The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Words."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-17-04, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Words."
The Washington Post does these every year, I think. this year, the Minneapolis Star & Tribune also asked it's readers to come up with new words and new meanings, by combining two or more existing words. Or something like that. Some of them are pretty good. Some not so much...

Tentinitis: Inflammation caused by cold, wet nights on bivouac.

Discombibulated: The state of a dining toddler.

Sphinxter: The exit from an Egyptian monument.

Corncrete: An unpopped kernel that chips a tooth.

Snorgasbord: Group activity following a large Scandinavian meal.

Sextinguisher: A headache.

Internut: Someone who spends too much time on the Web.

Loboromy: The desire to stick a needle in your brain during a mundane lecture.

Leople: Persons born between July 23 and Aug. 22.

Orangutang: The favorite drink of space monkeys.

Gigamy: The brief marriage of performing artists, such as Britney Spears.

Leadershop : Qualities demonstrated by one with highly developed shopping skills.

Orbstetrician: Physician specializing in the care of women during pregnancy and childbirth in outer space.

Epiphony: The lie told to cover up a questionable life experience. Examples include, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman," "It was a wardrobe malfunction" and "I had a standing order to sell at $60."

Naptial: Sleeping through your wedding.

Eraticate: Divorce.

Passhole: A driver who waits until the last possible moment to merge and then forces ahead of those who waited in line.

Pastword: The last password you had.

Toothwaste: The last bit of toothpaste that can't be extracted from the tube.

Elbown: The bone just below the elbow that causes untold pain when bumped.

Curiocity: An odd town.

Litterature : Stories about puppies and their siblings.

Sopisticated: To be really angry.

Hiccurp: Combination hiccup and burp.

Crockstar: A famous singer who is full of himself.

Propagunda: Information promoting the right to conceal and carry firearms.

Staydium: Facility you must build every 20 years if you want your greedy pro team to stay.

Geriatricks: Nature's jokes for old age.

Tax racket: Legislation benefiting wealthy legislators.

Tubterfuge: An evasive plan or action, generally accompanied by kicking and screaming, used primarily by children to avoid bathing.

Gliberal: One who espouses progressive views fluently but seems to lack conviction.

Mepublican: Someone obsessed with accumulating wealth and having no concern for society as a whole.

Landlibber: A wife who does her own thing instead of sailing with her husband.

Housepeeping: Going house to house in the annual Parade of Homes.

Matrimoney: The average $15,000 to $20,000 spent on a wedding.

Snarkeling: Incessant complaining about the view underwater.

Borigami: The art of inducing tedium by constructing paper cranes.

Aunticipation: Looking forward to seeing your uncle's wife.

Pandamonium: Chinese bears gone wild.

Soulitude: The state of being alone and introspective.

Nontribution: A donation of an object that no charitable organization wants.

Sunctum: The final, watery resting place of a boat or ship.

Celluvoid: Fat deposits in the brains of chronic cell-phone users, rendering them oblivious to their surroundings.

Laffirmations: Trying to keep a straight face while looking in the mirror and repeating such positive phrases as "I am a magnet to the opposite sex" and "Every day of my life gets better and better."

Slettuce: Smushy lettuce on fast-food hamburgers

Minkling: A slight indication or feeling that the coat is really fur.

Kinformation: Genealogy.

Goldflinch: A species of bird that is frightened by anything yellow.

Qualifictions: Lies on a resume.

Understranding: When the amount of yarn in a needlework kit is less than needed to complete the project

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Words. AugustGirl 04-17-04 1
   You? greenmonstah 04-17-04 3
 RE: New Words. LadyT 04-17-04 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-04, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Words."
Leople: Persons born between July 23 and Aug. 22.

Hey people, I'm a Leople!

My favorite:
Passhole: A driver who waits until the last possible moment to merge and then forces ahead of those who waited in line.

I deal with passholes twice a day, driving to and from work.

Thanks for posting these Swami. Too funny!

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-04, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "You?"
Are good leople.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-04, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Words."
LOL thanks for the laugh. I love these

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •