The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

weecama 305 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-29-05, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weecama Click to send private message to weecama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
NEXT TIME ON .. THE AMAZING RACE:

Paolo kid: Mom, please be quiet. Please.
Phil VO: The Paolos continue to feud.
Paolo Mom: None of you ever, ever listen to me!
Paolo Kid, driving: Gimme the damn map!

Phil VO: The families find themselves in a Civil War battle.

Teams participate in a battle, shooting, carrying bodies on stretchers.
Aiello's: Unbelievable! Goosebumps! Can't even put it into words!

Phil VO: And Wally can't keep up with his daughters.
In a field, two daughters lift a stretcher.
Wiping sweat, Wally: I can't, guys. Ugh.

~puddin~

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... weecama 09-29-05 1
   RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... weecama 09-29-05 2
       RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... dragonflies 09-29-05 5
   RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... TARJUNKIE999 09-29-05 3
   RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... Neobie 09-29-05 4
   RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... beau_30 09-29-05 6
 RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... Max Headroom 09-30-05 7
   RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... Gingerman28 09-30-05 8
       RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... Neobie 10-01-05 9
           RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... Gingerman28 10-01-05 10
               RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... mommamia 10-01-05 11
                   RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... choochoo 10-01-05 12
                       RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... mommamia 10-01-05 13
                           RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... Gingerman28 10-02-05 14
                               RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... mommamia 10-04-05 15
                                   RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... Gingerman28 10-04-05 16
                                       RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Are... weecama 10-04-05 17
                   No pit stops gatortod 10-04-05 18
                       RE: No pit stops Gingerman28 10-04-05 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-29-05, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weecama Click to send private message to weecama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
AOL preview
VO: next on the Amazing Race Famliy edition
Weaver kid : Drive yourselves to Washington DC
Godlewski's: were just kicking " whoohoo"
Gaghan mom: Hey kids were just in cruising mode
Gaghan dad: stupid mode
boy voice : its a freaking shoe
Weaver mom : ohh its cute
Bransen dad : slow down guys
Girls : come on dad you can do it ( all the times he picked on me for working out )
Shroeder dad: come on guys lets go
Weaver Girl : just go straight go straight , look for the clue box ..There it is !
Boy : DAD
Girl : Scream
Linz boy :< gets clue > a covert operation
Linz boy : i'll do it < asking people > " skys blue?" skys blue?" , " you gotta be kidding me
Rodger kid:< drving > are we going in the wrong direction ?
Rodger dad : we are way off
Paolo kid :< driving> I have 3 people behind me and not one of them can read a map
Mom Paolo : don't blame the 3 people in the back .I blame the 3 of you because none of you Ever Ever listen to me !
Bransen girls : we must carry 5 wounded soldiers , come on this is going to be FUN !
Godlewskis : OMG you guys
Girl: its unbelievable
Linzs : 1 ..2..3 < lifts the body blows by the Godlewskis >
( yells the the Godlewskis " better catch up girls ! " )
Godlewskis: I'm gonna die doing this
VO: don't miss an all new Amazing Race CBS Tuesday

~puddin~

09-29-05, 00:26 AM (EST)
2. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
EP2 Promo from CBS

VO: The Amazing Race is an Emmy winner and the Family Edition has just begun
Phil: Go
Aiello son in law: Time to hit the road
VO: Nerves are already Frayed
Rodgers boy: are we going in the right direction?
Rodger dad : We are way off
VO: Tempers are flaring
Paolo MOM: none of you ever ever listen to me !
VO: and in a battle for first place < war renactment>
Godlewski sis : were gonna die doing this < carrying a body>
VO: There are NO pitstops
Linz Boy: gotta pee gotta pee . im gonna pee in a cup < in car backseat >
sis : ewwww
Linz boy : Lets GO ! < at Lincoln Memorial area >
VO: don't miss the competition and fun
Godlewski sisters : were just kicking " whooooo" < in car >
VO: the Emmy winning amazing Race new family edition CBS Tuesday

~puddin~

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-29-05, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
This is the Jefferson Memorial

TARJUNKIE999 479 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-29-05, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TARJUNKIE999 Click to send private message to TARJUNKIE999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-05 AT 01:02 AM (EST)

Nice job with the preview vidcaps, puddin.

(not really into this "family edition" yet, so have been holding back with the spoiling).

Racers are walking past the statues in the Korean War Veterans Memorial in D.C. (very close to Lincoln Memorial).

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-29-05, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-05 AT 07:03 AM (EST)

Godlewskis at the big shoe house? It's Haine Shoe House near Hallam, Pennsylvania. And ROFL to DC secret agents! Are they going to be race alumni as well?

The shoe house is where teams learn to get to Washington DC. It seems like a no-fuss 'get here' marker, and only one team member has to go up. We see one of the Bransen girls and Rolly doing this. In the AOL video, when Rolly, in the car, says "Go to Washington DC", you can see a fence outside the window with an 'X' pattern. This is the same fence in AOL.8 and AOL.9, at the back of the shoe house.

Unless the battle is after/in Washington DC (very unlikely), it's the first order of the day. Seems like a Detour, with the Bransens, Linzes and Godlewskis doing the stretcher and the Weavers doing some fetching a flag thing. An easy way out for the kids?

Oh, and when Rogers dad Denny says "we're way off", his pen is pointing at Washington DC. That's when they get lost.

beau_30 952 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
""Its the most daring competition every attempted.""

I can't believe i missed the clue box, Im like always in d.c. during the summer. Damn. That sucks. But I think it was either the was the brasen family I saw at regan, then again it could of been a decoy. But wow, I know how this is going ot work. n/e ways going now.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-30-05, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
Excuse me, that's WALL-TER to you. That's what you get for listening to my daughters!

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-05, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
Looks like CBS's deep pockets paid off to keep the Gettysburg reenacters around for another weekend!

Gettysburg task looks like the DETOUR and how about this for a title: SEARCH OR RESCUE?

Each with its own pros and cons. In RESCUE teams must locate five wounded soldiers and move them on stretchers to the field hospital. While there are many wounded soldiers on the field, the task of moving them (distance) to the field hospital will be a very physical task. In SEARCH teams must locate a battle flag which matches the picture they have. While this is not a very physical task, locating the right flag among the hundreds on the field of battle may take a long time!

This task is similar to ones TAR has had before most recently in Iceland (search the ice lagoon or scale the ice wall)

So far we have identified the Bransens, Aiellos, Godlewskis, and Linzes doing the RESCUE task (these are the more physical capable teams). And we have those teams with the youngest members, the Weavers and Gaghans opting for the less physical SEARCH task.

Meanwhile ther Paolos, Schroeders, and Rogers are MIA.

The ROADBLOCK takes place in Washington, DC. Act the spy and find the man with an identical black briefcase; make the exchange and the clue to the PIT STOP will be in the new briefcase. Not hard to do but a huge area from the Capitol to the Lincoln Monument to be covered!!

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-05, 02:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
The Linz brother doesn't look like he's trying to look at the briefcases, just mumbling the code "The sky is blue?" to random people planted by CBS. How would the switching of briefcases (in the AOL preview) amongst these secret agents themselves play out?

10-01-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
Let's update our information:

That is NOT repeat NOT the Gettysburg Battle Ground and the reenactment is not happening there. The actual reenactment at Gettysburg which is the largest Civil War Reenactment of the year and perhaps a thousand or so reenacters meet there from all over the country and takes place on the anniversary of the 1883 battle, July 1 to July 3.

Actually, we have found pictures of the Gettysburg reenactment and they do not match those in the promo. The area is much greater, many more people envolved, etc. Nothing seems to match the aerial visual we have of the site.

We think that the site is just down the road from Gettysburg on the way to Washington DC. It is MONOCACY Maryland which was the site of an important battle in July 1864 which prevented Johnny Reb from invading Washington DC. The battle took place on July 9 and 10. And there was a reenactment there this year on July 9, the day our teams would have been there.

You will notice from the aerial view that there are relatively few participants in the field (just two battle lines) and if you look up in the upper left corner it appears that there are at least 8 white stretchers lined up waiting for the teams.

So it is here at MONOCACY, MARYLAND that our SEARCH or RESCUE Detour takes place. From here it is an hour's drive down to Washington where the teams pick up their DETOUR task.

Notice that the teams conveniently are able to leave the backpacks in the SUV at every stop. Makes it easier for the younger players to get around without hauling their backpacks as is the usual case in TAR.

mommamia 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-01-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mommamia Click to send private message to mommamia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
I'm wondering if the "No Pitstop" mention in conjunction with the "gotta pee, gotta pee" is a misdirection and it actually means there will be no pitstop or elimination at the end of this leg. Since Phil said there would be 6 non-elimination legs it makes sense that they would do one right away so we could get to know the teams better and give them a chance to go further before being eliminated. What dya think?

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-01-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail choochoo Click to send private message to choochoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
hmm...I checked the tape, and Phil said "seven of these pit stops are elimination points". There may be a chance for some "to be continued" legs in all of this.

10-01-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mommamia Click to send private message to mommamia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
In past seasons they sometimes consider a "leg" a one hour show whether or not it has a pitstop at the end. At least going by what it says in the tvguide listing. One night last season there were 2 legs (eppy 11? can't remember for sure) and I think it was the one where Rob and Amber go there and were immediately told it wasn't a pitstop and were given the clue to their next stop. Having an episode with a "to be continued..." at the end would follow with NO PITSTOPS as it says in the promo so no elimination this week!

10-02-05, 01:25 PM (EST)
14. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
It was announced on CBS This Morning that TES would feature the next family eliminated from TAR. So it looks like it is definite that we will have another family eliminated at the end of this Tuesday's show, leaving only eight families to travel on to Huntsville, Alabama by Monday Night.

The questions seems to be do they travel from the pitstop outside Lancaster to York (shoe house) then on to Washington to do the ROADBLOCK switheroo of briefcases and then retrace they trip back to Monocacy, Maryland for the DETOUR of rescuing five wounded soldiers or something to do with water and the flag and then reach the PITSTOP for the elimination. OR DO THEY GO TO MONOCACY, MD FIRST and then on to Washington DC where the pitstop is located? The sun location and shadows seem to indicate that they go to Washington DC first and then retreat back to Monocacy.

10-04-05, 08:16 AM (EST)
15. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-05 AT 09:48 AM (EST)

It was announced on CBS This Morning that TES would feature the next family eliminated from TAR.<<<<<

I'm wondering why they would have mentioned on Monday something that would be coming up on Wednesday. They usually wouldn't mention something 2 days ahead. Usually they'll do a blurb at the end of the show about what will be coming up the next day and they didn't mention anything today until after they all said goodbye except a clip about anorexia websites for tomorrow. Nothing about AR.

10-04-05, 03:16 PM (EST)
16. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
On CBS's SUNDAY MORNING show they always promote the special events on TES during the week. I. e. Next eliminated family from TAR on Wednesday and the nect bootee from Survivor on Friday morning. CBS at noon today (after the Price is Right) had two girls from TES again plugging that the next family eliminated from TAR would be on their show tomorrow morning. Looks like there will certainly not be a TBC or a NEL tonight.

10-04-05, 04:31 PM (EST)
17. "RE: TAR8 EP2:"How Do We Know We Aren't Going To Get Shot?" "
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-05 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

From the CBS Newswire~

Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW...
talk to the next family eliminated from The Amazing Race. Tomorrow (Coming up)
on THE EARLY SHOW...

I'm Rene Syler. I'm Hannah Storm. Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW...
Plus, the next family eliminated from The Amazing Race tells us what
went wrong. Tomorrow (Coming up) on THE EARLY SHOW...

edited to add
CBS Press release
Several Teams Misinterpret a Clue & Confuse a Landmark on The Amazing Race 10/4/05

SEVERAL TEAMS MISINTERPRET A CLUE AND CONFUSE ONE CITY LANDMARK FOR ANOTHER, ON “THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION,” TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

“How Do We Know We’re Not Going To Get Shot?” -- Several Teams misinterpret a clue, confusing one city landmark for another, on THE AMAZING RACE: FAMILY EDITION, Tuesday, October 4 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

Racers are in awe when they find themselves in the middle of a full-scale Civil War reenactment during their travels. After ignoring a suggestion to refuel the car, tempers flare when one Team’s car runs dangerously low on gas and there is no gas station in sight. On another Team, one Family member is plagued with fatigue, making a task nearly impossible to finish.

~puddin~

gatortod 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-04-05, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gatortod Click to send private message to gatortod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "No pit stops"
I think this is in reference to the gotta pee vs not having any more pit stops for TAR8.

10-04-05, 05:16 PM (EST)
19. "RE: No pit stops"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-05 AT 08:26 PM (EST)

Boys and Girls, it is that time again:

WHAT WE KNOW AND THE LOT WE DON'T KNOW

The pit stop is probably another camp out at the Rohrer Farm near Lancaster, PA. The first teams, the four Godlewski sisters arrived first about 3:04PM. The last team, The Linz siblings (the last team to continue on, that is) arrived while it was still daylight but probably at least two hours after the first.

Speculation has it that the mandatory rest period this time is at least 15 hours since we see the Gaghans who arrived second leaving with backpacks through the trellis on the Rohrer Farm with the sun up although from the length of the shadows very soon after sunrise at 5:45AM. Later we have a shot of the Aiello Family getting into their SUV and we see the same barn or some othe outbuilding through the car window which we saw the day before when they arrived. The sun is now up and is shinning directly into Papa Aiello' s eyes as we hear one of the sons-in-law say "It's time to roll"

The first route clue seems to direct them to Hallam, PA and the Shoe House. Maybe the clue is vague or they get specific directions but in any case it is only a 20 mile ride to Hallam, PA. The clue here directs them to Frederick, Maryland. A drive of about 53 miles.We have the belief that this is the location of the Civil War Reenactment at the Monocacy National Battlefield. The evidence seems to point here and not to Gettysburg, PA: the site shown is much smaller, the terrain does not seem to match pictures we have of the battlefield at Gettysburg, and we know that on July 9 and 10 no reenactments were scheduled for Gettysburg (the big one took place the weekend before, July 1-3,) but there was a much smaller one scheduled for Monocacy which seems to fit the scenes we have of a very small force on both side. Now it is possible that the deep pockets of CBS could entice some of the reenactment unit to return to Gettysburg OR CBS could tell the teams they were in Gettysburg while in fact they were in Monocacy, (heck one team didn't even know if Pennsylvania was a state or not!)

At the civil war reenactment site (Gettysburg or Monocacy) is the location for the DETOUR task. We call it: CARRY or FETCH. In CARRY the teams must find and carry five (5) rather heavy wounded soldiers both Union and Rebel to an aide station which seems to be up a rather steep hill (note tents at the top of the aerial and the at least 8 white stretchers lined up to the left) Not a very difficult task but one that can be very tiring (and we do know that Papa Bransen is really in lousy shape and almost blows it for the girls) From the shadows it looks like it is early to mid morning here; perhaps between 8 and 10AM. We have seen the Linz, Aiello, Bransen, and Godlewski families doing this task. The other task is FETCH (we have little to go on here) which seems to deal with fetching water for the troops in the field and then retrieving a particular flag to bring back to the starting point. We have the Weavers and Gaghans doing this task. So the tiitle of the Detour may even be SEARCH and RESCUE. The Paolos, Rogers, and Schroeders are MIA.

The clue here tells them to proceed to Washington, DC where they will find their next clue by the reflecting pool (Union Square) in front of the statue of General U. S. Grant (which may be the only clue they have since it fits in with the civil war theme). This takes place about 10:51AM. Frederick, MD is only 40 miles north of DC on a direct route via Interstate 270, the Capital Beltway, and George Washington Parkway into the mall area.

There may be another task for them first. Maybe to find the monument dedicated to a President (the Third not the Sixteenth) Some teams may head to the Lincoln Memorial instead of the Jefferson Memorial across the Tidal Basin from Mr. Lincoln. Here they will find the ROADBLOCK task. Call it "The Sky is Blue": one member of each team must take the black briefcase and try to find another person somewhere on the mall with a similar black briefcase and if this is the person who will take part in the SWITCHEROO he will respond when hearing the code phrase: "The Sky is Blue". We only have shots of one of the Linz clan and and Papa Bransen (he survived the battle field) with the briefcases. From the looks of the shadows it appears that this task is being done at least by these two around 12:00 or 1:00PM.

When they exchange briefcases they will receive the clue to go to the pit stop. Don't know where: it could be on the Mall but unlikely as this would have been too open and public. Perhaps one of the many historical estates in the area, such as Mount Vernon, or just about anywhere. Wherever we now are positive that this will be another ELIMINATION LEG.

Its your guess as whom isto be philimated tonight. Good luck. Hopefully we have this story at least half-way right.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •