The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

TARJUNKIE999 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-07-05, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARJUNKIE999 Click to send private message to TARJUNKIE999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
OK folks, here is a puddins (aka weecama) photobucket of the TAR8 2-hour finale promo vidcaps stolen borrowed from RFF for your speculation. Spoil away!

Puddin's photobucket

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... AlexLoza 12-07-05 1
   RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... michel 12-07-05 2
       RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... michel 12-08-05 3
       RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... smartguy24 12-11-05 15
 RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... Neobie 12-09-05 4
   RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... choochoo 12-09-05 5
   RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... 1derfool 12-09-05 6
       RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... calgary_jay 12-09-05 7
   RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... ARnutz 12-09-05 8
       RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... choochoo 12-09-05 9
           RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... ARnutz 12-09-05 10
 RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... calgary_jay 12-09-05 11
   RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... calgary_jay 12-09-05 12
 RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... choochoo 12-10-05 13
   RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... redwings8831 12-11-05 14
       RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... TARJUNKIE999 12-11-05 16
           RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... volsfan 12-11-05 17
           RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... choochoo 12-11-05 18
               RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... volsfan 12-13-05 24
 RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... Seana 12-11-05 19
   RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... AlexLoza 12-11-05 20
 RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... coolflowerpowerman 12-11-05 21
   RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... vince3 12-11-05 22
       RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... coolflowerpowerman 12-11-05 23
           RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS P... futurama 12-13-05 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AlexLoza 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-07-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AlexLoza Click to send private message to AlexLoza Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
I watched the 12:00 o'clock news and in the entertainment segment they said the the Amazing Race was coming to Toronto and they showed the airport clip and said it was Toronto Pearson Int. Airport.

Hope it helps!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-07-05, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-05 AT 05:33 PM (EST)

I'm from Montreal and have identified some of the places visited. First the scene when Rolly falls on Alex is at Montreal Trudeau Airport ( see the "Achat de Billet" ticket counter). The airport is in the west Island, 20 minutes cab ride from downtown if there's no traffic.
As Futurama wrote in the East coast thread, the curling is at McGill University arena {we see the university logo) which is Downtown Montreal (Mc Gill green line subway station) Then we see them at Olympic stadium set up as a football field for the Montreal "Alouettes". They seem to have to look for clues in the stand. Olympic stadium is at PIE-IX station (we see one of the Linz in that station's corridor) on the green line, 9 stops east from McGill.
The Trapeze isn't at "Cirque du Soleil" as earlier speculated since we see the www.trapezium.qc.ca address under the trapeze platform. That is located in the east end of Montreal, at L'Assomption station (again green line 2 stops east of the stadium.
Then we see them on Ste-Helen's Island in the old United States pavillion used for EXPO 67. It's the Buckminster Fuller Biosphere. That is on the yellow metro line that connects with the green at mid point between the McGill and Pie-IX stations.

Of all those destinations, none are on the Orange line which is where we see the Weavers enter Place-Victoria Station, probably a 15 minute walk from Mc Gill and would force a transfer at the central Berri station which connects all three lines. Unless they had to go to the business sector for a task, going to Place-Victoria instead of McGill would mean at least a waste of 20 minutes and that's if you immediately reorient yourself correctly.
ETA for spelling.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-05, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-05 AT 05:21 PM (EST)

Since most travelling in Montreal seems to be by subway, I've added a link to the map of the system:

http://www.stm.info/English/metro/a-mapmet.htm

The airport would be west in the direction of the purple arrow that is in the center of the left edge of the picture.
McGill university is 2 blocks north of the station that bears its name in the middle of the green line.
Olympic Stadium is in between Pie-IX and Viau stations on the east side of the Green line.
Trapezium is 2 blocks north of Assomption, a little further east on the Green line.
The Biosphere is at the Jean-Drapeau station on Ste-Helen's Island in the middle of the Yellow line.
Square-Victoria is in the middle of the U-shaped Orange line, 2 blocks south of the McGill Station.

smartguy24 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-11-05, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smartguy24 Click to send private message to smartguy24 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
quote: see the "Achat de Billet" ticket counter

I don't think that tells us anything. Its a canadian airport...and considering we're a bilingual country...all the signs would be in french and english anyway.

I think they...scratch that...hope they fly to Toronto and then hop a flight to Montreal. And then head back to Niagra Falls for the finish....but hey, when it comes to this stuff, I'm always wrong.

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-09-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-05 AT 01:10 AM (EST)

Megan Linz + Backpack + (Heading from Pearson Airport to Montreal) = Another Family is Mugged Again

Of course, this is under the assumption that the Montana Spoiler Combo of Billings, Havre and Great Falls has any truth to it, meaning that there is a Pit Stop before the final leg in Canada.

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-09-05, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
Not sure I follow your logic. I'm sure the families ditch the SUVs when they fly from MT to Canada. After that it's public transportation, cabs, and travel by foot. Backpacks make sense in the final leg. Not much need to mug one of the final three teams at this point, but then this is TAR8, The Family Edition. *shrugs in disgust*

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-09-05, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
> Megan Linz + Backpack + (Pearson Airport -> Montreal) = Another Family is Mugged Again

Pearson Airport is in Toronto - official name - Lester B Pearson International Airport. The Montreal airport is Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport. Are you saying they go from Toronto LBP airport to Montreal PET? It would seem easier to go to Monreal first, then back west/southwest to Toronto and on to Niagara Falls. Going Toronto > Montreal > Niagara is zig-zagging and back tracking a lot.

calgary_jay 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail calgary_jay Click to send private message to calgary_jay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-05 AT 06:17 PM (EST)

In the preview clips - you can see the teams taking the LINK bus @ Pearson - which would indicate they arrived at Toronto Pearson in Terminal 2 (USA terminal) and transfered to Terminal 1 (Air Canada domestic). It makes sense since it seems EVERY flight in this country has to transfer through Toronto at some point.

I wonder if any of the teams thought to check flights with Westjet or they just went along with Air Canada?

J.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-05 AT 04:02 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-09-05 AT 04:00 PM (EST)

(ETA: photos)

Weavers get mugged! They are carrying their stuff in blue plastic bags.

Also, somewhere (I think) someone said they're playing ice hockey??? Nope! The teams are curling!

I bet this is part of the detours! The Bransens are shown building something with logs and the Weavers & Linzes are shown curling.

12-09-05, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
The Weavels were already mugged sometime ago. The bags are only seen now that they don't have the SUVs/Campers to hide in. Appears that once they fly to Canada, they have the racers carry their clothes using backpacks, or in the Weavles case, plastic bags. Still don't think they get mugged in the finale, but I've been wrong before.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
Anything is possible and you may be right, but in the last 2 seasons there has been a pitstop halfway through the 2 hours episode. I think it's more likely that the Weavers get mugged again than there being another superleg. The Linzes are clearly shown with backpacks. Of course, the Bransens are not, but all of their preview shots are during tasks when they would leave that stuff in the car.

12-09-05, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail calgary_jay Click to send private message to calgary_jay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
Hey,

Found this article on ctv.ca about next weeks episode...

ctv.ca

J

12-09-05, 06:16 PM (EST)
12. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
another article found on ctv.ca about next week....

J.

12-10-05, 09:41 PM (EST)
13. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-05 AT 11:19 PM (EST)

Latest update from Stassi's Blog:

Stassi's Blurbs
About me:
BE SURE TO WATCH THE AMAZING RACE FINALE ON DEC 13 AT 9:00 PM, 8:00 CENTRAL (THIS TUESDAY)... FIRST HOUR IS A RE-CAP WHILE THE SECOND HOUR, WE GET TO SEE THE 3 FINAL TEAMS RACE TO THE FINISH! YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SEE ME CLAPPING FOR THE TEAMS LIKE A BIG DORK! THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE GOING TO NYC FOR TARCON, I LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU! AND TO MY FELLOW RACERS, I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!

Rats!, a recrap before the finale! Looks like the final three make a dash to the finish line in the second hour. Kinda rules out a "mugging" in the first hour.

redwings8831 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-11-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redwings8831 Click to send private message to redwings8831 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-05 AT 01:41 PM (EST)

There are two legs in the finale, not just one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_Race_8

TARJUNKIE999 479 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-05, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARJUNKIE999 Click to send private message to TARJUNKIE999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-05 AT 03:37 PM (EST)

hmm...wikipidia...hmm....I don't buy it.

Edited to add: Stassi just updated her blog with the following info on the final leg:

Stassi's Blurbs
About me:
BE SURE TO WATCH THE AMAZING RACE FINALE ON DEC 13 AT 9:00 PM, 8:00 CENTRAL (THIS TUESDAY)... WE GET TO SEE THE 3 FINAL TEAMS RACE TO THE FINISH! THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE GOING TO NYC FOR TARCON, I LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU! AND TO MY FELLOW RACERS, I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS! --- AND I WAS TOTALLY JUST GUESSING THAT THERE WAS A RECAP-- I ACTUALLY DON'T KNOW--- I JUST REMEMBER SEEING A RECAP IN THE PAST SEASONS, SO WHO KNOWS...

Well that really confuses things...don't know who to believe.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-05, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
TVGuide doesn't list the recap either. I highly doubt the first hour is a recarp...I agree with Nutz. The Weavers get robbed like Ron/Kelly did and are having to carry their belongings in bags.

12-11-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
18. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
Thanks tarjunkie999, for keeping me up to date with Stassi's quotes. LOL, this "bad girl" sure is confusing.

Just checked her blog and it appears to be a moving target, as the words keep changing by the minute. Here's her latest comment on the finale:

Stassi's Blurbs
About me:
BE SURE TO WATCH THE AMAZING RACE FINALE ON DEC 13 AT 9:00 PM, 8:00 CENTRAL (THIS TUESDAY)

LOL, it just keeps getting shorter and shorter. Wonder if CBS is cracking down on this "bad girl".

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
Well, I think she is the one confused. There have been recaps in the past but not the hour before the finale. The recaps have happened in mid-season. I am sure we will have a "previously on The Amazing Race" but it isn't going to be a full hour of recap. IMHO. I think there will be two legs tonight.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-05, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
OK, I'm not really a spoiler or anything, but it looks like they're at Ontario Place. At least, that big dome golfball-looking thing may be the Cinesphere.

http://www.ontarioplace.com/en/rides/familyfun.html#

If you follow this link, you'll see a blue box with "Rides and Attractions", click on "Park Map" at the bottom. On the bottom left of the map, there's a big tent. Years ago, there was a Cirque du Soleil show there, but I don't think it's there anymore.

At Niagara Falls, there are Whirlpool Jet Boat tours on the US and Canadian side. Maybe they cross at the Peace Bridge.

http://www.whirlpooljet.com/02_wetjetinfo/

AlexLoza 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-05, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AlexLoza Click to send private message to AlexLoza Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
That's what I thought too, it's actually the bioshpere in Ile Ste. Helene
http://www.darrellpeck.com/travel/1997-quebec/page02.htm

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-05, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
This is sort of unrelated, but at the very end of the opening montage there are the silhouetted figures of the Bransen Family running through a tunnel. None of the other teams appear in any such clips.

Have similar clips been located in the introductions of the previous editions? Could this have any significance?

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-05, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-05 AT 11:05 PM (EST)

I think it was from Talledega (sp?) Motor Speedway when they had to run through a tunnel to get to the main track area for the party bike lap challenge.

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-05, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-05 AT 11:45 PM (EST)

Even still, that'd be kind of a random clip to put in the opening montage, no? Especially when all of the other random clips are of the scenery and places visited as opposed to the teams themselves.

futurama 4 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-05, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail futurama Click to send private message to futurama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: EP12 - TAR8 Season Finale CBS Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-05 AT 06:49 PM (EST)

Just post a vidcap indicate that the trapeze stunt will be in Montreal

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/3117/trapeze4hs.png

Look at the website adresse trapezium.qc.ca so we know that the stunt will be at Le trapezium and it's in quebec due to the qc.ca website extension

edit : Just to change the long word trapezarium to the "real place name" trapezium !

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •