The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"This week's Reward, Immunity Challenge - Question"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jane 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-12-00, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jane Click to send private message to jane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"This week's Reward, Immunity Challenge - Question"
If we knew what the challenges are this week, it could help us predict the winner of both, and possible boot-ees.

I have seen previews of a mud challenge, that I think is the reward challenge. Does anyone know what the directive of this challenge is? Whoever gets the dirtiest, wins?

What about the IC? Anybody seen any previews? What kind of challenge could this be? I predict that it won't be anything too physically grueling, because I think at this point food and energy is low. Who will win?

Will the winner of the Reward challenge get booted? We saw this happen a couple of times (Greg, Gervase). And immunity is key.

Come on, we need reasons for our predictions!

--jane

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: This week's Reward, Immunity Ch... Dreamingofcolleen 08-12-00 1
 E12 Challenges AyatollahKhomeini 08-12-00 2
   Sean probably wins the Reward......... Kelly 08-13-00 3
   RE: E12 Challenges Magus 08-13-00 4
       RE: E12 Challenges DaddyO 08-13-00 5
       RE: E12 Challenges AyatollahKhomeini 08-13-00 7
 RE: This week's Reward, Immunity Ch... SGMagicMan 08-13-00 6
   RE: This week's Reward, Immunity Ch... zeako 08-13-00 8
   RE: This week's Reward, Immunity Ch... Naked 08-13-00 9
       Possible snake challenge AyatollahKhomeini 08-13-00 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dreamingofcolleen 73 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-12-00, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dreamingofcolleen Click to send private message to Dreamingofcolleen Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: This week's Reward, Immunity Challenge - Question"
On tvguide.com it reports EP12: Death of the Alliance

In Week 12, the number of contestants is whittled down to the final four. The players compete for immunity in a contest that's a takeoff on “The Blair Witch Project.” For a reward---a cold beer---the “castaways” see who can collect the most mud on their bodies and transfer it to a designated area in a given time. Jeff Probst is the host.

RC Winner: Probably Rich, since he is the biggest and fattest - meaning he is likely to collect the most mud on him.

IC Winner: From what I hear about the IC the castaways have to go to different points on the island and collect mask while making some sort of a BW video. This could be anyones game.
Possibilities:
Rudy - Not the likely winner. I imagine this involes running, working a camera, and making quick decisions, not his strong points so we can count him out.
Sean - A possible winner. I see him having a decent chance of winning, hes due.
Sue - Not likely. She can compete physically but I don't see an IC like this being something she can do well at. But is due to win.
Rich - A likely winner. He is a strong competitor and needs to win to keep strength. Also WotB photo supports this.
Kelly - A possible winner. She is strong and can think on her feet. I think she is just not determined enough this week to win, plus she just won.

Winner? Prob Rich

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-12-00, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "E12 Challenges"
>I have seen previews of a
>mud challenge, that I think
>is the reward challenge. Does
>anyone know what the directive
>of this challenge is? Whoever
>gets the dirtiest, wins?

The object is to transfer the most mud from the mud volcano to a "dumping area" in a given amount of time. The reward appears to be a beer and pasta dinner at a makeshift bar with locals present. One theory posted on ss.com is that the women might do better at this because the mud would stick to their hair. I remember seeing a guess that the Alliance Rice Serving photo takes place after this challenge because Susan's hair appears to have been washed.

>What about the IC? Anybody seen
>any previews? What kind of
>challenge could this be? I
>predict that it won't be
>anything too physically grueling, because
>I think at this point
>food and energy is low.

This is the challenge based on the "Blair Witch" scenario. The challengers have to find masks hidden in the jungle. There are questions on the back of the masks. The challengers have to videotape themselves answering the questions. Whoever gets back first with all of the correct answers on the tape wins immunity.

Kelly 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-13-00, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelly Click to send private message to Kelly Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Sean probably wins the Reward............."

TO me it does seem more likely for a woman to win with the hair thing and all but I am sure that Sean wins, AGAIN!!!! **** him!!!!! Sorry for my use of ****** but I hat him!!!
If you look in his bio his favorite meal is pasta and beer. I am sure he gets what he wants for a meal and chooses that!!!
I just hope I am NOT right.

Peace.

Magus 31 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-00, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magus Click to send private message to Magus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: E12 Challenges"
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-00 AT 00:07 AM (EST)

I've read about these at the SS board. The general theory is that Sean wins the reward because it may have been tailored to that persons preferences. On the official site, Sean's favorite food is a type of pasta, and his beverage is beer. (LOOKS LIKE THIS WAS JUST POSTED BY KELLY)

This is the first I've heard of the masks (Blair Witch) challenge, I thought the immunity challenge had something to do with "Snake Island".

DaddyO 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-13-00, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaddyO Click to send private message to DaddyO Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: E12 Challenges"
Yes, I think the winner of the pasta dinner and beer, does appear to be Sean. Someone posted quite a while back on SS that Sean does in fact win a pasta dinner. He is getting quite a few breaks in the meal department. Maybe the extra boost will do him good. Ha.

The mask challenge for immunity is interesting. If we can compare it to the quiz game where Kelly was first out, or if it takes brains, then I would have to wager that Kelly is the looser, since she appears to be lacking in this department (Either stick with the alliance or shoot yourself). Now, Rich and Sue both have a good chance. And, I'll agree that Rudy is not quick or smart enough in either respects to win. So, Lets assume that either Rich or Sue win immunity.

If Rich wins immunity, would he try to rally a team against his best friend Susan? Doubtful. Or would he stick to his guns and vote off Kelly, as proposed last week. Likely.

If Susan wins immunity, would she try to get rid of Rich. Not yet. She may need him to help her through one more episode.

Either way, I think that Kelly will be next to go, unless there is a miracle and she gets immunity again. Say it isn't so.
So much for that, now I need help.

08-13-00, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: E12 Challenges"
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-00 AT 08:09 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-13-00 AT 08:09 AM (EST)

>This is the first I've heard
>of the masks (Blair Witch)
>challenge, I thought the immunity
>challenge had something to do
>with "Snake Island".

Per ferretkiss' challenges sheet, there was such a challenge. We don't know when or for what. I've cut out her response to an e-mailed question about it:

(question to fk)
>1. Probst told Gumbel on Early Show clip: "You will see a snake encounter in a coming episode." It was in response to a question about any getting bitten.
>2. From ferretkiss' challenge site: "The castaways will have to spend two nights on Snake >Island. Snake handlers are involved in some way. During this challenge, a woman freaks out and asks to leave the (Snake) island."
>3. We know Sue hurts her hand sometime.
>4. We know her hand's not bandanged while Rich has immunity necklace walking on beach.
>
>OK, how about this: They walk on the beach in E12
>on way to go to Snake Island, or maybe it's
>on Snake Island, and she gets her hand bitten there (or hurts it when she freaks out).

(fk's response)
OK good thinking and pulling a lot of stuff together.

DISCLAIMER: the part about Snake Island and the woman freaking out was from a poster who either claimed to be an "insider" or got it from an "insider". And the original post said , "... a woman, maybe Jenna, freaks out..." So this is not official factual evidence, but might happen.

Who knows about snake bites? I just heard a related story on NPR, in fact, about the amount of antivenom available this year being dangerously low (because the one company that makes it closed their plant for renovations until 2001). It can take over 100 vials of antivenom to treat a rattlesnake bite. It is urgent to get treatment right away because the snake venom travels quickly up the extremity toward the trunk and threatens the vital organs. But would a snakebite be bandaged up? Anyone know about this type of injury?

could be an E13 challenge; we don't seem to know anything about those. We also know that there were challenges we've never seen.

SGMagicMan 29 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-00, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SGMagicMan Click to send private message to SGMagicMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This week's Reward, Immunity Challenge - Question"
I agree with the above posts that Sean wins the luxury reward. For immunity, however, I believe Kelly wins. Here's why:
Last week, we learned how eager Rich, Sue and Rudy (and likely Sean too) are to dump Wiglesworth. She is leading the fan polls (accesshollywood.com for example) for who gets booted next, which leads me to believe she will NOT be booted next. The only way she can survive next week when we know she's in danger is if she wins immunity. The Blair Witch idea seems right up her alley, so look for her to take it.
- Scott
www.thegreatscott.com/survivor

zeako 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-13-00, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zeako Click to send private message to zeako Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: This week's Reward, Immunity Challenge - Question"
I agree MagicMan. If we jump to the conclusion that Sean and Kelly are the front runners to win the Immunity Challenge as it involves running and operating a video camera, then her chances are about 50/50. I like her chances of hanging onto that cherished necklace. This could mean Sean is history, or perhaps it gives Sue the opportunity to give Fat Boy the boot.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-13-00, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: This week's Reward, Immunity Challenge - Question"
The types of snakes that are on the island are sea snakes and pit vipers. These are some of the most deadly snakes in the world. If someone (aka Sue) is bitten by one of these, then they WILL NOT be on the island. They will either be dead, or in a hospital recovering for a few weeks. A bandage on the hand would not be from a snake bite. We know that none of the contestants died, or where injured badly, so lets just believe that this did not occur.

08-13-00, 11:38 PM (EST)
10. "Possible snake challenge"
Thanks for the info. I didn't know anything more about this than ferretkiss did. Clearly this is not how Susan hurts her hand.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •