The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

sabahan 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-23-00, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sabahan Click to send private message to sabahan Click to check IP address of the poster
"the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native"
Hi all,
I am not here to rain on anybody's parade but just wanted to make clear of true reality & facts about Borneo where the CBS hit show was filmed over this summer. I was born there in kota kinabalu, east malaysia (the name borneo, are not being used any more). NOw i am a graduate student studying here in the USA.

1) THe island is not that deserted at all. It is only about 35 miles away from Kota Kinabalu (my home town), the capital city of Sabah (a state about the size of Arizona + new mexico). 20 miles away are tons of world class 5 star hotel and golf resort. We have Pizza hut, Mac donalds, kentucky fried chicken .....etc.

2) It is sad that CBS failed to show some true facts about the island. First off, The part of Borneo where survivor was filmed is NOrth Borneo part of Malaysia. In this case its East Malaysia. No, we dont live on top of trees, NO, we do not eat worms. ALl of the wooden sculpture with funny faces that were used on the show are not of borneo's origin. They are INDONESIAN.

3) There are no Volcanos or any lava in any part of Borneo. The location of Borneo is so strategic that we are shelter from tornados, hurricane, earthquakes and volcano activities. THe Island is very tame and are used by fisherman's for overnight trip. NOw there's another island 25 miles north of Kota kInabalu that is truly scary. This small island are inhabited by ten of thousands of SEA SNAKES at night. Snakes so many it looks spagetti on a plate.

4) Sabah is also a host for South East Asia's highest mountain (11,000 ++ feet). There are few british soldiers who got lost in the dense jungle while trying to scale down the mountain's south face( a real jungle not just an island's puny jungle on the show) and was helped by the locals. One of the soldiers had to be treated by a local medicine man which include putting his hand into a jar full of snakes.

4) On the east coast of Sabah, theres a tiny island call SPIADAN island which was voted the top 4 diving spot in the world few years ago. The island has 3 ft" of sandy beach and then a 1000" vertical drop off.

Overall, North Borneo or Sabah, malaysia is truly a hidden paradise. MOst European knows about it but not Americans. Most AMerican View's of third world country are not true. NO we are not ruled by warlords, NO foreigners are not captured and kidnapped and raped. MOstly, NO we are not savages. Basically dont believe 100% what you see on TV.

Just like what i saw on TV when at home about the USA. They only show the suburb or MALL (only some nice neighbourhood). DOwntown LOS ANGELES is far worst than Kota Kinabalu, believe me i am born in kota kinabalu, borneo and i ve been to Los ANgeles and lots of other big cities in the usa. When i was young i used to walk to downtown to the nightspots and walk back home at 3:00 am in the morning without being worried of muggers or robbers. Try do that here in the USA.

for more info: www.jaring.my/sabah

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: the ugly truth about the show b... Selfcreationist 08-24-00 1
   RE: the ugly truth about the show b... sabahan 08-24-00 2
 True fact about a native Bornean fr... Cherberrie 08-24-00 3
   RE: True fact about a native Bornea... sabahan 08-24-00 4
       RE: True fact about a native Bornea... Paulie 08-24-00 5
       RE: True fact about a native Bornea... Magical Coconut 08-24-00 6
           RE: True fact about a native Bornea... BluSavana 08-24-00 7
           "the ugly truth about the show by a... Rat Chef 08-24-00 8
           RE: True fact about a native Bornea... Irisheyes 08-24-00 10
           RE: True fact about a native Bornea... Rattaniac 08-29-00 20
 RE: the ugly truth about the show b... Juicylicious 08-24-00 9
   RE: the ugly truth about the show b... SuperPole2000 08-27-00 12
       RE: the ugly truth about the show b... Juicylicious 08-28-00 13
           RE: the ugly truth about the show b... SuperPole2000 08-29-00 15
   RE: the ugly truth about the show b... Lucian 08-29-00 18
   RE: the ugly truth about the show b... Lucian 08-29-00 19
 RE: the ugly truth about the show b... squido 08-25-00 11
 RE: the ugly truth about the show b... Leif Eriksen 08-28-00 14
   RE: the ugly truth about the show b... Vampkira 08-29-00 16
       RE: the ugly truth about the show b... Leif Eriksen 08-29-00 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Selfcreationist 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-24-00, 04:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Selfcreationist Click to send private message to Selfcreationist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native"
Thanks for the post Sabahan, very informative and interesting. I spent a little time in Kucing about seven years ago and have plans to visit Kalimantan (the Indonesian side of Borneo to those who don't know) some time in the future. In Kucing I saw plenty of MacDonalds and other conglomerate fast food restaurants, malls, etc.

I think one thing you did forget to mention about the 'ugly truth' is the way in which the Indonesian government is doing its best to relocate its excess population of Java to Kalimantan, and how the rainforest is suffering tremendously. I saw it happening in Kucing by the Malaysian government as well, they are obviously spending a lot of money to make Kucing appear more alluring to the peninsular Malaysian residents. I think the end result is more destruction to the native flora and fauna of that beautiful island.

Now, as far as the 'ugly truth about the show,' I wouldn't take it personally, I don't think Burnett and co. were trying to paint a picture of all of Malaysia as a backwards nation. I imagine it will be very much the same when they shoot Survivor 2 in Australia: they will be showing the wildness of the area they play the game in and not the cities surrounding it.

08-24-00, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sabahan Click to send private message to sabahan Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native"
IN fact KOta kinabalu has just been declared a City last year. Kuching already held that title for quite some times now. WHY ? POLITICS. Among all the states in Malaysia, SAbah has the most radical political activities in Malaysia. My cousins used to get into his boat and go fishing in the area (Pulau tiga) and seriously do not remember of any volcano or volcano muds at all. BTW, in the native language; Pulau tiga = pulau =island; tiga = three. There are 3 islands; the big one, the snake island and the sand beach.

The world eco challange (real athletic event) was also held in my home state few months ago.

Another worthy event is to reincarnate the World war II japannese death march ! now that show i will watch !

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-24-00, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "True fact about a native Bornean from a SB fan"
sabahan is homophobic.

He posted this same story on the SB spoiler board with the addition of the following "p.s.":

>p/s: HOw come a f@g can
>be finally call a survivor?

See the thread at:
http://www.survivorblows.com/survivorblows/boards/DCForumID2/483.shtml

08-24-00, 09:00 AM (EST)
4. "RE: True fact about a native Bornean from a SB fan"
I am not homophobic so if you dont know me please dont try to judge me.

I am saying the name of the show "survivor" is not the same as the final concept. IF truly you are to be deserted in an island (like wht the show wants you to believe), Ricahrd would definetly wont be the last man/gay/gal or whtever standing. He doesnt have true survival skills at all.

I have no problem with fags as long as they dont hit on me. In fact i have friends that are gay (both male & female).

Paulie 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-24-00, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Paulie Click to send private message to Paulie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: True fact about a native Bornean from a SB fan"
>I have no problem with fags
>as long as they dont
>hit on me.

I think I speak for us all when I say, consider yourself safe. I am sure we can resist what must be an overwhelming urge to hit on you. Get over yourself!

Magical Coconut 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-24-00, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magical%20Coconut Click to send private message to Magical%20Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: True fact about a native Bornean from a SB fan"

Okay, I was going to reply to your post when I saw it last night, but then i saw that no one else did, so I figured that I'd let it go and let you sink into obscurity.

Now I see that you've posted your D-U-M-B-F-U-C-K message all over this entire message system, in all of it's Survivor forums, so I will now break you down and display you for all to see as the uneducated, ingnorant, backwards jackoff that you are.

>I am not homophobic so if
>you dont know me please
>dont try to judge me.

Alot can be told of one by their words. How they use them to attack/defend, how they choose to represent themselves in their posts, ect.

You are a homophobe. Further more, you are obviously a vicious cocksucker that feels that all others are inadequate. You have been judged and you cannot come onto a message system an expect NOT to be judged as the despicably close-minded prick that you are.

You could have stayed informative - you could have just stated the facts (which were actually interesting) and then shut your ##### hole, but you chose to spew your personal politics and views about the homosexual community in a postscript that was equally obnoxious as the opening line of your post.

Whenever someone says, "I don't mean to burst your bubble." It really means, "Look at me! I'm going to now say something that I know you won't like to cause confrontation - and then I'm going to go back to my hut and bang a goat before I sacrifice it to the God of Being a F-u-c-k-i-n' A-s-s-h-o-l-e."

>I am saying the name of
>the show "survivor" is not
>the same as the final
>concept. IF truly you are
>to be deserted in an
>island (like wht the show
>wants you to believe), Ricahrd
>would definetly wont be the
>last man/gay/gal or whtever standing.
>He doesnt have true survival
>skills at all.

No ##### dumbass. It was a game show. Get it? You have those over there with your high-tech McDonalds? I bet you love McDonalds, don't you? A pitiful attempt at trying to grab a piece of a culture thatyou seem to despise because you aren't part of it. I hate to tell you, McDonalds sucks ALMOST as much as you do.

>I have no problem with fags
>as long as they dont
>hit on me. In fact
>i have friends that are
>gay (both male & female).

No you don't. No homosexual person in the fuckin' universe would want to assocate with someone who refers to someone of their sexual orientation as a fag or homo.

So, let's review (since I'm sure it was hard for you to comprehend all of this through the noise all of the bustling traffic created from goat-fucker commerce):

You're not only a confrontational homomphobe who enjoys displaying the shortcomings of others for self-gratification -
But you also show denial of latent homosexuality caused by living in close proximity to an equally digusting fast food resturaunt who's mascot is a man who wears makeup.

You will, from this point on, be referred to as Slobhands The GoatFucker.

How do you like labels now dipshit?

BluSavana 694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-24-00, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BluSavana Click to send private message to BluSavana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: True fact about a native Bornean from a SB fan"

Yoda taught you well, young MC, you speak wisdom

When I woke up this morning and I realized you weren't here, things really looked dark and the whole world seemed stinking and rotten...Then the dog rolled off my face--Hallmark

Rat Chef 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-24-00, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rat%20Chef Click to send private message to Rat%20Chef Click to check IP address of the poster
8. ""the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native""
Where's "boreno"? And what was this show he did?

I'm so confused ...

Irisheyes 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-24-00, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Irisheyes Click to send private message to Irisheyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: True fact about a native Bornean from a SB fan"
MC, couldn't have said it better if I had a manual in front of me explaining how to articulate exactly what I wanted to say.

Rattaniac 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-29-00, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rattaniac Click to send private message to Rattaniac Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: True fact about a native Bornean from a SB fan"
Easy there sweetie, while some of Sabahan's post is rooted in ignorance and misunderstanding, it hardly called for the name-calling hissy fit you posted in response.
You seem awfuly defensive about homosexuality and using the "correct" terms when talking about it, to the point that you ignore the fact that Richard used the word "fag" more than anybody else on the show.

It's also humourous when somebody of your sexual orientation uses the word "cocksucker" as a derogatory term in attacking a someone else.

As for "goatfucker", if he can't comment on who you have sex with, why can you comment on which, if any, farm animals he finds comfort with?

Juicylicious 9 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-00, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juicylicious Click to send private message to Juicylicious Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native"
I don't like gay bashing any more than anyone else, but give the guy a break. It seems that he is just trying to give an accurate depiction of his homeland. The sad truth is that moset Americans are pretty stupid and have absolutely no concept of world geography. I am sure that many people who watched Survivor believe that the people who live on the Island are superstitious and primitive. I wondered if those masks and recanted superstitions had any basis in reality. I appreciate Sabahan taking the time to point out how so much was contrived. I suspected as much and I am in no way surprised.

As far as McDonalds, well come on corporations will go anywhere to make a buck. Do you really believe that the people of all the countries of which McDonalds has a restaurant have begged them to open so that they could eat BigMacs?

And as far as the "fag" comment, well it seems to me that I heard that particular word used quite a lot throughout the series, as well as during the Town Hall meeting. It was used not only by Rich, but by others too. I haven't seen anyone attacking Sean or Rudy for saying "fag"(ok, maybe a little bit Rudy, but not much). Frankly, if you are so offended by that comment, you may think about contacting Rich and asking him to stop referring to himself in that manner so as to not encourage others use that term.

SuperPole2000 120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-27-00, 06:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SuperPole2000 Click to send private message to SuperPole2000 Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native"
> The sad truth
>is that moset Americans are
>pretty stupid

You can only speak for yourself.

Juicylicious 9 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-00, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Juicylicious Click to send private message to Juicylicious Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native"
No, I speak from experience. For example, having conversations with people who believe that Africa is a country and North America is only the United States. Or worse yet, those who believe all Asian or Latin countries are the same. I meet these uneducated people everyday. It is true that primary schools in the United States focus very little on world geography and history. The result being that for those who either: (1) do not have the opportunity to have an above average education experience, or (2) lack the desire to learn, they don't really have a good concept of the "world." Now perhaps you could try being a little nicer and maybe you too will learn a thing or two.

SuperPole2000 120 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-00, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SuperPole2000 Click to send private message to SuperPole2000 Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native"
I'm just curious about a few things Juicy. First, what compels you to go around quizzing Americans about world geography? Second, why you find it acceptable to say most Americans are stupid, yet consider it an insult when that term is applied to yourself? And third, why, being as educated as you are, you don't know the difference between stupidity and ignorance?

If you had attended elementary school in the United States, you would know that both world history and geography are taught in public schools. My recollection is that I not only had to know the fifty states and state capitals of the United States, along with the countries of North America, but had to be able to label every country in the world on a blank map from memory. While some people may not have shared my experience or retained the information, your assertion that most Americans are stupid is ridiculous and not something that most Americans would say.

Until you posted your reply, I took it for granted that you were an American, but now I believe I was mistaken. Your prejudices against America and ignorance of America have convinced me that you are not. Since they so closely mirror the person whom you are defending, I now suspect that you are in fact the same person attempting to add credibility to your original argument by using a different screen name. But whether my suspicion is true or not is of little consequence and for the sake of argument I will assume it is not.

I take issue with you saying that most Americans are stupid. In my opinion that statement in itself is a mark of stupidity, and attempting to defend it only deepens that conviction. My suggestion to you is this: If it is your wish to bestow knowledge upon others, I believe you will find yourself much more successful if you can manage to do it without insulting them.

Lucian 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-29-00, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lucian Click to send private message to Lucian Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native"
Fag is one of those words that the cultural group are trying to appropriate for their own use. Ditto with n----r for the African American community. As such it's a word that has to be used with care and consideration.

I saw no evidence of that here.

Lucian 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-29-00, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lucian Click to send private message to Lucian Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native"
Fag is one of those words that the cultural group are trying to appropriate for their own use. Ditto with n----r for the African American community. As such it's a word that has to be used with care and consideration.

I saw no evidence of that here.

squido 2 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-00, 05:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail squido Click to send private message to squido Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native"
Why did you compare Kota Kinablau to Los Angeles or other BIG cities in the U.S.A. You can't do this. Why did you not compare Los Angles to Kuala Lumpur. I have been to both cities and I would take Los Angeles over Kuala Lumpur any day.

Malaysians don't kidnap? You seem to forget that a Malaysian prince came to Australia and abducted his children that the mother had sole custody of and who he hadn't bothered to see in years. The Australian government took it to court to see what could be done. The Malaysian government did nothing about it and now the mother can't see her children at all. I know our governments don't get along but that was pretty low.

The tv show never suggested you live on the tops of trees. By the tone of your message your American version of Survivor would have 16 Malaysians surviving in south central L.A for 39 days, because, hey all Americans shoot, rape and mug each other.

Leif Eriksen 1179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-28-00, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Leif%20Eriksen Click to send private message to Leif%20Eriksen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native"
I personaly don't give a rats ass about your country and how it is portrayed by CBS but....what I do want to know is: are there expensive things to pillage and are there good looking woman on those Islands for my Viking hoard to have fun with?

Vampkira 133 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-00, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Vampkira Click to send private message to Vampkira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native"
Leif! For shame!.. lol.. You know how sensitive Ratso is!

"No sign of the morning coming, you've been left on your own, like a rainbow in the dark."-Ronnie James Dio

Leif Eriksen 1179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-29-00, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Leif%20Eriksen Click to send private message to Leif%20Eriksen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: the ugly truth about the show by a boreno native"
Sorry, I forgot (yeah sure) how about "a mongooses ass" or "an iguana's ass" those two should be appropriate for the islands in question, if the natives haven't eaten them all. Wait a minute, how about "a monkey's ass"? On second thought, I don't think there is any monkeys left, the natives do eat monkey head soup over there, don't they. Remember the movie "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?", I love that movie and when I wrote the line about eating monkeys, well, it reminded me of it, that's all. Bye!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •