The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SURVIVOR stats...auditions?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flyingfishman 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-25-02, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flyingfishman Click to send private message to Flyingfishman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SURVIVOR stats...auditions?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-25-02 AT 03:26 PM (EST)

I, like thousands, just sent in my SURVIVOR tape and app.
Does anyone out there know how many of these get turned in?
Has anyone out there been to an INTERVIEW/AUDITION and would like to share?
My dream hasn't been squashed yet. So, I'm still pretty enthusiastic.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions? ivoryElephant 06-25-02 1
   RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions? Kokoro 06-26-02 2
       RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions? PepeLePew13 06-26-02 7
           RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions? Kokoro 06-26-02 8
 RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions? Ra_8secs 06-26-02 3
   RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions? smiles 06-26-02 4
   RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions? BMH 06-26-02 5
       RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions? PepeLePew13 06-26-02 6
           RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions? BMH 06-26-02 9
               RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions? Kokoro 06-26-02 10
                   RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions? BMH 06-26-02 11
                       RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions? ShowMeTheWinner 06-27-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-25-02, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions?"

I have applied twice. I don't even know if they saw my tape though

>Does anyone out there know how
>many of these get turned
>in?
Around 50,000

>Has anyone out there been to
>an INTERVIEW/AUDITION
No

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-26-02, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions?"
I'm not sure if it's still that high - but I'd definetly say they get at least 30 thou per casting call....which probably doesn't make to much of a difference when the number is so high, huh?

I just wish there was a Canadian Survivor. It doesn't even matter if they get all cheap on us. As Pepe once said: I'd do it for 27 bucks.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-26-02, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions?"
Well I dunno about the $27 figure and where that came from... but I think I'd hold out for a wee bit more than that especially if they're going to make me starve to death and potentially put me into a place where fish is the only food staple out there (I'm allergic to fish)... but ya, I'd do it for next to nothing!

CBC, CTV, CityTV... are you listening? Put us on!

06-26-02, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions?"
Hrm well I'm not sure if it was exactly $27 - it may have been around $50-something but it was a low low price (prize? ;)
For a more realistic list (yet still cost effective), I think this would work for a Canadian Edition.

1. 50000
2. 25000
3. 20000
4. 15000
5. 10000
6. 9000
7. 8000
8. 7000
9. 6000
10. 5000
11. 4000
12. 3000
13. 2000
14. 1000
15. 500
16. 250

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-26-02, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions?"
There have been some postings here of people who supposedly sent in their auditions. I read that S3 got something like 50,000 auditions, S4 probably got more. S5 probably got more still. I should do a tape myself for S6: it's like buying a lottery ticket, I know. But a lottery ticket costs $1, tape and shipping costs probably $10 or so. Not worth it. Especially since the grand prize is only $1M. It should be $10M. (Don't talk to me about the supposed endorsement and PR value afterwards of contests who show well and last.)

I'd bet that someone has set up a "School for Survivor Tape Auditions" and charges $50-$100 bucks to "refine their production to get the attention of the producers assistants."

and hugs and sunshine for all, Ra

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-26-02, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions?"
You could save some $$$ if you go to a casting call. They are having one in Dallas for S6 on next week.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-26-02, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-02 AT 01:57 PM (EST)

HEy guys!..My mom actually got a casting call for survivor 2 if anyone cares..i dont think she really remembers much because she was so nervous..i remember her saying that she was pretty sure Jerri was in the same casting group as she was. Just some insight..lol

However obviously she got a rejection letter about 2 weeks later..and it sucked lol..wow that was like 2 years ago..long time..

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-26-02, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions?"
>i remember her saying that she was pretty sure Jerri was in
>the same casting group as she was. Just some insight..lol

And she didn't take a pipe to Jerri's knee? A pity...

06-26-02, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions?"
lol haha..she didn't know how bad Jerri was at the time..but when we started watchin the show..my mom was like if i ever knew wut a b*tch Jerri was....well u get the idea..

06-26-02, 07:05 PM (EST)
10. "RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions?"
WTG on your 100th post BMH ^_~

06-26-02, 08:03 PM (EST)
11. "RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions?"
thanx!..I have been really tryin to push for that..thats why i have been postin so much lately on a couple of the threads. Now i can shoot for 200!..

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-02, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SURVIVOR stats...auditions?"
Congrats to you too BMH. I always thought that you've had more than 100 posts coz I've been seeing you quite a lot on the board. Looking forward to your next 100 posts

SPECIAL NOTICE TO EVERYONE: If you haven't signed up for the Petition to Mark Burnett yet, please sign up now before our favorite show goes down the ratings toilet. Remember that this site's future rests in our hands now!

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •