The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-27-04, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread

So Grendel’s thread on DAW PPD’s got me to thinking about what I’ve been up to over the past year. My DAW’s really dropped off after this time last year. It was kind of sad to see that the PPD since last April is around 0.4. So where have I been? What have I been up to? These questions and many more can finally be revealed.

As most of you know, my life revolves around my little girl. Baby PackGirl is now 2 (yes, you heard it right). If you’ve only come to these boards in the past few months, you’ll have to ask others here about the level of my pride for her. I know many of you have asked to see some recent photos, and not being one to disappoint, here is one from this past winter and one more from about a month ago.

At 2 years old, she already knows her ABC’s, can count to 10, can sing several songs semi-on-key, and can hold her own with her sisters and all the family pets. She is very independent, and every Tuesday night she and I go on a “date” to Gymboree Music class. We go have dinner after I pick her up from daycare, and we talk about her day before learning all about differnt kinds of music (she loves to dance just like her daddy!).

But alas, there is more to the story. A little over a year ago, I lost my job in a corporate re-shuffle (hey, it sounds more exciting when The Donald says it on The Apprentice ). I spent the better part of three months working to land my present job where I have been very busy establishing myself within a group that had been together as a unit for a few years. It’s all good now, but it took a good 8 months of my life, all told. I enjoy my new role, and the group I work with is pretty good.

That brings us to the end of 2003, and some much needed rest with the family. We took a week long vacation to Disney World late in the year, and my two oldest girls finally decided it was time to ride Space Mountain. Once I got them on, I couldn’t get them off the ride! Funny how that works, eh.

At Christmas, I adopted a new puppy for the family. The photo below doesn’t do her justice. Bailey is now 6 months old, and we also adopted her brother, Bodie, a month later. They are Rottie/Shepherd/Chow mix, and Bodie now tips the scales at about 70 pounds. He’s the loveable oaf who wouldn’t hurt a flea, but scares people, both young and old with his size and bark.

It was another great Christmas in the Wolfpack family, enjoying watching my beloved Wolfpack give Philip Rivers a great sendoff with a Tangerine Bowl victory over Kansas.

January brings cold, cold brings snow, and you know what that means – skiing. The family loaded up the Land Cruiser and headed to Snowshoe for a week of skiing. Sarah and Jennifer started taking lessons in 2003, but this was their biggest ski trip yet. Next year we hope to take them out west where the powder is plentiful, but we all had a great time, especially the snow tubing!

Now we are into the spring, and that brings landscaping projects. Last fall, our house was nominated to be a part of our local Garden Tour for the Cure, as a part of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. We have been busy re-shaping our gardens for the tour, turning the weedy back portions of our lot into a walking garden that is almost complete, and we have contracted a landscaper to build a beautiful 2-level patio with a pond and waterfall. Everything should be complete in about 2 weeks, but in the meantime it’s like having two full-time jobs. We’re very excited about being a part of this great event that has raised a lot of money for breast cancer research in its first three years. Here’s a taste of some of the work to date. These are shots of the walking garden. We still need to add the flagstone path and a few more plants, but these should give you an idea of how busy we have been.

Before

After

All in all, it’s been a tremendously busy year. This time a year ago, I was wondering where I would be working, and how much the family would have to suffer through. What a difference 12 months can make. I owe so much to my wife, who was strong and supportive during that whole ordeal. She made sure I stayed positive, even when I didn’t want to be.

For not spending as much time here, I apologize. I’ve been trying to stop in a bit more here and there, and you never know when I’ll pop in to say hi. I’ve missed talking with so many of you. I won’t even try to mention names because there are so many of you. I wish all of you the same happiness with which life has blessed me.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... probably clueless 04-27-04 1
 RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... rjrabbit 04-27-04 2
 RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... GrendelsMom 04-27-04 3
   RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... PackMan 04-27-04 6
 RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... Asrai 04-27-04 4
   RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... PackMan 04-27-04 7
 RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... dabo 04-27-04 5
 RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... minitroll 04-27-04 8
   RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... PackMan 04-27-04 22
 RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... Sagebrush Dan 04-27-04 9
 RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... Tiger Lily 04-27-04 10
 RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... Drive My Car 04-27-04 11
   RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... PackMan 04-27-04 20
 RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... LionChow 04-27-04 12
   RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... PackMan 04-27-04 17
 Thankyou Breezy 04-27-04 13
 RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... buckeyegirl 04-27-04 14
 RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... aethelstan 04-27-04 15
 Hey Packman... northernlights 04-27-04 16
   RE: Hey Packman... PackMan 04-27-04 19
 Hey there Meemo 04-27-04 18
   RE: Hey there PackMan 04-27-04 21
 RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To... Schnookie Palookie 04-27-04 23
 OMH! anotherkim 04-27-04 24
 RE: The Big “What Have I Been... volleygrl 04-27-04 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-27-04, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
WoW!

A Kittyloaf®Original

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-27-04, 01:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
I'm new around here so it's nice to meet you Pacman! I found this site after being layed off. Still looking for another job.
Baby PacGirl is a cutie!! Those blue eyes!! You'll have to beat the boys off with a stick when she's older.

GrendelsMom 3272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-27-04, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GrendelsMom Click to send private message to GrendelsMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
Thanks for the update and the shoutout==oh, and nice ter meetcha, by the way! We also were in Disney toward the end of last year--might have passed you without knowing it. Ditto on the kid/Space Mountain thing.
I'm an Ohio St. fan, and I have to say that the OSU/NCST game last fall was about the best football game I've ever seen (after the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, naturally)--probably better for me than for you
What you've done to your back lot is incredible! Hope we see more pictures when it's all finished.
Oh, and? your kids are adorable. But you knew that already.
Hope we see you more often this year.
<==flashed by J_Loaf
"Don't take any course where they make you read Beowulf"--Alvy Singer (Woody Allen), Annie Hall

04-27-04, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
I'm an Ohio St. fan, and I have to say that the OSU/NCST game last fall was about the best football game I've ever seen (after the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, naturally)--probably better for me than for you

You go that right! I'm looking forward to the re-match this season in Raleigh; although, I doubt it will live up to last year's game.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
Awww, Pack, Victoria is beautiful! She has grown up, I'm so sad! She's not even mine, yet I adore her so very much, and it's all because of your love and pride for her! You pup looks so cuddly, I bet your girls are having a field day with them!!!

Your wife is an amazingly strong woman and you make sure to give her hugs from me, ok? You both rock! I'm happy that you were able to make the transition well at the new job! Yay for you!

I just can't get over how big the girls are! Man, what a difference a year makes, huh? Take care and be sure to pop in more often! I miss you terribly!

*Smooches the wolfpack clan*

Sigpic crafted by the master himself, IceCat!

04-27-04, 02:14 AM (EST)
7. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
Your wife is an amazingly strong woman and you make sure to give her hugs from me, ok?

Consider it done.

The dogs are hating life right now because with all the construction going on in the backyard they don't get to run and play as much as they did just a couple of weeks ago.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"

YOWZA!

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-27-04, 02:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
Baby Packgirl is absolutely adorable! She is getting soooo big.

I'm glad the job situation worked out, its hard to join an established group. Your wife deserves a big hug for keeping your spirits up during that stressful time.

Bailey is a real cutie! I would love to see a picture of both Bailey and Bodie if you have one. 70 pounds at six months? He's going to be a big boy!

The yard looks great, and it is HUGE! I could probably fit four or more of my yards into your one.

Thanks for the update Packman!

04-27-04, 09:19 AM (EST)
22. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
Once the project is complete, I'll try to post more photos. We're excited about the patio. It will replace some very wet yard space where the kids just hated to pass through. Now they'll have a pond with fish, and Ms. PackMan will have the waterfalls she has been dreaming of.

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 02:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
Hi there, we've never been properly introduced. So, hi!
Adorable kids. You've every right to be one proud papa. And your yard looks great, too.

We'll try to keep the sanity at bay, here, in your absence.

CASH Secretary of Hospitality

Handcrafted by RollDdice

The fool that persists in his folly becomes wise.

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-27-04, 03:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
Hi PackMan! We haven't met yet either, so welcome back, and nice to meet you!

Your kids are adorable, and so is the dog.

Hope to see more of you around here!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 07:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"

Packman!
So good to see you here! The photos are great, as is the update, I am glad you shared.

Happy that all is now good for you, sounds like you all have been very blessed. ( and very busy!)

*HUGS* to you and your lovely pack of ladies!
Pop in anytime, you know where we are when you have some time to play on the OT!

04-27-04, 09:13 AM (EST)
20. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
That's the great thing about OT. I've always felt welcome (that's not the case on some other boards). This is such a great place to come and spend time.

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-27-04, 08:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
Wow! Talk about blue eyes.

>For not spending as much time
>here, I apologize. I’ve
>been trying to stop in
>a bit more here and
>there, and you never know
>when I’ll pop in to
>say hi.

Well, I'm happy to see that you've always wandered in for the ABC game. Congrats on all the work and I'll see you around.

04-27-04, 09:00 AM (EST)
17. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
Well, I'm happy to see that you've always wandered in for the ABC game.

It's the one thing I try to make sure to keep up with. It has kept me connected to the board, and once I've posted my picks I do a little "window shopping" in some of the other forums.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Thankyou"
For the wonderful post. Thankyou for sharing your beautiful child and life with us.

*smooch*

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
Welcome back to OT Packman! It sounds like you have had one incredibly busy year! Your little girls are gorgeous-your puppy looks so adorable and cuddly. I bet she's a handful. And what you did with your back yard? Amazing.

~Was just a newbie in OT this time last year RMMW!

aethelstan 4435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-27-04, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
Hi PackMan. What a year you've had! Your daughter's a real cutie and I know exactly what you mean about your level of pride for her. My own is just 16 months old.

Your garden looks great! 2 shrubbery only one slightly higher for a two-level effect with a path (a path! a path!). The Knights Who Say 'Ni!' would be most proud!

Go Habs Go!
© Kittyloaf Creations, 2004

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Hey Packman..."
That Victoria just gets sweeter and sweeter. Those blue eyes are going to cause you some sleepless nights Daddy.

Loved your update post. It's so good to hear that things have worked out for you. We've missed you and hope you can drop by more often.

70 lb puppy? Oh my. Holly's full grown and weighs 10 lbs.

04-27-04, 09:10 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Hey Packman..."
70 lb puppy? Oh my. Holly's full grown and weighs 10 lbs.

We originally thought he would top out at about 90 pounds, but now we're not so sure.

Meemo 3519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-27-04, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Hey there"
Good to see you Packman, and great to hear that you and the family are doing so well.

Because you were gone for so long, I was beginning to wonder if Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde had finally caught up to you

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

04-27-04, 09:15 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Hey there"
Because you were gone for so long, I was beginning to wonder if Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde had finally caught up to you

It got a little close there at times, but thankfully a power pellet always seemed to be in the right place at the right time!

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"

*waves* to PackMan! What a great update. Baby PackGirl is absolutely adorable. Look at those big blue eyes!

Your landscaping project is awesome and for a great cause.

*BIG HUGS* to you and your family PackMan. Oh and "scritches" for your doggies.

I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well with you and your family.

An IceCat Classic

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-04, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "OMH!"

Baby Packgirl is all grown up! I feel so old!

Your yard looks gorgeous!

Glad to see you pop in--come back more often!

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--those kiddos are precious!

volleygrl 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-27-04, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volleygrl Click to send private message to volleygrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The Big “What Have I Been Up To For The Past Year” Thread"
Just wanting to say, "Nice to meet you" and "Welcome back".

Glad everything's working out for you.

You're 2-yr old is so adorable.

provided by JSlice

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •