The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who loves Simon Cowell"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

vinspartacus 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-29-04, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vinspartacus Click to send private message to vinspartacus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who loves Simon Cowell"
Well we all love Simon dont we. Almost makes me ashamed to be British. He is doing his job but some times he can be so hard on all those contestants even driving some to tears.
He did the same here in the UK aswell so dont worry folks.
You are all doing well.

Vince.
England.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who loves Simon Cowell lyrker 02-29-04 1
 RE: Who loves Simon Cowell? KATZENJAMMER KID 03-10-04 2
 RE: Who loves Simon Cowell geg6 03-10-04 3
 RE: Who loves Simon Cowell buckeyegirl 03-10-04 4
 RE: Who loves Simon Cowell greenmonstah 03-10-04 5
 RE: Who loves Simon Cowell goDAWful 03-10-04 6
   RE: Who loves Simon Cowell greenmonstah 03-10-04 7
       RE: Who loves Simon Cowell goDAWful 03-10-04 8
 RE: Who loves Simon Cowell ejm92 03-10-04 9
   RE: Who loves Simon Cowell realityshowgeek 03-12-04 10
       RE: Who loves Simon Cowell goDAWful 03-12-04 11
           RE: Who loves Simon Cowell leogirl_21 03-12-04 12
 RE: Who loves Simon Cowell Desert Trip 03-12-04 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-29-04, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who loves Simon Cowell"
I think folks need to learn to take what he says with a large grain of salt. He deliberately puts his opinions in the most insulting way possible. He actually looks *sour* when there's nothing that he can say about a performance that isn't negative. If he weren't around, Paula's too-sweet, too-nice attitude would make the show hard to watch. Not too mention a lot of folks would probably get through who really shouldn't. More, anyway. Still not over the brothers from group 2...

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

KATZENJAMMER KID 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-10-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KATZENJAMMER%20KID Click to send private message to KATZENJAMMER%20KID Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who loves Simon Cowell?"
“… almost makes me ashamed to be British.”

No no – don’t be! Personally I prefer people like Simon who tells it like it is … besides, he certainly talks sense! Contestants should not take comments personally and instead focus on how to further improve their craft.

AI episodes are aired approximately 2 weeks later on cable here in South East Asia. No fun reading in the papers ahead of time who won. Bummer!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-04, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who loves Simon Cowell"
Don't be ashamed, Vince! I am only second generation American, with both sets of grandparents immigrating here from the UK. I'm certainly not ashamed that Simon is also of British blood. I personally think that Simon is one of the best things about AI. I don't always agree with him, but the reality is that this show is about having what it takes to make it in the pop music business. And the reality of the pop music business is that it is tough out there and if you're going to make a career of it, you better be tough, too. If you're not tough enough to take Simon's criticisms and make them work for you, then you're not tough enough to make it. I'd rather hear a dose of brutal reality from Simon than have some of these people (especially those with little talent) think that they are what I want to listen to on the radio. There's enough Britney Spears-type of no-talent lip synchers on the radio and I think of Simon as one of the people who protect me from too much of that ilk.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who loves Simon Cowell"
I am actually liking Simon a lot more this season. Paula's sweetness is almost, well, too sweet. I have actually found myself agreeing with most of his comments this season. Yes, he could make his comments a little nicer, but he says them for the shock value. I found myself getting really annoyed at Ryan and the audience last night for giving Simon such a hard time with his comments. However, I'm beginning to wonder if they have sign up that says "boo when Simon talks...."

A Kyngsladye Original. RMMW!

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who loves Simon Cowell"
Vince...I love the way Simon says the word: "competition"...which he says at least 5 times an episode. Just as I love the way you Brits say "The Beatles"...

goDAWful 34 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goDAWful Click to send private message to goDAWful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Who loves Simon Cowell"
Cowell is the only thinking being on the judging panel. Clearly, the contestants (and their parents and supporters) are uninterested in what Paula and the other one have to say; they want to hear only whether their efforts pleased Simon's ear, because they are aware that he is the only critically competent individual at the table.

Whether or not they like Cowell's analysis, they understand that his standard is the one they have to meet. If they suck, he tells them so. If they don't suck, he tells them so. Paula and the other one are irrelevant to the proceedings with their "What's up dog!" and "You really looked like you were enjoying yourself!" platitudes -- issued, unfailingly, to contestants that they know will not make the cut.

If Cowell wasn't on the show, viewing figures would be significantly lower. Is there a topic here for Star Search? Nope. Why? Because nobody cares about it or the people who are on it or who goes on to win. And why is that? Because there is no Cowell equivalent to provide the fabulous television that is some pudgy, parentally over-acclaimed princess have her silly dream crushed while the nation bears witness. Like it or not, that's what Cowell is there to do, so crying about him being "mean" and "bringing people to tears" is superfluous.

"You are all doing well," reassures Vince in this thread, as generously as many of these people's parents must have been all their lives to make them think they're good enough to be the "next American Idol." Oh please, Vince, don't be so patronizing! They are NOT all doing well. 99% of them are utterly atrocious and should stay at home singing into a hairbrush in front of their bedroom mirror except insofar as it's entertaining for people like us to witness Cowell telling them this for the first time in their lives (and don't pretend you don't secretly enjoy it, because there's always the OFF switch if you find it that traumatic).

In case anyone's interested, my chum on the UK Idol tour tells me, "It's a musical abbattoir. Many classics are being slaughtered." Apparently it's an international trend!

I shall be back with more awful truths about American Idol and Pop Idol as they reach my shell-like ear.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-04, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who loves Simon Cowell"
Great. Now look what you did...you went ahead and created an incredibly brillant screen name and have put the rest of us to shame...you have dwarfed the lot of us.

Welcome goDAWful Please keep on posting!

03-10-04, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goDAWful Click to send private message to goDAWful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who loves Simon Cowell"
Why, thank you, Monstah!

And by coincidence, your screen name caught my eye too, since "Monstah" is what I call my kitty when I love it especially much. But now you are making me soppy, and I have a reputation as a horrid, hard-nosed music biz type that I must protect, so stop it at once. ;)

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-10-04, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Who loves Simon Cowell"
The majority of the time I agree with and understand Simon's opinion....occasionally, however, he has an opinion that is just out of left field and I think may be either due to his mood at the time or due to the fact that he can't hear the contestants correctly in the studio......his book, "I Don't Mean To Be Rude, But..." is a great read, it really gives some insight into who he is.

Survivor All-Stars: Let's Go Big Tom!

realityshowgeek 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-12-04, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who loves Simon Cowell"
I think Simon is the only one of the judges giving an honest opinion. No one cares about the nonsense coming out of Randy's mouth. As a Black person-he makes me cringe!!! Did you notice during the initial auditions he parroted Simon. There is nothing original about this big, obnoxious, fake-a$$, homeboy. And Paula-poor Paula, she has to be the diplomatic one. Just once, I would love to hear her tell these people the truth. I believe in looking for someone's strenths, but when you're a performer, someone, everyone should tell you the truth. I think Paula is afraid if she criticizes their singing, she will be reminded just how thin her talent was behind the mike.

03-12-04, 11:42 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Who loves Simon Cowell"
Right on, geek!! I think you have hit the nail square on the head re: Paula. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, should they, Paula!

Love it.

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-12-04, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Who loves Simon Cowell"
I like him. I think that even though he is blunt and sometimes too shrewd, he is being honest and he tells it like it is.

Desert Trip 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-12-04, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Desert%20Trip Click to send private message to Desert%20Trip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Who loves Simon Cowell"
I think that what he says is honest and sometimes I think he is actually holding back from what he would REALLY like to say.

I was a free-lance writer for a music magazine with a monthly review critiquing local and national music shows and/or releases. Sometimes, you HAVE to be brutal. It may hurt the person who is hearing it, but it might be what is needed to cut through their ego and self-delusion.

Imagine Joe Blow mega star in his own mind hearing Simon say: "It could have been better. You hit a few bad notes, but you hung in there."

He'd walk away thinking - "I rock!!!"

Now, imagine Joe Blow hearing: "Dude, that was the worst thing I have EVER heard. You have no voice and your presence on stage should embarrass both you and your family."

THAT feedback might save Joe Blow years of humiliation at local talent shows.

Then again - maybe not. Some egos are impenetrable.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •