The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Predictable.......so far"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Pamisue 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-29-06, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pamisue Click to send private message to Pamisue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Predictable.......so far"

Every tuesday evening I wait impatiently for TAR to come on and every tuesday night so far I go to bed thinking " can anyone else possibly pull ahead of the two young male teams that are so dominating this race". It is almost as if the ending is predictable. Either BJ & Tyler or Eric & Jeremy are going to finish 1st each episode. Does anyone else feel like maybe this season is not a very well matched group of competitors. These 2 teams are leaving the others in their dust, even worse , the dust has long settled before everyone else even gets close to the mat.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Predictable.......so far Max Headroom 03-30-06 1
   RE: Predictable.......so far Lisa0116 04-04-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-30-06, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Predictable.......so far"
Agreed, the same two teams are always at the top of the standings. My reasons for why this is the case:

1. Weak opposition. Let's face it, John/Scott, Lisa/Joni, Wanda/Desiree, and Danielle/Dani were all lousy racers.

2. Weak opposition, part II. Most of the remaining teams are mediocre racers. Ray/Yolanda, Lake/Michelle, and Monica/Joseph have shown flashes of competing with the top two teams, but all are mistake-prone and inconsistent. Fran/Barry and Dave/Lori are washed up and will be Philiminated soon.

3. Strong racing. BJ/Tyler and Eric/Jeremy are consistently good racers. BJ/Tyler are particularly good at taking advantage of opportunities, such as the Internet flight booking in the last episode.

Reasons for why things might change:

1. Bunching. The great TAR equalizer, each time the teams bunch up at an airport or due to "Hours of Operation", everything gets reset. Sooner or later, this will catch up to BJ/Tyler and Eric/Jeremy.

2. Mistakes. Eric/Jeremy in particular have made mistakes along the way, but have always recovered due to their youth and athleticism. That won't last forever.

3. Stress. As we started to see in the last episode, race stress plus jet lag and/or exhaustion started to make normally stable teams get snippy with each other. This will only get worse as the race goes on, and eventually it will affect everyone.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-04-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Predictable.......so far"
Fast Forwards and Yields might play a part in changing things up, also.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •