The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Montreal"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

MikeonTAR 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-23-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeonTAR Click to send private message to MikeonTAR Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Montreal"
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-05 AT 02:35 PM (EST)

During the starting credits of TAR, you can see the skyline of Montreal. It's only there for a fraction of a second. I taped and paused it during this shot. It clearly is Montreal.

It makes sense with some spoilers that I read.

Also, you can cross the USA/Canada border with or without a Passport. All you need is a valid driver’s license or birth certificate.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Montreal KLinDC 11-29-05 1
   RE: Montreal dabo 11-30-05 2
       RE: Montreal Judd 12-01-05 3
           Calgary Flairmarq 12-07-05 4
               RE: Calgary Moody 12-07-05 5
                   RE: Calgary calgary_jay 12-07-05 6
               Calgary? No. PepeLePew13 12-07-05 7
                   Vancouver maybe.... baileythelab 12-07-05 8
                   RE: Calgary? No. 1derfool 12-08-05 9
 RE: Montreal Rothschild 12-08-05 10
   RE: Montreal michel 12-08-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KLinDC 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-29-05, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLinDC Click to send private message to KLinDC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Montreal"
I thought you'd need a driver's license and a birth certificate. After all, anyone can get a driver's license and that doesn't prove a person's nationality.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-30-05, 01:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Montreal"
Actually, you only need one proper ID to cross the border, currently, if you are from the US or Canada. A foreigner trying to cross the US-Canadian border would need to have a passport. Homeland security efforts are underway to require that everyone will need to have a passport to cross the US-Canada border at some point in the future.

Judd 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-01-05, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Judd Click to send private message to Judd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Montreal"
seeing as they had to have their passports to go to somewhere in central america, i dont think this will be a problem...

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-07-05, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Calgary"
I recognized Calgary's airport and obviously the curling will be at the Olympic gardens there. Probably will fly from Calgary to Montreal.

http://headingtothirty.blogspot.com

Moody 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-07-05, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Moody Click to send private message to Moody Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Calgary"
I don't know... The airport did not look like Calgary's to me and there is no Olympic curling venue in Calgary (at least not to my knowledge)...

They were in Calgary a couple of seasons ago, so I expect that Montreal is far more likely (as was suggested in the East Coast thread).

calgary_jay 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-05, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail calgary_jay Click to send private message to calgary_jay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Calgary"
Airport was Toronto, not Calgary...no question about that - Pearson International, Terminal 1

Most of the events looked like they where in Montreal like the Olympic Stadium & Trapeze

Neither Montreal or Calgary have "official" Olympic curling venues since Montreal has only hosted the summer Olympics and curling was not an Olympic sport when Calgary hosted the winter games in 1988. Curling could have been anywhere in Toronto or Montreal I would guess...both cities have many curling venues.

J.

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-05, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Calgary? No."
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-05 AT 11:05 PM (EST)

As a former Calgarian who now lives near Toronto and have been through both Toronto's and Calgary's airports quite a number of times, that certainly didn't look like Calgary's airport one bit from what I could see in the previews.

Edited to add: from the TAR Promo thread, I can see signs in French above an exit, so it's Montreal's airport.

That's not to say that they didn't fly through Calgary as it's just above Montana and they prolly drove up to Calgary in order to catch a flight to Toronto or Montreal ... but that didn't look like Calgary's airport in the previews.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

baileythelab 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-05, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail baileythelab Click to send private message to baileythelab Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Vancouver maybe...."
There was a rumour last summer that someone saw a clue box at Canada Place in Vancouver, so maybe they fly from Montana to Vancouver, then to Toronto?

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-08-05, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Calgary? No."
>Edited to add: from the TAR
>Promo thread, I can see
>signs in French above an
>exit, so it's Montreal's airport.
>

We're bilingual here, french can be found all over the place, even at LBP Int'l Airport.

I'm inclined to agree there's not much chance of going to Calgary, there's not enough time to squeeze it in, even with a 2 hour show. Flying from the US (after some tasks) to Montreal, then back west to Toronto and down to Niagara Falls for the finale will take enough time.
I really hope they get to drive themselves in Montreal. I'd much rather drive through Detroit and Washington DC traffic blindfolded than tackle Montreal again. Between the drivers, the french road signs, sideways traffic lights and having to find an anglophone to ask directions --- it would be so much fun to watch.

Rothschild 496 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-08-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rothschild Click to send private message to Rothschild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Montreal"
The curling takes place at McGill University in Montreal

Image from McGill's web site below ... promo shows university shield

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Montreal"
In the Montreal caps, we see that most of the travelling (except from the airport to downtown) is being done by Metro, Montreal's subway. Most francophones in Montreal also speak English. For more details see my post in the Promo vidcap thread.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •