The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official American Idol Summary: Let's Get This Party Started"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-05, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official American Idol Summary: Let's Get This Party Started"
Official American Idol Semifinal Summary: Let’s Get This Party Started

It’s the last semifinal round for American Idol, and I have a confession to make. I haven’t been watching. I’m one of those folks who watched in hopes of spying a glimmer of talent. Some people want to see Willy Hung, I want to see Willy get hung. Plus, Mr. Bebo is a professional, so turning on AI is just turning on the floodgates. If you think Simon’s harsh, stay away from my house when these folks are caterwauling.

While the finals can be amusing, the semifinals can be another story. In prior years, it’s been the Yak phase.
- Kids who sound like they’re strangling a yak.
- Kids who make such horrendous facial contortions that they look like a yak.
- Kids whose attitudes make me want to yak.

So with an open mind and a snarky attitude, it’s time to see if the “new” semifinals are any different. Bring on the opening credits, with the theme song that reminds me of what happens when you stick a cat’s tail under a rocker.

Let’s Hear It For The Boy

After a quick reminder of who’s already been rejected, Ryan Seacrest introduces the judges. Simon takes the opportunity to address the allegations that rejects were rejected because they hadn’t had enough air time to build up a following. Some of us think that most contestants are rejected because they got just enough air time to prove that they don’t have what it takes. Simon claims it’s a “ridiculous excuse” because “the audience is not stupid”. Uhhhhh….. Paula claims that tonight they’re going to “bring it” as opposed to the phoning it in they’ve been relying on for the past few weeks?. Randy gripes about song choice and says, “just sing the song”. And just in case Simon’s wrong about the intelligence level of the audience, the judges remind us that it’s a “singing competition”.

Oooo, it’s a theme night! Which theme will it be? Shove Ford products and Coca-Cola down our throat? Cheesy video montage night? No, it’s time to prepare the youngun’s and remind the older contestants of the worst part of hanging out in bars…being asked the question “What’s your sign”.

For those of you scoring at home, my sign is “No whining.”

First , it’s Scott Savol. He’s a Taurus, which is a bull. He’s says he’s a bull. I think he looks like a bull. I also think this theme is a load of bull. Scott starts to sing “Sugar Pie Honey Bunch”. Singing-wise, he’s not bad at all, but when he dances, he makes Clay Aiken look like John Travolta. And what was with that end pose? Mr. B forgives me for making him watch, since he thinks Scott has a pretty good voice, even though he was a bit off. After saying dawg a few hundred times, Randy gives the impression that he liked it. Paula proved she’s on another planet by telling him she loved the choreography. Simon compares it to an amateurish performance at a party. I’m just relieved he didn’t try to tell us what kind of party he had in mind.

In an attempt to spice things up a bit, Ryan chats on the couch with Mario and Nikko, asking such hard-hitting and controversial questions as, “It’s good to have positive comments from the judges, isn’t it?”

Next we have Bo Bice, and since he’s a Scorpio, he has to make a comment about a scorpion’s sting. Either he’s too stupid to make up something original, or he realizes how completely stupid these segments are and just doesn’t care. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and pick option B. He begins mumbling Edwin McCain’s “I’ll Be”, and I’m wincing at the poor start. He quickly erased that poor start though, and once he got into the meat of the song, he had that audience eating out of the palm of his hand. They guy’s got charisma, and unlike some rockers, he tries to sing a song instead of just yell. Hey, if AI can rely on clichés, why not me? Randy said it was a’ight after a shaky start and wants him to use his growl more. Paula’s delusions told her that it was consistent, and Simon told him that this was “his competition to lose”. For once, Mr. B disagrees with Simon and thought Randy was the one on target here.

Anthony Federov, aka “Trach Boy” is up next. He’s another Taurus brak brak brak born in Russia brak brak brak couldn’t speak English brak brak brak topple capitalism through the power of music brak brak brak. Oh no. He has channeled Willy Hung and chosen to butcher a Latin song “I’ve Got You”. No no no no no. Rhythm is a prerequisite. Didn’t anyone learn anything from Clay Aiken’s performance of “Grease”? While I still like the guy’s voice, I feel like he’s a Clay cloning experiment gone slightly wrong. Randy thinks the Dawg is finally back and that it’s the best he’s ever done, while Paula thinks it’s “brand new”. Sigh. Only three performances in, and I’ve already had to resist throwing things at Paula’s image three times. Why can’t I accept that the Paula doll is stuck permanently in Happy Thought Land? Oh yeah, because I’m summarizing a reality show. Simon says that Anthony has “as much Latin flair as a polar bear”. I really don’t want to know what kind of parties Simon goes to, if there are dancing polar bears involved. Then Simon compares him to The Wiggles. Thanks to my little Bubba, I have seen the Wiggles, and they have more rhythm than Anthony. Poor kid. Ryan adds to his misery by asking the Russian how he does in chess matches against Travis, and Anthony confesses that Travis kicks his butt. Ryan thanks him for not saying ass. Ryan, you so witty. Hard to believe you haven’t been able to snap up that someone special with charming lines like that.

On to Nikko Smith, who (surprise, surprise) is another Taurus. I’m a Taurus, and even I’m sick of hearing about what our sign is supposed to be like by now. Nikko looks sharp in his hat, but he’s flat as he sings “Georgia On My Mind”. Mr. B has an arm gesture he uses when a singer is flat, and he’s gesturing so wildly during this performance that I expect him to be airborne before Nikko finishes. Meanwhile, I become the stereotypical female, mesmerized by a smooth guy…but then he goes flat and loses me…oh, he’s got me back…oh, he’s lost me…oh that note, that note! Simon pulls Paula back into her chair, in his biggest act of kindness toward one of the contestants since the show’s inception. Dawg was pitchy, but Randy didn’t realize what a range had been hiding. Paula couldn’t imagine the final 12 without him. Then again, her final 12 has 10,000 participants, since she’s just a girl who can’t say no. Simon thought it was a smart song choice but that people will overlook the shakiness and remember that last note. Mr. B obviously does not qualify as people, since he thinks that with all the Oscar hype around Ray, that was a risky song choice that required a solid performance to win over the audience.

The producers decide to break it up and give us someone who’s not a Taurus. Travis Tucker, the Aries, spews on about his confidence. If this weren’t a live show, I’d swear this was foreshadowing a Travis loss. Dancing boy performs Bobby Brown’s “Every Little Step I Take”. Performs is the kind term, since the singing was off, off, off. Mr. B declares that “he needs to go home” and says that “if the judges don’t say something about his pitch, they can’t hear”.

INSTAPOLL! Will the judges say something about his pitch?
a. They all will – it was too obvious to miss.
b. Randy will say the word “pitchy”.
c. Simon will come up with some analogy to describe the horrendous train wreck we all just witnessed.
d. Paula will officially take the title of Cleopatra, Queen of Denial.
e. B, c, and d are all correct.

For those of you scoring at home, the answer was, of course, e. Simon was too bored to even come up with a new analogy, sticking with the old “theme park” insult. When he said that Travis was a dancer first and a vocalist second, Paula said, “I disagree”. Simon replied, “You would” and the producers made a note to remind Paula during the commercial break that this is not Hollywood Squares.

Now it’s time for Mario Vazquez. He’s a Gemini. What did he say? Who cares, it was brak brak brak, and definitely not worth trying to translate over the whooping of the audience. Maybe I should change brak brak brak to whoop whoop whoop. As he sings, “How Do You Mend a Broken Heart?”, Mr. B complains he’s too nasal. He thinks “there’s more depth there, and with his charm and poise, he could be someone”. Dawg makes a reference to the Dawg pound (aka, the other competitors hollering to get that one more moment of screen time), Paula says…ah, who am I kidding, I don’t listen to her anymore, and Simon compares his charm to that shown when a girl brings a date home. Meanwhile, Mr. B is on a roll. “Like Kasey Kasem, he doesn’t mathc his voice. And he married a woman who’s 100 feet tall…but I’m off task.” I worry about what excessive exposure to AI is doing to Mr. B.

On to the other rocker, Virgo Constantine Maroulis. During the chorus of “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic”, he’s not making magic, because he can’t quite get up to those notes. Mr. B is wincing but doesn’t think he’s as bad as “dancer guy”. And he loads of potential. When Dawg compliments him for being in tune, I have to remind Mr. B that he can’t jump through the TV and knock sense into Randy. Paula is still following the Thumper rule (if you can’t say something nice, then just run your mouth for way too long), while Simon calls it a bad impersonation of Sting. Then the judges argue about what Simon’s off of, while the viewers wonder what Paula’s on. Simon says they have lost the…block? Plot? Blot? Blood clot? Ah, who cares, it’s a typical judge b!tchslap fight and not worth the energy.

Last, but definitely not least, we have Anwar Robinson. Sigh, another Taurus. But my urge to tune out vanished when he began to sing “What a Wonderful World”. Mr. B was only half paying attention and thought he sang about “shaking ass”. I was too busy dropping to pick my jaw up to care. Then I dropped my pen as he got to the end. Da-yum. Randy gave a standing O and declared it the best performance of the season – “boy, girl, dawg, cat”. So, when Randy says cat, he means that it was a notch above dawg? Someone needs to publish a dictionary. Paula tries to sound unmedicated by telling him “your voice is an orchestra”. Even Simon is rendered incoherent, muttering phrases like “we could have had puppies on the stage” and “you and Paula should marry and have babies”. Aw, Simon, I thought you liked the guy. That’s the meanest thing you’ve ever said.

Oh Yes, It’s Ladies’ Night

Ryan looks ridiculous in that T-shirt. We get to deal with more inane banter, more brak brak brak.

Amanda Avila (Gemini, in case anyone cares) starts the night off singing “River Deep, Mountain High”. Eh. Her insistence on clapping on the microphone interferes with her sound. Compared to the guys’ performances, that’s no big loss. Eh. Randy said it was good, a’ight. Paula can’t think of anything witty to say (as usual), so she says it was good. The audience prefers her intonation of the word “good” and applauds. Either that, or they’re applauding that the Delusional One didn’t gush. Simon agreed with Randy, and for those who care, Mr. B said “I wasn’t really feeling it.” I am frightened, because I do not want to be married to Randy Jackson.

Next, it’s Libra Janay Castine. I’m intrigued, because I’ve heard she’s bad. Is she really as bad as they say? A few notes into her version of Selena’s “Dreaming Of You”, I realize how kind people have been when talking about her. How bad is she? Not even Paula can find something nice to say about her. But after Simon reads her horoscope – “suitcase and plane travel are in the near future” – Paula makes an appeal to Janay’s fans.

We interrupt this summary for Bebo’s rant.

WHY????? If she sucks, why are you imploring her fans to save her????? Have they not explained to you that if she stays, someone else will leave in her place???? And that obviously, that person will not be as deserving to be sent off the stage???? Why, oh why, would you want her fans to keep her in the competition instead of making room for someone more talented?? How strong is that medication you’re taking? What color is the sky on your planet? And where do we send in our quarters so that you can buy a clue?

Now it’s time for Carrie Underwood. The producers obviously want us to remember that she’s a Country Girl, and she explains that as a Pisces, she likes fish, and she likes to fish. And in a tribute to the Little Mermaid, her outfit for the night includes glittery fish scale boobs. Oops, Mr. Bebo is quick to make a scoring correction – she does not have boobs, she has empty glittery fish scale cups. He’s too busy complaining about her wardrobe and her song choice – “Because You Love Me” – to say much about her singing. The boys in the Dawg Pound give her a standing O. Randy and Paula pull out the pitchy word, while Simon reminds everyone that he predicted she’d be a finalist and doesn’t see a reason to change that prediction. Compared to the girls who sang before her, she did sound terrific. Compared to the guys the night before…not so much.

Tonight brings the Pisces run, with Vonzell Solomon next up with “Respect”. Was it just our tape, or was the sound going in and out during her performance? Whatever, Mr. B and I agreed she was the best so far. The judges seemed pleased too, even though Simon was wondering about her outfit and thought that “all we’re missing is a cow and a lassoo”. Vonzell sweetly explains that her dad had come to visit, and bought her the boots and hat. Ryan and the judges mock Simon’s use of “lassoo”, with Ryan asking, “What part of the Valley are you from, dude?”

Nadia Turner, plays the Obvious Card when she explains that Capricorns are eccentric go-getters. Her dress looked ridiculous. She started slowly singing “Try A Little Tenderness” and then…BAM. If you think Emeril can kick it up a notch, check out Nadia. She had that crowd rocking as she took command of the stage…and the judges. Simon likened her to a young Tina Turner and applauded her taking a risk on a “bland and boring night”.

Next was Aquarius Lindsey Cardinale, singing Aerosmith’s “Don’t Want To Miss a Thing”. Too low – was she trying to hide a three-pack-a-day habit or something? And her, ahem, choreography looked more like the start of aerobics (and squat, two, three, four). For once, Mr. Bebo out-snarked me, saying, “They all look like they're taking a crap when they do that…I don’t understand it.” The judges were bowled over either, with Simon calling her “the musical equivalent of Ryan Seacrest – you look the part, you do everything, and yet you’re disappointed with the performance.” Ryan’s mature response to this was a recreation of last season’s water throw. Meh.

And now…Fran Drescher! Oops, it’s just Mikalah Gordon. I was intrigued, based on the polar reactions from folks on the forums. That is, until she started to sing ”Somewhere”. Was she trying to sound like a man so that people would think of her as being strong like the guys? I felt like I was in some bizarre alternate universe as both Randy and Paula found good things to say. Simon complained about the first part being a hideous sleeping pill and chastised her for losing the personality that had attracted them to her in the first place. Eh, reruns of “The Nanny” are all over Lifetime – just turn on the TV instead.

Finally, it’s time for Scorpio Jessica Sierra…and her cleavage. After her boobs finished singing “The Boys Are Back In Town”, Randy was praising her performance, calling it hot. Mr. B thought he said “I love the boobs”. I thought he was just overly preoccupied with cleavage. Paula said Jessica had found her niche, while Simon made a reference to her outfit and her use of her sexuality.

Again, let’s take a brief rant break.

At least, that’s what Joy Behar indignantly complained about the next day on “The View”, claiming that Simon harassed the girl by commenting that the song title fit her outfit. *snort* Like Simon could ignore what Jessica put out there for all to see. The cameraman sure couldn’t. If the girl wants to get by on her, ahem, assets instead of talent, then she better be prepared to be called on for making that choice.

During the recap at the end, Mr. Bebo chanted “I need to go the bathroom” when Lindsey was shown.

America Voted

…and Paula has officially been named Queen of her own planet. Well, she was so rigid at the beginning of the show that she either had been sedated, or they had forgotten to switch her on before the show began.

Even though it was cut down to a half hour, it was still too damn long. And the tease that one rocker would stay, one would go…and then both stayed...just a painful reminder at how awkward their attempts to create drama really are. Since I am a true drama queen, I will not dignify their efforts with a recap, I’ll just give you YOUR.TWELVE.FINALISTS.

Mario
Lindsey
Anthony
Vonzell
Carrie
Nadia
Bo
Constantine
Anwar
Jessica
Scott
Mikalah

America, one of those 12 will be YOUR.AMERICAN.IDOL. You have no one to blame but yourselves.

Beblo and Kimdra

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official American Idol Summary:... strid333 03-13-05 1
 RE: Official American Idol Summary:... Fishercat 03-13-05 2
 RE: Official American Idol Summary:... badger 03-13-05 3
 RE: Official American Idol Summary:... greenmonstah 03-13-05 4
 RE: Official American Idol Summary:... callalilly3000 03-13-05 5
 RE: Official American Idol Summary:... kathliam 03-13-05 6
 RE: Official American Idol Summary:... anotherkim 03-13-05 7
 RE: Official American Idol Summary:... Drive My Car 03-14-05 8
 RE: Official American Idol Summary:... seahorse 03-14-05 9
 RE: Official American Idol Summary:... Roo 03-14-05 10
 Yay Bebo! Breezy 03-14-05 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-13-05, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official American Idol Summary: Let's Get This Party Started"
That was funny.

This had me laughing hard.

Even Simon is rendered incoherent, muttering phrases like “we could have had puppies on the stage” and “you and Paula should marry and have babies”. Aw, Simon, I thought you liked the guy. That’s the meanest thing you’ve ever said.

Three is the perfect number.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-13-05, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official American Idol Summary: Let's Get This Party Started"
Paula couldn’t imagine the final 12 without him. Then again, her final 12 has 10,000 participants

Haha! Thank you. That made AI interesting, and I actually read the whole summary on a show based on singing, so superbly done.
---
Of course, the pitiful performances of certain constants (one born within 30 days of me considering age/sign, and it was the worst remaining one) compared to Jack Johnson (on an SNL performance coinciding with his third CD, performing a song from his first, not even a single) made this all the better. And yes, I'm watching SNL...only for Jack.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-13-05, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official American Idol Summary: Let's Get This Party Started"
nice summary, bebo.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-05, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official American Idol Summary: Let's Get This Party Started"
Naturally my favorite part was all the Paula bashing. *snort* Thumper rule. Great job, Bebo! It was very funny.

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-13-05, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official American Idol Summary: Let's Get This Party Started"
With a summary like this, why bother watching the show?

That was brilliant!

Official Kitty Loaf Sig

BTW I? am a Taurus.

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-13-05, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official American Idol Summary: Let's Get This Party Started"
Bebo, great summary. Thank you. Just too many funny parts to quote them all.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Official American Idol Summary: Let's Get This Party Started"
Paula couldn’t imagine the final 12 without him. Then again, her final 12 has 10,000 participants

Which is why we thank God that Paula is not allowed to have her way in any of her hissy fit fights with Simon.

Nice job, Beblo!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-05, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Official American Idol Summary: Let's Get This Party Started"

Wow, Mr. Bebo is really good at this. Could I maybe invite him to my house to watch AI with us on my week?
See, my Hubby just yells at the TV through the entire episode, every episode, at every singer. So not really as helpful.

Great work Bobo! You have set the standard for all Idol summaries to come.

Very funny stuff ( or stuff that made me laugh)

The Yak thing

Then Simon compares him to The Wiggles. Thanks to my little Bubba, I have seen the Wiggles, and they have more rhythm than Anthony. Poor kid.

Paula is still following the Thumper rule

Simon agreed with Randy, and for those who care, Mr. B said “I wasn’t really feeling it.” I am frightened, because I do not want to be married to Randy Jackson.

ByTheWay- Nikko is swoony, and clearly the best ever. ( I know this because True told me so, ( and she knows where I live) and she pokes me with sticks to make me vote til my hands go numb and the phone is dead). Nikko cannot be eliminated because if he does it will be all MY fault, and I can't live with that hanging over my head. ( and True knows where I live, and she could could hurt me)

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Official American Idol Summary: Let's Get This Party Started"
Outstanding job, Bebo.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-14-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Official American Idol Summary: Let's Get This Party Started"
Nice job, Bebo! I love Mr. B's snarky comments too!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-05, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Yay Bebo!"
Great summary!

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •