And that's all she wrote, folks. This is SirErist signing off, saying, "Whether you taste the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat, make sure you play the game well and you'll always be a winner!"

Recap of Final Matches

Championship: Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien (16) over Colby Donaldson (14)

Consolation: Gina Crews (18) over Lex Van Den Burghe (12)

Final Results

1st: Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien (Marquesas)
2nd: Colby Donaldson (Outback)
3rd: Gina Crews (Marquesas)
4th: Lex Van Den Burghe (Africa)

5th-8th: Rodger Bingham (Outback), Elisabeth Filarski (Outback), Gervase Peterson (Palau Tiga), Jeff Varner (Outback)

9th-16th: Rudy Boesch (Palau Tiga), Alicia Calaway (Outback), Gretchen Cordy (Palau Tiga), Hunter Ellis (Marquesas), Susan Hawk (Palau Tiga), Jerri Manthey (Outback), Kim Powers (Africa), Brandon Quinton (Africa)

17th-32nd: "Big Tom" Buchanan (Africa), Gabriel Cade (Marquesas), Teresa Cooper (Africa), Neleh Dennis (Marquesas), Kelly Goldsmith (Africa), Colleen Haskell (Palau Tiga), Richard Hatch (Palau Tiga), Tammy Leitner (Marquesas), Rob Mariano (Marquesas), Lindsey Rhicter (Africa), Michael Skupin (Outback), Vecepia Towery (Marquesas), Tina Wesson (Outback), Kelly Wigglesworth (Palau Tiga), Zoe Zanidakis (Marquesas), Ethan Zohn (Africa)

------------------------

Final Note: I'd like to thank everyone for letting me host this wonderful game. It would have been nothing without all of us getting excited for it and voting. Thanks to everyone for supporting the Survivor World Cup. Thanks also to everyone for all the kind comments in the vote threads and encouragement, even when I was a little late in posting the results and had to do a rush job. I hope everyone had a lot of fun during the course of the Survivor World Cup and I hope that, eventually, there will be both a reason and an opportunity for a second Survivor World Cup Cheers everyone!

=======================

Survivorerist - Oh where oh where did my sig pic go?

(Courtesy of Strider )

"Oh my heck, I'm so very glad that that's over. The 2001-2 television season was, for this sofa spud, cruelly and unusually punishing."
-Antonia Zerbisias, The Toronto Star

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Resu... ShowMeTheWinner 07-02-02 1
 RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Resu... moonbaby 07-02-02 2
 RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Resu... katem 07-02-02 3
   RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Resu... ivoryElephant 07-02-02 4
       RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Resu... toddE 07-02-02 6
 RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Resu... dabo 07-02-02 5
 RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Resu... Kokoro 07-04-02 7
 RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Resu... ivoryElephant 07-05-02 8
   RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Resu... Survivorerist 07-05-02 9
   RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Resu... Kokoro 07-05-02 10
   RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Resu... ShowMeTheWinner 07-06-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-02-02, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Results"
Thanks to 'erist for hosting a great game.
Congratulations to all the winners and a big toast to ivory and everyone who voted for Kathy . WOOHOO... Three cheers for Kathy!!!

SPECIAL NOTICE TO EVERYONE: If you haven't signed up for the Petition to Mark Burnett yet, please sign up now before our favorite show goes down the ratings toilet. Remember that this site's future rests in our hands now!

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-02-02, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Results"
Great job, Sir, and very entertaining! Thank you! Sorry I kept forgetting to vote

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-02-02, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Results"
YAY FOR KATHY !!!! She finally got what she deserved, as did Gina.

Sadly for Colby, once again he is a bridesmaid, how funny. Maybe that will humble him.

Srist, this was fun, do another one after S5, next time put Johnny pots and pans in there.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-02-02, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Results"

Congratulations to our favorite survivor Kathy

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-02-02, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Results"
Yay Kathy, and Props to you, Ivory, for that photo of her with Rob, which was the time when I really started to like her.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-02-02, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Results"
Yay, Kathy won! Yay, the witch-hunting gut didn't!

Thanks for running this fun game, Sir E, and for all the extra effort you put into it!

SMILES ARE FREE

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-04-02, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Results"
Damn that was close - I see all you sneaky email voters trying to push the vote >;)

Anyway, yay Kathy, Colby and Gina!

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-05-02, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Results"

I emailed Kathy again and told her about this thread. She read it and here is what she had to say: "This is a riot - what fun - you guys are a blast - we should all get together
and party someday in LA" -Kathy

She said a lot more but I am not gonna post the whole email here since it seems private.
It was the third response I got from her and the longest

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-05-02, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Results"
>>>I emailed Kathy again and told her about this thread. She read it and here is what she had to say: "This is a riot - what fun - you guys are a blast - we should all get together and party someday in LA" -Kathy<<<

Wow...what a compliment! And I am soooo there (if my parents give me permission, that is...)

=======================

Survivorerist - Oh where oh where did my sig pic go?

(Courtesy of Strider )

"Oh my heck, I'm so very glad that that's over. The 2001-2 television season was, for this sofa spud, cruelly and unusually punishing."
-Antonia Zerbisias, The Toronto Star

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-05-02, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Results"
Kathy is just so cool....oh and so is this game (reading that last paragraph before the tally was actually keeping me in suspense, it was so damn close! ;) - thanks for doing the whole thing Erist ^_~

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-06-02, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor World Cup - Final Results"
Sob, sob... I'm so touched by Kathy's response. I didn't think that she'd ever read our thread with her busy schedule. I've e-mailed her once during the game and I think I'm gonna e-mail her again.

SPECIAL NOTICE TO EVERYONE: If you haven't signed up for the Petition to Mark Burnett yet, please sign up now before our favorite show goes down the ratings toilet. Remember that this site's future rests in our hands now!

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •