The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Old couple syndrome"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-01-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Old couple syndrome"
Is it me or does it seem like every season the token old couples always say, and assume, that their mental abilities are going to give them the edge, yet season after season they are the ones who consistently MISS THE CLUE BOXES, which are right in front of them!!!

You’d think that they would have seen the same mistake made by past senior contestants and been smart enough to realize that there is a common thread there and that they should pay attention to that. I don’t get it!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Old couple syndrome SilverStar 03-01-06 1
 RE: Old couple syndrome Seana 03-01-06 2
 RE: Old couple syndrome J Slice 03-01-06 3
 RE: Old couple syndrome Tahj 03-01-06 4
   RE: Old couple syndrome CouchTater 03-03-06 11
 RE: Old couple syndrome Max Headroom 03-01-06 5
   RE: Old couple syndrome carmaj0530 03-01-06 6
   RE: Old couple syndrome Earl Colby Pottinger 03-02-06 10
 RE: Old couple syndrome Cyndimaus 03-01-06 7
   RE: Old couple syndrome Scuba Steve 03-02-06 8
 RE: Old couple syndrome Lisa0116 03-02-06 9
 RE: Old couple syndrome seahorse 03-03-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Old couple syndrome"
Not to mention the fact that the old woman thought she could use her mental abilities to assemble a motorcycle, but instead just stood around bitching and moaning about how she couldn't do it. Then move on to the other task, you freaking idiot! Gah! I wanted to jump through my tv and strangle her.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-06, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Old couple syndrome"
Well, yes, actually. It does seem like that. They did say that their brains let them down in their show-end interview.

I don't remember what the clue actually said, but they didn't seem to be using the reference motorcycle either. (I'll need to re-watch my tape for some details.)

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-06, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Old couple syndrome"
I will never, ever discredit my parents as old and slow.

Not compared to the dumbasses on this show... uggh... so much bitching!

They're so dreamy...

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-01-06, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Old couple syndrome"
I think those contestants always get a big reality check by the time the first leg is over. It does speak to their resiliency, however, that most of the older couples in the past have been able to last quite awhile once they get past their initial shock.

Moves courtesy of Syren

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-03-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Old couple syndrome"
>I think those contestants always get
>a big reality check by
>the time the first leg
>is over. It does
>speak to their resiliency, however,
>that most of the older
>couples in the past have
>been able to last quite
>awhile once they get past
>their initial shock.

I hope that's true. I always root for the senior couple as I'm headed there myself, but they really shocked me. Seniors are for sure at a disadvantage when it comes to the physical tasks, but this wasn't that hard. And at a certain point I think I would have just waited for the next couple to come and watch them, if I couldn't find it. Also, I was rather disappointed that they stayed with the motor bike task after she basically realized that she wouldn't be able to do it. She just stood around hoping the Lake would show her exactly how to do it. Just get out and try the next thing if you know it's too hard.

That's what was rather disappointing. They are both intelligent people who should know their strengths and weaknesses by this stage in their life, and that's where they should have an advantage over the other teams. I really hope they learned from this and pay attention a bit more. I really would like for once an older couple to come in the last 3.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-06, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Old couple syndrome"
With the exception of Teri & Ian (who were only semi-old, by TAR standards), the older team always seems to go out mid-race after they wear down. Fran & Barry seemed poised to break that mold, being physically fit and well-traveled, but after that first leg... I'm no longer so sure.

carmaj0530 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-01-06, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carmaj0530 Click to send private message to carmaj0530 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Old couple syndrome"
I was wondering the same thing myself. Especially after they hyped themselves up so much. I was in hysterics watching them walk past the clue box time after time. I loved when the poor camera basically stopped at the box and filmed it, while the voice clip of "it has to be right in front of us" played. I wonder if they can get it together to last in the race.

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-02-06, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Old couple syndrome"
It was a shock to me. The older teams usually wear out fast and the strain usually shows by the third leg.

With the way they hyped thier own past I thought that for the first time we had an older team that would make it to final legs, instead they seemed to burn out in the first leg itself.

How long has it really been since they had gone on those trips they were talking about anyway?

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-01-06, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Old couple syndrome"
I think it would be a good idea to not brag about yourself pre-race cause your words usually come back to bite you. Then again, I think they all brag about something or other. I say just let your racing do the talking.

It was kind of funny to watch them continue to pass by the clue and wander around looking for it. Took them awhile to finally find it.

I noticed the law officers walking past the clue box and glancing at it. Maybe they were wondering if they should say something.

Sigs by Cyg
Maus Blog
GO ZAGS!!!
(Gonzaga University; Spokane, Washington)
Undefeated season; National record holder of most consecutive home court wins(38)

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-02-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Old couple syndrome"
What was really funny about it was that they had to wait for another team to find it before they found it.

I'm a Polish hillbilly and damn proud of it.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-06, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Old couple syndrome"
I hope they do well, but man-they got off to a S-L-O-W start.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Old couple syndrome"
I agree the old couple did not put on a good showing, but compared to Lisa and Joni they look like superstars.

They started and ran the entire leg like the Tortoises vs. the Hares and that does not always work.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •