The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rhonda is misinformed on ADHD"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

GreenSideUp 274 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-18-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GreenSideUp Click to send private message to GreenSideUp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rhonda is misinformed on ADHD"
She stated that TJ wasn't heard as a child so she talks nonstop now. I have a niece and nephew with ADHD. We listen to them the same as we listen to all of our kids. We have conversations with them, explore and learn together. And they STILL talk nonstop. How unfair to blame the parents.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rhonda is misinformed on ADHD wideeyes03 10-18-05 1
   RE: Rhonda is misinformed on ADHD GreenSideUp 10-18-05 2
 RE: Rhonda is misinformed on ADHD bentherdunthat 10-18-05 3
   RE: Rhonda is misinformed on ADHD GreenSideUp 10-18-05 4
 RE: Rhonda is misinformed on ADHD piscestara 10-18-05 5
   RE: Rhonda is misinformed on ADHD kelb 10-18-05 6
 Rhonda's credentials karenlucyian 10-18-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wideeyes03 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-18-05, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wideeyes03 Click to send private message to wideeyes03 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rhonda is misinformed on ADHD"
I understand your perception on the matter and you have the right to feel a little irked in your skin. However, I don't feel it's misinformation on Rhonda's part about ADHD. While TJ does have that, I don't feel that Rhonda was saying that (ADHD) was the cause or related to her not being heard as a child. I know for myself, not having ADHD, I had the same issue of talking incessantly because I wasn't heard by my parents. Whoever screamed the loudest got mom's attention. The pattern developed over time and I became a loud, obnoxious kid who never shut up. I would imagine that in TJ's case there may have been something similar in her family's situation. I don't feel that Rhonda was placing blame on the parents or saying that her ADHD had made her parents ignore her, I just think it was a recognition and awareness of a family dynamic that was individual to TJ. Which, I'm sure in light of that dynamic was it only then a hundred times harder for Teej BECAUSE she had Adhd. I hope I identified my point clear enough, I was struggling to put it in the right words.

Embrace your uniqueness; time is much too short to be living someone else's life.

10-18-05, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GreenSideUp Click to send private message to GreenSideUp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rhonda is misinformed on ADHD"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-05 AT 05:56 PM (EST)

I see where you are coming from. What I am saying is that it's very likely TJ's running commentary is a symptom of ADHD and while she might be trained to manage it, it's likely nobody "caused" it.

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-18-05, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rhonda is misinformed on ADHD"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-05 AT 06:05 PM (EST)

I have no personal, one on one experience with ADHD children, but I wanted to comment that you must have an incredible amount of patience and love for these kids. I have been around them (kids with ADHD-albeit briefly) and they can be challenging-to say the least.It takes an amazing amount of love and commitment on the part of the adults in their lives. Your nephew and niece are lucky to have adults in their lives that truly listen to them. I can't imagine the issues an ADHD child (or adult) must deal with on a daily basis, and the challenges of just getting through each day-and how much MORE difficult it must be without supportive individuals around.

10-18-05, 06:48 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Rhonda is misinformed on ADHD"
She's amazing. I sent my autistic child to residential school because he was hurting himself and also not sleeping so I was making dangerous mistakes from lack of sleep - but she has 3, 2 w/ ADHD and one autistic, and bipolar herself, AND she works 2 jobs! She's single too, like I was. Yet she always has time for her kids. She just takes them along, and chases them around while she's doing what she has to do. She works at their elementary school and that helps a lot because unless one is sick, they all have the same hours.

piscestara 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-18-05, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail piscestara Click to send private message to piscestara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rhonda is misinformed on ADHD"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-05 AT 07:19 PM (EST)

Believe me I am usually the first person to call out when the coaches are wrong about AD/HD. I think Rhonda made perfect sense in relation to this. It's not just the fact that TJ talks a lot it how she does it. It's not like Rhonda came out of no where with this one either. TJ was not heard as child or teen.

Tara
http://www.livingwithadd.com

kelb 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-18-05, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelb Click to send private message to kelb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rhonda is misinformed on ADHD"
I think that maybe this exercise was also designed to help the housemates learn compassion for her as well. It is symbolic in other ways too.

karenlucyian 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-18-05, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail karenlucyian Click to send private message to karenlucyian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Rhonda's credentials"
Hey everyone, I just spent a workshop day with Rhonda in Phoenix. What I came away with was better than listening to any degree person's stuff. She preaches and I believe teaches on SO that living is being the truest you. She is very inspiring, not out of the pity of her past, but out of how much life we waste on not being honest and not being alive. I strongly urge all of you to increase your energy and volume by just 10% and see how much more you can get out of life. Try it and if you ever get a chance to see her live it is totally worth it!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •