The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Simon vs. Ryan"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

smakitupflipit 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-23-04, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smakitupflipit Click to send private message to smakitupflipit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Simon vs. Ryan"
Am I the only person, or is it getting really annoying watching Ryan take shots at Simon? I know Simon can be a twit, but usually he is close to the truth. Ever notice that Simon sits quietly allowing Rnady to drop his cliche lingo, and let Paula get mushy about any song she danced to at one of her 4 weddings, but the second Simon says a negative comment, both Paula and Randi start beating him up? I love the show, but this bickering is beginning to detract from the performers. It's almost springer-esque.

Anyways, here's my top 11 (Overall)

Fantasia (easy to like her spunk)
George (sings a smooth tune)
La Toya (she's great but her song had backups the whole time)
Diana (bad at country, but good at pop)
JPL (He's the people's choice in this)
Jasmine (As good as she was week one she was bad week 2)
Amy (great job projecting her voice)
Red John(he's in trouble unless he digs up a Sinatra disco song)
Matt (on borrowed time..he has no range)
Jennifer (picks terrible songs, but hair looks much better)
Camile (icky poopy crappy)

Bottom three tomorrow will be Camile, Jennifer, and Matt
with Camile deserving to go, but probably Jennifer leaving.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Simon vs. Ryan So_Opinionated 03-24-04 1
   RE: Simon vs. Ryan tanneu7 03-24-04 2
       RE: Simon vs. Ryan qwertypie 03-24-04 4
           RE: Simon vs. Ryan raidersfantom 03-24-04 9
               RE: Simon vs. Ryan qwertypie 03-24-04 11
 RE: Simon vs. Ryan qwertypie 03-24-04 3
 RE: Simon vs. Ryan Ricky 03-24-04 5
 RE: Simon vs. Ryan rwarren 03-24-04 6
   RE: Simon vs. Ryan ginger 03-24-04 7
 RE: Simon vs. Ryan Oscirus 03-24-04 8
   RE: Simon vs. Ryan greenmonstah 03-24-04 10
 Dissent Mizz Eve 03-24-04 12
   Truly pathetic Angelfood 03-24-04 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

So_Opinionated 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail So_Opinionated Click to send private message to So_Opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Simon vs. Ryan"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-04 AT 00:25 AM (EST)

Amen..Amen...Amen

I am so tired of Ryan and him always making little remarks to Simon. It almost appears as though he is jealous because the public still loves Simon after his sometimes rude BUT true comments.

Another thing...
Although he didn't do it tonight, he always makes a gay comment about Simon. What's up with that? Simon's girlfriend Terri is on Good Day Live every week. But back to the Simon vs Ryan thing
I now feel that Ryan is obnoxious!!!!

tanneu7 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 01:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tanneu7 Click to send private message to tanneu7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Simon vs. Ryan"
I totally agree with you. The gay jokes are so tasteless and i'm sure, to some, insulting. I thought Ryan did make a gay joke tonight though. Did'nt he say something about Simon wearing chaps and not even knowing it was country night? Maybe i'm looking to much into it because i've come to expect the puns.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-24-04, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Simon vs. Ryan"
I immediately assumed the chaps comment was a gay 'joke' (I keep flashing back to the "Blue Onion" gay bar scenes in the Police Academy movies).

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raidersfantom Click to send private message to raidersfantom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Simon vs. Ryan"
That was the Blue Oyster. One of the most infamous bars ever in comedy history.

Ryan is jealous a bit, maybe he's trying to be his own man, as the real star of the show is Simon, not the singers.

03-24-04, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Simon vs. Ryan"
Right you are. We have a bar here called the Purple Onion (I don't think it's a gay bar) that I drive by everyday. That's how I transposed the name. How could I have made such a mistake?

03-24-04, 01:53 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Simon vs. Ryan"
"Ever notice that Simon sits quietly allowing Rnady to drop his cliche lingo, and let Paula get mushy about any song she danced to at one of her 4 weddings..." LOL -- nasty but loving it

Ya definitely Ryan is trying way too hard to insult Simon and it comes across as forced and unfunny. Just let it go Ryan.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-24-04, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Simon vs. Ryan"
Yea, I'm getting kind of tired of hearing Ryan try and put down Simon every five minutes on the show. Once in a while would be fine, if he had a clever comment, but it's wearing thin now. I do think Simon speaks what he thinks is the truth, but I think he's been too harsh on several of the contestants (Diana and Fantasia this week for example).

rwarren 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-24-04, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rwarren Click to send private message to rwarren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Simon vs. Ryan"
i think the put-downs are only for the show. i think , outside of the show, they are very good friends.
i kinda like it, actually. Adding flavors to the show.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Simon vs. Ryan"
I agree that any animosity is entirely fabricated. I disagree that the fluffy sparring adds anything to the show.

Two of the flabbiest hours in television. America's Top Model looked like the Sopranos in comparison.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-24-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Simon vs. Ryan"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-04 AT 01:35 PM (EST)

Ryan's not as bad as Randy and paula are. Every time Simon says something bad abput a contestant they jump all over him. Now that's the real annoyance.

Bring back the spice rack
Congragulations to the apprentice Mr Kwame Jackson

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-04, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Simon vs. Ryan"
I agree. Simon is relatively quiet while Randy and Paula are casting thier judgements. However, if Simon contridicts what they have to say, they become loud and disruptive. The one (and perhaps only) thing that I like about Ryan and Simon's banter is sometimes Ryan makes Simon explain/qualify his put downs.

Mizz Eve 368 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-24-04, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mizz%20Eve Click to send private message to Mizz%20Eve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Dissent"
I enjoy the exchanges between Ryan and Simon. It all seems pretty good natured. I really like it when he calls Simon on some of his crap, i.e. when Simon made a negative comment to John Stevens, Ryan asked him to clarify. I like that. Then again, I didn't watch AI1 or AI2, so I haven't that much time to get tired of it.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-24-04, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Truly pathetic"
Its pathetic. sophomoric.
too Fabricated and getting old.
Simon is set up to be the bad guy "dressed in black" (Ryan's words), like an old cowboy movie. They BOO when he's intro'd.
That's all the comedy writers can come up with??

Part of Ryan's schtick is that he denegrates himself. Did Anyone else catch George telling Ryan that whatever-self-insult wasn't true??!!
GO GEORGE!!

I agree with MizzEve that its interesting when Ryan asks Simon to clarify answers, wish he'd do it to Paula and Randy, and I like what he asks the contestants afterwards.
its the personal remarks and innuendo that go too far and are just too disrespectful. The first few were cute, but its gone downhill.
Typical of the times, sadly.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •