The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Spoiling Thread -- Ryan or Charlie? (The Bachelorette)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-10-03, 06:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Spoiling Thread -- Ryan or Charlie? (The Bachelorette)"
Most of us already have a pretty good idea of who's going to win Trista's hand in "The Bachelorette" but it'd be good to organize our spoiling and thoughts on who's going to get to the end.

Please feel free to post any new spoilers or serious speculation in here (let's leave the completely unfounded speculations out of here).

RYAN

In Favour:
- was picked first in the last two eliminations
- poetry appreciated by Trista
- Trista is intrigued by his shyness

Against:
- geographical disadvantage (may not be flexible in moving to a hot place to be with Trista and she won't move to Colorado)
- job doesn’t match Trista’s snootiness level?
- too sensitive and too sappy?

CHARLIE

In Favour:
- considered to be more well-rounded
- physical attraction more apparent
- lives in California, ideal for Trista

Against:
- Trista’s rapport with his family? (to me it seemed a little bit “cool”)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Spoiling Thread -- Ryan or Char... SurvivinDawg 02-10-03 1
 It could go either way yukionna 02-10-03 2
 RE: Spoiling Thread -- Ryan or Char... dajaki 02-10-03 3
   RE: Spoiling Thread -- Ryan or Char... SurvivorOverlord 02-10-03 4
       RE: Spoiling Thread -- Ryan or Char... dajaki 02-10-03 6
 Charlie sorgee 02-10-03 5
 RE: Spoiling Thread -- Ryan or Char... MellowYellow 02-11-03 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-10-03, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Spoiling Thread -- Ryan or Charlie? (The Bachelorette)"
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-03 AT 07:48 AM (EST)

As I've posted elsewhere, if Trista were not a DAW thinking of a career way ahead of a hubby, she'd pick Ryan. It was clear (to me, anyway) that she really, really likes the guy. I also think that, barring her DAW career, a marriage with Ryan would do well. I noted that she was doing the leading while with him, which suited him fine, and I say this in a good way. And Vail, Colorado is not a bad place to live, especially if you like skiing and beautiful scenery. Unfortunately, there's her DAW career getting in the way. I also wonder if they are on the same intellectual level (no insults intended here, and I'm thinking that she is on the higher plane), which could be a problem over time.

Yes, she also really likes Charlie, which is good because he suits her "needs" best, those "needs" being availability while she pursues her DAW career. While they seem to have a strong physical attraction, and good connections on the conversational/intellectual level, this is a relationship that needs more time to see if it truly is a good match. Sure they might do well the rest of their lives, but I can also see them breaking up if issues develop.

She'll pick Charlie, but in reality she's going to pick her career.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

yukionna 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-10-03, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail yukionna Click to send private message to yukionna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "It could go either way "
There are three ways I see to analyze who will win: 1) based on what the producers have decided to show us, 2) what might have really happened but was never shown, and 3) a 50-50 guess.

1) Analysis based on what video footage the show's producers have decided to show us.

Based on what I have seen in video footage from the show, it looks like Charlie will be the chosen one.

I see Trista as a high-maintenance, selfish, spoiled diva who seeks a glittery lifestyle in show business. Ryan will not be the one chosen because Trista will not choose someone who doesn't live in California and doesn't hold a job in a high income bracket. Ryan's sweetly romantic poems are not enough to sustain this diva with self-serving motives.

2) Analysis based on what what I guess might have really happened during filming but was never shown to us by the producers.

Based on what the audience hasn't seen in video footage, Ryan could very well be the chosen one. The producers have led us to believe that Charlie will be chosen based on seeing Trista "glowing" whenever he is with her. The producers have led us to believe that Trista is self-centered and materialistic so will not choose a Ryan-type. These clips are just 1 minute pieces of footage strung together from thousands of hours of videotape. Anyone can look very, very good or very, very bad under these circumstances.

3) No analysis, just a wild guess.

A wild guess might be the safest route to take given that we never know what is in the mind of producer's who only have a primary goal in mind -- how to obtain high viewership and high ratings. Unfortunately, given the "knowledge" I am privy to from watching the series, I can't objectively take a 50-50 guess so I will resort to pulling a name out of a hat...and the name is...Charlie!

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-10-03, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Spoiling Thread -- Ryan or Charlie? (The Bachelorette)"
Someone else had posted that Charlie is also seeking a DAW career based on lack of success with banking or brokering. I see Trista choosing him based on location, location, location and similar career goals. There is no way Ryan can sustain the endless homages to her eyes nor will he give up his Rocky Mountain High to live in the big city.

SurvivorOverlord 1351 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorOverlord Click to send private message to SurvivorOverlord Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Spoiling Thread -- Ryan or Charlie? (The Bachelorette)"
I think the chosen one will be Charlie and for much the same reason that everyone else is giving....Trista is a big friggin DAW!!!

First off you don't become a Miami Heat dancer just to get some extra exercise...these girls are using what the good lord(and the plastic surgeon)gave them to try and get "discovered"...remember what Paula Abdul before she became a singer and married Emilio Estevez.....she was a Laker girl!

Vail, Colorado is a beautiful place, I have been there several times and would love to live there....but there is no fame and fortune there for Trista....I am not sure how far Hermosa, Ca. is from LA.....but it's a heck of alot closer than Vail.

Charlie wins to feed Trista's big ass ego

"It's only cheating if you get caught".....Al Bundy

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-03, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Spoiling Thread -- Ryan or Charlie? (The Bachelorette)"
Hermosa Beach is just south of LAX, about 20 minutes (if that) from downtown. Yeah, he's in the right spot for marginal fame.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-03, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Charlie"
'cause she knows i want ryan for myself!!!!!!!!!

seriously, she is a 2 marriage kinda girl. the first time for money and the second time for love.

MellowYellow 346 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-11-03, 04:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MellowYellow Click to send private message to MellowYellow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Spoiling Thread -- Ryan or Charlie? (The Bachelorette)"
Mr le pew

Since she eliminated Russ, I'll take the leftover one on any given day.

However, Charlie would be the logical choice, not so sappy, California living, etc.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •