The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Technical Difficulty--Official Ep 6. Summary finally here"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-18-02, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Technical Difficulty--Official Ep 6. Summary finally here"
Welcome to TAR 3. I am your host, Loser Kim who did not realize this was her week. Damn CBS for that schedule change which totally confused me. I didn’t take notes, although I did watch the show, because like a train wreck, I cannot pass it by.

So, here is the off-the-top-of-her-head, facts-may-be-erroneous summary of last week’s episode of TAR 3. I cheated and used the CBS site for some specifics.

There were cheers and tears as the Will and Grace wannabes were FINALLY eliminated and the most. annoying. team. ever. moved into first. LOOSE THE HAT IAN. (sorry, I can’t help myself).

Our players begin their day in the Moroccan city of Fez, then head to Casablanca. At this point thousands of viewers are surprised to learn that these are really cities—TAR, our own little geography lesson. The directions say DRIVE and amazingly, all of them do.

It’s all about the brothers as they leave—the three fraternal duos exit and hang together—Guns and Hoses freely admitting that they need the help of the other two groups. A little further back. FloZac and John Jill hit the road—also together, but with much less of the anti-twin sentiment than we have seen in previous episodes. The team everyone loves to hate, Teri and Jackass, leaves in this pack. Through editing, we are led to believe that AA isn’t too far behind, maybe they still have a chance, etc. They are screwed from the minute they leave 90 minutes behind the others because they are not resourceful and they are annoying. If that didn’t cinch it for us all, this quote does: "We did entertain the notion last night that perhaps it was all over for us, but we're still totally in it, and we have a lot more to give to this race." Bye-bye.

Blah, blah, blah—they end up in Casablanca. Zip, zoom through the pretty shots—they find the marker and grab their clues in typical fashion and find that they must head off on a train for another 150 mile trek to Marrakech. Then from there, take a cab to an oasis called The Palmarie (which several of them cannot pronounce if memory serves me correctly). Anyone who has ever seen an episode of TAR knows that now AA does stand a slight chance of catching up because there are two excellent bunching up opportunities ahead. But, we can still dream, eh?

John Jill discovers a twist in TAR when their car breaks down. Turns out if it dies through no fault of your own (note to the diesel dummies), then it will be replaced for you. So, while they wait, Teri and Jackass weasel their way into a fourth place race with FloZac. And yet again, Jackass proves himself worthy of his many nicknames. He throws an oh-so-mature fit over a cabbie and berates his poor wife (wake up Teri) when she suggests they get off the highway. I can’t quote him because in my mind all I was hearing when I watched the vid clip was “Blah, blah, blah, I am a jackass, blah, blah, blah.” Thousands of viewers are surprised to learn that anyone has this much self restraint (raise your hand right now if you would tell Jackass to take the map and shove it up his own highway).

The fraternity makes it to the first train, leaving FloZack et al to wait for the next train. Great debate among those remaining about whether or not to use the fast forward. Flo is inclined to do so, then Zack convinces her to wait. Jackass want to use the FF because the poor baby is tired—yelling and insulting must burn a lot of energy, eh? The former anti-twin teams decide to use their Survivor knowledge and play Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide who should go for the FF against Teri and Jackass. John Jill wins and goes, despite my screaming at the television that they shouldn’t waste their time AA is still MILES behind them. They don’t hear me, but they also don’t win the FF and waste it. Teri and Jackass search through a butt load of carpets and proceed to the pitstop. Thousands of viewers are relieved that they do not have to watch Jackass offend yet another country and his wife again. Move on already.

The fraternity does the detour which involves ATV riding—oh, wait Sand Bikes actually. Or horses. Once you reach the destination via an unmarked trail, you make a rubbing of a giant rock which has the next destination on it—parts must be translated. Ken and Gerard are the only ones who try the horse and they end up on the ATVs, er SandBikes. FloZac sees them and offers money because Flo doesn’t want to get dirty or work too hard. Turns out Flo and Zack have tons of money and K and G have very little—wonder who has been spending money on food? (Zack could have dropped a few bucks on a new do—the Screechlike ponytail/hair thing is getting very very old). For $30, FloZac learns to take the ATVs...duh,. and K and G go off to eat.

Teri and Jackass win the leg. I am thrilled that they only win dinky digital cameras and not some good cruise or vacation. Jackass doesn’t need another trip on which to verbally abuse his wife and those around him.

Off to Café Glacier which doesn’t open its rooftop until 4:45. Thousands of viewers are not surprised in the least that the whole gang, minus Jackass and Terri and AA, bunches up at the door. Once atop, they discover a Roadblock. Phil has to tell us once again what a Roadblock is (raise your hand if you find this incredibly annoying as well). This time, they have to sell 5 bowls of escargot—a favorite food of the Moroccans. Ick, eeeew, blech.

In the plaza, they peddle their snails. Despite it being a crowd favorite, the natives don’t exactly rush the salesmen. The tasty (not) delicacy sells for less than 50 cents American which should have any number of chi-chi gourmets in this country wondering wtf the darn things are so pricey here.

Step right up, get your snails right here….They fight for customers. Evidently the Wonder Twin could not figure out how to form himself as a vendor—he came in dead last. Guns and Hoses finished first, followed by John, Jill, GK, and then FloZac. They race like mad to the pitstop in cabs.

Here is where it gets odd and I was not paying attention closely enough because the kids were running around like mad and I had forgotten it was my turn to do the &*^$%# summary…but, Guns and Hoses’ cabbie takes them off to the middle of NOWHERE and they are detained. Drama, drama, drama—but look at the clock and you realize that it can’t be too dramatic because it is almost the end. Editing makes you think they were there for hours, but in the end, you see it wasn’t qute so because…..

AA is STILL in last place. Never before has 90 minutes been so far behind. It might as well have been 24 hours...oh, wait that was the cheerleader and his Daddy. Well, they might as well have been in another country---oh, wait, that was the Goofy Grannies. To their credit, AA keeps on fighting….they could have just shacked up in a hotel…oh, wait that was Michael and Kathy. Or they could have just caught a cab…okay, you get the idea.

In the end, the whiny, petty, jealous couple brings up the rear. Not that John Jill and Guns and Hoses didn’t TRY to give it to them once again with the car trouble and the detention…I half expected someone else to do something stupid so that these two could squeak by yet again, but blessedly, they were axed. Now, if Jackass could just get lost…..

Next week:

Copied straight from the CBS website:

As Teams race from Morocco to Germany and Austria, one Team member finds another Team's lost clue, then feels betrayed when they refuse to provide help later in return (I hope someone betrays Jackass)

During a critical train ride, a Team oversleeps and misses their stop, sending the unwitting Team in the wrong direction (If it is Jackass, you can bet he will blame it on Teri).

A flat tire grounds one Team during a desperate race to the Pit Stop (probably Jackass—maybe he put water in the tires instead of air).

Multiple apologies! I swear I will do better next time!

Miscellaneous Ramblings

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Technical Difficulty--Official ... Zman 11-18-02 1
   RE: Technical Difficulty--Official ... mocha madness 11-18-02 2
   RE: Technical Difficulty--Official ... Sophie 11-18-02 3
       RE: Technical Difficulty--Official ... kpod 11-19-02 9
   You say tomahto.... anotherkim 11-18-02 5
   RE: Technical Difficulty--Official ... realitycoholic 11-18-02 6
 RE: Technical Difficulty--Official ... AMAI 11-18-02 4
 RE: Technical Difficulty--Official ... L82LIFE 11-19-02 7
 RE: Technical Difficulty--Official ... buckeyegirl 11-19-02 8
 RE: Technical Difficulty--Official ... TeamJoisey 11-20-02 10
 RE: Technical Difficulty--Official ... Lisapooh 12-02-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Zman 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-18-02, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zman Click to send private message to Zman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Technical Difficulty--Official Ep 6. Summary finally here"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-02 AT 01:15 PM (EST)

I am a fan of team "IT", "Jackass", or Terrier, whichever you perfer, your eps. evaluation was very good, I do aggree with the fact that they mostly Ian are out of control. But you did fail to mention they are competent racers some of the best we have seen to date...and I do agree he acts bad, don't you think some it is CBS editing? I also like JVJ, OH Brothers and the Twins, all of these teams bring a very interesting contrast to the show.

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-18-02, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Technical Difficulty--Official Ep 6. Summary finally here"
Look Zman. You are not just a fan of team Jackass...you are a friend of one of their kids....this is what you have posted before, so I am not speculating. Secondly, it is NOT THE EDITING. Every episode something vile comes out of Ian's mouth...where is the gun pointed at his fat head that makes him so obnoxious? Of course they are competent...so were the Guidos and Wil and Tara, but it did not make them any less horrible. So stop blaming the editing for Ian being a low rent, no class jerk. It certainly makes it interesting to have some competence in a team over forty five, but this is the basher's forum. Take a hike over to the Fanatics if you can't stand the bashing of team Jackass.

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-18-02, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Technical Difficulty--Official Ep 6. Summary finally here"
*shakes head at Zman* Didn't we talk about the concept of Basher Boards, hon? We don't like Terri and Jackass and we aren't going to.

As for you, Kim...that was fabulous! Especially for not having been prepared to do the summary. I loved it and laughed loudly a couple of times at work. People here think I'm a psycho anyway. Good job!

kpod 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-19-02, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kpod Click to send private message to kpod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Technical Difficulty--Official Ep 6. Summary finally here"
Didn't we talk about the concept of Basher Boards, hon? We don't like Terri and Jackass and we aren't going to.

Feh. Fanatics hate the old-timers. Real Bashers root for them just because it will annoy the Fanatics.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-02, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "You say tomahto...."
I say annoying jackass with an ugly-ass hat. I don't find them to be competent at all, actually. I find them to be incredibly lucky. I haven't seen any real gutsy or skillful moves on their part at all.

And, no editing can make him say the things he does. he comes across as an egotistical, domineering, chauvanist..and that is the list of GOOD things I have to say about him.

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-18-02, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Technical Difficulty--Official Ep 6. Summary finally here"
Zman, quit trying to convince us how "wonderful", "loving", and "fabulous" Team IT is! I don't buy it! I know that if my beloved husband and I were on the show, a) I would pop him if he EVER spoke to me like that, b) the true nature of our relationship would be revealed in such stressful situations, and c) (I remember my English prof telling us you always have to have at least three points) there's no way that editing could "make" us look as bad as Ian does.

So, get off your high horse and ride back out of BasherTown...

REALITYcoholic

P.S. Kim, fab review! You did great, nothing to be ashamed of.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-18-02, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Technical Difficulty--Official Ep 6. Summary finally here"
Kim - you did good, real good. Without my tape, I'd be hard-pressed to remember half of what happened. Well done.

As for whatever his name is - hey if you're gonna use my nics you might try acknowledging that you read the 'caps, buddy. Oh and btw, "Terriers" have a new nic, which you're bound to dislike!

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-02, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Technical Difficulty--Official Ep 6. Summary finally here"
Kim, you did a great job!

AA is STILL in last place. Never before has 90 minutes been so far behind. It might as well have been 24 hours...oh, wait that was the cheerleader and his Daddy. Well, they might as well have been in another country---oh, wait, that was the Goofy Grannies. To their credit, AA keeps on fighting….they could have just shacked up in a hotel…oh, wait that was Michael and Kathy. Or they could have just caught a cab…okay, you get the idea.

LMAO! So true. This was a terrific summary, Kim. Hold your head up, girl-this ROCKS!

As for the poster that chose your summary to defend IT-I'm sorry Kim. Your summary was NOT the place for that, especially when the poster didn't even tell you how wonderful it was!

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-02, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Technical Difficulty--Official Ep 6. Summary finally here"
"Multiple apologies!" Apologies? Whatever for? That was a great summary-and all by memory? I doubt I could do that good of job with a tape to help my memory...

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-20-02, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Technical Difficulty--Official Ep 6. Summary finally here"

Kim! Great job... no apologies needed. Throw away that VCR... (and that calendar!)

You are a very funny person, and this was very funny stuff. Wanna write mine this week?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Technical Difficulty--Official Ep 6. Summary finally here"
This summary kicks some ass Kim! And you did it with no notes? You are wonder woman! This was way too funny! Ian IS a Jackass!!!!

This is gotta be my favorite (in a summary full of winners - don't you dare apologize for it - unless it's for making us laugh too much)

you hit it outta the ballpark sweetoe!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •